Beware When We Think We Are Strong, Lest We Fall, and Fail God...

Thread: Beware When We Think We Are Strong, Lest We Fall, and Fail God...

Beware When We Think We Are Strong, Lest We Fall, and Fail God...

As we draw ever nearer to the completion of monetary reform in Iraq, I thought I would write this as a reminder of what can transpire if we fail to understand our need for God's presence, and our responding to HIM in full submission to what HE desires to help us work out as it pertains to the salvation we receive through HIS SON..

Imo, one of my favorite Psalms put to song by the Sons of Korah... Really seems to capture the mood of King David when his own son Absalom had conducted a coup de-tat, and temporarily ruled as king in Jerusalem... This was a punishment from God for King David after his adulterous affair with Bathsheba, and plotting the eventual murder of her then husband Uriah to cover up his transgression against God.. (see 2nd Samuel for that account) The prophet Nathan had declared by God's decree that David's concubines would be violated for all to see, and that is exactly what occurred by his son...

Upon reading the account in 2 Samuel chapters 16-18, this was fulfilled according to God's Word, and within chapter 18 David pleads with the commander of his army Joab not to kill Absalom... David understood that this was occurring because of his willful sin, and he will have lost 3 son's because of his actions if Absalom was put to death... Joab showed Absalom no mercy in the end, and David grieved exceedingly once the news of his son was given him... Knowing that his willful sins had brought curses upon his family despite God having forgiven David...

This is a lesson for all of us as recorded to help us understand that while God is merciful towards a contrite heart, HE is also a righteous Judge... Sins that are forgiven could still very well carry consequences depending upon the situation... David suffered the loss of 3 children, and one of his daughters was raped by her half brother after what had transpired concerning the situation with Bathsheba, and Absalom... But David was forgiven, and will one day be reunited with his 3 sons as God's mercy, and love is unfailing in the overall scheme of things... David will also have to face Uriah, and reconcile with this man who had no idea that the king he was so loyal to had plotted so much deceit against him...

This is why it is so important that we rely heavily upon the Spirit of God within every moment of our lives... We need HIM in us to ensure that we do not fail to uphold God's precepts, and principles... Remember that David was a man after God's heart as our Creator declared.. But there are times when we can fail our Loving God tremendously if we allow for the Spirit that HE grants us to be neglected, and ignored... Beware lest we think we stand, because it is then we can most certainly fall... When we let our spiritual guard down, and fail to recognize just how weak we truly can become when the flesh becomes more important than the Spirit, and Truth we most desperately need to guide, and guard our hearts, and minds..

Here is the link to the song: Sons of Korah Psalm 63 Desert Prayer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AQQOpa7z-U

The lyrics based on this Psalm are below.. Have a great day, and God bless..

Oh God You are, You are my God
    Earnestly I seek for You, my Lord
    My soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You
    In a dry and weary land, where there is no water

Oh God You are, You are my God
    Earnestly I seek for You, my Lord
    My soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You
    In a dry and weary land, where there is no water

I have seen You in Your sanctuary
    And beheld Your power and glory
    Because Your love is better than life
    So my lips will glorify You
    I will praise You as long as I live
    In Your name I will lift my hands

And my soul will be filled with the richest of food
    With singing lips always, my mouth will praise You

On my bed I remember You
    I think of You through the watches of the night
    Because You are my help
    I sing beneath Your wings
    My soul clings to You
    And Your right hand upholds me

Those who seek my life will be destroyed
    They will go down to the depths of the earth
    They will be given over, over to the sword
    And food for jackals they will be
    But the king will rejoice, rejoice in God
    Swear by Gods name, and praise Him
    While the mouths of liars will be silenced
    Last edited by popeye7; 12-06-2022 at 06:45 PM.