Ban Ki-moon calls on Iraq to implement the resolutions of the Security Council resolution of outstanding issues with Kuwait
Date: 29/03/2012

Kuwait - 28-3 (KUNA) - The secretary general of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, the Iraqi government to the full implementation of Security Council resolutions relevant to invade Kuwait in 1990 and try to resolve all outstanding issues between the two countries.

Ban welcomed in a joint press conference held here today with Foreign Ministry Undersecretary Khaled Al-Jarallah on the occasion of his visit to the country, the progress made on the "normalization of relations between the two countries" and the recent visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Kuwait that are considered "good step" in this field.
He said, "I encourage Iraq to be performed to meet its obligations fully to Kuwait .. and the United Nations is seeking to achieve security and stability of Kuwait and the implementation of all Security Council resolutions relevant and which are still stuck in particular with regard to missing persons and property and compensation as a result of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990."

"It's been a long It's now more than 20 years since that happened the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait so it's very important that the Iraqi government to honor its commitments on the decisions of the relevant Security Council in full."
He pointed out that the Security Council resolution put Iraq under Chapter VII of the United Nations, stressing the importance of the Iraqi government to implement the Security Council resolutions relevant to be able to fully carry out its duties as a "normal".

He noted the fact that both Kuwait and Iraq, the formation of a joint ministerial committee between them to discuss all outstanding issues between the two countries, describing the visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's recent visit to Kuwait as "very successful".

Ban said that the State of Kuwait, "partner country and very strong and important to the United Nations in the development of security and human rights," adding "that Kuwait is a country vital and very democratic and enjoy a free press and I'm very pleased after I saw the parliamentary elections, Kuwait's recent by-election is a very successful and reliable manner, and fully democratic which laid a good example to follow in this time of the momentum of the ongoing changes in the Arab world. "

And his meeting with His Highness the Amir said that he had discussed with his number of regional issues, as well as meeting next Arab summit in Baghdad and the Kuwaiti-Iraqi relations in addition to the partnership between the UN and Kuwait.

And about the situation in Syria, Ban expressed deep concern too about the "ongoing conflict, bloodshed and displacement of thousands of people from Syria," referring to the approval of the Syrian government last plan Envoy common to the United Nations and the League of Arab States Kofi Annan, consisting of six points, which were approved by the Security Council.

He added: "I share the Annan his view as a very important step that will stop the violence and bloodshed and to provide assistance to those people who suffer .. and create an enabling environment for dialogue which will help greatly in achieving the legitimate aspirations of the Syrian people and encourage Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to put these commitments in the activation of direct its because there is no time to dispel. "

He said that Annan is working very urgently with all parties concerned on Syria to ensure the implementation of this plan at all levels, praising the efforts of the "big" by the support he received from the international community.
In response to a question about the Arab Summit to be held in Baghdad tomorrow, and may issue such decisions on the events in Syria, said that the Arab summit in Baghdad held "at a critical time" to discuss all important issues that occur in this region and especially the situation in Syria.

He went on saying, "I have read the report, which has Pthouderh foreign ministers of the summit, which discussed it is very important this serious situation and I am very grateful for this strong support and team spirit are working with the Arab League with the United Nations to address the situation in Syria." He added that "I have been working with Secretary General of the Arab League Nabil Arab since the beginning of this crisis and I will discuss in Baghdad, how can the UN and the Arab League to work together to help Annan and strengthen its efforts to implement his plan, consisting of six points and to encourage President al-Assad to do so."

With regards to the peace process in the Middle East, Ban called "political leaderships Palestinian and Israeli" to show "courage and vision" to return to meaningful discussions that will "solve the core issues of the conflict and end the occupation that began in 1967."

For his part, Foreign Ministry Undersecretary Khaled Al-Jarallah in the press conference that the participation with the State of Kuwait at the Arab summit to be held tomorrow in Baghdad, expressing the hope and aspiration of Kuwait to achieve this summit the desired results.

He said Al-Jarallah, "We are confident that our brothers in Iraq and their management for businesses, this Summit will lead this summit to succeed and to be held in Iraq for the first time many years ago, a guide to the return of Iraq to exercise its natural role the center of the Arab nation in meeting regional and international levels."
Asked whether he thought that the Arab summit in Baghdad Summit is to prove the existence of self-Iraq Jarallah said "Iraq when he insisted on holding the Arab summit in Baghdad, we were in Kuwait to support this determination and we also marvel at this insistence of the Iraqi held in Baghdad .. and came determination to affirm Iraq's desire to return to the Arab world to contribute effectively to the joint Arab action. "(end)

https://translate.google.ca/translate...6language%3Dar