Visit of the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq Branch Basra

Thread: Visit of the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq Branch Basra

In his visit to the branch of Basra: Governor of the Central Bank confirms the continued support of the banking sector in all of Iraq

The Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Mr. Ali Mohsen Ismail visited with a delegation of advanced leaders in this bank branch of the Central Bank in the province of Basra, and the delegation was keen to meet the staff of the branch and discuss the most important organizational matters in the work of the branch.

The Governor praised the work of the branch staff, stressing that the Iraqi Central Bank support the banking sector working in Iraq.

https://cbi.iq/news/view/568

Re: Visit of the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq Branch Basra

BGG ~ I am a little curious as to what the bill is that is pictured in this last shot? I have looked around some and can't seem to come up with an ID on it.

Re: Visit of the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq Branch Basra

One "guru" suggested that the intent of Alak in posting the last photo was to say that the CBI wanted to restore the IQD exchange rate back to what it was when that old 1 dinar note was in circulation, the rate being $4.89. He added that there were other notes displayed from that era. I am not sure if it was 1947 or 1955. Also, I read that the rate of exchange for that old 1 dinar note was $2.02.

Is it possible that that was Alak's intent for the above display? I haven't found anything in print explaining the intent of displaying that photo, and every intel provider and guru seems to have their own opinion about it as well as all other RV issues and few agree amongst themselves, which leaves those of us who are NOT gurus confused, now knowing whose word if any to take as fact.