Annual Economic Award

Dr.. In the name of Brahimi in a new initiative and may be the first of its kind in Iraq The Iraqi Central Bank announced last week the launch of an annual economic award specialized in monetary and banking and related policies.

This award comes as part of the support and motivation of the research side because it is important in charting the paths of the economic future, whose researchers represent the
main pillar .

This initiative came a few days after an important initiative and in the same direction, namely the announcement by the Central Bank of the establishment of an annual economic conference to be held at the end of this year, which represents the third conference of the bank after two conferences held in the UAE and the second in Lebanon in previous years. The first in its annual and the first in Baghdad and without any participation with other parties .

The importance of these initiatives comes from the fact that knowledge has become the most important comparative advantage among other factors that underpin trade and production and therefore the most prominent determinants of competition, in a changing world faster than many thought.

This confirms that the added scientific value will have the final word in all spheres of life in the coming years, and if we want to have our presence on the global economic map, the depleted resource (oil) will not be the way, but we have to rely on a sustainable resource (knowledge) .

I have seen many reactions and positive impressions from professors and researchers who have shown great interest in these initiatives and the desire to participate in at least one of them.
Some of my friends have revealed to me that I am sorry to be unable to participate because they specialize in monetary and banking aspects only.

In my turn, I think that the Central has done well in allocating the award and the conference in specific areas for two reasons. The first concerns his desire to benefit from specialized research in his field of work and the second has allowed other parties to announce similar initiatives .

In this context, I would like to call on the ministries of finance, planning, trade, industry and agriculture as well as civil society organizations and economic universities to declare similar prizes in their fields of specialization, and not necessarily that the prize material, moral value is also important, and the question of who is the ministry or who will take the initiative
first?

https://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=143487