Here's the truth... (feel free to share this)

Thread: Here's the truth... (feel free to share this)

Here's the truth... (feel free to share this)

A not-so-uncommon critique of our approach to investment comes from the uninformed or the secularists who are convinced there is no place for God on our calls or our conversation. "This is an investment...not a church service" they say...and I agree. It is an investment and not a Church service. However, I cannot fathom the lack of understanding it takes to live in this great nation and somehow imagine we are in any way, better off without God's blessing.

To fully comprehend what it would take - to "take God out" - here a few other places that will have to get "trimmed here and there" to suit this ill-informed agenda...

1) The Declaration of Independance...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

2) The Constitution of the United States...

3) The Bill of Rights...(where do you think these rights come from)??

".... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

4) Our Pledge of Allegiance...

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

5) Our National Anthem (read the whole thing...)

(last part of the last verse...)

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

6) Our Money...

"In God We Trust" printed on the back of our money (strangely - the very same money we are expecting to enumerate while insistently "leaving God out")

7) The Emancipation Proclamation...

"Whereas, on the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, a proclamation was issued by the President of the United States, containing, among other things, the following..."

8 ) Any first year law student can tell you...

Our very legal system is loosely set about the biblical tenets of the "Ten Commandments"...The Ten Commandments have long stood as a symbol of the ideals embodied in America’s judicial system. The Ten Commandments are even in the courtroom of the Supreme Court, directly above the bench where the Honorable Justices are seated.

9) Time as we keep track of it - is even measured by the very birth, life, death and raising from the dead of our Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ. TIME ITSELF!!

Though God never created anything designed to function better without Him than with Him ...He is also The Perfect Gentleman. For instance, His word plainly says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock..." On the other hand, there isn't any biblical frame of reference for lengthy, garish prayer before a meal (or otherwise), in fact, quite the opposite. We should be humble and a simple "Thank You" would often do nicely.

So in deference to the "raging secularists" out there who are so busy trying to take God out of everything - they have forgotten He is the reason we have ANYTHING....we had a call last nite. I invite you to listen. However, if any of what I've said here offends you - fair warning...I suggest you cover your ears at the beginning and the end - because I cannot imagine attempting such an undertaking and not asking for God's divine intervention or failing to give Him thanks afterwards.

God Bless the USA!!

www.dinarupdates.com/blog

I must say GOD BLESS YOU BGG

Thank you for this post, I agree completely and appreciate the Christian and patriotic stand you take.