I hope everyone has had a blessed day

ABNewsflash says to MadDScout(6:31 PM):
Hello MadDScout

MadDScout says to ABNewsflash(6:31 PM):
Hey my friend
MadDScout says to ABNewsflash(6:31 PM):
We are going to get started here

ABNewsflash says to MadDScout(6:32 PM):
Lots to discuss and lots of good news coming from Abadi and President Trump from these last couple days

MadDScout says(6:32 PM):
We are light 1Bobby and Suprkat tonight so hoping all goes well tonight

ABNewsflash says(6:33 PM):
In our thoughts You 2

JETSET says(6:33 PM):
Lord, as we draw another day closer to our blessing, help us to humble ourselves before you and be yielded to you. May we seek your will in all we do and say. We pray that you will protect the citizens of Iraq from the evil of ISIS. Protect our troops as well as the Iraqi army as they fight for freedom. May all we do and say bring honor and glory to your name. In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AMEN.
ABNewsflash says(6:34 PM):
Amen'
Baxter1243 says(6:34 PM):
Amen...
larrykn says(6:34 PM):
Amen
john09 says(6:34 PM):
Amen
subgirl says(6:34 PM):
AMEN
dale says(6:34 PM):
Amen
magnetlady says(6:34 PM):
amen
jackflash101st says(6:34 PM):
+AMEN+
SRW says(6:34 PM):
Amen
hunter59 says(6:34 PM):
AMEN
MadDScout says(6:34 PM):
Amen
AAADR says(6:34 PM):
AMEN!
Dkwsly says(6:34 PM):
Amen!!!
patti says(6:34 PM):
Amen
scottiegirl says to MadDScout(6:34 PM):
Amen!
Okie Dinar says(6:34 PM):
Amen
MadDScout says to scottiegirl(6:35 PM):
We have Marie tonight with us on copy...could you give us the rules Marie?

sassy says(6:35 PM):
Amen

scottiegirl says(6:35 PM):
PLEASE BE NICE TO OUR COPIERS AND MODS DURING NEWSTIME AND PLEASE WORK WITH US TO KEEP OUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS IN AN AREA OF WHEN WE ASK FOR QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS. ITS REALLY TOUGH ON THE COPIERS WHEN IT IS SCATTERED AND ALSO REQUIRES MORE TIME TO COLOR AND PRODUCE. IT IS ALSO HARD FOR OTHERS TO READ AT A LATER DATE. SO AGAIN PLEASE BE NICE TO THEM AND LETS KEEP THE COPY IN ORDER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING! If YOU HAVE A QUESTION - USE A ??
MadDScout says to scottiegirl(6:35 PM):
Thank you much

scottiegirl says to MadDScout(6:36 PM):
You're welcome
MadDScout says(6:36 PM):
Thanks all and welcome to Newstime for Thursday 23 March
MadDScout says(6:37 PM):
I want to start with a good report tonight that I hope y'all think is a good one.
MadDScout says(6:38 PM):
I want to also say, if I am wrong in my read I will gladly take the heat
MadDScout says(6:38 PM):
Also
MadDScout says(6:39 PM):
This is in response to multiple people having asked like questions and this is directed at no one specific and everyone in particular
Mahdi al-Alaq stresses that the government is moving towards a free economy by activating a sound investment environment

23/03/2017 09:20 | Number of readings: 153

Trend Press / Baghdad

Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers Mahdi Al-Alaq that the Iraqi government is heading towards the free economy through the activation of a sound investment environment.

(( "Sound investment environment" ))
"Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers Mahdi Al-Alak met with a delegation from the World Bank headed by Mohammed Hassan Abdul Qader, Chairman of the Bank's Business Environment Improvement Group in Iraq," the statement said.

He added, "During the meeting, a series of axes related to the Iraqi economy and its investment environment and the position of Iraq, compared to the global indicators of economy and business."

(( Here "axes" is being used to describe a disparity or gap in Iraqs investment environment, as compared with global indicators of economy and business. i.e. they don't have a track record of indicators that are usually part of any savy investors list of criteria.
MadDScout says(6:40 PM):
Such as "What does their 5 year performance look like?" What is there profit to loss ratio right now? Do I see potential?

Some of these criteria are slow in reflecting accurately, some are nonexistant, some with no reference point. There is going to have to be an amount of "seeing the big picture" on the part of some in the International community also until their reckoning ability, their ability to account up to the moment, meets or exceeds the growth. (last part is IMO)
MadDScout says(6:40 PM):
People ask "how can they get anybody to invest with such a low rate for the Dinar?"

Because the foreign investor is not getting paid at a "rate" but so much return, for so much investment. The investor is paid in his home countrys currency, albeit as a dinar conversion, he is still taking his money home. The lack of a rate, face value compared to a program rate, will eventually hurt Iraq not the investor, unless Iraq runs out of Dinar.
MadDScout says(6:41 PM):
The investor expecting back $500 US from an investment in Iraq, is not going to have an opinion about how many dinar that is, he gets $500.
It is for Iraq to support in whatever way they are able. This is the job of CBI.

It is only us who hold the currency who think this can't work.

To people who say that they first have to have a new rate before investment will come, have not paid attention. There is plenty of investment going on with Basra being a major player.

MadDScout says(6:42 PM):
I ask you, has their rate changed? Has that effected investment? I mean what do we say about those invested already and moving to invest? That you are supposed to hold out for a better "rate"?
That they are "doing it wrong" or "thats not how I would invest"?

As was pointed out in the report, some of the business indicators that most of the world uses to make these decisions, are at best slow. Some not there, like a 5 year average

I have yet to see a report where the presumed company or entity being discussed, in an investment framework, ever once mentioned, "were gonna wait for that rate to get jest a lil' bit better than we're all in."

MadDScout says(6:43 PM):
No indeed, not everyone is going to need a track record for what is classified "an emerging economy". By nature they don't have one, they are "emerging".

It sort of leaves Iraq in a catch 22 if they have to change the rate first, but have no trade or investment to speak of that is the support of the rate. Or have a track record before investment can take place, where no track record exists.

All I gotta say is if I am wrong, I will apologize, but somebody better go tell those people over there investing, they are doing it wrong. Didn't anybody tell you that you had to hold out for a higher "rate?"

moving on...................

MadDScout says(6:44 PM):
"There is a gap between the improvement and the progress that is taking place in the economic and investment ground in Iraq and the mechanisms of collecting the information that feeds these indicators and therefore does not accurately reflect the national and international efforts exerted in this field," Al-Aalak said.

(( He points out here that improvement in some cases, moves faster than Iraq's ability to accurately reflect that progress. Those indicators watched by an investor from his resource of choice, may already be OBE(overtaken by events).
MadDScout says(6:45 PM):
I would think that this also is an indicator of the fact that some areas of the countrys are moving faster than other areas. Buildings and new business, along with the ecommerce upswing, has taken all Iraq could do with it's old communication system and logistics mechanisms to keep up. The growth is outstripping Iraqs ability to account for it by old means. This is why we recently saw communication satellite being put into orbit by Iraq. The 2nd one I am aware of.))
MadDScout says(6:45 PM):
He explained that "the Iraqi government is moving towards the free economy and the revitalization of the private sector and accompanied by this direction of legal and procedural amendments."

MadDScout says(6:46 PM):
(( This points to some of the amendments we brought last Thursday to newstime, when answering the question as to laws or amendments awaiting passage.

He added that "the Secretariat will spare no effort to support the rise of Iraq higher indicators according to World Bank standards."

(( Here is saying, Iraq is highly motivated toward adherence to World Bank standards. ))

For his part, Abdul Qadir presented "the current programs implemented by the World Bank in Iraq as a program to improve the work environment and the accompanying operations of the registration of companies and obtaining licenses and conclude contracts with higher efficiency in accordance with international standards, referring to" the need to open to the provinces and the development of investment strategies such as Basr

(( Here Qadir describes the World Bank initiative, as a program to improve working environment and conditions, and the licensing and registration of companies, should be done in a prfessional manner in accordance with international standards.
MadDScout says(6:47 PM):
Back a couple weeks ago they were warning people(those seeking licensing) to follow through on this paperwork. They warned that, to leave the process unfinished(no signature), would leave room for those with less than pure motives, to commit fraud. A warning to licensee's, about employees of the bank. So the warning was to "follow through all the way to the signature." ))

MadDScout says(6:47 PM):
https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...a-free-economy
JETSET says(6:48 PM):
***** ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS (?) OR COMMENTS (!) *****
MadDScout says(6:49 PM):
Andrew has the next report
magnetlady says(6:50 PM):
!
JETSET says to magnetlady(6:50 PM):
GO!
I truly think that all of this is so fascinating and wonderful news.
Thank you Pat
JETSET says to magnetlady(6:50 PM):
and exciting to boot!
MadDScout says to magnetlady(6:50 PM):
You're most welcome Mags
ABNewsflash says(6:51 PM):
Abul-Gheit: Iraqi leaders want to stay away from quotas and Iraq is an Arab injustice

March 23, 2017
Al - Abba channel - Baghdad
MadDScout says to JETSET(6:51 PM):
Indeed!
ABNewsflash says(6:51 PM):
The Secretary-General of the League of Arab States Ahmed Aboul Gheit, the desire of Iraqi leaders to bring a "breakthrough" in the internal situation, pointing out that this will be through the agreement on restructuring the political system and away from quotas and the formation of political blocs involving everyone.

Abul-Gheit said in an interview with an Arab newspaper, which was seen by Al-Abba, "I have already found a great effort for the success of the battle in Mosul. They seem to be achieving this success." Arab states because they did not help him, and yet will always be sister countries, not only in the battle for the liberation of Mosul, but in the absorption of displaced Iraqis throughout Iraq.

ABNewsflash says(6:52 PM):
Aboul Gheit added, "I have noticed a definite desire by all Iraqi leaders to bring about a breakthrough in the internal situation by agreeing to restructure the political system and move away from quotas and form political blocs that are all inclusive and compete in the elections. Sadr or the Supreme Council of the Year, put forward ideas and specific formulations and memos to agree on reconciliation after the liberation of Mosul, and focus much on the start of Iraq in the process of reconstruction and political reconciliation once the security situation stabilized.

Abul-Gheit held an official visit to Iraq last week, during which he met a number of officials, including Presidents Fuad Masum, ministers Haider al-Abadi and parliamentarian Salim al-Jubouri.

https://www.alebaatv.com/archives/103979

ABNewsflash says(6:53 PM):
A desire of the Iraqi Leaders to bring a "breakthrough" in the internal situation in Iraq. Sounds like to me most of the Iraqi leaders are trying to resolve their differences and move forward! This is good for Social stability..

MadDScout says(6:54 PM):
Very nice more work toward the "Reconciliation Project"
ABNewsflash says(6:54 PM):
Yes..
MadDScout says(6:54 PM):
They have made some great strides on this project
Pablo says(6:55 PM):

MadDScout says(6:55 PM):
it is not perfect nor is everyone totally on board but the differences are becoming fewer
JETSET says(6:57 PM):
***** ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS (?) OR COMMENTS (!) *****
JETSET says(6:57 PM):
IF NOT, HERE WE GO!
ABNewsflash says(6:58 PM):
This next article I would like to share from Kathy from Facebook.
ABNewsflash says(6:58 PM):
Muqtada al-Sadr: Sectarian militias have no place in Iraq

March 22 2017 09:12 PM

Head of Sadrist Movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, said he wants all militias, including his own, to be disbanded.

ABNewsflash says(6:59 PM):
In an interview with the Middle East Eye on Wednesday, he added that he favours urgent dialogue with Iraq's Sunni politicians so as to prevent clashes between Sunni and Shia, as well as Arabs and Kurds, once the country no longer has an enemy to unite against.

"I'm afraid that the defeat of Daesh [ISIS] is only the start of a new phase. My proposal is inspired by fear of sectarian and ethnic conflict after Mosul's liberation," he said.

MadDScout says(6:59 PM):
That could not have been easy for him to make that decision
MadDScout says(7:00 PM):
He was proud of the Mahdi Army
ABNewsflash says(7:01 PM):
"I want to avoid this. I am very proud of Iraq's diversity but my fear is that we may see a genocide of some ethnic or sectarian groups."

"It's difficult. Saraya al-Salam will be disbanded. But there's a law that has been made for Hashd al-Shaabi (IMIS) so I can see that Iraq will be under the control of militia groups," he said.

ABNewsflash says(7:02 PM):
"Accordingly we need a strong attitude from the government [to resist this]. Security should be exclusively under the Iraqi army."

He favours the disbanding of the IMIS but is not against individual members transferring to the army.

With ISIS on the run, some IMIS leaders advocate Iraq forces going into Syria to finish them off in their capital, Raqqa. There is even talk of sending Shia militias to Yemen to help the Houthis resist Saudi forces.

ABNewsflash says(7:02 PM):
Sadr opposes this, as well as a recent decision by Iraq to use its US-trained airforce against ISIS targets in Syria.

"Conflict in Syria may increase," he said. "We can see this from Abadi's decision to conduct air strikes in Syria. Many IMIS leaders have talked of wanting to intervene in Syria and Yemen.

"I'm afraid conflicts may spill over into Iraq from neighbouring countries. My view is that we should not intervene in others' affairs just as others should not intervene in ours. We want to save our blood. Enough has been wasted already."

ABNewsflash says(7:03 PM):
https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8501/Muqtada-al-Sadr-Sectarian-militias-have-no-place-in-Iraq

MadDScout says(7:03 PM):
Very good move by Sadr
ABNewsflash says(7:03 PM):
Lead by example,I enjoy hearing this coming from the mouth of this man,He will definately play a big role in helping with Stability once ISIS is By-By..
MadDScout says(7:03 PM):
It is a statement by itself
MadDScout says(7:04 PM):
any??'s
Pablo says(7:04 PM):
?
ABNewsflash says(7:04 PM):
You could say he is helping with "our cause"
JETSET says(7:04 PM):
Pablo GO
Pablo says(7:04 PM):
Any updated info on how much of Mosul is left?
MadDScout says to Pablo(7:05 PM):
They are using snipers which is hampering some forward movement not to mention harrising the civilians fleeing
MadDScout says to Pablo(7:06 PM):
They being IS
Pablo says(7:06 PM):
So I've read.
MadDScout says to Pablo(7:06 PM):
Today the number was 1000 IS that were in the region of the Mosque
JETSET says to Pablo(7:07 PM):
Any more questions?
Pablo says(7:07 PM):
Yes.
JETSET says to Pablo(7:07 PM):
GO
Pablo says(7:07 PM):
In regard to the earlier article....
Pablo says(7:08 PM):
Am I understanding that they may hold off the RV till they get more investments to support a higher rate?
MadDScout says to Pablo(7:08 PM):
We can not know that from what we see
Pablo says(7:09 PM):
Okay.
MadDScout says(7:10 PM):
You are asking will this hold it up?
MadDScout says(7:10 PM):
RV
MadDScout says(7:11 PM):
I say no but again we can only go by what we know
MadDScout says to Pablo(7:11 PM):
Did this help?
Pablo says(7:11 PM):
Yep.
Pablo says(7:11 PM):
I'm done.
MadDScout says to Pablo(7:11 PM):
(y)
MadDScout says(7:12 PM):
This one is from Romello
Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced the shift towards e-government this year Economy News / Baghdad ...

Last updated 23/03/2017 - 6:02
The General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, Wednesday, for the implementation of e-government to embrace the current year as indicated to the Commission that the e-Governance project is one of the sovereign projects

The secretary general of the Council Mahdi Keywords in a press conference attended by "Economy News" on the sidelines of the meeting held by the Committee on e-Governance The Secretariat will start the implementation of the shift towards e-government whether between departments or key ministries to communicate them electronically hoping to achieve 80 % of these steps during the current year

(( So the stated goal is to have an 80% completion on the project that allows for realtime communication between ministeries during the current year ))

MadDScout says(7:13 PM):
He added Keywords that "e-governance committee held a meeting today to study the latest of the creation of infrastructure for the gradual shift towards e-government

For his part, he said committee member Amir al-Bayati said, the project is one of the sovereign projects and infrastructure in the Ministry of Communications pointing out that* *the ministry began linking the sites of ministries* *General Secretariat as a first stage as will link ministries and formations centers in Baghdad and the provinces as a second stage

(( So they state that the work has begun, and the first stage is to get General Secretariat linked with the ministeries
He said al-Bayati said The project needs to educate employees and citizens because it provides service to the citizen and will turn deal with the government through this project through special state portals

MadDScout says(7:14 PM):
https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthread.php?47675-Secretariat-of-the-Council-of-Ministers-announced-the-shift-towards-e-government-thi

JETSET says(7:14 PM):
**** ANY QUESTIONS (?) OR COMMENTS (!) ****
MadDScout says(7:15 PM):
One from Loop
beachandcountry says(7:15 PM):
?
MadDScout says(7:15 PM):
Central Bank: 10 ministries submitted a request to transfer their employees' salaries to the system "Ironing Card"

one hour ago Last updated 07:07 PM

BAGHDAD / tomorrow Press:
CBI revealed, on Thursday, for the application of the 10 ministries to "localize" their employees ' salaries, stressing that he was chosen specific banks to participate in this project.

The director of the Department of payments at the CBI sacrificed Abdul Karim for "tomorrow Press", " The Council of Ministers called for the settlement of employees ' salaries on the recommendation of the Central Bank , " indicating that " the resettlement of salaries project is intended to distribute salaries of state employees through electronic card."
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:15 PM):
Go
JETSET says to beachandcountry(7:15 PM):
GO
beachandcountry says(7:15 PM):
JUST GOT ON BUT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HCL FINALLY SIGNED
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:16 PM):
No they have a ways to go to get the full HCL
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:17 PM):
It entails many things they are not ready for yet
beachandcountry says(7:17 PM):
WITH HUGE PORT AND AIRPORT OPENING WHAT MORE FOR HCL?
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:17 PM):
But they do have an Oil and Gas Law
beachandcountry says(7:18 PM):
HCL= PROVENCES SHARING?
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:18 PM):
but the HCL involves most namely a census that they are not ready for yet
beachandcountry says(7:18 PM):
CITIZENS ALSO
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:18 PM):
this would help make a determination as to the management rights and the sharing properly of the revenue
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:19 PM):
HCL is more than sharing
It has many facets
some of which they are not yet ready for
They do have a working Oil and Gas Law that works as proxy
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:20 PM):
Does this help?
beachandcountry says(7:21 PM):
EVERYTHING DOES NOWA DAYS! I DO FEEL GREAT AS FOR AS HOPE BEFORE WE KICK THE BUCKET! :doh
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:21 PM):

MadDScout says(7:21 PM):
She added, " The localization of salaries of state employees have positive effects of the project , as it will reduce the financial losses of the ministries as well as maintaining the employees ' salaries from theft and loss not to mention speed up the distribution of salaries and not to delay and organization."

Abdul Karim confirmed that " the central bank chose a number of government and private banks for the project of resettlement , " indicating that " the selection process was in accordance with the standards set by the Central Bank for banks , " pointing out that " the bank did not distinguish between a government or my family bank in the project resettlement and leave it to the ministries in choose any bank finds appropriate for themselves the banks that have been identified and look at the privileges of each bank. "

MadDScout says(7:21 PM):
https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthread.php?47669-CBI-10-ministries-submitted-a-request-to-transfer-employees-salaries-to-quot-Iron-Card-quot

beachandcountry says(7:22 PM):
LOL DO FEEL GOOD AFTER 8 OR SO YEARS!
JETSET says(7:22 PM):
**** ANY QUESTIONS (?) OR COMMENTS (!) ****
kepha2000 says(7:22 PM):
?
JETSET says to kepha2000(7:22 PM):
GO
kepha2000 says(7:23 PM):
Thx....Did anything ever come of Shabibi and Abadi both coming out saying Mak-sneaky is the jerk responsible for Daesh taking over the country? Or were those statements never confirmed?
MadDScout says(7:23 PM):
Here we have 10 ministries applying to have all employees paid on the Qi card
JETSET says to kepha2000(7:23 PM):
seems like the accusations were made but the results have not been seen as of yet.
MadDScout says(7:23 PM):
this because of stated features will facilitate the easier logistics of getting everyone paid
kepha2000 says to JETSET(7:24 PM):
Figured it may be thus.....Strange how they were made...then....crickets.
MadDScout says to kepha2000(7:24 PM):
They will gain momentum
Hsimeon says(7:24 PM):
?
JETSET says to kepha2000(7:25 PM):
we don't know the master plan though... they could just be laying the ground work for something else in the future.
JETSET says to Hsimeon(7:25 PM):
GO
kepha2000 says to MadDScout(7:25 PM):
!....Hope so! He deserves EVERYTHING he gets....on the punishment side, of course! Thx gents!
Hsimeon says(7:26 PM):
So it's safe to assume that Iraq still has a way to go before RV?
MadDScout says to kepha2000(7:26 PM):
You're welcome
JETSET says to Hsimeon(7:26 PM):
no. we don't know what we don't know.
Pablo says(7:27 PM):
I knew it! s40
MadDScout says(7:27 PM):
i would not say that at this point we can assume anything like it since they have told us they are moving with haste
ABNewsflash says to Pablo(7:27 PM):
just listen to what they have told us lateley doesnt get ya excited ,I dont know what would?
MadDScout says(7:27 PM):
Mosul is very important to the stability aspect
Pablo says to ABNewsflash(7:28 PM):
My wife telling me we are going to Hawaii on the weekend would get me excited.
kepha2000 says to MadDScout(7:28 PM):
!
ABNewsflash says(7:28 PM):
that was meant for Hsimeon
MadDScout says to kepha2000(7:28 PM):
Go
kepha2000 says to MadDScout(7:29 PM):
It is one of the 2 pillars that Shabibi always said was needed....
kepha2000 says to MadDScout(7:29 PM):
...security, I mean....Mosul would be a great step..
MadDScout says to kepha2000(7:29 PM):
Yes I think it is more than just important to have it pacified
kepha2000 says to MadDScout(7:30 PM):
Agreed. Abadi does not appear to be a Chamberlain wanna-be...
MadDScout says to kepha2000(7:30 PM):
(y)
jxxl says(7:31 PM):
We need Action -- Talk is just that Talk, and Iraqi is Iraqi -- very slow to act -Action is what is needed
MadDScout says to jxxl(7:31 PM):
I like action
beachandcountry says(7:31 PM):
?
ABNewsflash says(7:31 PM):
action speaks louder than words
Pablo says(7:32 PM):
Just dump a ton of sleep gas on the city, then round them up when they are snoozing.....problem solved.
MadDScout says(7:32 PM):
Any more ??'s
MadDScout says(7:32 PM):
comments
JETSET says to beachandcountry(7:32 PM):
GO
beachandcountry says(7:33 PM):
well in case you havent noticed we r getting action over there and all w new administration troops they know they r dead meat if all do not get with it!
JETSET says to beachandcountry(7:34 PM):
exactly. abadi said as much yesterday!
beachandcountry says(7:34 PM):
all is best i have seen in years!
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:34 PM):
I have to agree
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:34 PM):
Lots of progress
MadDScout says to beachandcountry(7:35 PM):
anymore??'s
beachandcountry says(7:35 PM):
IF ALL ARENT FEELING GOOD TOU CANNOT SMELL WHAT THEY R COOKIN! s49