Trump called an Iraqi delegation visiting him ‘thieves’, report

Thread: Trump called an Iraqi delegation visiting him ‘thieves’, report

WASHINGTON, United States – The US President Donald Trump has reportedly called an Iraqi delegation visiting him in the Oval Office last year “thieves,” according to a report by Washington Post published earlier this week.

Following a meeting with an Iraqi delegation last year, a former US official told the newspaper, Trump jokingly referred to them as “the most accomplished group of thieves he’d ever met.”

Last year in March, Trump received an Iraqi delegation headed by the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi who also included Fuad Hussein, the chief of staff to the then Kurdish President Masoud Barzani.

The US has led a global coalition against the ISIS group in Iraq and Syria since 2014 that helped the country to regain the territories lost to the extremist group such as Mosul, Iraq’s second-largest city.

Iraqi and Kurdish officials including PM Abadi said then that they were satisfied that the US promised to continue their support under Trump to Iraq including in the war against the ISIS group.

A joint readout of the meeting in particular hailed “unprecedented cooperation” between the two countries.

No Iraqi or Kurdish official commented on the alleged Trump accusation as of yet.

Article Credit: Rudaw.net

Re: Trump called an Iraqi delegation visiting him ‘thieves’, report

BGG ~ Here's my take on this article...

This came out in a different version a few days ago. It quoted "...a former White House Official..." - like, who - last term, this term, from the beginning - what?!? I am dubious. I have a suspicion this is "planted" and spread to hurt both our current US Admin and the current Iraq administration. Think about it - who does this "info" benefit?? This is good for neither of the two main characters in the meeting. No current officials have commented on it. This speaks volumes.

Both characters stand to threaten the corrupt.