1:58 PM [poppy3] The Iraqi constitutional process is that they have 15 days after the new Parliament was ratified (June 15th) to start the new Parliament session. But we now know they upped that to the 24th instead of July 1st. So on the 24th they will vote in whoever the new speaker is if isn't Najafi which I don't think it will be because he smells of the last Parliaments failures. That person will get 2 deputies voted in at that time with him. Then they will elect a President. That President will then turn to the largest Bloc which will be the new National Coalition and they will pick their candidate for PM who will then pick his Council of Ministers. >>>>>> All this is coordinated to happen very quickly and all we need is for the process to get started in earnest. we wait and see if this post is correct and they do stick to the constitution >>> poppy3

2:02 PM [poppy3] As I understand it their PREVIOUS CHAIRMAN IS CHARGED WITH SETTING THE FIRST SESSION OF THE NEW GROUP BUT IS BOUND TO DO SO BECAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION. WHO INFLUENCES HIM I HAVE ZERO IDEA. POPPY3