Fourth series of Chalabi files reveal transfers and money laundering for the benefit~
Fourth series of Chalabi files reveal transfers and money laundering for the benefit of the guidance Bank
Long-Presse / Baghdad
Over the years, under the late Dr. Ahmad Chalabi, a member of the House of Representatives Chairman of the Finance Committee in which the head of the Iraqi National Congress, a busy financial and administrative corruption issues of major, at the forefront of the issue of smuggling billions of dollars out of the country through the fake financial companies mostly bankers freshman exhausted these billions of the state treasury and profiteers, which led to the emptiness of the treasury and the disruption of many economic and service projects.
And since the late Chalabi presidency of the Finance Committee in the current parliament put in mind uncover the details of this dangerous files, especially foreign currency smuggling file, and has already succeeded in cooperation with other members of the Committee and state officials in the collection of hundreds of documents which prepared the report submitted by the Committee Other destinations including the Presidency of the Council of Representatives and the prime minister. As Chalabi told the "long" at the time it received valuable cooperation from the Ministry of Finance and its Minister Hoshyar Zebari in revealing the facts of this file and others.
The late Chalabi briefed Foundation "long" early on the facts of this file and deposited some time ago a copy of the contents of the institution in the hope of starting to deploy relation to this file in the time prescribed by it, as he was waiting for the positions of others, and including the Supreme religious authority in Najaf, which was looking forward to getting their support to open this file and others from files that reveal serious mafia and corruption in the country which has ties and glue of senior officials in this state activities.
Now Dr. Chalabi has gone from this world, the institution long find themselves obliged to implement what was agreed upon with the late Chalabi, and published here new pages of this file attached to Bank of guidance given by the late Chalabi, in his memorandum to the Parliamentary Integrity Committee less than a month of his death as a a model for "irregularities and crimes committed by a group of banks and their owners in the foreign currency auction."
Public Prosecutor asked to investigate and move the criminal complaint
Based on "suspicion report" prepared by the central bank / reporting money laundering office referred the presidency of the Public Prosecutor / Attorney General circle in front of the Presidency of the criminal court in the palace of the judiciary / Rusafa to the Court achieve the second Rusafa Huda bank containing the file suspicious financial transactions are illegal and operations of money laundering. And ensure the book's central bank signal significant to "the existence of an internal transfers from the Rafidain Bank through the payments system (RTGS) to promote Huda bank balance (joint stock company) to participate in the sale and purchase of foreign currency in the open current account with the Central Bank of Iraq window."
The Republic of Iraq
Presidency of the public prosecutor
Prosecutor circle in front of the Presidency of the criminal court in the palace of the judiciary / Rusafa
Issue / 1422
Date / 04.23.2015
To / Rusafa second court of inquiry
Mr. competent examining magistrate into money laundering cases Esquire
M / legal action
We enclose herewith book CBI / Money Laundering Reporting - Audit and Investigation No. 2 in section 04.07.2015 with all annexes office Rajin kindly familiarized themselves with and take legal action and moving the criminal complaint in connection with the subject and let us know Ajraatkm with appreciation.
Haidar Hisham Abdul Razzaq
Director General of the Criminal Court in the Palace of the judiciary / Rusafa
Book Central Bank and its annexes
-------------------- The Republic of Iraq
Central Bank of Iraq
Reporting funds / Audit and Investigation Department Laundering Office
Issue / 2
To / Presidency of the public prosecutor - the Department of the Attorney General
Palace judiciary - Rusafa
M / report suspicion
We would like to inform you that the Money Laundering Reporting Office observed through data and information available to him about the existence of an internal transfers from the Rafidain Bank through the payments system analysis (RTGS) to promote Huda bank balance (joint stock company) to participate in the sale and purchase of foreign open a current account with the currency window Central Bank of Iraq has such transfers amounted to up to (1543212) million dinars (trillion five hundred and forty-three billion and two hundred and twelve million dinars) and for the period from 02/02/2014 until 06/30/2014 with the offer that the volume of foreign remittances implemented for a period of above limits (in 1802 ) million dollars (one billion eight hundred and two million dollars) has been taking a number of measures and steps pursuant to paragraph (3 article - 12) of the Anti-Money Laundering Law No. (93) for the year / 2004 and we could not get a clear explanation on the sources and the safety of these funds a converted According to paragraph (4) of the above article below we include in the procedures and the results that have been reached:
1. We asked our writers under (secret and personal / 143) on 08.11.2014 from the Rafidain Bank to let us know whether the due diligence has been taken towards conversions (Interior) issued through the payments system (RTGS) to Huda Bank (joint stock company), amounting to up to (1543212 ) million dinars (trillion five hundred and forty-three billion and two hundred and twelve million dinars) for the period from 02.02.2014 until 06.30.2014 in accordance with the attached table with the book in question and a copy of it to the General Directorate of banking and credit control and the Directorate General of the accounts at the central bank needed to take on verification and follow-up sources feeding Huda bank account has received an answer Rafidain Bank Bektabhm No. (989 confidential and personal) on 26.8.2014 that these amounts is a guidance notices issued by the bank account (joint stock company) with their branch president, although the task of investigating the sources customer funds is the responsibility of Huda Bank (joint stock company) as an independent financial institution under central bank supervision and subject to the law of money laundering, which it is obliged to establish combat the laundering of the Division of money and investigate customers and accept their deposits in accordance with paragraph (1) of Article (17) and paragraph (1) of Article (18) of the Act and that responsibility (Rafidain Bank) is limited to the implementation of the follow-up requests for transfers in the bank said.
2. The bank has approached again under our No. (178 confidential and personal) on 09.14.2014 to provide details of the names of those customers and deposits for the period in question was stressed that the bank for the purpose of the answer under our No. (Confidential and Personal / 3) in the 01/05/2015 their answer was received under their book No. (2105) on 02.17.2015 that their branch president has done to investigate their deposits through the organization of money laundering form and no indication of any doubt in those transactions by the bank and as a precaution it is the demand of private banks and building the above book under No. (615) in 02.10.2015 directed to the private banks in which to apologize for accepting cash their deposits for the reasons set forth herein was decided based on the above and the Rafidain Bank, he directed its branches under his No. (1013) in 08/31/2014 need to apply the principle of media your customers the highest levels of the State and enclose (162) deposit form regarding such transfers.
3. has Overture unit combat the laundering of financial aid and the financing of terrorism in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan under the book reporting on the funds No. Laundering Office (Sri / 161) on 08.27.2014 based on the memorandum of understanding between this office and this unit to provide us with any available information they have about transfers Foreign executed by the Iraqi Central Bank to companies benefiting in Jordan through the Housing Bank in accordance with the attached table for this purpose includes details of those orders and the names of the beneficiary companies and the quality of goods and quantities with an indication of the extent of the financial capacity to implement such requests were received their answer Bektabhm No. (secret Maktoum / 877) 11/30/2014 in this unit that has not been confirmed that the Housing Bank for Trade and Finance correspondent bank and determine the beneficiaries of remittances as part of the available information submitted by you.
4. has this office in coordination with the General Directorate for investments in the Central Bank of Iraq for being the party responsible for the follow-up converter applications this bank shows that the Central Bank of Iraq does not convert the transfer at the level of each customer, but the total amount to open a current account in outside of Iraq to foreign behalf of banks Huda Bank (joint stock company). And therefore can not be sure of the real beneficiary of these remittances outside Iraq only audited the current account in dollars to Bank of guidance detection (joint stock company) outside Iraq and in the light of this, we asked the General Directorate of investments under our note numbered (Sri / 12) on 01.18.2015 to provide us with numbers of accounts ongoing open outside Iraq for the Bank Huda their answers were received under the Internal their memo numbered (5/2/229) on 01/22/2015 that the current account of the bank Huda number (joint stock company) in Bank (Housing / Amman) (0012102900201).
5. Huda has approached Bank (joint stock company) under our No. (Confidential and Personal / 24) on 01.28.2015 to provide us with the stylus to reveal the current account (0012102900201 Open) dollars on behalf of their bank the Housing Bank in Oman for the period mentioned on the answer that we receive, however, employee from their bank within three days from the date of the receipt of our book and who sent them, however, an employee of the office and did not answer are set up to prepare this report.
6. We have approached the General Authority for taxes copywriters No. Office (Sri / 194) on 10.27.2014 to let us know whether bank customers has Huda accounting and tax attached disclosure of the names of customers and the amounts purchased by selling the currency window was emphasized that body Bactabena numbered (Sri / 210) and on 09.12.2014 (Sri / 16) on 01.19.2015 and did not respond to the question now.
Results of the analysis:
1. The answer Rafidain Bank set out above are inadequate and inaccurate to the fact that Huda Bank is one of his customers and has a responsibility to make sure that sources of such transfers and safety Pursuant to section (5) of the Anti-Money Laundering Law No. (93) for the year 2004 for being used for the purposes of entering into sale window foreign currency as the bank has doubts generated by the closure of a bank account of guidance and direction regarding its branches to take due diligence and did not investigate and ensure that the sources of these funds and our answer up to the preparation of this report.
2. The deposit slips referred to in paragraph (2) above the (162) coupon requires the formation of a committee to audit those coupons based on the files of customers and the extent of their compliance with their business activities and the relationship with Huda Bank not to install some of the names and some coupons do not include the full name of the beneficiary and therefore we can not be sure of the data and transfers received and the real beneficiary of health.
3. The failure to answer Huda bank on your asked to provide us reveal the current account referred to above and open to the Housing Bank have violated Article 8 of the Anti-Money Laundering Law No. (93) for the year 2004 and therefore was unable to this office to make sure the health of the real beneficiary of the amounts converted in accordance with the representations made by the bank statements and the names of analytical own customers and the quality of the goods and beneficiary entities with the display we have not received the results of auditing the Directorate General of banking and credit control to date.
Transactions subject of our report above and based on paragraph (4 article - 12) of the Anti-Money Laundering Law No. (93) for the year / 2004 is no commercial purpose and a clear failure to provide information and clarification reasonable by the Rafidain and guidance and it see:
1. take the necessary measures by the Central Bank of Iraq to Rafidain Bank for violating Section (5) of the law above and pursuant to Article (9) of the Anti-Money Laundering Law No. (93) for the year 2004.
2. take the necessary measures by the Central Bank of Iraq towards Huda Bank for violating articles (8) and (9) of the above law.
3. The formation of a committee of the competent authorities in accordance with applicable laws (Office of Financial Supervision and the Office of the Inspector General in the Ministry of Finance and the Directorate General for the banking and credit control) holds the auditing Rafidain Bank Customers transfers that have been used through a system of payments to enter into a sale of foreign currency window for the duration of the subject of the report to make sure sources the real money and the owner.
4. take the necessary measures on Huda Bank to provide statements open current accounts with foreign banks (in dollars) that the General Directorate of banking and credit control to make sure of the safety of the beneficiaries after compliance with foreign remittances executing the duration of the subject of the report and make sure the real beneficiary in conformity with the representations made by Huda Bank customers in addition to checking the records and verify that they meet the requirements in accordance with Article (22) of the Act supports the above and including the receipt of goods based on customs permits and import licenses.
For your kind information attached herewith correspondence and statements referred to ..
List correspondence and statements.
Naim Tohme Khudair
Director-General of the agency
List disclosure and correspondence:
1. Memorandum of reporting money laundering reports to the governor's office on 07.08.2014.
2. our book entitled to Rafidain Bank / Office of the Director General No. (o / 143) on 08.19.2014 with annexes.
3. Memorandum of reporting money laundering reports to the governor's office on 08.12.2014.
4. Book Rafidain Bank General Administration / Office of the Director General No. (confidential and personal / 989) on 08.26.2014.
5. our book (Sri / 161) on 08.27.2014 entitled to a unit to combat money laundering and terrorist financing in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the attached statements.
6. book reporting on money laundering No. Office (secret and personal / 178) on 09.14.2014 entitled to Rafidain Bank / Office of the Director General.
7. Book unit to combat money laundering and terrorist financing in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan contained to this office and No. (secret and secretive / M.g.o / 2/2/877 in November 30/2014.
8. our book (secret and personal / 3) at 01/05/2015 entitled to Rafidain Bank / General Administration Office of the Director General.
9. our note numbered (Confidential and Personal / 12) on 01.18.2015 entitled to the Central Bank of Iraq / General Directorate of investments.
10. Central Bank of Iraq Memo / investment division contained to this office and numbered (5/2/229) on 01.22.2015.
Our book No. 11. (Confidential and Personal / 24) on 01.28.2015 entitled to Huda Bank.
12. Book Rafidain Bank General Administration / Department of Internal Control contained to this office and No. (field / 2015) on 02.17.2015 and its annexes.
Our book No. 13. (Sri / 194) on 10.27.2014 entitled to the General Authority for taxes / Department of companies and its annexes.
14. Ktabana Almno.an (Sri / 210) and (series / 16) on 09/12/2014 and 19/1/2014 respectively Almanonn to the Ministry of Finance General Commission for Taxes section companies.