Barzani: I will invite to the meeting of all Iraqi leaders may reject the continuation of al-Maliki as prime minister
Date: Monday 09/04/2012 10:57

After his meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joseph Biden at the White House last Wednesday, Barzani said in an interview for a long «daily life» conducted by our colleague Ali Abdul Amir Ajam what he would call be back to Erbil to «an urgent meeting attended by Iraqi leaders,

To put all issues on the table serious and open away from any courtesy, and in case Maliki's refusal to attend or to deal positively, we will reject the other hand he was president of the Iraqi government. "
long and important re-published The following is the text of the interview:

 In the meeting with President Obama, and talks with Vice President Joseph Biden, any concerns reported to them about Iraq, and any position of American Iraqi crisis had drawn?
- I explained to them in detail in our view, Fahemena very to know the identity of Iraq, that Iraq wants the Americans to deal with it, etc. is the position of the Kurdistan region, and transported them to the position of the region from all aspects; the current crisis and its causes, and I heard them Avrhani and made ​​me a reassuring commitment to the U.S., which was clear, democratic Iraq, pluralistic, federal, and confirmed to me their commitment to Kurdistan and the people of Kurdistan, and this was for me something important, As I explained to them that Iraq is in crisis, and that it needs to be addressed seriously, not a crisis fabricated, but it exists, and you need to be addressed, and this treatment must be backed Iraqi friends of Iraq, it may not have to wait from America or any other country in the world that come and find a solution to the crisis, so I suggested, and I think that President Obama and Vice President Biden, we have been approved the proposal, to meet Iraqi leaders to save the country, but the situation now is not the option, either repair the situation or other options, survival of the situation as it is not our choice at all. Iraq is heading to the disaster, the return to dictatorship, and monopoly power in all state facilities. Is the marginalization of all, as if he were to drop the new regime in Iraq at the hands of a person, while the rest live on the new leader blasts, and this is unacceptable and is not possible. We all fought, all Iraqi political forces struggled and faced the dictatorship of Saddam and made ​​sacrifices in their struggle, may not capture the power at all.

you going to the option to invite the Iraqi leaders to meet and discuss the crisis, what next?
- when I come back to Kurdistan, I will invite to the meeting of all Iraqi leaders, in Erbil or anywhere else, it is important that the meeting be held in the presence of all the leaders, to study the situation responsibly, and not to compliment or temporary solutions or relief to the crisis, either radical solutions, or each and every one knows his way. There must be a specific timeframe and short to resolve the crisis, the fact that we are tired of promises and fruitless meetings, the meeting must be serious and decisive, and if they do not respond, there is another interview.

But Maliki refuses to participate in any meeting carries conditions, which was the reason for the failure of a «national meeting» in Baghdad, do you expect post-Maliki in a meeting called for, you want a critical, open and away from any courtesy?
- we want a meeting of the dismantling of the crisis, to fix the situation, meeting is not just for the meeting, if Maliki's refusal to attend the meeting to resolve the problem, we refuse to stay in power. We must be honest, there is no more room for compliments nor diplomacy, either remedy the situation or face a situation can not accept it, in which one person owns all state facilities and act according to his will, and marginalize others, and remain prime minister, this is not acceptable at all.

 What you consider the rise of al-Maliki obsessive figure on the centers of power, who bears the responsibility? Of silent until it has become unacceptable?
- I carry the responsibility of other powers, rather than carry-Maliki. Kept silent and tolerated this behavior, Maliki began gradually in the concentration of power, while others kept silent, busy side issues that things have come to what we have reached. Now is the Prime Minister, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, and I assure you that the military ruler General, and Minister of Defense, Minister of the Interior, Director of Intelligence, and finally asked the Central Bank President appended his organization headed by an independent minister. What is left of the authorities did not concentrating in his hands, and how to be a dictatorship?!

 speak with apprehension about the growth of the Iraqi army, armed, what Akhivkm that?
- the Constitution says that the Iraqi army belongs to all people and the balance, and what was supposed to be the number of teams for more than five to six teams, now there are more than 16 band, as well as many of the formations of special forces, all linked to the Office of the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, ie, al-Maliki, who oversees the military as well, not the Ministry of Defence and Chief of Staff, nor any military officer is the Office of the Adjutant General, imposed constitutionally that the appointment of any division commander is the approval of Parliament, to ask parliament today, as Chairman and members of the squad leader if one had to be this way constitutional. Any breach of this largest of the Constitution? Then more seriously, that the military is built on the basis of a culture of loyalty to the per person, and this is the disaster, and that there was in the army of think that if access to sophisticated weapons, the aim would be to pay the Kurds outside Irbil and Salah al-Din (the headquarters of the region), this was within the meeting of the General.

 the presence of al-Maliki?
- Yes, his presence, and was told that with the F-16 aircraft and tanks advanced we will pay the Kurds outside Erbil, once again, and I have accurate information and confirmed that this was said in the presence of Maliki, who has not rejected a serious talk like that? This should stop the deterioration of the situation in Iraq, and stop these dangerous attempts to restore the dictatorship.

 But Army Chief of Staff and the commander of the Air Force of the Kurds?
- Yes, but without the powers become effective. Exist by name and without any real effectiveness, whether in the decision-making or in implementation. And disarmament are the powers of the officers constantly Kurds.