Initiative to restore confidence in the historic settlement project
Initiative to restore confidence in the historic settlement project
2017/04/10 (00:01 PM) - Number of readings: 55 - Number (3898)
Baghdad / Range
(The political settlement), in its number 3775 issued on 5 November 2016, after the disclosure of this sensitive file in the number 3771 of October 31, 2016.
On March 14, 2017, Al-Mada returned to publish the Sunni settlement paper called "The Unified Vision of the Sunni Arabs on the Historic Settlement Project".
Today, in the context of its pursuit of all political and security developments at the national level, Al-Mada is going back to publishing the provisions of the annex to the Sunni settlement paper, entitled "Restoration of Trust Initiative for the Historic Settlement Project." The text of this initiative: "Confidence Restoration Initiative"
This initiative seeks to restore the confidence of the Sunni population in the country, a first step towards any political solution. The implementation of the constitutional, legal and moral obligations, as well as the inalienable rights of the citizens, will create an appropriate atmosphere for moving forward to find a radical and comprehensive solution to the Sunni problem in Iraq and the resultant military and security collapse. The proposed historic settlement should implement the contents of this initiative within six months and then enter into detailed and direct negotiations to achieve the historic settlement frameworks.
1. Immediately resume the return of displaced persons to their cities and homes and ensure their protection and compensation for any damage to their property and property, especially in the areas that have been re-established in the governorates of Diyala, Salah al-Din and Kirkuk, as well as displaced persons from around Baghdad, The liberation, unconditionally, this return alone will prove the absence of a political approach to bring about demographic change in these areas.
2. The Iraqi Government's explicit commitment to the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement adopted by the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in 1998. And the commitment of the Iraqi government to reconsider the mechanisms and procedures for relief and support of displaced persons, especially with regard to the allocations necessary for the displaced in the federal budget.
Persons affected by arrests and torture:
3. Forming an impartial committee to receive complaints from citizens regarding any abuses, violations or damages suffered after 9/4/2003, with the participation of international personalities and organizations in this committee in order to increase confidence in their work.
4. To legislate the law of the victims of justice in a manner that guarantees compensation for the detained detainees after 30 June 2004 who have not been convicted fairly and for every day of detention.
5. Provide a draft law criminalizing torture and ensure that none of the perpetrators of torture will be punished, ensuring that they are not included in the Amnesty Law of 2016 and that they will not be covered by any general or special amnesty law in the future. For the year 2008 retroactively.
6. The Prohibition of Torture Act must include a compensatory compensation for victims of torture, and this compensation should be retroactive to the victims of torture after 30 June 2004.
7. Suspension of executions for a period of time not exceeding two years due to doubts about the fairness of their death sentences. And will undertake a comprehensive review of these provisions, beginning with the preliminary investigation stage, following the enactment of the Supreme Judicial Council Law and the activation of the role of judicial inspection.
8. The release of MP Ahmad al-Alwani, especially after the plaintiffs relinquished the personal right and reinstated the investigation and prosecution procedures in respect of the verdicts issued against the politicians, including transferring the trial proceedings to any governorate they hold.
9. Issuing a special amnesty for both Sultan Hashim Ahmed al-Tai and senior officers of the former Iraqi army, as professional soldiers who were carrying out orders issued by their superior and could not be implemented under the applicable military laws.
Informal Military Formations:
10. The Iraqi constitution prohibits the formation of any military militias outside the framework of the armed forces. Therefore, the adoption of sectarian and sectarian militias under the name of "popular mobilization", and then trying to legitimize through the law of the popular mobilization body for 2016, is a clear violation of the provisions of the Iraqi constitution on the one hand, while at the same time a major obstacle to any political solution to the crisis in Iraq.
These militias must therefore be dismantled and demilitarized as informal military formations that violate the Constitution, investigate and prosecute crimes against humanity that amount to war crimes committed by these militias. Until action is taken to disband and disarm these militias, it is necessary to:
First. The withdrawal of militias operating under the name of "popular mobilization" of all areas with a Sunni majority and mixed areas.
Second. The closure of the offices of political formations with military arms and the prohibition of their political participation pursuant to the law of the Iraqi parties in force.
Thirdly, That the popular mobilization forces be treated as individuals and not as military formations of militias or parties.
Fourthly . That the popular mobilization forces be exclusively under the command of the Iraqi army. And that no role be given to militia leaders or parties to emerge as leaders of these forces.
Fifthly. That weapons and equipment delivered to the Popular Forces shall be withdrawn and that such weapons and equipment shall be within the owners and custody of the military formations comprising the members of the popular crowd and not the property or special custody of the militias or their parties.
VI. To prohibit the use of special labels for these forces under any circumstances, and to be an integral part of the Iraqi army formations.
Seventh. That the Popular Popular Forces must abide by the uniforms of the units to which they belong and that no military manifestations be allowed outside the framework of the Iraqi army.
Eighth. Prohibition of the raising of any flag or brigade or signs that symbolize sectarian affiliation.
Ninth. Prohibition of the lifting of any symbols or icons or images that symbolize the sectarian affiliation of these forces.
X. That these forces be subject to military laws in full.
Eleven . The military unit to which the members of the popular mobilization belong shall bear the legal and moral consequences of any violations committed by such individuals.
Government Procedures File:
11. Close the unconstitutional and illegal prisons of the Ministries of Interior and Defense, the Counter-Terrorism Directorate, or any other body other than the Ministry of Justice. And the transfer of detainees to the Ministry of Justice as decided by the Iraqi Constitution and the Law of the Ministry of Justice, and oblige the Supreme Judicial Council not to conduct any investigations in illegal prisons or by investigators who are not legally authorized.
12. Release of female detainees under article 4 terrorism, and amnesty of the governments under this article, to observe the general Iraqi custom.
13. Release detainees who have not been charged with specific charges or who have not been referred to the courts within the limits specified in the Code of Criminal Procedure.
14. Adoption of spatial jurisdiction with respect to places of detention and trials.
15. Appointment of local military commanders of the military and security forces operating in the provinces of Anbar, Salah al-Din and Mosul.
16. Establish an agreed formula to involve the Sunni Arabs in the management of the security file in the governorates of Baghdad, Diyala, Kirkuk and other mixed areas.
17. Declaration of the Iraqi government commitment to implement the requests of the provinces of Salah al-Din and Diyala and Nineveh to form a geographical region individually through the implementation of the law of the formation of regions, which specified the role of the Council of Ministers to allocate the budget for the referendum on the formation of the region and transfer the request form to the Independent Electoral Commission.
18. Declaration of the results of the investigative committees on the killing of the demonstrators in Fallujah, the killing of the military in Ramadi, the massacre of Hawija, the Mosque of Sariah, Musab Ben Omair Mosque, the murder of prisoners south of Babylon, and the crimes of Saqlawiya and Karma and the new Mosul. Smuggling terrorists from Abu Ghraib prison and other prisons.
19. Prohibition of the lifting of any symbols or icons or images or flags over the state institutions, and public property belonging to them, and that the Iraqi flag is raised exclusively. And entrusting the Ministry of Interior and the Secretariat of Baghdad and the municipal departments in the provinces to follow up the implementation of this matter firmly.
20. Preserving the administrative boundaries of the governorates according to their present situation and rejecting any selectivity in redrawing these boundaries.
21. Control the speech of the Iraqi media network of the state away from the sectarian and ideological trends that adopt it, which made the channel rejected by the Sunni audience completely.
22. Compel the Media and Communications Commission to enforce the law and the code of professional and media honor and without selectivity with respect to the control of the audio-visual media that incite violence and hatred and sectarianism and punish.
23. Compel the Prosecutor to initiate proceedings against media that incite violence, hatred and sectarianism, or which affect the religious feeling described in Article 372 of the Iraqi Penal Code.
24. Preventing collective punishment against citizens in areas under the control of Da'ash, or areas where control has been restored.
25. Granting passports to thousands of Iraqis without right because it is a clear violation of the Iraqi constitution and human rights principles.
26. Ending the control of the property held by the militias and organized crime syndicates.
27. The release of pensions reserved for thousands of citizens or their families, which is a clear violation of the law.