Iraq's exit from Chapter VII depends on the settlement of the debts of Kuwait

Thread: Iraq's exit from Chapter VII depends on the settlement of the debts of Kuwait

BAGHDAD / The Foreign Ministry confirmed on Sunday that one file remains for Iraq and comes out of the provisions of Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, pointing out that it is related to debt towards the State of Kuwait of 4.8 billion dollars, while revealed the deliberations between the two countries to make the file bilaterally and away from International character.

"Iraq has remained under the provisions of Chapter VII of the UN Charter on international obligations as a result of the threat of peace and security during the invasion of the former regime of Kuwait in 1990," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ahmad Mahjoub said in a statement.

He added that "many decisions were taken away by Iraq because of the invasion, and the Foreign Ministry has sought since 2003 to get rid of them and resolve."

He pointed out that "Iraq's funds made under international tutelage, and the positive results of the diplomatic move emerged between 2007 and 2010, but remains before us a fundamental and very important issue is the settlement of the file of oil for food and medicine."

Mahjoub pointed out that "the diplomatic efforts resulted last week in the final disposal of this file and the end of the page, the issuance of resolutions (23/90) and (23/35)."

The spokesman for the Foreign Ministry that "the amount of $ 150 million obtained by Iraq as the benefits of the oil for food and medicine and the application of these resolutions."

He said that "the final exit from the provisions of Chapter VII is left only one file is the debt owed by Iraq towards the State of Kuwait of 4.7 billion dollars."

"Mahjoub stressed that" there are discussions with the Kuwaiti side to make the file bilaterally between the two countries so that Iraq returns full international and political reward and plays its role as an important player in the international community. "

He explained that "Iraq is no longer among the countries that pose a threat to international peace and abide by the resolutions of international legitimacy and implemented in good faith, after the exit from Chapter VII."

He noted Mahjoub to "the disposal of international care, and the release of the amounts reserved - if any - of Iraq's assets in international banks."

Mahjoub concluded that "the completion of the liberation from isolation means opening thedoor for development and investment without the need for an international mediator at all levels, and the decommissioning of strict international control of goods and goods entering Iraq."

alghadpress.com

Re: Iraq's exit from Chapter VII depends on the settlement of the debts of Kuwait

BGG ~ I did say this folks - I said it, I said it, I said it!! Then "some people" tried to imply I didn't know what I was talking about.

Looks like I was right the first time around. Oops.