Kubis of the Security Council: a few days Daesh settlement will open a new page in the history of Iraq

History of edits:: 2017/2/2 22:53

[Oan- Baghdad]
Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General Jan Kubis, the Daesh days in Iraq, he said, "are numbered" and praised the "initiative of the National Alliance, the national settlement."

He said Kubis to surround him to the UN Security Council on Thursday "The Security Council members of the delegates, I am honored to present the second report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 7 of resolution 2299 [2016] as well as the thirteenth report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 4 of resolution 2107 [2013] on the issue of missing Kuwaitis and other nationals and property. "

He added, "Let me start by paying tribute to the courage of the Iraqi security forces, including the popular crowd and the Peshmerga forces and volunteers of the sons of tribal forces, as well as the patience of the Iraqi people, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has announced on January 24 end of combat operations in the eastern part of Mosul, three months after at the start of the military operation there. "

He continued, "should not obscure this steady progress is the fact that the fighting has been and remains a major challenge, especially within the old city west of Mosul, and will remain the Iraqi forces, supported by a large international partners, particularly the Americans, will remain involved in the complex combat operations in urban areas, however, , in the near foreseeable future, editing operations will end in Iraq since the days of the so-called Bdaash are numbered. "

He said Kubis "I would like to take this opportunity to stand in tribute to the souls of the martyrs who sacrificed their lives while fighting terrorism, international Daesh for free and unified Iraq, and in defense of common human values ​​in the world, allies of the powerful United States and the international coalition's anti-Daesh."

He noted, "We have met with Executive Order Alagiralve issued by the US administration recently on stop immigration temporarily, in Iraq, regret and astonishment, at a press conference on January 31, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi described the decision as an abuse, and noted that the Iraqi government has options studied to answer, but Baghdad will not take measures to reciprocate. "

The UN official expressed hope for continued implementation of the strategic framework between Iraq and the United States agreement and stressed that the fight against terrorism a strategic objective for Iraq. And also he pointed to the common economic interests, and called on the US administration to reconsider its decision.

He added that "the Iraqi Foreign Ministry expressed its regret for the resolution against Iraq, which is an ally linked to a strategic partnership with the United States, the ministry urged the United States to reconsider its decision, and stressed Iraq's real desire to strengthen and develop the strategic partnership between the two countries and increase the prospects for cooperation in the fight against terrorism and economic field.

And went on, "in the post-Daesh, Iraq will need the support and help the continuous and large from Aldulin community, including partners Regional. Any reluctance of a sudden for participation and support will mean repeat past mistakes and will have serious consequences for the security and stability beyond the borders of Iraq and even at the level the world.

The continuing fighting serious humanitarian repercussions, where heavy casualties lies on the military and civilian levels.

And targeting the so-called organized Daesh deliberately civilians trying to escape from the control areas, and the shelling of civilians at random in the liberated areas, and used civilians as human shields, deliberately stationed inside the hospitals, schools and near.

It gives the human concept of operations and adopted by the Iraqi government and Iraqi security forces including the popular crowd forces, priority to the protection of civilians in a manner unprecedented in the planning of military operations and implementation, based on the lessons derived from the mistakes of previous edits. They eased away behavior of all forces during the liberation operations of many of the concerns that were in the population before the operation, but did not dissipated.

I would like to refer to Onalbosh not received any evidence of a widespread or systematic violations of international humanitarian law and human rights law by the security forces. However, it is still located, and in the unfortunate criminal acts against civilians and prisoners of war and are being investigated in the most rapidly with measures to prevent such acts in the future.

I would like in this Alhonon commend the rapid action taken by the Prime Minister issuing an order for an investigation after it was published video appeared online sites recently where he showed members of the Iraqi security forces and the forces operating in support of Iraqi security forces and they are ill-treatment of prisoners of fighters from Daesh and abuse.

The Iraqi government and the urge to deal with these issues required transparency for confidence in the souls broadcast that any violation carried punish perpetrators In this regard, I would like to refer to the alleged disappearances of hundreds of civilians in the context of the liberation of Fallujah operation in the month of June, especially in Saqlawiyah; it has been the formation of an investigative committee in this regard by the Prime Minister.

I urge the authorities to declare the results that will be reached by this committee, and the same applies to other investigations initiated in incidents of this kind.

I also note that the security verification procedures, which are subject to civilians in areas dominated by the Daesh appear to be conducted in a transparent manner and consistent in totality with international standards.

However, I wish to express concern about the disturbing reports about the theft and destruction of civilian property and looting of humanitarian assistance by armed groups operating in support of Iraqi security forces, especially by some local resistance groups.

It remains crucial to the Iraqi government, when the lieutenant is, to ensure that the establishment of security and work to restore the rule of law in all the liberated areas, with special attention to minorities, in cooperation with the KRG Peshmerga forces.

It is of the protection of civilians, and to avoid steps that raise sectarian tensions and prevent revenge attacks in Mosul and other liberated areas of the country, are extremely important in winning the hearts and minds of the population, because it constitutes the first steps in the national and community reconciliation process, and in the construction of a new and unified Iraq true unity feel it all people equal and fair treatment and protection of the state for them. Iraqi authorities and all the forces and urge participation in the processes of liberalization to continue the military campaign looming in the same spirit, respect and apply the basic principles of distinction and proportionality and take precautions to protect the civilian population and justice for the victims.

I refer to the adoption of the House of Representatives recently the Law Commission the popular crowd, which provides a framework for the leadership of the fighters and control them under the popular crowd forces. As well as the law guarantees the application of military systems and instructions to all armed elements in Iraq. The law will apply separates these forces is gradually outlaw militias and other armed groups.

Although the law was passed Balddinm the will of the Sunni component, the next steps included the adoption of 2017 budget, which over the year, lawmakers for their support, as well as the budget has allocated financial resources to the Sunni areas where there are the popular crowd forces. On December 30, 2016, he decided Mr. Haider al-Abadi Prime Minister included local fighters from the guards Nineveh in the popular crowd forces.

And also refer to the Iraqi central Ganaiyat Court issued judicial judgments against 47 accused employees of the popular crowd forces for crimes committed during the military operations as well as on general crimes.

I condemned the continuing terrorist cowardly attacks perpetrated by Daesh targeting civilians in many parts of the country, which have increased since the beginning of the new year, at New Year's Eve, two suicide bombers attacked civilians in the predominantly Shiite area of ​​Baghdad, killing at least 28 people. The next day, the attack resulted in at a police checkpoint in the province of Najaf, killing seven people.

On January 2, a car bomb exploded in a Shiite neighborhood of Sadr City, killing at least 24 people and wounding 60 others, said that attempts desperate to sow the seeds of terrorism and rhythm among the people has not increased security concerns among the citizens and the urgent need for the government to take more effective measures only to prevent terrorism, but it has increased the urgency to defeat Daesh too.

While it is possible to access more areas as a result of the progress made in military operations, I would like to emphasize the importance of adequate security arrangements, as well as administrative procedures clear and effective to achieve the peaceful integration and interaction among all population groups in the province of Nineveh, including the communities of ethnic minorities and religious.

The return of displaced persons to their homes is the real key to rebuilding social cohesion in Iraq, and is part of the national and community reconciliation and recovery process, as well as, the rehabilitation of infrastructure and provision of basic services and the opening of schools and jobs, it is of equal importance to restore confidence the Government of Iraq and local authorities, and in the rebuilding of Iraq's future which smooths the unit.

In line with the judge, the prime minister's decision based on the hardware of existing government and local police forces as much as possible, in addition to his pledge to mobilize and provide the necessary assistance from the Government of Iraq and its ministries concerned, I would like to welcome the return of members of the provincial council, the governor to the province of Nineveh, in the city of Bartila located east of Mosul; which it is a clear sign of the improved security situation in the region and will facilitate the return of those providing the services needed by the population urgently needed.

The United Nations has worked, through the financing of the United Nations Development Programme immediate stabilization fund, to advance to prepare for the amount of US $ 40 million to cover the costs of equipment and technicians to the sectors of energy, water and health, which are being sent to the east of Mosul, has been already approved the establishment of 25 separate project of projects to achieve stability in the liberated areas in the eastern side of Mosul.

There is another good news is that 70 schools have opened their doors again [after a break of close to two years in the liberated areas of Mosul and the rest of the liberated areas in the province, with the help of UNICEF and its partners in many cases.

The provision of education and school activities, and special services to children protection, to give to the children who have been deprived of it for a long time, a chance to start to recover and restore the natural lifestyle gradually. In addition to the children who are affected by this situation, the teachers also need long-term support to be able to assist in the rehabilitation of children and their recovery.

The world will not forget the heinous crimes committed by the organization Daesh. And we declare our solidarity with the women and girls abducted and at risk of attacks and violations of rights.

The justice for the victims of attacks and human rights violations requires the re-establishment of the formal justice system, and effective documentation and efficient to attacks and abuses, and the creation of informal justice mechanisms such as the disclosure of the truth mechanism, especially for the care and rehabilitation of women, and programs and to get rid of extremist ideas for children who undergo indoctrination ideas extreme, at the same time, there is a need to hold dialogues within and among communities about justice and human rights.

We should also pay more attention to the needs of ethnic and religious minorities, which have been affected disproportionately by the conflict.

Beginning in 2003, Iraq has more than half the population of members of ethnic and religious communities. I am afraid that unless adequate response is available, this process will continue even after the defeat al Daesh. Therefore, particular attention must develop arrangements that would address the matter of the specific security concerns and other minorities, which operates, in order to enable them to return to their homes.

Should that attention was focused almost exclusively on the Nineveh plain areas, and Tall Afar, Sinjar, where a poisoned environment ripple claims conflicting feelings and desire for revenge that will instill the seeds of future conflicts.

As noted before this Council earlier, there has been coordination and cooperation is unprecedented between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government during the military planning process and implementation of Mosul.

However, it is not enough to have only the cooperation in the field of military operations; I urge Baghdad and Erbil to take advantage of the positive momentum and build bridges of cooperation between them, to include as well as outstanding issues in the political, economic and administrative areas, including oil exports, and revenue sharing, and the border disputed and the voluntary return of displaced people to their homes in line with the principles of humanity and human rights principles.

And it will put the agreement in principle signed between the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and President Barzani to engage in such a dialogue, in place without delay.

As for the internal affairs of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, I welcome the joint statement issued by the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in the January 11, which committed themselves to the strengthening of the bonds of cooperation and promote economic reforms and tackle the financial and political crises in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.

It is necessary to further consultations with other political parties and civil society institutions in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, as the unity within the Kurdistan region can contribute to solving the major problems between Baghdad and Erbil, in redefining the foundations of cooperation between the central and provincial authorities at some stage after the new Daesh, and in pushing forward a draft national reconciliation in Iraq.

Over the past few months, I was involved in working with the Iraqi National Alliance, the largest parliamentary bloc, to discuss the way forward in Iraq after Daesh, The National Alliance has delivered his initiative for national settlement to the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq [UNAMI] on 30 October first, after being approved by the various institutions of the National Alliance, specifically his leadership, the political Council and the General Assembly, I welcome and support this encouraging step by the National Alliance.

The request from the mission to provide political good offices to help drum up support for this initiative, and the national settlement in general, through the provision of facilities, advice and support and assistance in promoting national reconciliation goals and striving to achieve them at the national, regional and international levels.

And the initiative of the National Alliance is a good start in the process, has already sparked a wave of interest in all the components and groups of Iraqi society, although they have been met with reactions and discussions varying tend to criticize sometimes.

Currently working mission with these groups, including the Sunni component and component of Turkmenistan, and the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and civil society organizations, minorities and tribal leaders, and youth and women, in order to survey their opinions and their vision on how to build Iraq after Daesh unified, based on the principles of equality and citizenship.

I would urge all Iraqi partners to participate constructively in this process of the national settlement, which reverted to Iraq and its leadership is facilitated by the United Nations, which could open a new page in the history of modern Iraq.

Allow me to emphasize the inevitability of the existence of initiatives by grassroots support national initiative in order to check the recent success. Therefore, I am pleased to announce to you that the mission has launched a series of events called "Iraq: Youth and coexistence." First it is organized in January 28 in Basra, where the participation of one hundred and twenty young men and women from the four provinces of the south.

In addition, we held a number of seminars in many parts of Iraq, including Arbil, Fallujah, Karbala, under the title of "post-conflict dialogue table", brought together intellectuals, academics, and members of civil society institutions. I am pleased to inform you that the next round table will be held tomorrow in Kirkuk.

The United Nations has made; specifically the United Nations Development Programme and further efforts on the restoration of stability and achieve national reconciliation, where he will have access to formal procedures and informal justice a matter of critical importance to the achievement of social peace and peaceful coexistence.

The mission is also involved in consultation with a group of actors, including civil society organizations, the existing bodies on law enforcement, the judiciary, and the Government of Iraq, on amendments to the formal justice and the law of criminal justice processes that promote respect for and protection of international standards for due process due and fair trial.

In this regard, while Iraq and the region passes through the security, political and humanitarian challenges different, I feel excited about the willingness of all regional parties to dialogue to support national reconciliation efforts and extend an invitation to them and to other international actors to provide any possible support to such a process.

I look forward to working with all partners to take a forward through full coordination with the Government of Iraq, in order to facilitate this process, and in order to remove any obstacles that may arise to exist.

What has been Iraqi citizens are calling for equal treatment and governance transparent and deliver services better, and it remains important that the Government of Iraq continue to move on the path of reforms, and to implement needed to diversify the economy and the fight against corruption and nepotism procedures, and improve the level of accountability, and the development of administrative systems more responsive.

In the light of what has already been, my chest was heartened by the announcement by the International Monetary Fund on January 19 that the Iraqi authorities have made good progress in implementing economic reforms under the "standby arrangement" for the International Monetary Fund. However, there is still much to be done to ensure the provision of services in an equitable manner to the people of Iraq.

I call on the political blocs in parliament, and civil society organizations, and other actors, to cooperate with the Prime Minister to speed up the reform program, and I am pleased to note that the House of Representatives has expressed during its meeting held on January 30 to support the candidates of the Prime Minister for the posts of defense minister and interior minister , as the rapid procedure to agree on the selection and appointment of ministers remaining vacant posts, including minister of commerce and industry, finance, it is necessary.

At the same time, and a commitment to the provisions of the decisions of the Organization of the oil-producing countries meeting (OPEC) held on November 30, the Iraqi authorities have begun the implementation of measures aimed at reducing oil production in line with the agreed production levels of crude oil on them. The aim of these measures to stabilize oil prices in order to maintain the stability of government revenues and provide a favorable environment for investments task.

Efforts have been made and progress has been made in strengthening the institutional framework for the protection of fundamental human rights. The United Nations will continue in Iraq to support the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights in Iraq in order to build more efficient and effective organization in implementing its mandate, as the choice of the new Council of Commissioners walking around well, and it is hoped to be completed by this procedure very close to [the end of February.

I welcome the introduction of a circle to enable Iraqi women in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, and the appointment of a high - level contact and sexual Fimaatalkabbanv linked to the conflict in Baghdad and Erbil, as stipulated in the recent Joint Statement between Iraq and the United Nations on the prevention of sexual violence related to the conflict and response.

The mission stands ready to work together with the new circuit and high - level contacts on a whole range of issues; it has a great mission to protect women advisers to support the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government to nominate in the implementation of the joint statement.

After the collapse of the so - called succession Daesh and brutal end to deal with women, changing social habits and negative end to harmful practices and promote respect for women and girls ' rights are more important than ever , efforts will be.

Democratic governance, transparency and respect for human rights requires an open society allows the full exercise of fundamental rights to freedom of assembly and association and freedom of expression. I call on the Iraqi authorities to refrain from setting any obstacles to public demonstrations in Baghdad and other parts of the country, and ensure the safety of the demonstrators.

I wish to express my deep concern about acts of violence committed against journalists, including kidnapping and murder. On December 26, Ms. Afrah Shawqi was hijacked, a journalist well known from her home by unidentified gunmen wearing military uniforms, and although it has been released them at a later date, the negative impact of these serious infringements on freedom of the press explains itself.

Moreover, on January 5 , Iraqi police found the body of a journalist and a lawyer who had been missing a week ago while traveling from Baghdad to Arbil, in some cases, there are other reports of harassment of journalists.

Such attacks are completely unacceptable, and I urge the authorities to investigate the cases and bring perpetrators to justice and to provide better protection for journalists as a kind of full delivery of the fact that free media is one of the basic pillars of effective democracy.

Representatives continued to review and approve important legislation. The approval of the Supreme Judicial Council Act dated January 12 and released the federal budget for the 2017 law in December 2016 and is currently being provided some pending legislation such as the distribution of oil revenues to the provinces of oil - producing and other provinces Act and the Health Insurance Act, and amendments to the accountability and justice law and legislation human rights and discussed in parliament.

I call upon the people 's representatives , in particular, to the enactment of important legislation in the field of human rights, including "human components Law" , which aims to prevent and prohibit discrimination based on religion, race, sex, and other forms of discrimination, and the Domestic Violence Act , which seeks to protect women and children based violence based on gender and sexual violence related to conflict situations.

Discussions are continuing about the possibility of introducing amendments proposed by the Council of Ministers on a general amnesty for the month of August Law 2016.

I urge the Government of Iraq to provide full transparency in the implementation of the law, including the number of released prisoners and the specific reasons for their release, and to refrain from statements that bind criminal developments with general amnesty law without proof of these allegations.

After months of uncertainty over the timing of provincial elections in Iraq, Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi announced on January 17 that the provincial and district elections will take place on 16 September this year. Now comes the role of the House of Representatives to establish the legal and institutional framework appropriate for these elections quickly. Let me point out that the House of Representatives is currently discussing various proposals for electoral reform, including provincial and district and provincial council elections law.

The existence of an electoral legal framework and a clear and comprehensive is necessary to allow for preparations by the Independent Electoral Commission, in addition, I encourage the Iraqi government to provide the necessary funding for UNHCR to facilitate organizational and operational planning for elections.

At the same time, UNHCR has made some progress in the preparations for the elections, including through the ongoing modernization of the biometric voter register, the registration of displaced people and to develop plans to improve its results management systems., Will enhance the provision of adequate security for voters credibility of the upcoming elections.

The mission will continue to provide technical support to the Commission and other institutions at the time it continues to prepare for this important event. Also, on January 23 of the Kurdistan Regional Government announced that parliamentary and presidential elections will take place on November 11th 2017 through direct monitoring by the mission, the security audit conducted by Iraqi security forces to civilians who are leaving the areas controlled by Daesh being shown transparently and in accordance with international standards. However, the physical conditions of some detention centers , security checks, such as those in the areas of Qayyarah and ] advice in Nineveh is still low, and the Iraqi government must ensure that address these issues by continuing to provide enough food, water, clothing and other necessities.

The Mission has noted that most of the detainees for the purposes of security checks are detained for a period ranging between three to five days and then released to return to their families in safe areas. For those who stay in detention , usually appearing before an investigating judge within a day or two, and they transfer their cases either to the courts in Nineveh or to the Central Criminal Court in Baghdad for the purposes of conducting the trial.

I have previously expressed concerns about some of the reports of looting and destruction of civilian property by a number of armed groups operating in support of Iraqi security forces, particularly some of the local resistance groups of Nineveh. For example, on December 10, 2016 a reliable source reported that the villages of Abu Jarbou and Qara Tepe and Corey Kripan and Bzoaah in Ba'shiqah spend in Mosul had been looted regularly by members of the group , the Popular Resistance.

In the area Kokjla reliable sources reported that on December 12, 2016 looted popular resistance group homes and other Sunni families. On January 7, sources reported that civilians in the Cairo neighborhood of Mosul , began looting the houses in the region after the collapse of Daesh control over the region.

It is essential that the government ensures security and is working to restore the rule of law in all areas that have been liberated from the control of Daesh and ensure not to commit such incidents and that the perpetrators of such acts are dealt with according to law.

Military operation in Mosul continues, and the emergency plan drawn up by the government and humanitarian partners have warned that in the worst cases can be affected up to a million people from the civilian juniors.

During the previous phase of the operation, an estimated 885,000 civilians in their homes remained in areas recaptured by the Iraqi security forces, and displaced nearly 190,000 people since mid - October, and this is much lower than the number who had feared humanitarian workers. Indeed 0.30000 returned from these people to their homes, and still many others are returning every day. The situation in the liberated eastern suburbs were difficult, but the markets have already opened their doors, and the government resumed its distribution of food rations to the people on the card Altamoanahuetoqa soon restore public services system. Humanitarian partners has been providing substantial assistance in these areas, where Aasalhaaly 500,000 people, and will continue to do so as long as they are needed.

The more than 100 humanitarian agencies and non - governmental organization is part of the special Mosul humanitarian operation, including the United Nations Children's Fund and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and the World Food Programme and the International Organization for Migration and the World Health Organization and the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs of the United Nations and the Organization for Food and Agriculture and the United Nations Fund population and the United Nations mine action Service .

It also provides partners a complete package of aid to the displaced people who have sought safe haven in 13 locations and a camp for emergencies. It has already become eight of these sites completely overcrowded, and work is under way on the construction of eight new locations in preparation for the attack , which will launch on the densely populated of the city 's western neighborhoods where the lives of 750,000 civilians.

One of the concerns regarding Atalkabbalozmh is the ratio Kabarhjaddamn civilian casualties; what Iqarbncef number of victims of Almassabanalven been treated in Erbil in the Kurdistan region are civilians.

One of the things that constitute a major concern, and there is clear evidence of injuries with bullets during the fiery style that Daesh directly targeting civilians shot dead while trying to reach a safe haven or securing food or household needs.

There are at present four centers to restore stability in the eastern side of Mosul provide special care cases of trauma, and medical referral services. At the beginning of January has been the construction of a field hospital is 21 kilometers east of Mosul, a capacity of fifty beds and has an operating room.

There is no doubt that civilians would be at serious risk when fighting begins in the western parts of Mosul. All commercial supply routes that lead to the major western neighborhoods since late November last has come. Commodity prices are on the rise as are water and electric power supply is stable.

And despite the fact that many households have been able to store food and household supplies, but that inventory already Bdoinfd. And preparing humanitarian partners for a number of scenarios that could be located in the western parts, so the occurrence of waves possible mass exodus, or exposure to conditions more like a siege stretched for a long time, or evictions are done Mtzlsalumgm carried out by Iraqi security forces.

We are grateful to the donor countries for the generous support provided to humanitarian operations in Iraq. In 2016, the humanitarian operation and one of the largest operations were financed in terms of percentage in the world. It was funded 90 per cent of the humanitarian response plan for the past year, and have been receiving 97 percent of the flash appeal for funding , which was launched in the month of July 2016 to prepare for operations Mosul.

We are deeply concerned about the possible non - availability of similar levels of funding this year. While the victory in the military campaign to expel the organization Daesh from Iraq is imminent, it is expected that the humanitarian crisis will continue for several months, if not years. In the month of December, the humanitarian partners in advance summary of the Humanitarian Response Plan for 2017 is required according to the plan and the amount is 985 million US dollars, at least for this year to meet the needs of the 5.8 million citizens of the most vulnerable Iraqi citizens groups.

And it is sought financing worth 331 million US dollars out of this amount specifically for the process of Mosul response.
And it will remain principled humanitarian assistance is very important after the restoration of Mosul and Tal Afar and Hawija and Baaj and the return of millions of Iraqis , or stay in the areas where they moved it during the conflict. Consideration should be given to providing support to help people restart their lives as one of the most important collective priorities for the international community.

I've already accomplished a lot, more than 1.4 million displaced Iraqis returned to their homes, of whom a million displaced people returned during the last ethnic Ashrshahra. The private financing facility to re - stabilization of the Bernameh UNDP is currently in 21 towns and districts liberated. He returned hundreds of thousands of people to these cities; where more than 360,000 people returned to gray , done a year ago in the month of December, and returned nearly 300,000 people to Fallujah that liberated in July of last year.

In preparation for the Liberation of Mosul fully liberalized, equipped with equipment worth US $ 40 million , including electrical equipment and equipment water and equipment to the municipality and equipment for the health sector.
It was published engineers and technicians in every aspect of the city and the eight aspects of numbering after edited directly. In the months of November and December, he proceeded to the United Nations Development Programme Facility operations in areas of Mosul recovered during military operations, including the districts of Hamdania and Ba'shiqah and Bartila and Tall Afar.

The subject of electric power, water and sanitation for the repair of networks, and work is under way to raise the rubble and restore infrastructure, and assistance is being provided to restart the project, has been employing thousands of people in newly liberated areas to restore their neighborhoods and rehabilitation.

FAO is working to revitalize the agricultural systems, and offers the United Nations Human Settlements Programme to help improve the city planning and zoning in cities that were destroyed by the conflict, and the works of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees ( UNHCR ) and the International Organization for Migration on the restoration of damaged houses.

The United Nations Mine Action Service and mine companies mine survey operations and lifting of mines and implementation of campaigns to educate and raise awareness of the dangers of mines clearance. It is not possible without this support to carry out humanitarian operations and resettlement operations and the return of displaced persons. Conscious of the need for any clearance will be necessary for several years in many of the liberated areas, work of the United Nations Department of mine to train police officers from the provinces of Nineveh, Anbar, Salahuddin and Diyala , the first responders to the threats posed by improvised explosive devices capacity.

Let me now go back to the thirteenth report of the Secretary-General on the issue of missing Kuwaiti and third - country nationals and Kuwaiti property lost , including the National Archives.

I am pleased to begin on a positive note, as the Iraqi government expressed its intention to continue the important work of locating the missing and achieve results. Through the extraordinary efforts and proactive made by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, has drastically increased the number of witnesses who offer to give information.

And continuing field visits and excavation work in both Iraq and Kuwait. Even under the weight of regional challenges, the labor relations strong and positive moves between the two countries led to Tazizmistoy cooperation and coordination and to provide a measure of confidence, which is invaluable in moving the process forward.

On the other hand, the efforts continue to restore the missing Kuwaiti heritage. And it found more than 6,000 Kuwaiti book at the University of Kufa, Babylon libraries, and is currently being prepared to formally delivered to Kuwait.

In the month of December, issued by members of the Iraqi security forces in the city of Hilla , what is believed to be an ancient manuscript stolen from Kuwait Museum, which gives us all hope that follow the correct approach which is supported by persistent efforts can lead to the discovery of the remains of Kuwaiti property, especially the National Archives .

On 28 February this be Kdamady 26 years after the end of the first Gulf War and, unfortunately, and to this day, and despite the efforts and determination, the Iraqi government did not fully aware of its duty to the human cost of this conflict treatment and provide answers to missing families.

He concluded Kubis his speech by saying that "time is not on our side, and with the passage becomes identifying burial sites more difficult. We owe it to the families of the deceased to continue to support Iraq in the humanitarian operation and to continue to follow a multi - dimensional and innovative approach, which is necessary for Iraq to respect its international obligations and fulfill within this file ".

Source