An Iraqi passenger slip through u.s. travel ban and learns "never surrender."

2017-02-06

Rode trip plane Fuad Sharif indirectly from Iraq to the United States earlier this week hours after Seattle judge ruled to suspend the ban imposed by President Donald Trump on immigrants from Muslim-majority seven countries including Iraq.

The Sheriff was working a subcontractor to the U.S. Agency for international development in Iraq and prevent him and his wife and three children from boarding a plane was on its way from Cairo to the United States last week after Trump signed an embargo prevents Iraq's citizens travel and Iran and Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen to the United States for 90 days.

Trump also imposed a ban on travel for 120 days.

Sharif said he and his family before he leaves the city of Erbil, capital of kerdst province of Iraq "Yes my life changed drastically. As you know there are ups and downs and learned a lesson is that if you're right, don't ever give up. "and quit the family of a Turkish Airlines plane en route to Istanbul and from there to New York.

Once the arrival of family members to the United States will go to the city of Nashville, Tennessee as immigrant and refugee rights Coalition intends to Tennessee welcome them at the airport.

The coalition said via his Facebook site "join us at Nashville International Airport to welcome Fouad Imran and his family in their new home in Nashville.

"He fought the people of Nashville to bring them here and now we can show them the best Southern hospitality."

Zeno and nail received a Syrian refugees worked for the International Organization for migration in Turkey also help Americans.

Zeno met again with his family in Boston on Saturday after the US State Department's relief thanks to the intervention of us lawmakers call them cousins.

Zeno's arrival was somewhat smooth but has been left out of the queue access and underwent "secondary screening" and underwent a large number of questions before us officer stamped his passport and deposit it.

Zeno said "he said ' go and start your life and enjoy your time with your son '. I couldn't believe it when I walked out of the airport. At that moment I realized that I'm not dreaming. "

On 27 January Zeno got a visa to join his wife and infant son born in the United States in Los Angeles but was prevented from travelling after Trump signed Executive order him on the same day, according to Zeno's wife's sister.

She said Katie Hayek, a student seeking a doctorate in Massachusetts and made an asylum request pending "pressed to obtain the support of many members of the Senate in the last few days."

Hayek followed bezino met at the airport "is a long story, but stressed the senators. They managed to obtaining an exemption from the Foreign Ministry. "

* Valid for travel

Trump said that the Executive order issued – which also prevents entry of refugees indefinitely – is needed to protect the United States from radical Islamists. But religious minorities which suffered persecution by the Islamic State and other Iraqis fleeing violence were among of the ban.

The United Nations said that the ban would have prevented altogether 20 thousand people living in precarious conditions in seven countries covered by the prohibition of moving to the United States during prohibition.

And judging by a federal judge in Seattle, Washington on Friday was the first step in a series of lawsuits against the Executive order may take months. It also opened a window for some travelers.

A Yemeni woman married to a us citizen recently and stepped on a plane from Cairo to Turkey on Sunday before travelling by plane to the United States "this is the first time that I try to travel to America. We booked to travel next week but we have decided to expedite travel after hearing the Court's decision ". The woman asked not to be named for fear that this would complicate the procedure of entering the United States.

In a statement issued Saturday and posted on the website of the US Embassy in Baghdad said Sunday it had resumed visa-issuing operations and dates of interviewing visa applicants will determine. The Embassy was refused visas by applying the Executive order issued by trump "currently valid for travel to the United States."

* Two years of waiting.

Sharif and his family spent two years to get visas to the United States.

Sharif told Reuters tv before climbing and his family on a plane to New York. "we are excited very much and are very happy. Finally our cards were accepted and allowed us to enter the United States. "

Sharif said that he apply for immigration to the United States under a program designed for immigration visas from the US Army they worked with urban destinations in Iraq. He added that Jim Cooper, a Tennessee helped us overcome obstacles in front of his family to try again.

Baghdad protested to the US embargo as unfair and said that Iraqis were not involved in any attacks on us territory.

But Baghdad refrained from taking retaliatory reaction for seeking to maintain us support for Iraqi forces fighting Islamic State in Mosul.

Late Saturday a us appeals court rejected a San Francisco-based us Government request to revoke an immediate decision by a judge in Seattle.

And Iraqi Government spokesman Saad Al-Hadithi told Reuters. "it's a step in the right direction for completion of the problems caused by this decision."

She said ministries of Foreign Affairs and Homeland Security said they expected to start many visitors on Sunday while the Government said it expects to begin allowing refugees afresh Monday.

He was scheduled to fly an Iraqi refugee living in Lebanon and named Rana shamshh (32 years) to the United States with her sister and mother in the first February to join relatives in Detroit but they cancelled their trip as a result of the travel ban.

Rana now awaiting news from the United Nations officials who oversee the situation. She told Reuters by phone from Beirut if they told me that there was a plane tomorrow morning, I'll go. If they told me that there was a plane in an hour, I'll go. "she didn't unpack" no longer have a home here and no job, no anything. "

Said Leonard Doyle, spokesman for the International Organization for migration said Sunday that about two thousand refugees were willing to travel to the United States. He said in an e-mail, "we expect the arrival of a small number of refugees to the United States Monday 6th of October and they are mainly from Jordan and include individuals fleeing war and persecution in Syria."

Beirut airport official said that three families left Syria on their way to the United States through Europe on Sunday morning.

Airline sources said 33 people from seven States on banning Trump allowed aboard planes bound for the United States since Saturday.

Link