Abadi announced his resignation from his posts in the Dawa Party and urged to change the leadership

The former Iraqi prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, the head of the victory coalition in parliament, announced his resignation from all his party posts, calling for a review and renewal of the structure of the "Dawa" party led by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

Abbadi heads the alliance of victory, which has 42 seats in the Iraqi parliament out of 329 seats.
In a letter addressed to the Dawa Party, Abadi said that "on the eve of the next conference, I find myself obliged to address you to the fulfillment of my legitimate and patriotic responsibilities. The invitation is a heritage, thought, action, sacrifice and great goals, and we need self-denial, solidarity and innovation to continue to lead the major transformations in our country."

"There are no societal political experiments infallible, the most important review and correction, and most importantly insist on continuing awareness, planning and commitment in accordance with the rules of responsibility and readiness."

"I call for a critical review, renewal of speech and structure, and I call for the continuation of the collective will and the pumping of new blood in all the joints (advocacy), especially the leadership of them, and on the basis of that, I declare descending and withdraw from all positions of leadership Party and to keep a soldier to serve March ".
In 2006, the Dawa party took over the presidency of the Iraqi government and continued until 2018, after which Adel Abdel Mahdi was appointed to form the government following the party's decline in the results of the parliamentary elections held in May.

Over the past years, the relationship between Abadi and Nuri al-Maliki has been strained. Abadi blamed his party's leader for the control of a two-thirds party when Maliki was prime minister in 2014.

Article Credit: https://www.shafaaq.com/
Special thanks to Paul Moseley!!