Abadi: Fighting political quota system in Iraq is an essential part of the fight against corruption

09/22/2015
BAGHDAD (dpa)

The head of the Iraqi government on Monday, Haider Abadi, the Iraqi demonstrations as a "wake-up call" to help the government to address the imbalance in the political system.

Ebadi said, in a speech during a ceremony honoring the families of martyrs "The fight against political quota system an essential part of the fight against corruption because partisan or personal loyalty leads to provide close to professionals and qualified account this injustice and destroys the community will not allow it."

He added that "the people may stand for the difficult economic situation but it does not stand for the existence of smoothing layer and enjoy the privileges and protections."

He explained, "I said from the beginning that the demonstrations are an alarm bell helps us to address the imbalance in our political system and cooperation to address the issue of salaries and protections, and if the government had a responsibility to protect officials from terrorism, this does not mean that there will be armies to protect officials drew three teams can not be for one person protection from 500 to 800 people and the country needs to combat troops defending the homeland and the people. "

The head of the Iraqi government. "We are continuing these reforms, justice and equity and the elimination of disparities will not retract even if it cost me my life, because the alternative is chaos and return abhorrent dictatorship that came wars and mass graves and the siege and destruction correct action is to modify our political system and fight corruption."

"I'm as prime minister while I do roam and field visits do not cut off the roads and used armored vehicles and put my need a measure of the need for officials of the protections."

He said: "We handed students and we are not students of war and this war was imposed on us and Daash entered our territory from Syria". "

The president of the Iraqi government, "even some who supported Daash and thought they came to serve them they discovered the truth and welcome our troops in Anbar, Salahuddin and reassure the people of Nineveh we were coming to free them."

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...rAJz8WlSeO_uNw