Discerning What Is Everlasting From What Is Temporary....

Thread: Discerning What Is Everlasting From What Is Temporary....

Discerning What Is Everlasting From What Is Temporary....

Good Morning Folks..

I was looking over the news articles (good stuff in there by the way), as I was eating my toast, and drinking coffee... By the way, and if you can afford to do so, it is best to drink organic coffee... The reason is that coffee is considered by many to be one of the most heavily sprayed crops as it concerns pesticides... Of course with coffee being consumed in liquid form, it will assimilate into one's bloodstream much quicker... As we all know, pesticides can reek havoc on one's health, and has been one of the main reasons many have had severe health issues over the last century... While spraying crops can get rid of those nasty pests for a time, it does come at a cost to those of us that consume them... That in turn brings profits to the pharmaceutical companies, doctors, lawyers and the wheel goes round, and round...

There are times when we do forget to about the ramifications of decisions that have been made that does entail a certain outcome.. As I was eating my toast, I paused to think that this piece of bread, while filling at the time, will not sustain me for the rest of the week... I just let my cat outside simply because he kept bugging me do so... But what he forgot, and was quickly reminded of once he was outside, was that last night the neighborhood feline bully attacked him.. So I noticed he jumped up on a tall cabinet we have out in the garage in order to avoid that happening again... It was funny watching his head go back, and forth as reality of the situation set in... He plotted a coarse of action in order to avert being pounced upon again... I offered to let him in again, but his longing to be outside was far more important at the time...

There are times when we have thrown all caution to the wind, and taken chances that may not have had the outcome we desired... Even with the best of intentions, decisions we make can take a turn for the worst if we do not look at every possible scenario, or outcome of decisions made... Are we thinking long term as it concerns this investment in the Iraqi dinar?... Have we placed too much hope in it to the point of being consumed by our hope of it coming to pass, that when it does, we forget about what is of far more significance within our lives, and the lessons of the past are so easily forgotten... The very existence of mankind has been a lesson that never really been learned since our beginnings in the Garden of Eden... We have been prone to exercising the same mistakes, and falling for the wrong council time, and time again throughout the coarse of our history...

What we can imagine within our minds, and plan for could very well not come to pass if our Creator does not deem it to be... This is not being negative in the slightest on my part, but actually looking at life from a realistic standpoint... I may very well not finish this cup of organic coffee that I just poured myself a few minutes ago... We are not promised another moment in life... That is a reality!...

I believe this investment will come to pass, but what if it does not?... Have we been so consumed with it that if it does not have the desired outcome we have imagined, that our lives will fall apart?... Have we actually thought on those terms?...

Our world is changing ever so quickly... If one looks upon what is transpiring within it, (and without bias I might add), we see the development of nations such as Iraq coming to fruition, and the demise of the West as a power in this world's affairs... Some will indeed argue as to the reasons for this, but the reality is this state of being the most powerful nation in the world was to always be temporary at best... The US was never meant to be the long term solution to what is ultimately a spiritual problem... For as scripture points out, the flesh is weak, and is subject to deterioration...

Out bodies are a perfect example of this as the years go by... God, in HIS wisdom, prepares us for the grave in a sense in that our physical bodies do tend to gravitate south as the years go by... Almost as if the dust pulling is us down to where we came from as it pertains to this physical life...

Which is why it is far more prudent, and wise, yet more difficult, to focus upon the spirit that each, and every one of us have been given by our Creator... Our inmost being cannot be destroyed by time, nor by physical means... Only God can destroy what HE has created that is not seen... But does exist, and helps us to dwell on things, and make decisions that at least seem sensible at the time... We have always needed the guidance through wise council of our Creator in order to keep our lives in perspective...

One can still live a happy, and fulfilling existence, yet still keep the scope of the overall scheme of things in mind... Living our lives as if there is no tomorrow for any of us in this physical existence is indeed wise... Focusing on the unseen aspects of life, while serving our unseen Creator is the most important decision a person can make... It does require faith as God's Word points out... But that is the point of our existence in the overall scheme of things... Believing in HIM is understanding that HIS WORD, contained within scripture, is, and always has come to pass... NO matter how many skeptic's, or unbelievers, God's Word has always stood the test of time...

This investment is temporary at best, and many of us will come to see that its profits (if indeed that is God's will), will come to nothing in time... For as scripture points out, at some point yet future, one will have to receive a mark upon the forehead, or right hand in order to buy or sell as Revelation chapter 13 points out... It must come to pass, and will as God has decreed it to be so... Whether any of us are alive at that point in time again remains to be seen.. It is not wise to look upon one's age either as a determining factor concerning that individual's lifespan...

Love life, and appreciate life in accordance to God's will... None of us can go wrong even during earth's darkest hour... As Christ Jesus pointed out, this age is evil... Yet, the hope of God's desire is never diminished within the hearts, and minds of those who are HIS...

HIS will shall be done, and HIS kingdom will come... There is no stopping this TRUTH!... Having one's hope in that is the best investment one can make... It is an investment that will never perish, and a freedom that only God can provide one through the power of HIS SPIRIT within that individual...

By the way, I was able to finish that organic cup of coffee... Think I will have another... God bless you all!...

Wise as serpents, yet gentle as doves my friends..

Popeye7
    Last edited by popeye7; 01-13-2017 at 09:12 PM.