Abadi for a second term: I will fight

The Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, on Saturday, that the next four years will witness a dramatic transformation of Iraq, if formed the appropriate government, which he said he is willing to cooperate with the various political blocs to form, and revealed his vision for the future in the case His second term.
“On May 12, more than 10 million Iraqi citizens voted freely in the fourth parliamentary election since 2003, which is rare in the Middle East and a source of pride for Iraqis,” Abbadi said in an article in The Washington Post.

“Although voter turnout was less than expected, voters voted for cross-sectarian lists, rather than the ethnic or sectarian groups that dominated the previous elections,” he said. “I myself participated in all 18 provinces, and our coalition won seats in 14 of them , Which no other list has been able to achieve. Despite violations by the IHEC, I appeal to all parties to respect the final results and to address any complaints through due process. ”

“My government will do everything in its power to ensure that the transition to the next government takes place in a stable and transparent manner, so as to provide the basis for a strong and democratic system based on the rule of law,” Abbadi said. “He called for dialogue with other coalitions to form a government based on an agenda Based on the successful policies of the current government, economic prosperity, maintaining our non-partisan diplomatic stance towards other countries, building on mutual interests, protecting our security gains and ensuring that terrorist groups do not return. ”

“I will never think of working with those whose hands have been stained with corruption or those who are known to be sectarian,” he said. “The candidates for the portfolios must be the technocrats, and the new government should represent the people as transient ethnic, sectarian and sectarian.”

He pointed out that “there are three fears in Iraq, which are alarming citizens: Fighting corruption, providing jobs and improving the delivery of services, which are the same priorities that I commit to, which requires a steady hand, an enlightened perspective and patience to continue the role. “Over the past four years – while liberating our country from terrorism, helping internally displaced people to return to their homes and delivering security to its best level since 2003 – has led my Government through hard work and necessary to achieve these goals, despite the low prices The oil that has led to austerity measures to get out of the financial crisis and we are now in the best position of the nation; our security forces have defeated the enemies who threatened us, and we are ready to rebuild our country and our economy. ”

“I stated in October last year that our nation will remain united and has stayed, has pledged to hold elections in every part of the country on time and has done, and our people have promised that we will liberate our land from terrorism. A huge transformation of Iraq, if formed the appropriate government. ”

Abadi said it was “reforming the economy, fighting corruption, providing jobs for millions of young people who make up the majority of our population, continuing to improve public services, ensuring human rights follow-up, empowering women effectively and achieving justice for all. Other, I will fight for these goals every day as I lead the country. ”
“The international community has been supportive of Iraq for the last four years, and we look forward now to expanding this partnership to achieve the best for all, by focusing on economic ties and sustainable development; Iraq’s economy is hungry for growth. The recent investment conference in Kuwait showed that tens of billions of dollars of investments Foreign companies are ready for privatization for public and private sector companies. ”

“A stable Iraq and a path of progress is good for the entire Middle East, and it will also have positive economic effects in other countries – including the United States – by maintaining regional security, creating jobs, promoting manufacturing, Export; Iraq no longer needs help, it is ready to work with other countries for the mutual benefit of our economies. ”
“I will commit myself to keeping Iraq on the path of the current recovery. I will work to build a better future. I promise to protect the people of Iraq by avoiding regional conflicts, refusing to interfere in our internal affairs and respecting the sovereignty of other nations.”

He pointed out that “Iraq is free today, and its people can choose its leaders and criticize them without fear of repercussions. Now a whole generation of legislators and politicians has been replaced by new personalities. Our alliance is proud to have been at the forefront of this change. We are now ready to work with other parties that also won the representation of the people “A stable and prosperous Iraq can play a major role in making the region and the world a better place. This effort must be supported by regional and international partners, who we hope will support our reform agenda for a new and prosperous Iraq.”

Article Credit: https://www.alliraqnews.com/
Special Thanks to Charles Bright!!