From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is an Iraqi politician and acting Minister of Defense of Iraq.
Saadoun al-Dulaimi was born in the province of Al-Anbar in the year of 1954. An independent politician, who does not belong to any party. Married with five children. He holds a master's degree in sociology from the University of Baghdad in 1979, and a Ph.D in social psychology from the United Kingdom in 1990.
Before the fall of Saddam's regime:
- He Joined the Iraqi opposition against the rule of Saddam Hussein after the invasion of Kuwait; and was sentenced to death in absentia, for his participation in a coup attempt.
- He participated in the opposition conferences abroad and was selected in the Coordination Committee and follow-up conference in London in 2002.
The new Iraq:
- After obtaining the master's degree, he Worked as a teacher at University of Baghdad, then he was sent to London to complete doctoral degree in 1986. In addition, he Worked as a lecturer in British universities, and in many Arab universities, including Saudi Arabia and Jordan. He Was also selected as a key member of scientific and academic associations, and conducted many researches in Arabic and English languages.
- Dr. Saadoun returned to Iraq in 2003 and established "Iraq Center for Research and Strategic Studies - ICRSS", which is an independent, Scientific, non-governmental, non-aligned research institution. The center had many successful researches and opinion polls.
- The minister of defense in the government of Ibrahim al-Jaafari, from 01/06/2005 to 06/03/2006.
- Advisor to the Council of Ministers in the government of Nouri al-Maliki from 6/15/2006 to the end of the Government on 20-5-2010
- In the parliamentary elections held on 7 March 2010, Dr. Saadoun won on behalf of the Unity Alliance of Iraq in Al Anbar province.
- The Minister of Culture in the recent government of Nouri al-Maliki, which he sworn on December 21, 2010
- Appointed as the acting Minister of Defense on 17 August 2011.
Saadoun al-Dulaimi at The Pentagon in 2012 Incumbent Assumed office
17 August 2011
"Truth is everlasting, but our ideas about truth are changeable. Only a little of the first fruits of wisdom, only a few fragments of the boundless heights and depths of truth, have I been able to gather"