Article from Holly1 in the Chat Room
Special Representative of the United Nations called on Iraqis to build dialogue and reconciliation

He called the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jan Kubis in a congratulatory message to the Iraqis long Eid al-Adha to all effective dialogue and reconciliation

Kubis said in a statement: I extend on behalf of the United Nations family in Iraq, congratulations to Muslims all over the country on the occasion of Eid al-Adha, wishing all a happy and glorious.

"I would like in these blessed days and in these difficult times being experienced by the country, I call on all Iraqis to effective dialogue and reconciliation in order to common spirit of harmony and equality, justice and peaceful coexistence and cooperation goes back joy and happiness to the hearts of Iraqis."

The General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced on Tuesday (22 September 2015), determine the Eid al-Adha holiday four days beginning on Thursday and ending on Sunday, to resume working, on Monday (28 September 2015).

The supreme religious authority Ali al-Sistani, announced on Tuesday (15 September 2015), proved the vision of legitimacy for the month of Dhu al-Hijjah to be the day the first days of the month, and this Eid al-Adha be on Thursday (24 September 2015), in conjunction with the announcement of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia first day of Eid.

The Eid al-Adha one Eid when Muslims, and approved first day of Eid tenth day of the month of Dhu al-Hijjah AH, this holiday also is a remembrance of the story of Prophet Ibrahim when he wanted to sacrifice his son Ishmael in response to the command of his Lord, so the many Muslims approached to God in this day of sacrifice one of cattle (sheep or cow or camel) and the distribution of sacrifice meat among relatives and the poor and their neighbors, hence the name came Eid al-Adha.