Local exchange companies are preparing for a major demonstration on Jan. 24
Baghdad – Hundreds of exchange-rate owners and employees are planning a major demonstration on January 24 to demand a change in their central bank policies, which they see as unjust and weaken their role and influence in the local economy.
And explained the reasons for their exit at the demonstration at the main gate of the Central Bank of Iraq with several points.
– Adopting a systematic policy of hostility against the private sector represented by exchange companies rather than sponsoring and supporting them, as is the case in other countries of the world.
– Dealing with disrespect and retaliation instead of practicing correction and reform. This has been reflected in the behavior of the staff of the committees in dealing with the owners of exchange companies by police methods and inspecting mobile phones, underwear, bags, etc.
– The imposition of wages and illegal fees on companies that did not exist in the past punish the company in case of non-payment.
– Replacement of experienced, competent and former staff with no experience, and are only able to execute orders from their position in these positions.
– The imposition of harsh penalties such as the cancellation of companies, the withdrawal of leave, or suspension for a long time, or the imposition of fines without a right, or to give a weak chance of defense so that the opponent is the referee.
– Failure to implement promises and procrastination in the issuance of any decision to improve difficult situations, or to address them