Problems and solutions in the forum of coexistence and reconciliation

Journal May 24, 2017

Baghdad - Journal News

At the conclusion of the Iraqi conference calling for reconciliation and peaceful coexistence, the "Iraqi Youth Optimistic" group put forward several recommendations to promote unity and tolerance, which came on a series of meetings of representatives with the various Iraqi provinces to include the national agenda at a time when the country faces many challenges including a confrontational confrontation in the areas controlled by psychological and physical waste As a result.

The Iraqi youth group, which includes 750 young men and women from different age groups, represents representatives from the governorates of Karbala, Diwaniyah, Basrah, Nasiriyah, Sulaymaniyah and finally Baghdad. They have undertaken scientific and service proposals to lift the situation in Iraq.

"Although I have participated in many conferences under the auspices of well-known organizations, all my hopes are hanging on this conference," said Aseel Salam, a 26-year-old dentist from the Baha'i community in Baghdad who works in Kut. We are at the end of a war with an oppressor, so we will not allow any harmful forces to destroy us again. "

"We need our government to see the capabilities of young people so that we can change the regime in Iraq," she said.

The meetings, which began in late January 2017 and concluded on 20 May at a comprehensive national conference, called for unity and called for an end to the influence of religion on political life and the fight against sectarian tensions. There was also broad consensus on key issues. While there were also differences when it came to sectarian and geographical affiliations.

Ahmed al-Mayahi, a 26-year-old filmmaker from downtown Babylon, acknowledges the difficulties faced by Iraqi youth: "160 participants with 160 ideas." But the sweet was simple: "My message to young people is 'If you change from within, you will be able to change others'.

Asreen Gamal, a 28-year-old university student from Sulaymaniyah, who had the following views to enrich the debate, should not be a cause for concern: "I find the meeting interesting because in Sulaymaniyah you find one pattern of people unlike Erbil and Baghdad; Races and backgrounds. Diversity is a positive thing because ideas and opinions are different. "

Because of diversity in the country, activist Randy Gharabi, 33, from Diwaniyah, has suggested teaching different religions in schools to prevent minority exclusion by some parties, asserting that the media have a unified role in the battle to defeat terrorists. She hoped that the recommendations would be useful in uniting the young generation and assisting in the political process.

The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), which organized the forum in cooperation with the Iraqi Hope Organization, pledged that a delegation from the conference would forward the final recommendations to Prime Minister Haider al-Abbadi, hoping to include them in the resolutions supporting national reconciliation efforts.

"There are political issues in the country that have a negative impact on our young generation and if we can invest in the energy generated by our youth, it will make them far from trouble," said Riham Laith Najm, a master's student.

She noted that she and her husband came from different communities but raised their children in an environment free of sectarian views.

Link