Rusetsky: Belarus-Iraq parliamentary ties will promote economic relations

MINSK, 18 December (BelTA) – The strengthening of parliamentary ties between Belarus and Iraq will promote the development of economic relations, Vice Speaker of the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly of Belarus Anatoly Rusetsky said as he met with Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Council of Representatives (Parliament) of the Republic of Iraq Hassan Chuird Al-Hamdani on 18 December, BelTA informs. “The establishment of the parliamentary component in our relations will promote the development of economic ties between the two countries,” Anatoly Rusetsky said. “It is essential to resume and sign a number of important intergovernmental and interstate agreements that would create the corresponding environment,” he said. In his words, the joint Belarusian-Iraqi commission on trade and economic cooperation plays an important role in the development of bilateral relations. This is the instrument that has proved efficient. According to Anatoly Rusetsky, the Belarusian people view Iraqis as a friendly nation. “In Belarus there are many people who remember the relations the two countries had before. I was lucky to be in Iraq myself, although it was a long time ago. I am confident that the good ties that existed between the two countries will be restored,” he concluded.

Link