Why Massoud Barzani said of Ahmed Chalabi?

Shafaq News / The head of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, said that the loss figure as head of the National Congress, Ahmad Chalabi, a great loss for the Iraqi people, and stressed that Chalabi was a close friend to him and the people of Kurdistan.

Barzani said in a statement, "with deep sorrow and grief, I received the news of the political and personal death known and Iraqi National Congress leader Ahmad Chalabi."

Barzani said that "the personal loss of important Kalmghafoor him Ahmed Chalabi, is a great loss for the Iraqi peoples, was the late Ahmad Chalabi, a close friend to me and to the people of Kurdistan, and has had a significant role in trying to democracy and stand against dictatorship and injustice building, and can not be the one to forget its role in this area never."

He pointed out that "the historical relationship that linked the deceased people of Kurdistan, in the defense of the just rights of the people, always remain in memory, and we will continue to remember the deceased constantly and with all respect and appreciation."

He concluded his statement by saying Barzani, "I repeat my sorrow and regret for the loss of the late Ahmad Chalabi, and extend my sincere condolences to his family and to all the generous advocates of freedom for all peoples and the people of Iraqi Kurdistan."

ARTICLE LINK