Minister of Communications: My priority is to provide a secure network connection to all citizens and public and private sectors

Revealed the new Minister of Communications Naim al - Rubaie, on Tuesday that his priority is to provide a network communication security for all citizens and for the public and private sectors, adding that the achievement of this priority requires the application of the law of electronic crime and to prosecute those who abuse the security and the lives of Iraqis.

Al-Rubaie said in a statement received by Alsumaria News, a copy of it, "My first concern is to provide secure network communication for all citizens and public sectors, and this will be a two-pronged network does not need the Internet and the cost is very low and provide great opportunities for interconnection within Iraq."
He added that "in this direction, the Ministry of Communications in the initial steps in the establishment of the local network, but lack the installation of servers for the establishment of the Iraqi clod, which will be hosting applications that the citizen without the need of the international Internet and this is the second part, Ph.D.

The Minister pointed out that "the achievement of this priority requires the application of the Electronic Crimes Law and the prosecution of the abusers of the security and life of Iraqis," stressing that "I was a member of one of the committees that initiated the laws of electronic crimes and that what was initiated for cybercrime is only electronic signature issued in 2012 and activated 2018 and a decision in the Iraqi Council of Representatives "

Al-Rubaie confirmed that "there are four new laws passed in the Secretariat during my stay as members of the Commission on the issuance of laws and electronic crime legislation, which will emerge four new laws discussed in the Secretariat and is expected in the coming weeks to the Iraqi parliament for approval.

He added: "There will be penal provisions against those who tamper with the lives and privacy of people and the security of citizens and abuses in social networking sites or the theft and thinking of information and profiles of users," adding: "We completed the law shortly before and once submitted to parliament and vote on it with the completion of the subject of electronic gates, Iraqi security to ensure its security and electronic prosecution of those who harm the security and lives of users.

Article Credit: https://www.alsumaria.tv/mobile/
Special Thanks to Carol Williamson!!