" The Dinar Daily ", Tuesday, 17 December 2013
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " The Dinar Daily ", Tuesday, 17 December 2013

" The Dinar Daily ", Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Damluji spectrum: Maliki worked for eight years with no internal system of the Council of Ministers, did not give any final accounting of the budget.

17-12-2013 | (Voice of Iraq)

By - contagious Shammari

Maysoon al spokesman (National Coalition), the spectrum, in her first interview after the formation of the coalition:
    Draft personal status law Jaafari, consolidate political sectarianism in the country.
    Iraqi experience was an important and unique, even if they have as much success for Iraq was better off today.
    Our project Liberal still exists through the national coalition, which, in my opinion, the best way to build Iraq and the consolidation of national identity.
    I refuse to be a part of the campaign (photographed me and I do not know), or contribute to any form of cheap advertising.
    In her first dialogue with the Iraqi press, shortly after the formation of (the national coalition), spoke of the official spokesman for the coalition, MP (Maysoon al) spectrum with the newspaper, on many important issues that occupy the minds of millions in Mesopotamia .. Colleague editor (contagious Shammari) pregnancy questions the Iraqi street, to Damluji, this was a dialogue with them:
    Spectrum: the beginning, the elections around the corner, which is an hour among the Iraqis .. Where Maysoon al of this election, and what have you prepared for her?
    Damluji: Thank you, my dear brother. First of all, cost me (National) to be speaking on its behalf, and this takes a big responsibility and a lot of my time in the follow-up news and screened, in addition to the task of listening to the pulse of the street and interact with him. After that, the political body to take the appropriate position and I directed in the form of a statement or a statement, after consultation with the d. Ayad Allawi, colleagues and others. I also work with a number of media in the development and implementation of the plan for the media campaign. In addition to this, I now chair of the Coordinating Committee to prepare for the elections on a temporary basis. Contributed to the recent period with my colleagues in the national coalition to negotiate to form an electoral alliance, which will enter its election, and I hope that my participation is estimated in the formation of alliances, the largest after the elections. Political work takes a lot of my time, which I hope to Ochrish to issues of culture and women's rights in Iraq.
    Spectrum: What are the chances, Dr. Ayad Allawi, in this election, and is possible to return to the presidency of the government?
    Damluji: This is decided by the Iraqi street, and future alliances to form a parliamentary majority and form a government. It became clear to the Iraqi people that Iyad Allawi does not compromise on principles, a steady approach to achieving justice and rejection of discrimination and political sectarianism. Period, which was chaired by the ministry was a golden age in spite of her palace.
    Spectrum: placed back into alliances .. What future alliances between Dr. Allawi and other political figures and whether that alliance will split about earlier?
    Damluji: electoral alliances have been completed before the announcement of the election commission. Iraqi coalition consists of 16 political entities, including large national figures, some of which was part of the coalition in Iraq in the previous session. Today we are working on the formation of coalitions after the elections, which will be able to form the next government.
    Spectrum: Do you expect there to be real change in the shape of the political map in the country?
    Damluji: I think that the Iraqi people is capable of change, which is not less than the Egyptian people, who defied all foreign interference imposing his will on them. Real change will not happen between overnight, but by insisting popular and mass, and its reflection on the ballot boxes and election results, and then the formation of a government capable of building state institutions and security management, and create an environment of stability and progress. Iraq has all the elements of prosperity and well-being, not only lacks visions of sound capable of managing wisely and policy-making for the future.
    maysoon-aldamluji_3 spectrum: Dar murmurs large, about the atmosphere inside the former Iraqi, can you explain that to the citizens, and how he was able Allawi's alliance with the names of different walks of antibodies or? Were it as a disadvantage or mistake occurred when the Iraqi leader, and perhaps also with you, liberals within this list?
    Damluji: Iraqi experience was an important and unique, even if they have as much success for Iraq was better off today. Vmkon almost the entire doctrinal decided to participate in the political process and chose him leader of a component is different. This has raised concerns the United States and some neighboring countries benefiting from the continued dislocation in the joints of the state. Iraq lost an important opportunity for national reconciliation and build a common future. In any case, disintegrated Iraq for many reasons, some of them internal, especially to compete for the leadership of the component, and others are external, in the use of various means of persuasion and intimidation. Our project Liberal still exists through the national coalition, which, in my opinion, the best way to build Iraq and the consolidation of national identity.
    Damluji of the spectrum:
    Maliki does not listen to only a handful of those around him, and most of his relatives, and they do not have the capacity necessary to build a very complex, such as Iraq.
    Spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the sidelines of the project Baghdad, the capital of Arab culture, and print books are not distributed to the people, but remained trapped in warehouses.
    Iraqi women are characterized by strong personal will, and it is difficult to return them to the Middle Ages.
    Spectrum: Are you in Iraq, really, dictatorship, Is it possible to return to dictatorship again?
    Damluji: I have no doubt that Mr. cabinet seeks to build a new dictatorship, through the expansion of the independent bodies and the politicization of the judiciary and to circumvent the Constitution and to encroach upon the House of Representatives. He was a man who worked for eight years with no internal system of the Council of Ministers, did not give any final accounting of the budget.
    Spectrum: Where do you think made a mistake, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, and whether the level of responsibility?
    Damluji: Mr. al-Maliki does not listen only to a handful of those around him, and most of his relatives, and they do not have the capacity necessary to build a very complex, such as the beloved Iraq. Trivial cares, and targeting this and that, and is unable to draw a broad vision for the future policies. Become whose only concern is to stay in office, and is ready for this to sacrifice everyone. The man did not marginalize his opponents, but even his allies included in marginalization, and members of his party. It uses all available means, including the judiciary and the security agencies and the media for the purposes of an individual.

Spectrum: Please Tgepena Honestly, what is the secret of the failure to pass a law parties?
    Damluji: Do not disclose secret if I said that the political blocs are afraid of the process of detecting sources of funding through a law that regulates these things. This is spent on his campaign funds from the state and the people's livelihood, and then donates his Iran or Turkey or Saudi Arabia. Parties Law threatens to reveal the hidden, and the development of the political process on track. In addition to this, there is a broad stream in the House of Representatives wants to put an end to sectarian politics through this law, and prevents partisanship on the basis of caste, which threatens the major political blocs, which is building on its laurels Mazlomyat people.
    maysoon-aldamluji_5 Spectrum: What do you think of the personal status law Jaafari Is Stzmhon passed in and what exactly Aaataradatkm it?
    Damluji: draft personal status law Jaafari is the consolidation of the country's sectarian political, it is proposed that the court is different for each doctrine, and sanctions on citizens by their doctrines. Was put in the worst circumstance passes on Iraq and the region, Tsttalb national cohesion and the rejection of discrimination to gain access to community safety. Engaged national powers to the bill made by the Minister of Justice, and a number of religious leaders and the wise ones Sayyed Hussein Ismail al-Sadr, and ultimately rejected by the Council of Ministers will be put to the House in this session.
    It remains to add that the Personal Status Law in force number (188) of 1959 is advanced and the laws of all materials derived from the Shari'a in order to preserve the rights of women and family cohesion. Certainly we need to modify and develop some of its articles to fit in with the spirit of the age, but this does not mean back to back.

Spectrum: How can we stand up Iraqi civil society again, is it possible corrective movement in this frame?

Damluji: civil society does not grow by chance, but with planning and a clear policy of seeking stability and to allow for civil liberties, political and strengthen the role of the middle class and the educated classes. Renaissance, which has in Iraq in the fifties and sixties of the last century, which gave birth to the finest doctors, engineers, intellectuals and artists, have been planned in the thirties, did not occur randomly.

Spectrum: You are a member of the Iraqi parliament, and there are problems on the performance of the Parliamentary .. How do you evaluate this performance, and whether the member has wishes and aspirations of the citizen?

Damluji: Parliament certainly did not achieve the aspirations of the citizens, but it is the most democratic institution in Iraq today. Parliament has become the only place that preserves the right of citizens to criticize the government and the parliament itself, and the exercise of freedom of thought and expression, after the government cracking down on journalists and the media and targeted peaceful demonstrators in Tahrir Square and other protest sites. However, the government is trying to lie on the parliament and control over the decisions of the Federal Court through the present, a court is unconstitutional and the government is trying to keep it under the authority and with the Supreme Judicial Council.

Spectrum: During your work as deputy chairman of the parliamentary culture, media, marked the start of a project of Baghdad, the capital of Arab culture in 2013, but you are supervising this project .. Did the project please, whether it was the level of ambition?
    Damluji: Project Baghdad, the capital of Arab culture did not achieve little, was not the level of ambition. I wish I could be a starting point for strengthening the Iraqi national identity, and attention to the urban fabric of Baghdad, but none of this did not happen. I called from the beginning to share the Municipality of Baghdad and the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities and endowments in the planning for this important event, but it did not participate. What is the meaning of culture in Baghdad without the Tigris River and the Mutanabi Street, especially shrines in Kadhimiya and Adhamiya and Sheikh Al-Kilani and dozens of imams Senate mystics? Where is the role of the heritage of our buildings and archaeological heritage, including the ziggurat Aqarqouf and strand fractions and school Mustansiriya all relics of the Ottoman and Abbasid? Is it limited to the culture tent comes from Lebanon for hours, then finish the end of the event? Baghdad dealt with like a modern city in the Gulf, and did not care Baractha or civil or social fabric. Spent hundreds of millions of dollars on events here and there, and print books are not distributed to the people, but remained trapped in warehouses.

Spectrum: demanded, a few months ago, to dissolve the Ministry of Culture, and I pointed out that it no longer has any role in Iraqi society, precisely what is required from the ministry; in order to promote Iraqi culture with its worst just like any other areas?

Damluji: The Ministry of Culture is one of the most important ministries in the ancient country like Iraq, and we call on the national coalition to be a key ministry. But it has been plagued in the last eight years ministers have nothing to do with culture and do not appreciate its value, and some of them were accused of terrorism. Current minister meets Balmadra two years the Ministry of Culture in the Ministry of Defense .. Imagine farce, and even donates money allotted for the purchase of a presidential aircraft.
    Spectrum: You are an architect, how do you see the reality of the capital Baghdad, is Taatfiqin me that this beautiful city fall victim to the plot is bad planning?
    Damluji: I think that the building of cities and the preservation of cultural heritage and urban is an important part of building a national identity of any society. Baghdad, neglected, abandoned by her family was left of the social fabric, but a few scattered capitals. Countryside attack on Baghdad began in the fifties of the last century, and instead of policy-making, which includes the rural and make them part of the fabric of the city, the Baqsaúhm in residential areas outside the city and with the extension of these gatherings have turned Baghdad into a large countryside.
    Spectrum: As an activist and advocate for the rights of Iraqi women, how do you see the role of women, both in public life, or at the level of entry into the political arena?.
    Damluji: I think that the women if they have a significant presence in the House of Representatives, not least their performance with the performance of their fellow men, but are most keen to attend and discuss the situation and to contribute actively in the sessions of the House and in committees. Iraqi women are characterized by strong personal will, and it is difficult to return them to the Middle Ages.
    Spectrum: Do you have any projects, plans, ideas perhaps, contribute to the rescue of Iraqi women from the deteriorating situation, which is in today?
    Damluji: Iraqi women are an integral part of society, and can not be promoted in isolation from society as a whole. Empowerment of women at all levels, legislative and executive, will have an important role in the process of community development.
    Spectrum: Why refuses Maysoon al, talk about what contributes to the solution of complex issues, victimize, usually, the ordinary citizen? I read in some newspapers and websites for you Atridn to have it as a propaganda you, what's wrong with that, if in the end contribute to finding solutions to the citizens?
    Damluji: I refuse to be a part of the campaign (photographed me and know what Annie), or contribute to any form of cheap advertising. I only do my duty.
    Spectrum: What is the call launched by Maysoon al, Iraqi voters?
    Damluji: I hope all Iraqis, men and women, young men and elders, to cast his vote in the ballot box to make change. Change is not only through the ballot box. Lack of participation does not only mean the survival of the situation unchanged. I hope not to repeat the experience of the provincial elections when playing people from participating.

Spectrum: Finally .. What do you wish Maysoon al-both politically and personally?

Damluji: On a personal level I wish to extend my life for my memoirs Udon in the past ten years, but also write about my vision about the relationship between the construction of national identity and building urban fabric. At the political level, I hope to see the level of Iraq, not least Britain, which lived more than twenty years, which is available to every citizen all the legal rights, health, educational, environmental, and all Iraqis live in dignity and freedom and bliss.

Source - Spectrum / special

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2nhSpwAky

High Nassif demanding not to exchange the share of Kurdistan budget only after the hand over power to the region's oil revenues for the last two years

17-12-2013 | (Voice of Iraq)

Demanded the MP for the coalition, the Iraqi Free high Nassif and the Ministry of Finance not to exchange the share of the budget of the Kurdistan region, but after the establishment of the authority of the region's oil revenues handed over the territory to the last two years.
    She told him the Information Office of the coalition: "The oil and gas and natural resources extracted in any Iraqi province are the property of all Iraqis of different nationalities and backgrounds, and each province has rights and duties according to the constitution, which divided powers and set out clearly, has ended the era of totalitarian rule, which was controls the provincial quotas and allocations granted to the province at the expense of another province, today there is an elected parliament comprising deputies from all the provinces, which monitors and tracks both large and small. "
    It showed that "it is unreasonable to be involved all the provinces to hand over the proceeds of natural resources to the federal government according to the constitution in the Kurdistan region refrain from that and set policy, especially in the oil and energy sector and the rest of the vital sectors and economic prospects."
    Nassif stressed on "the need to abide by the constitution and the non-delivery of the share of Kurdistan of the financial budget of the Federal However, after the establishment of the authority of the region to hand over oil revenues to Baghdad," indicating that "this action in the interest of the citizens of Kurdistan and ensure their rights to natural resources in an orderly and constitutional."

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2nhTjrFPE

Kurdistan: reject foreign interference for the application of Article 140

17-12-2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

Baghdad, Omar Abdel-Latif
    Stuck coalition of Kurdish blocs to resolve differences over the disputed areas in accordance with Article 140 of the Constitution, rejecting any foreign intervention in this article, while the renewed emphasis on the Iraqi List, said that article ended legally and become forgotten.
    A spokesman for the Kurdistan Alliance supporter Ok said in an interview »Sabah»: «We are with the solution to Iraq's problems internally through understanding the political forces and the components of the people among themselves and to ensure solutions are accepted by all parties», rejecting attempts to internationalize the problems or the imposition of dominance from outside the country, whether was one of the neighboring countries or other forces, including the application of Article 140.
    He added that Iraq is an independent sovereign state and a democratic system in which it has a political blocs representing the components of the people of this reject any foreign intervention on Iraq.
    He continued good: The «Article 140 unconstitutional nothing to do with one of them and how to implement them», pointing out that the blocks can understanding with each other, and if there are differences it can go to the Federal Court, which could decide all the issues in the country.
    Article (140) of the Constitution reads as follows: »First: The executive authority shall take the necessary steps to complete the implementation of the requirements of Article 58 of the Law of Administration for the State of Iraq for the Transitional Period, with all its clauses. Second: The responsibility placed upon the executive power in the transitional government , and set forth in Article 58 of the Law of Administration for the State of Iraq for the Transitional Period, extend and continue to the executive authority elected in accordance with this Constitution, that it accomplishes completely (normalization and census and concludes with a referendum in Kirkuk and other disputed territories to determine the will of their citizens) in length Thirty maximum atheist than a month in December two thousand and seven years ».
    The spokesman for the coalition of Kurdish blocs that Article 140 of the constitutionality of the window, and the Kurds want a reasonable solution and is pleased with it all, noting that the rule can not be applied without a census, which is long overdue and may be Iraq, the country that have passed by dozens of years has not been a census. Was MP Former Chairman of the Committee on the implementation of Article 140 of the Constitution Nermin Othman has called for the internationalization of that article pretext that the said article is not being implemented by law and political consensus. said Osman in previous statements: «must solve the problem of the disputed areas to internationalize the issue and involve the United Nations in which it is to be addressed should not be kept within the borders of Iraq », arguing that the only solution to end the problem of those areas.
    The MP for the province of Kirkuk, Yassin al-Obeidi has insisted that that article finished and became «forgotten», as he put it. Added Obeidi «morning», said the legislator when placing the material to make her a time limit in the sense that the application associated with the material time., He said period of time when it is over, it means that the legal provision had been exhausted and become forgotten, noting that attempts called political revival of this article is useless., in turn, was considered a member of the House of Representatives Jassim Chenkali Article 140 of the disputed areas in the country's legal and constitutional and dish one part including a normalization. said «morning»: The «There are two parts others associated with the implementation of this article, namely the implementation of the referendum. expressed wishes and the togetherness of efforts to resolve this problem, which is the problem of Iraq as a whole and not just the Kurds.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2nhUg4B74

Iraqi Turkmen town seeks to join Kurdistan Region

Minorities in Iraq are once again demanding autonomous areas or to have their districts joined to other provinces as a wave of attacks targets them in Salahuddin, home to a Turkmen minority, and Ninevah, home to minorities such as the Christians and the Shabak.

Summary⎙ Print Following years of perceived neglect by Baghdad, some in the Iraqi town of Tuz Khormato have called for joining the Iraqi Kurdistan Region.

Author Omar al-Jaffal

Posted December 16, 2013

Translator(s)Sami-Joe Abboud

Tuz Khormato, located in Salahuddin province, shocked everyone when the district council announced during a Nov. 25 news conference that it wanted the district to join Kirkuk province, instead of being affiliated with Salahuddin. Tuz Khormato has not been calm for years, and on a monthly basis the district is subject to bombings carried out by al-Qaeda or other groups the central government knows nothing about.

The provincial council made this call in light of the failure of both the Salahuddin provincial administration and the security agencies to protect the lives of citizens and to prevent terrorist groups from targeting them.

Vice President of the Iraqi Kurdistan Region Kosrat Rasul Ali welcomed this decision and stressed that he is in favor of returning the town to the province of Kirkuk.

The predominantly Turkmen district of Tuz Khormato was part of Kirkuk province until 1976. The regime of Saddam Hussein, however, detached the district from Kirkuk province from its four sides — Amerli, Bestamli, Suleiman Beik and Qadri Kerm — and appended it to Salahuddin province, which had been recently created under a presidential decree.

Political blocs had always called for declaring Tuz Khormato a disaster zone due to it being continuously bombed by al-Qaeda, as well as the lack of medical and educational services. Ali Al-Shalah, a member of the parliamentary State of Law Coalition, described the issue of returning Tuz Khormato to Kirkuk as “delicate.”

Shalah told Al-Monitor, “All of the political blocs need to give their opinion about this issue,” and stressed, “The opinions of those living in Tuz Khormato should be a priority, as they are the ones affected.”

A member of the Kurdistan Alliance, Hamid Bafi, pointed out, “Tuz Khormato was previously a part of Kirkuk province, and [this issue] must be reviewed within the framework of the administrative border law for these regions. These borders were manipulated by the former regime based on sectarian, political, ethnic and non-administrative grounds.”

Bafi told Al-Monitor, “Tuz Khormato is one of the disputed areas,” and pointed out, “The central government ought to address these areas, which have been unfairly treated by the former regime through Article 140 of the Constitution.”

Article 140, which relates to resolving the issue of Kirkuk and determining whether it will join the Iraqi Kurdistan Region as well as the powers of the Iraqi president, the powers of the Kurdistan Region and the distribution of wealth, is one of the most prominent points of contention between the central government in Baghdad and the regional government in Erbil.

“The central government should make haste to address this issue so that the residents can determine their fate,” Bafi said. He suggested, “Things staying the same in this region will not lead to the stability of Iraq,” adding, “This may affect relations between the Kurdistan Region and [our] brothers in Baghdad.”

Legal expert Tareq Harb told Al-Monitor, “No district council or provincial council in Iraq should issue a resolution to separate or attach a part of a province to or from another province, as district councils are not elected, but rather appointed.”

Meanwhile, Fawzi Akram Tarzi, a member of the National Turkmen Alliance, which is part of the Ahrar bloc, said, “Calling for attaching Tuz Khormato to Kirkuk is aimed at putting pressure on the central government, in order to rescue the district from the disaster it is experiencing.”

Tarzi told Al-Monitor, “The Turkmen have been the target of genocide since 2003 up to this very day, across all of the Turkmen regions without exception, especially in the ‘disaster zone’ of Tuz Khormato.” He indicated, “Some people in Tuz Khormato want to turn this district into a province in order to secure infrastructure, among other things.”

On Nov. 25, Iraq’s Deputy Prime Minister Hussain al-Shahristani formed a higher committee to discuss the implications of the security situation in Tuz Khormato, and stressed that the government will do all it can to maintain security in the district. A Turkmen deputy, however, accused him of neglecting the district’s security.

Omar al-Jaffal

Contributor, Iraq Pulse

Omar al-Jaffal is an Iraqi writer and poet. He is an editor of Bayt and Nathr, two intellectual magazines that are published in Iraq. He is also the chief editor of Al-Aalam al-Jadid, an electronic newspaper.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...#ixzz2nhX4nwIK

Kirkuk and the Kurdish Failure
    By Hiwa Osman

What happened in Kirkuk last week, where Kurdish parties failed to unite under a single banner ahead of next April’s nationwide legislative elections in Iraq, should not be called anything less than a political scandal.

The failure of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) and Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) to cooperate in Kirkuk belies the old Kurdish claims of national unity in policy and strategy.

The two political parties demonstrated that they have no joint plans for the strategic issues that should transcend political party lines.

The PUK and KDP's conflict over the joint list for Kirkuk ahead of the April 2014 legislative elections indicates that the issue of Article 140 will be delayed a lot more than the people of Kirkuk and other areas were expecting.

While the two parties spend most of their time in campaigns and the media blaming Baghdad for the non-implementation of Article 140, they will have difficulty in continuing to perpetuate the argument that their goal is to bring Kirkuk and other disputed territories into Kurdistan.

It would also be very interesting to hear what the electoral programs of the seven Kurdish Kirkuki lists are going to be if they decide to go to the election separately.

Kurds often blame others for their misfortune and lack of progress on the issues that have taken a long time to settle. But after the Kirkuk saga, their constituents will blame them, too, for their division and for political mismanagement of these national issues.

Almost all other issues that the Kurds will need to settle will require unity and a non-partisan approach. But today, it seems that with every new development the Kurds are moving further apart and the prospects of a united Kurdish policy on external and internal challenges is getting less likely. The parties can easily slip into a tit-for-tat policy on issues.

The formation of the new government in Erbil, the deal with Turkey and relations with Syrian Kurdistan, Iran and Baghdad are all interconnected issues. Each can affect the other. The more issues that the parties disagree on, the wider will be the gap between them. That lessens the likelihood of a united stance and a policy on these issues.

A PUK Central Council member said in an interview that, “had Mam Jalal been around, he would have taken a decision that may not be in the PUK's interest but it would have been in the general Kurdish interest.”

While the absence of “Mam Jalal” is clearly felt by the PUK and many others, especially at times like these, the other person that they and many others would naturally look to for a solution is “Kak Massoud.”

The ball is now in his court for a settlement that unites the Kurds and puts Kurdish interests before party ones.

Hiwa Osman is a media development specialist and CEO of mediawan.me

https://rudaw.net/english/opinion/171....LhYoVXfz.dpuf

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2556)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the17-Dec-2013. results were as follows:

Details Notes
    Number of banks 23
    Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166
    Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----
    Amount sold at auction price (US$) 184,945,000
    Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----
    Total offers for buying (US$) 184,945,000
    Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

and

U.S. Dollar (USD)

U.S. $ 1 = 1,161.1000 Iraqi dinars
    1 Iraqi Dinar = U.S. $ 0.0009

U.S. $ 1 = 1,161.4000 Iraqi dinars
    1 Iraqi Dinar = U.S. $ 0.0009

-0.03%

https://translate.google.com/translat...ages%26id%3D85

Turkey welcomes Shahristani proposal regarding the export of oil of Kurdistan province.
    17/12/2013 15:46:00

Arbil / NINA /-- Turkey declared its welcome of the proposal that made by Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani regarding allowing Kurdistan region to export oil to Turkey.

Turkish media outlets quoted Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz as stated that the proposals of al-Shahristani regarding export of oil from Kurdistan region is good and supported by the Turkish side.

Shahristani has suggested to deposit the income that earned by the export of oil from Kurdistan region by the new Turkish pipeline at Iraqi Development Bank in New York .

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GLIFDK

Sales of dollar by the CBI go down on Tuesday auction.
    17/12/2013 14:58:00

Baghdad/ NINA /--Sales of dollar by the Central Bank of Iraq CBI and purchases of other foreign currencies showed shrank on Tuesday auction to 148 million and 945 000 dollars, after being hit on yesterday auction 222 million and 136 000 dollars with a stable exchange rate of 1166 dinars per dollar. The daily bulletin issued by the Central Bank said : "The demand for dollar was ranging on today's auction around the level of 148 million and 945 000 dollars , which sold in cash.

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GLIELJ

*** this is the second time in my observation that dollar amount equal the total amount *** It could be that both are " typos " or my observations could be wrong, but if the dollar sales are all of the auction it could mean that the CBI is collecting dinar at an accelerated rate ? Whachu think ? ***
    Last edited by chattels; 12-17-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Parliament session starts
    Tuesday, 17 December 2013 12:23

Baghdad (AIN) –The parliament session started on Tuesday after the end of the legislative holiday.

Parliamentary source stated to AIN "The session, which is headed by the Deputy Speaker, Osama al-Nijaifi, is attended by 194 MPs and will witness voting and reading a number of law drafts."

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....tical&Itemid=2

Hakim stresses necessity of eliminating armed groups from Iraq

Tuesday, 17 December 2013 15:21

Baghdad (AIN) –The head of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, Ammar al-Hakim, stressed the necessity of eliminating the armed groups from Iraq to achieve the stability in it and the region.

A statement by the SIIC received by AIN cited "Hakim received the Undersecretary of the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Hussein al-Hayan, where they discussed the mutual relations and Hakim condoled the Iranian official for killing the Iranian workers in Diyala province."

"Hakim stressed the necessity of eliminating terrorism in Iraq to achieve the stability in it and the region," the statement added.

"Hayan appreciated Hakim's feelings over killing the Iranian workers, expressing supporting the Iraqi people to achieve their ambitions and practice democracy," the statement concluded.

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....tical&Itemid=2

*** Groups consist of individuals and disarming groups means disarming individuals does it not ? ***