U.S. report: Corruption is the biggest threat to Iraq

Thread: U.S. report: Corruption is the biggest threat to Iraq

01.02.2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - add comment -
    Radio Sawa A report issued by the Office of the "Committee for the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction," and addressed to the Congress, that Iraq is one less of the world's ability to control the cases of administrative and financial corruption. The report considered that corruption is a major threat to Iraq, prompting Prime Minister Nuri al- Maliki to be considered as another aspect of terrorism. The report said that a case of inadequacy of legal systems that have been developed after 2003, pressures and threats to staff responsible for the detection of corruption cases, the face of corruption, especially when it occurs by senior officials in the state.

Read more: https://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news...#ixzz1lAL9x9q1

I'm not sure I'd call this "proof" of a delay in the RV. If you're waiting for corruption to be gone from the leadership you'll never see anything done by anyone anywhere. Take a look around. Corruption is everywhere...here and there. You won't get rid of it, but you may be able to minimize it somewhat.

Praying for the people is a great idea with or without a civil war.

Wealth (along with many other things) can be a distraction. However, it is also possible for God to use financially blessed people with to help reach others with the Gospel.

You might consider that Abraham (God’s friend), David, (a man after God’s heart) and others in the Bible who were both wealthy and pursuing a close relationship with God. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I believe you will find that many of the people who regularly participate in the chat room are godly men and women. Many of us are pursuing this investment because God has brought us to a place that we wish to both be blessed and be a blessing to others. We are each responsible to God for what we do with what we are given.

The issue isn’t whether or not you have money, but does the money have you? If the idea of having adequate or abundant financial resources is uncomfortable for you, then you probably don’t need to consider this or any other investment.

I would also point out that the 12/21/12 date was proposed by the Mayans who were anything but a godly culture. Personally, I am not concerned with the predictions of these people. It is important to know that Jesus said, regarding the end of things, that no man knows the day or the hour. Since 12/21/12 is a specific day given to us by men, then the likelihood that this date is accurate is about zero. Hopefully, you can rest a little easier with this knowledge.