Good Day Folks...

I was considering what this article, and the responses by those who read it, and decided to write an article about Judas, and the Spiritual Realm... Here is the article link for that article... https://www.wnd.com/2015/10/minion-of...n/?cat_orig=us

Remember we are to be bold in the face of adversity... For those in Christ Jesus have the definite advantage in what God considers this spiritual battle against principalities that represent spiritual darkness...

Here is the article I wrote after reading this article... Blessings...

Popeye7

Hello Folks...

Well, this has been a subject that has been discussed, and disagreed on in many respects... My views on the subject have changed as I realized that there are things that have been taught by others that did not address the spiritual aspect of what occurred with this disciple, and how he was chosen for this betrayal long before it had actually transpired... This which I write may have already been concluded by those who read this... I'm just writing this for discussion, and for any feedback others may have on the subject...

Judas Iscariot was a man who had some problems with coveting money, and the love thereof... But I personally have had discussions with my fellow brethren where their view of this man was that he was evil incarnate.. It is easy to fall into this way of thinking as it involves our Savior's betrayal... But was this the view of our Savior of Judas?... Or was this man chosen for a purpose that he would fulfill regardless of whether or not he agreed with it?...

Judas's love for money was used as an instrument that would lead to the betrayal of his friend Jesus, but was this betrayer completely on board with what was transpiring?... Or was Judas being used by spiritual entities far more powerful than himself alone to fulfill that which God prophesied would occur long before it happened?...

God's Spirit is referred to as the Helper in scripture... God intends not to control us, but to guide, and to help us in our walk with HIM on the straight, and narrow... When one is possessed by principalities of darkness, that individual is controlled... Through this control, that person has the capacity to carry out acts that he, or she would not normally do had that individual not been under the possession of spiritual evil...

In Luke chapter 22 verses 2-6 we read that Satan does enter into Judas, and compels this man to make a pact with the priests who wanted our Savior dead... So here lies the key in what is transpiring here... Satan is in control of what Judas is doing... As we read in other passages, those possessed by demonic, or other spiritual entities that represent evil, these individuals have no control over what they do in some accounts... Depending upon the strength of the spiritual entity that has entered that individual... A persons possession may also entail many spiritual entities of darkness as well as scripture points out... So the reality is that person could very well not know what they do... As if the spirit we all have been granted by God is placed into a state of helplessness, and in some cases a trance like state...

In Matthew chapter 26 verses 21-25 Jesus declares to HIS disciples that one of them was going to betray them... They began to question our Savior, and declare to HIM "Is it I?" ... In verse 25 Judas asks Jesus as well, "Rabbi, is it I?"... So at this point in time, did Judas actually know he was the betrayer, or was he sincerely unaware of what he would do later on that night?...

John chapter 13 verses 26-28 point out that once our Savior gave the piece of break to Judas, Satan enters into this man, and he goes out to at that point to carry out the deed that God had appointed for him to do... So was Judas in a trance like state at that point?... Earlier in the evening he ask Jesus if he would be the betrayer as Matthew chapter 26 verse 25 points out... Was this man in control of his actions, or was this matter out of his hands completely as God had already chosen Judas for this particular part of history long before he was even born?...

We must remember that God knows the end from the beginning, and will do all that HE has already purposed to do as indicated in Isaiah chapter 46 verse 10... We also read that our Creator wants none to perish, but all to be saved in 2 Peter chapter 3 verse 9... He truly does yearn for this... As should we towards our fellow man... Understanding that most are deceived, and have not been revealed by God the knowledge of the TRUTH by HIM... This goes for those of the Muslim faith, and others who are confused, and are being lead by the Babylonian spirit that pervades this world... That which God has allowed for to test those who HE has called, and to show mankind what the result of doing that which is contrary to HIS WILL results in... Does not mean we condone wrongdoing, but realize that we are scarcely saved ourselves despite the understanding that God's Spirit in us has granted those who have been shown mercy...

So in Matthew chapter 26 verse 48-50 we read the account of Judas betraying Jesus with a kiss.. In verse 50 our Savior says something that most of us would not have said if we were in the position... HE calls Judas a "FRIEND!" .... Why is this?... I conclude that our Messiah understood that Judas was not in control of what was transpiring, and knew that what his disciple did had to be done in accordance to God's prophetic Word... If Judas truly desired to betray Jesus, do any of us actually believe our Savior would refer to his disciple as a "friend?"... NO WAY!... Our God, and Savior is not a liar, nor has HE ever been anything but most sincere...

In Matthew chapter 27 verses 3-5 we read that Judas realizes what took place the previous night, declared his sin to the chief priest, and elders, and threw down the pieces of silver in the temple mind you... This man was so distraught upon finding out what he had partaken of, that he went out, and hung himself... Is this the actions of a man that had evil intent, and would willfully betray the ONE who had a great deal of admiration of in reality?... The bible does not disclose when Judas understood what he had partaken of as it concerned Jesus, but again his actions after discovering what had happened does not indicate he willfully did this at all...

Of course Judas had his faults, but don't we all... Peter basically betrayed Jesus as well by denying that he knew HIM three times, and as scripture indicates, could have very well been the one who carried out this betrayal... Remember in Luke 22: verses 31-32 our Messiah declared to Peter that Satan wanted him to carry out this dirty deed, but Jesus prayed for him, and had other plans for this disciple in the future...

Some have declared that Jesus had declared this man condemned by declaring in Matthew chapter 26 verse 24, "It would have been better that this man would not have been born!"... But is Judas truly condemned to eternal death over an act that it had been decreed by God Almighty would transpire at the appointed time?... So what did our Messiah mean by HIS declaration?...

Well, we know that Judas was in such distress over the act he had partaken in, that he went, and hung himself... But as we read in Acts chapter 1 verses 16-18 Peter addresses the fulfillment of God's Word as with what occurred in the betrayal, and scripture seems to indicate that the rope broke that Judas hung from, and he fell... He seems to have landed on something that caused his entrails to burst open, and gush out... Was Judas still alive when this happened?... If he was, I could see why our Savior would declare, after such a painful, and agonizing death, that it would have been better that this man had not been born...

So Judas's actions after the betrayal speak louder than the betrayal itself... This man was destined to fulfill this act... Would it be a fair, and just judgment if God were to condemn a man that truly had no control over what was transpiring?... And in the aftermath of this betrayal, was not Judas so remorseful that the money meant nothing to him?... Was not Judas so filled guilt over what transpired that he committed suicide?... Is this the actions of a man who had willfully betrayed our Lord, and Savior?...

I conclude that Judas had no control over what transpired that night... He was taken over by Satan, and was in a trance like condition so as to truly not know what he was doing... When Judas ask his Friend if he was the betrayer, I believe he sincerely did not know... Only after Satan had left Judas's vessel, did this disciple realize that he was the betrayer that was discussed at the last supper before our Savior's sacrifice as the Passover Lamb... This man only fulfilled what God had declared would occur in HIS WORD long ago... That which was planned from before the foundations of the world were created by our Wonderful God...

What a wonderful Father we have.. And what such undeserved mercy we have received from HIM through HIS SON... May we allow HIM to use us in accordance to HIS will, and desire... This spiritual calling is indeed priceless in every way... We are blessed beyond words, and have this opportunity, because of what transpired that day nearly 2,000 years ago... Let us continue to work out our salvation with fear, and with trembling... Realizing that while this gift of God is never earned, we show our appreciation for HIM by growing in the grace, and knowledge of HIM...

God bless you all, and peace be with you...