The Dinar Daily ....Thursday 11 April 2013
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dinar Daily ....Thursday 11 April 2013

The Dinar Daily ....Thursday 11 April 2013

Prime Minister denies Baath return calls to strong participation in the elections
    Sadr suicide Maliki: lust for power blinded
    Source: Baghdad statement and agencies
    Date: April 11, 2013

Blew the approval of the Iraqi government to mitigate the actions taken against the Baathists anger cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who attacked Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in an unprecedented way, calling him visionary Boamy, and stressing that he will not be honored to stay in the government to have fun where the Baath Party and Fedayeen Saddam and terrorists .. Maliki confirmed not to allow the return of Saddam's outlawed Baath, which he described as a method of death and that it is responsible for the destruction of Iraq and the killing of his sons.

Sadr attacked yesterday violently Maliki and his deputy, Saleh al-Mutlaq after the government's approval at its meeting last Sunday to re-officials of the outlawed Baath party to power and transmit elements formations Fedayeen Saddam to retire. He did not honor «stay in the government to have fun, Fedayeen and Baath terrorists» .. Stressing said: «It may be staying in this government did not back down from this decision, taboo and unacceptable reason and religiously.

Sadr and apologized in a statement to the Iraqi people and the victims of the former regime and all the oppressed for the approval of the Cabinet on the recent amendment to the law of accountability and justice to that injustice. He said: «regret for those who want to remain on his throne and blinded those lust insight for both right and wrong (in reference to al-Maliki) became Baath Returns and militia beautiful gaze. He called on the House of Representatives not to ratify the decision.

Sadr criticized the Committee of Five actress and political forces in charge of the follow-up to the demands of protesters in the western provinces and northern.

No return of the Baath

In contrast, Maliki said in an interview with the newspaper The Washington Post, U.S., that Saddam's Baath will not return in any form, calling for activating and adoption of a law criminalizing the Ba'ath.

The Iraqi Prime Minister citizens to broad participation in the local elections, adding that participating in a message and smacked of enemies. As Maliki reiterated the need to sit the political parties to the dialogue table and patriotism, noting that if we can agree on the love of Iraq to come great strides in the process of construction.

Al-Maliki said «not to participate in the elections as a prelude to the coming judgment canned played Ptalipe outside companies», calling «partners political process to postpone controversial subjects and sit for an agreement on the agreed topics», stressing that «what can not be solved today can be solved in the future»

Independent policy

In a related development, Iraqi Prime Minister that «the vast majority of Iraqis agree that we are better off today than we were under the rule of Saddam's dictatorship.

Maliki said that «Iraq builds now a political system includes everyone, where free elections involving parties are numerous, and we multiracial Government and independent judiciary», indicating that «our GDP is expected to grow at least 9.4 percent annually to reach year 2016, and last year passed the Iran to become the second-largest crude oil producer in OPEC.

As for external relations, Maliki فجدد emphasis that Iraq seeks «to build an independent foreign policy .. We are committed to maintaining a good relationship with our neighbors and نضمر no intentions to repeat Saddam's wars. We extend the hand of friendship to Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait .. Because we share a border with Syria 376 miles in length, and with Iran up to 906 miles in length, it is in our vital interest to keep our relations with these two countries also stable free from feelings of hostility.

Council clans

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki for his quest for the formation of a National Council of Iraqi Tribes be an assistant to the House of Representatives, in what was considered not to participate in elections as a prelude to the coming «rule of canned you Ptalipe outside companies.

Maliki said in a speech during the second conference of the Bani Malik tribe held Rashid Hotel in Baghdad, said that «the goal of the development of the Directorate of dealing with tribes called the Directorate of Tribal Affairs is to rely on grass-roots effort as an adjunct to government effort and Mtlahma him.

He added that «rely on government effort only produces a police state», criticizing «thinking some political partners», pointing saying that some «still thinking mentality coups and other planned because these minds grew at the time of the Baath policy policy coups and this Alluth in their minds do not change ». Statement
    https://www.albayan.ae/one-world/arab...4-11-1.1859934

Who said that America abandoned Iraq? White House supports pay Massoud Barzani, president of Iraq instead of Talabani
    By: Bayyna
    on: Thursday 11/04/2013 03:21 am

BAGHDAD / new evidence
    revealed the source of a senior diplomat from Washington to give the White House the green light to Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani for the post of President of the Republic instead of Jalal Talabani, who is lying in a hospital German for treatment. The source said that the White House has taken this action despite rejection of a strong component of the Sunni Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.
    explained that the Kurdish delegation that visited the United States recently made ​​a number of demands including the idea of taking Barzani presidency to surround Maliki through an agreement with the parliament speaker Osama al-Nujaifi, who on a sharp disagreement also with the Prime Minister. The source pointed out that the first action to be taken by Barzani after assuming the presidency is to withdraw confidence from the Maliki before the end of the year to prevent the next parliamentary elections which in the post of prime minister.
    https://albayyna-new.com/news.php?action=view&id=22063

TWO DATES??????

Thursday, May 30, 1434 April 11, 2013 Issue 12553

Issawi told «Middle East»: if it does not identify al-Maliki to provide quick solutions, the government will fall definitely

Iraqi Finance Minister resigned: Cabinet handed a dossier for embezzling $ 7 billion فأحرقوا ministry

Ramadi: contagious Fayyad
    on the road from Baghdad to the city of Ramadi, capital of Anbar province, to meet Rafie al-Issawi, Minister of Finance resigned leadership of the coalition «Iraq» led by Iyad Allawi - was inevitable traffic tents protesters four months ago in the yard (the splendor and dignity), taken from the international road link between Iraq and Jordan signed.
    Tents stretching a considerable distance The Palmatsaman crowded claimants of their rights 'legitimate' as described, rises above the tents Iraqi flags and not the flags of the former regime, this was binding on all the cars to take a side road adjacent path to continue its flight for a limited distance.

«Middle East» met Issawi in «Palace Mecca», host Sheikh Ahmed Abu Risha, there was tribal Anbar and a number of citizens coming to support al-Issawi, who had announced his resignation from the government in support of the demands of the demonstrators and down upon request, as confirmed, and « pursuance of a decision taken by the (Iraqi National List) collective withdrawal from the government. Issawi said in his dialogue, which is the first for an Arab newspaper since his resignation, that «Omar Iraqi government short, pointing out that« Maliki took advantage of democracy to build a dictatorial regime. The following is the text of the interview:

* What made you provide Astqaltkm?

- I think that all of the known my position in the Council of Ministers and the government was not surprised introduced me my resignation, because I expressed my rejection of crises accumulated in more than one session of the Council of Ministers, both with regard to the security file, or the balance of representation of all components in the ministries and government institutions and security ( balance national) and in particular the security file, and related policies detention, and related files of the Erbil, and then had not been implemented, the government without the defense and interior ministers, and most sensitive organs in the state managed agency, and today there is dominance of partisan sectarian color and one on all security agencies , and there targeting component Sunni Arabs blatantly clear, even in jobs that do not relate to the security services, higher education, for example, and recent meetings in the Council of Ministers witnessed altercations many in this regard, but the minutes of the meetings of the Council of Ministers does not advertise to the public, as happens in the Council of Representatives (Parliament); they remain in the archive, and then came the recent crisis (raid headquarters as finance minister and accusing Hamayate of involvement in terrorist operations), and was for me another crisis fabricated government to escape from the benefits, whether these benefits relate to failure in the security file, or in files services and financial and administrative corruption and approached the provincial elections and then the legislative elections, and therefore the government is not going to solve the crisis, but to اختلاقها. Following the accumulation of these files and grievances, emerged provinces western and northern areas and part of Baghdad and Diyala in the demonstrations and sit-ins large, and came incident overtaking on the protections and the Ministry of Finance, which I served her purse, one of the excesses which coincided Since very early to get out of these demonstrations. In Connect with protesters in the Iraqi street, and found there a curse on government performance and to the participants in the government even from Sunni Arabs, and has become a trend by the protesters that if the government was unable to meet the legitimate demands In less imperative for the minister who brought them votes Sunni Arabs, between brackets, to the Government to express their rejection of this case, and sit yards I thought that the best way to express rejection is to offer the resignation of the ministers.

* Is your decision came commensurate with went Aútlafcm (Iraqi), you consult its leadership, for example?

- Resignation came upon inter practices and accumulations related to the failure of the government in performing its duties, and based on the orientation and the position prior based on the decision of the coalition «Iraq» that all ministers should get out of the government and not to be partners in the abuses performance. Some tarry .. And delayed others. Many of them, in good faith, believed that his presence in the government could achieve the demands of the demonstrators, and another section remained for personal gain, but I did not I could stay with the waiting and not with seeking opportunities to achieve personal gain, for this you choose to stay with the protesters and announced my resignation in the yard «splendor and dignity in Ramadi, then gave Abdul Karim al-Samarrai resigned in the yard of the protesters in Samarra.

* Does necessitate you alone submit your resignation?

- No, I Let it be known that Dr. Saleh al-Mutlaq, the Deputy Prime Minister, when he visited the Square sit-in Ramadi demanded the masses to submit his resignation, chanting a call him «boarded .. Boarded, and drew messages of the sit-ins at the western and northern provinces most demanding ministers to submit their resignations, the fact that this government did not implement what has been agreed upon.

* Is there a resolution to the leadership of Al-Iraqiya submit its ministers to resign from the government?

- Yes .. The official decision for «Iraq» that provides its ministers resigned collective government, and the situation was the timing implementation of the resolution, there was no originally any controversy or debate or objection to the decision, and when I say that there was a thinking in the timing of the implementation of resolution because we are coordinating with the «Sadrists» and «Kurdistan Alliance» about the possibility to be withdrawn Minister of these three blocs («Iraq» and «Kurdistan Alliance» and «Sadrists») together, and this is very similar to a withdrawal of confidence from the government, especially if pulled these blocks three from the ministry.

* It which Okhrkm in «Iraq» on the implementation of your decision to provide originally Astqalatkm?

- Started some brothers in «Iraq» by talking about the possibility of dialogue with the government to implement the files demands the protesters, said: This is possible, with the convictions that the committees formed by the government, whether quintet or Seven, did not go down to the depth of the problem, the root of the problem, but tended superficial solutions such as the release of some detainees who decided to eliminate the previously released their innocence of the charges against them and refused to implement the decision of security agencies released, and this offense.

* But those who justify their return to the Government for the purpose of discussing to achieve the demands of the protesters?

- For me, any AC, did not stay in the government only for the purpose of searching for an opportunity for personal gain.

* Do you mean Saleh al-Mutlaq and Jamal Karbouli?

- Led by Saleh al-Mutlaq. Certainly, Saleh al-Mutlaq and trying to convince them of others. Today I bring Mutlaq government responsibility survival and comeback to resign, if he had described al-Maliki, the Iraqi prime minister, dictatorship, also described as worse than Saddam Hussein, I ask him what an update now? I can not say but it certainly personal choice, but he would not receive acceptance in the Iraqi street.

* Are you thinking of output Mutlaq Al-Iraqiya?

- «Iraqi List» have mechanisms to accept and exit allied with them, and this issue is due to its leadership, and I do not want to anticipate things. I advised Dr. Saleh al-Mutlaq often not risking his reputation and due to the government, and obviously it did not take this advice did not affect it, the right to make the decision that suits him, but our duty to advise them that this decision is not the decision that generates satisfaction Street or accept provinces represented by Mutlaq, so the return to government cost him a lot of losses.

* Do you think that Mutlaq lose Sunni street?

- But lose the Iraqi street Psonth and Shiites, and I think it is difficult for al-Mutlaq to talk about the Shiite street even though he was talking about the national project, because present day in the political process speak Unfortunately for alignments sectarian remains representation Shiite and Sunni and Kurd, and I think that losing would be enormous in Sunni street.

* Do not you think that Khtotkm this came too late, I do not mean to resign, but the withdrawal of Al-Iraqiya from the government?

- .. Did not come late, because it was preceded by steps to withdraw confidence as you know, a few months ago, and also fail the subject of withdrawal of confidence from the government is one of the components of the «Iraqi List» which is still floating near the scenario back to the Government. In the past time, the same group foiled steps confidence, and today there are three main blocks the intersection of government, then the same group in the Al-Iraqiya back to it (the government). I do not want to be harsh by speaking to them, and all I'm saying is that this personal choice.

* Always, we ask you in the «Iraqi List» over Tmaskkm and power Aútlafcm, comes answers from the leader of the coalition, Dr. Iyad Allawi and you as a coalition strong and cohesive and unified .. Is what is happening today is the cohesion, for example, or weakness?

- «Iraqi List» hit and since it won 91 seats in the House of Representatives a list largest in the Iraqi parliament and we are talking about her rights to form a government, came under a torrent massive attempts purchase of receivables, intimidation and intimidation and arrest warrants and the politicization of the judiciary and the use of language files with its members and so on, and such methods successes in every place where you get such attempts, and I do not think that there is a coherent coalition today in the whole of Iraq.

* Coalition «the rule of law is very coherent.

- A coalition «rule of law», power made him together, and if the power will remain there are 3 members only in the Islamic Dawa Party, led by al-Maliki, however my respect for the many members of the «rule of law», wherein people are honest and sons clans and civil society leaders, it brings them together today is they are within the party of power, even reversed their findings in the provincial elections or the upcoming parliamentary elections we will see a different picture. The situation today is not measured it, because people are moving with power, but not necessarily this is not a principled position which is measured by things, sometimes this situation is totally against the authority otherwise there would have been important positions oppositions in the world.

* How would you describe the actions against the leaders of Al-Iraqiya who are Sunni Arabs, such as Tariq al-Hashemi and you Mutlaq for a while, and the threat of withdrawal of confidence from the parliament speaker Osama al-Nujaifi, and attempts to assassinate Allawi with it is not a sectarian Sunni nor?

- Comment on that colon; First: It is reported that Sunni Arabs did not participate in the political process and when they decided to participate became targeted and clear and strong, even if there are in Baghdad who do not want post a only Bmqasath ready, and this will fail inevitably, being can not be designed his opponent and his partner in his own way in all parts of the world. So, who participated were targeted, and this is a very bad message to the so-called government of national partnership, does not make sense to have all the partners in the government of Sunni Arab terrorists? Then why were accepted as long as the head of government of all these files and history of terrorist these partners? So, there was a decision to remove all these partners, I do not know will convince Sunni Arabs as well as Iyad Allawi, a staunch patriots of Iraq and its people and does not believe in sectarianism, to participate. The second point, is that it was said, and by the Erbil, that this government is a government of national partnership, and partnership in strategic decisions, and placed in the Erbil points this review and are not implemented, but were offset by actions contrary, it has been postponed elections by decision of the Prime Minister, did not gets peaceful rotation of power, was the politicization of the judiciary, as was acquitted Medhat al-Mahmoud head of the Federal Court after 48 hours of ejected from office by the Justice and Accountability Commission, and is dealing with the file de «Baath» double standards, and the military has been politicized and become a subsidiary of a particular party, and members of the army firing on demonstrators. All this gives an indication that there is a coup happened on democracy, or as there were no democratic experience, but has to take advantage of the attempt to establish a democratic experience to build a dictatorial regime, and this system was built quietly, and when it emerged people were surprised. So, the first point is that the Prime Minister, Maliki, and his crew, do not want partners, and the second is that we did not know a democratic system allows for one side to achieve what you want and if collided opposition bump into a go to option a military coup, and my advice that in this way defeat fully authenticated.

* Kurds and you and «the Sadrist movement, you have crises with Prime Minister Maliki, however strong government which seems strong, how do you explain that?

- Let me reading through the question to be as follows: for the owners crisis with the Kurds and with «Iraq» and «the Sadrist movement», come my answer that Maliki when used today formalized as commander in chief of the armed forces for the implementation of such partisan him being the Secretary General of the Dawa Party, Vtaqm that turned him in meeting Dawa is the same around the cabinet meeting and if the system overlapping each other, and the use of the military today and politicization and politicization of the judiciary does not make it strong, but these signs of weakness and vulnerability, when he can not apply the democratic system and reassure partners and prints situation does not believe in peaceful rotation of power goes to the military's use , and use next army will generate, either reaction drag the country into the abyss and that is not accepted by any sane person, or generates the convictions of others that this system short-lived, there are major countries fell due Ahtmaúha only Balaskar. So they look strong must build solid democratic institutions, so goes Maliki comes other state and continuing their progress, and this did not happen in Iraq, the Armed Forces in the street and militias to his side, and the state adopt the slogan «rule of law» and Kamal Saadi, leader of the coalition Maliki, attend review gunman militias «League of the Righteous, where law and Where is the democracy? This is not a manifestation of power, but this trick to appear by force.

* What is your expectations of the situation in Iraq, especially as the sit-ins enter the fourth month?

- Expect is that if they are not achieving the demands of the demonstrators legitimate, and if he does not, Mr. Maliki real solutions away from the tactic and play solutions, especially as the crisis expands in the presence of problems for the Prime Minister with the Kurds and Sunni and Shiite Arabs, and if not hasten to provide quick solutions and correct - the government will surely fall.

* There are those who believe that the situation will remain as it is until the next legislative election?

- If the crisis remained unresolved, it will not remain in the government until the next election. May provide government solutions and sits partners with each to discuss, with that there is a crisis real trust between them, I do not think anyone will believe the government without guarantees or swift action to solutions, the government talks about the proposals and solutions is real and managed state by proxy, and failed to set Division Commander authentic but all acting, and failed to appoint the ministers of defense and interior, in conditions of security turbulent and terrorism plucking Iraqi lives in criminal operations, however not resign nor questioned the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, but sheltering scene of sectarian and gives the impression that the issue of interrogation sectarian, and This deception of the people, because the issue is not sectarian, when complaining year he signed them injustices they do not want drag the country into sectarian, but this characterization of the case, when is injustice on the Kurds or Shiites say that this is not sectarian, and we have to ask Maliki what is called the arrest Sunni Arabs and the confidential informant and Sunni Arabs away from security positions, not these sectarian practices by him?

* If you would you describe the practice of government you sectarianism, How تصفونها with the Kurds or with «Sadrists?

- I said that this is part of the problem, but not all, al-Maliki wants to wear a robe sectarian stands Shiite street behind him, and abuses to the Sunni Arabs are not Shiites, but by the authority which offended Shi'ites, and every abuse has taken its own form, but this was the objections of Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr Mr. Ammar al-Hakim on government practices.

* There have been accusations that behind these demonstrations outside agendas and Baathist and terrorist, and there is evidence raising demonstrators to the flags of the former regime.

- I want evidence of any case I got, whether suicide terrorist or a failure of the government or assassination for personal, did not come out the government statement attributed to «base» and «Baath», and these comments off after an accident just before the investigation and find out who is responsible for any accident, and this happened since the demonstrations on February 25 (February 2011) and before and after, and the government is not only waive the demonstrators to the implementation of their legitimate demands, but it accuses of being terrorists and Baathists and implementing foreign agendas. Why do not you sit with the protesters and carry out their demands, a rights demonstrations, and people are not happy worshipers by sitting in the sit-ins yards away from their families and their interests. Either to raise here banner or flag, I say to you that the crowd of hundreds of thousands, and I tried some groups that are inserted in any way and failed, and our convictions we in Anbar province is that of the slogans curious about the spirit of the legitimate demands are lurking, not of the organizers of the demonstrations.

* Is there Baathists in these demonstrations?

- I can not say that there Baathists, but there harmed by the law of de «Baath»; officer Sunni are out of the army, while his counterpart Shiite be returned and Sunni are rejected, as well as a university professor and employee normal, then have only to go out to the street to demonstrate and holds firmly, demanding rights on the basis of the grievances and not on the basis of partisan or ideological.

* Does the decision to arrest was issued by your station?

- I heard this through the media only, though I am not surprised such a decision, especially after the death sentence in absentia on Tareq al-Hashemi, Vice President of the Republic, and by the Adnan al-Dulaimi, who recently released a judicial decision acquitted of the charges of terrorism against him, and the decision media say he was arrested on charges of terrorism, while the Americans in 2008 said in a letter to al-Maliki that he did not prove nothing to do with me with terrorism, and this is in a letter we published on the Internet. Question of the owners is: if he knew terrorism Baalaqta since 2008, he says, how will betray the Ministry of Finance in 2010?! The same question regard Balhashima, and authorized him to keep security files without being detected? I am a doctor and bones involved in the political process to serve the country and will not I will be obedient to the owners.

* Do Khzltm Hashemi not stand him?

- No. Hashemi is still the leaders of Al-Iraqiya, and to stand by him, and the thing that has changed that he could not attend the meetings because of his status, and there are contacts between us.

* Directed you also counts of financial corruption?

- I delivered Maliki file the disappearance of $ 7 billion in the process of misappropriation of a person (...) to open accounts in the bank «good» and «Iraq», and the highest balance has is $ 500, and we have pictures of him in the corridors of the Ministry of Finance, and managed to escape, and handed over the file to the prime minister and asked the national security of prosecution, I no longer answer for a full year, it did not stop at this point, but the ministry was incinerated after scout for this subject. I think I'll get a message of thanks from the Council of Ministers, but they accused me of administrative corruption.

* You accuse the Iraqi judiciary as politicized?

- Let me answer impartially, a large part of the Iraqi judiciary is working with the government, there are judges impartial monitors and respected too, and there are a number of lawyers, with all due respect for the legal profession, belong to the government, admitted in courses quick and graduated judges, and handed them over files judicial mission, and became liberate notes shed capture the way that serves the Prime Minister's Office. All he wants Maliki's coalition implemented the Federal Court, and most of this is that each file is managed by the judiciary found the hands of members of the «rule of law» they offer in press conferences through the TV before working in this file court, we do not know how they got these confidential files ?!

* Do you think, was the price of the occupation of Iraq commensurate with what has been achieved?

- Iraqis have paid a tremendous price without getting something or achieved their ambitions.
    https://www.aawsat.com/details.asp?se...2#.UWX4pJOsiSo

Urgent….Positive atmosphere concludes INA, KA meeting
    Thursday, 11 April 2013 01:53 | | |

Baghdad (AIN) –A statement issued at the end of the meeting of the Iraqi National Alliance (INA) and the Kurdistani Alliance’s delegation mentioned that “The meeting which was held at the headquarter of the INA in Baghdad on Wednesday was characterized by positive and honest atmospheres and both sides will return to meet next Saturday.”

The statement received by AIN stated “The head of INA, Ibrahim al-Jaafary, along with other members of INA received at his office in Baghdad a delegation from the KA, headed by Deputy Premier, Ruz Nouri Shawes.”

“Both sides appreciated the initiatives of both INA and KA of sending delegations to Erbil and Baghdad,” the statement added.
    https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....tical&Itemid=2

Senior Kurdish delegation in Baghdad to discuss the partnership and 3 basic demands with the Shiite alliance
    11-04-2013 | (Voice of Iraq)

Baghdad: Al-Sharq Al-Awsat
    Began a high-level Kurdish delegation yesterday held talks with leaders of the Shiite National Alliance calls among political observers that it is like a Bembagesat 'last chance'. The delegation includes, which began the first of his meetings with the President of the National Alliance Ibrahim al-Jaafari, Rose Nuri Shaways leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party and Deputy Prime Minister Federal withdrawing, and Dr. Fuad Masum, chairman of the Kurdistan Alliance bloc in the Iraqi parliament, and Sardar Abdullah, head of the mass change in the Kurdish parliament, Ali Baber of the Islamic Community.
    According to what has been circulated in political circles Kurdish recently, based as indicated by Kurdish leader, the task of the delegation are not limited to research controversial issues known to their importance, but among the most prominent tasks to determine whether there is a genuine desire in the partnership as agreed it previously. In this context considered spokesman Kurdistan Alliance bloc in the Iraqi parliament, a pro Ok, told the «Middle East», that «it is important to emphasize here that the crucial decisions in Kurdistan does not take one person or one party, but decisions involving all political and social forces and owners experience there, because it does not need to consider all options before making any decision. The good that «Kurds with dialogue, which Ocdoh previously, and they will not resort to agitation or reactions at the level of grant Minister leave or not, but what matters is how are handled things, as things do not address the decisions and statements convulsive» .

At the same level, A member of the Iraqi parliament from the Kurdistan Alliance bloc Chuan Mohamed Taha, in a statement to Asharq Al-Awsat, highlighted the contents of the message carried by the delegation to Baghdad Kurdish leadership. Taha said that «there is two points in the letter Kurdish, the first implementation of the demands constitutional known and recognized in the framework of the Constitution by the government and political partners in the context of the timeframe to be agreed upon, and the second is to provide some things and things tangible on the ground because we honestly come to the stage loss of confidence in the federal government, and therefore we need to what is material or tangible. Taha added that «the political problems that we have suffered over the past period related to drop the concept of partnership by our politicians though our Kurds to remain part of the solution in any Iraqi issue not be part of the problem.

He explained that «there agreements and commitments have been signed, but what we now observe that there are jumping on the constitution, which led to the decline in the relationship between Baghdad and Erbil and reached the stage deterioration in some stages», pointing out that «the Kurdish leadership, particularly President Massoud Barzani as long sent messages and delegations to resolve the issues, which underlines his commitment to remain Iraqi solution and therefore when it came delegation of the National Alliance last week to Erbil was welcomed by Barzani and all the leaders of Kurdistan, but I can say that the evaluation was on the level of formality and not essence ». He added that «what is happening is not just a passing errors, and therefore the exchange of visits and delegations might not be the right solution always stay with approach control and exclusivity in the political decision is prevalent.

In response to a question about the most demanded by the Kurds now to return to the government and parliament Taha said that «the Kurdish position this time very serious, and therefore we want from the government and al-Maliki personally to put Article 140 in the context of implementation within the framework of its powers, and the same applies to Peshmerga issue is also one of his powers, and raise the penalty clause in the budget in case you can not KRG to export the agreed amount of oil.

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2Q7NaUsUR

No third term to Barzani, Kurdish opposition
    4/10/2013 6:18 PM

ARBIL/ Aswat al-Iraq: Kurdish opposition forces rejected granting an extension or a third term to Kurdish President Masoud Barzani, calling to respect the law that limits the term in two periods.

In breaking news by the opposition sites, the three main Kurdish opposition forces (Change Movement, Islamic Federation and the Islamic Group) decided today to respect the dating of the elections and conducting provincial elections which were not implemented for the last eight years.

The opposition called for the implementation of "political reforms and not neglecting parliamentary reform resolutions, which are "the basic demands of the Kurdish people in the region".
    The opposition parties met in Sulaimaniya to reply for the call of the two main Kurdish parties for the extension or renewing the presidency term of Barzani.

https://en.aswataliraq.info/(S(ucy30c...&id=152964&l=1

Iraqi Speaker: Maliki Could Resort
    To Military Force Against Opponents

By: Ali Abel Sadah for Al-Monitor Iraq Pulse Posted on April 10.

Iraqi Parliament Speaker Osama al-Nujaifi believes that the Iraqi government's position on the revolution in Syria will make it an enemy of the Syrian people, and that it should reconsider its support for the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as soon as possible

Summary :
    Iraqi Parliament Speaker Osama al-Nujaifi criticizes Baghdad’s support for Syrian President Assad's regime, and notes that Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki could resort to using military force against demonstrators.
    Original Title:
    Nujaifi: Maliki Might Resort to a Military Option Against his Opponents
    Author: Ali Abel Sadah
    Translated by: Tyler Huffman

Categories :Originals Iraq

Regarding Iraq's internal affairs, Nujaifi calls for early elections, but not according to the government's terms. He calls on the government to disband, to be replaced by a reduced government that will oversee fair elections.

Nujaifi also expressed his surprise that Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki was able to gain the support of Iran and the US for his government, and said that there is most likely a confidential strategic agreement on this matter.

Regarding the demonstrations taking place in Sunni provinces, Nujaifi said they will continue until justice is achieved in the country. He said the government would likely resort to suppressing these protests militarily, and may liquidate the movements' leaders through arrests and assassinations.

The text of the interview Al-Monitor conducted with Nujaifi in Baghdad:

Al-Monitor: What is your reading of the situation in neighboring Syria? And to what extent is Iraq affected by what happens there?

Nujaifi: The situation in Syria is very complex. The battle there is both international and regional, and all parties are using the Syrian people in the war. However, I think there are two clear camps. The first is the Assad regime, along with Iran and Russia. In many ways Iraq is aligned with this camp, and in particular Baghdad agrees with the Iranian viewpoint regarding the revolution. This does not mean that this position represents all of Iraq, but rather it merely expresses the view of a section of Iraqi officials. The second camp is represented by most other nations, both in the Arab world and the West.

Al-Monitor: ​What about extremism and the rise of radical currents in Syria? Is this the precise thing that Maliki's government is worried about?

Nujaifi: Unfortunately this situation in unprecedented. Usually, popular revolutions take on a nationalist nature, the ruler steps down from power under opposition pressure and then there is international interference by means of decisions and procedures that result in bloodshed. Syria is now witnessing the presence of various factors that may cause the world to panic and worry about the future of peace in the region. Extremism has begun to spread, and I believe that one of the most important negative consequences of this is a delay in a military resolution. Let's not forget that the obstruction of steps to provide humanitarian aid has harmed the Syrian people. At this time — while the regime continues to use its powerful military machine — it seems that more than ever the Syrian people need the international community to intervene and come to an agreement regarding the future composition of Syria — i.e., what will the country be like and how can we reassure the world of the country's situation following the fall of Assad? This requires the serious cooperation of Syrians in their struggle against oppression.

Al-Monitor: ​So the fear of extremists is justified?

Nujaifi: The thing is … dictatorships produce extremism and their policies lead to the emergence of extremist movements. Torture in prisons, murder, denying one's right to freedom of belief and repressing the free will of the people will only result in more extremist opposition. The climate produced by the Assad regime has allowed for underground work to form secret organizations. This is what is going on, for anyone who wants to talk about extremism. The revolution, however, began peacefully, and this too was suppressed by arms. Afterward, the revolutionaries were forced to respond with arms, at least to protect themselves. And in this transformation outside interference occurred here and there. I am convinced that talk about extremism in Syria is exaggerated. Perhaps this exaggeration and these scare tactics are aimed at stalling a solution in Syria. The so-called Jabhat al-Nusra and Farouq Brigades only constitute a small part of the armed revolution there. According to the information I have, these fighters only represent 5% of rebels.

Al-Monitor: ​But US Ambassador to Damascus Robert Ford told me in a press meeting that Jabhat al-Nusra makes up a third of the fighters in Syria?

Nujaifi: This is his opinion. But I'm telling you that my information indicates that they represent a smaller proportion than what you were told. Moreover, [these groups] only operate in specific regions, and the bulk of the revolution comprises the Syrian people and the masses demanding freedom. The latter group does not espouse extremist beliefs, nor do they support taking revenge against other sects in the country. This does not exist in Syria. But today, unfortunately, there are those who want to turn Syria into a sectarian battleground ending in division and chaos. In light of a delayed solution, increased armed support, and the parties insisting on their positions, the solution must first focus on relieving the suffering of the Syrian people, which has reached untold limits.

Al-Monitor: ​The Syrian revolution has had societal repercussions in Iraq. There are non-Syrian Shiite fighters defending Shiite shrines in Damascus, and on the other hand, there are Sunnis [in Iraq] who support their counterparts against Assad. How do you see this overlap and what are the dangers?

Nujaifi: No … We are with the Syrian people and support replacing the current regime with a nationalist, democratic regime. However, this will not be achieved unless the international community takes the fastest way to reach this goal.

Al-Monitor: ​Do you mean the military option?

Nujaifi: Intervention is needed, it will allow the Syrian people to choose their leadership and their government through fair elections. This is the right path, but the equation is now unbalanced. The regime in Damascus is supported by aircraft, tanks, cluster bombs and chemical weapons, while the rebels are fighting with machine guns, pistols, and any light weaponry they can get their hands on. There is no real, substantial support for the Syrian people and the Free Syrian Army. The most powerful weapons they have are those they have captured during military operations; They do not have high-quality weapons or weapons from abroad. [Any foreign weapons] that are in Syria are light weapons. So I say, we must do everything we can to support the Syrian people against the regime, which has proven that it lacks legitimacy.

Al-Monitor: ​There are some who say that those who oppose the Iraqi government's position on Syria are supporting extremists ...

Nujaifi: Not at all … When we say that we support the revolution, this does not in any way mean that we support extremists. There is something that we must keep in mind: Extremists groups cannot rule Syria after the fall of Assad. These groups will not get any international support and do not have the necessary components to be at the helm of power. These groups are now fighting, and you can't make judgments based on a group that represents the extremes of the revolution and not its essence.

Al-Monitor: ​What about terrorism that is being transferred to Iraq from Syria?

Nujaifi: I do not agree with this assertion. It's very simple, supporting the Syrian revolution will make the Syrian people and the [future] democratic regime a friend of Iraq. I think that talk of terrorism being imported to Iraq is being used as a pretext by the Iraqi government to move its military forces inside Iraq, suppress [protests] in some provinces, and cancel local elections.

Al-Monitor: ​Do you mean that the Syrian revolution is now hostile to the government in Baghdad?

Nujaifi: The government's official position is rejected by the rebels in Syria. There are concerns that Iraq is allowing for the transport of weapons [to the Syrian regime] via Iranian aircraft, or that Baghdad is allowing fighters in support of Assad to enter through land. There are many statements on this subject, and the international community has evidence to prove it.

Al-Monitor: ​The issue of Iranian aircraft was at the center of US Secretary of State John Kerry's visit; he spoke with Maliki about the need to inspect these planes.

Nujaifi: Yes …The government promised to do this. But I doubt Washington's seriousness in putting pressure on Baghdad to prevent the movement of weapons. [Washington] is neglecting this issue, and I don't know if this neglect is deliberate.

Al-Monitor: ​But on the other hand there are parties that provide support to the opposition by way of arms?

Nujaifi: I told you earlier that all [Iraqi political] parties reject supporting one party over another. But what matters is Iraq's position, which is giving a negative image via its dealings with the Syrian people. The relationship between the two will certainly be negative if this policy continues. I hope that the Iraqi government will reexamine its position as soon as possible.

Al-Monitor: ​Do the repercussions of the Syrian revolution feed the sectarian divide in Iraq?

Nujaifi: There are internal factors in Iraq that have fed division, even before the outbreak of the Syrian revolution. These factors discriminate against and marginalize certain components of Iraqi society, and the structure of rule in Iraq favors certain sects over others. I think that Baghdad's position on the demonstrations that have occurred in several provinces has led to an increase in disputes in Iraq.

Al-Monitor: ​Regarding Iraq's internal affairs, it seems that the political crisis that erupted following Sunni protests against Maliki's government have not yet seen a solution. What is your reading of the future of these demonstrations?

Nujaifi: These protests erupted after long suffering and great frustration as a result of the failure to achieve desired justice. Over the past few years, Iraqi politicians have tried to achieve things through constitutional mechanisms, but their partners in power have not heeded their demands. These partners continue on their path of exclusion, try to limit the nature and identity of the regime, and force other parties into submission. The demonstrators have no confidence in the government and will continue to protest against the government's approach, especially given that they have found support with a number of political forces whose leaders are present today at the scene of protests.

Al-Monitor: ​Yet protestors are not united to such a degree. There are reports that al-Qaeda and the Baath Party have infiltrated these protests, and thus the government is afraid of the risk such factions pose.

Nujaifi: These are popular demonstrations, meaning they were not propelled, planned or organized by political parties. The public is angry, and is open to any party that wants to express its anger at the government. It's only natural that we see banners or slogans coming from this or that party. But I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of demonstrations are non-politicized; protestors believe in these legitimate demands and are calling for a state based on citizenship. Every Friday they agreed upon their chants. They have formed coordination committees to hold debates and unify the demonstrators' demands. Regarding the extremists and radicals, they are few and comprise only a small part of the demonstration forces.

Al-Monitor: ​Where are demonstrations in Anbar and Mosul heading?

Nujaifi: They will continue until the government comes down from its ivory tower and agrees to negotiate with the protestors.

Al-Monitor: ​What if the government refuses? Will they demand the fall of the regime?

Nujaifi: No one wants to demolish everything that has been built. Repealing the constitution or toppling the regime are complicated matters and unrealistic — we do not support this. But if the government insists on its position, then overthrowing it is a constitutional matter.

Al-Monitor: ​But the government says it is working to meet the demands of the protestors?

Nujaifi: No … To this day, the government has not made any concessions to the protestors. It has formed committees to study the demands of the angry public, but it only did this to give the impression that it is doing something. While the committees that the prime minister formed have said that they intend to amend laws and announced the release of prisoners, they have revealed more facts than they have carried out work. They revealed the extent of injustice, repression and exclusion that exists in Iraq, when information emerged regarding what was happening in prisons. For example, it was announced that a prisoner had remained in his cell without legal papers or an investigation. Protesters do not want partial solutions. They are demanding that all sects and components have an equal share in power.

Al-Monitor: ​This means that the parties to conflict in Iraq do not have a common ground for dialogue. On this basis, what are your views on the future of the crisis?

Nujaifi: The government is not working toward a solution; it is working on complicating matters. It could be preparing for military action against the protestors, or could cancel elections and eliminate political leaders. Today, there are signs that this is happening, for a number of opposition figures have been arrested or assassinated. In fact, I'm not optimistic … the situation is unstable.

Al-Monitor: ​It seems that Iraqi political parties agree that the partnership launched by the Erbil Agreement in 2011 is almost dead. In light of increasing tensions and dangerous prospects, everyone is asking: What is the solution?

Nujaifi: A constitutional solution is preferable, in order to avoid these dangerous prospects. The US secretary of state asked me the same question, he said, "What is the solution?" I told him the solution is early elections, but according to certain conditions and regulations.

Al-Monitor: ​But Maliki is calling for the same thing. Why has this option not been carried out?

Nujaifi: No. First and foremost, Maliki called for the dissolution of Parliament. This would cause Iraq to lose one of its fundamental pillars, allowing the government to do as it pleases without censorship. During this period, [Maliki's] partners in power would be targeted with various accusations, and the judiciary — which Maliki controls — would be brought into this game. Thus, the prime minister could choose new partners based on his own desires. A majority government would be formed, with a Shiite majority and few Sunnis and Kurds. As for us, we want the government itself to be dissolved before the elections, and a reduced government to be formed in which members do not nominate themselves. Their only mission would be ensuring and overseeing fair elections. After that we would dissolve parliament and go to the ballot boxes.

Al-Monitor: ​Yet the opposition has failed to withdraw confidence from Maliki. Do you think it would be easy to task a reduced government with overseeing the elections?

Nujaifi: Maliki's policies are destroying Iraq in the long run. The failed attempts to withdraw confidence in him do not mean that Iraqis are satisfied with their ruler, but that they respect him and support the principle of justice. I think that Maliki is supported internationally; it is clear that he is supported by Iran and the United States.

Al-Monitor: ​How so? Is this not a paradox?

Nujaifi: That's what I said to Mr. Kerry. How did adversaries come together to support the Iraqi prime minister? Maybe there is a strategic agreement we don't know about. But this much is clear, while this is happening, Maliki is ruling the country by himself, using the army and the police. He alone is in charge of security, he controls the judiciary and it is he who decides who is guilty and who is innocent. This is not the change that we wanted. The situation is bad, and I heard from Kerry that the Iraqi experience is collapsing before our eyes.

Ali Abel Sadah is a writer and journalist from Baghdad working in both Iraqi and Arab media. He was managing editor for local newspapers, as well as a political and cultural reporter for over 10 years.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...#ixzz2Q7TqnpEe

Iran Gets First Ever Kurdish Presidential Hopeful
    by FUAD HAQIQI 9 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Iran’s first ever ethnically Kurdish presidential hopeful is counting on the votes of the young, and those of the country’s Kurdish minority. But first, he has to get the green light to run by Iran’s conservative Guardian Council.

“I will have 80 percent of the Kurdish votes due to the Kurdish national cause,” said Seyed Mohammed Bayatiyan, who is planning on running in the June election, the eleventh presidential polls since Iran’s 1979 Islamic revolution. Kurdish support, he says, should win him seven million votes.

“The post revolution’s third generation has been ignored, even though they can run the country very well,” Bayatiyan told Rudaw, adding that if he wins he will pay special attention to Iran’s northern Kurdish regions.

Bayatiyan, a Shiite Kurd who represents the district of Bijar in Iran’s Kurdistan province in parliament, holds a master’s degree and before being elected to the legislature was a professor at the Imam Khomeini University in Qazvin.

But he must still await the approval of the Guardian Council, which will determine if he has the constitutional qualifications to run, including experience as a politician.

Bayatiyan insists on implementation of all the constitutional provisions and says “the right to use the mother tongue is an undisputable right of not only the Kurds but all the other Iranian ethnic groups.”

He said that Kurdish representatives in parliament have sent two letters to Iran’s Ministry of Islamic Guidance, asking that Kurdish children learn their ethnic language in school, besides the Persian language that they are currently taught.

Bayatiyan said he believed that Iraq’s prosperous and autonomous Kurdistan Region is an excellent gateway for Iranian investment and economy. “The Iranian Kurds have more right than anyone else to invest in Iraqi Kurdistan,” he said.

Bayatiyan was born in Bijar district in 1973. His father, the founder of the paramilitary Revolutionary Guards in the district, was killed by Kurdish Peshmarga forces.

From 1999 to 2006, Bayatiyan was the general secretary of the Iranian Islamic Council.

So far, 35 nominees have announced their nominations for the Iranian presidency.

Iraqi Kurdistan’s Premier Played Key Role in Turkey-PKK Talks, Official Says
    by 9 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Iraqi Kurdistan’s Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani played a key role in starting the historic peace talks between Turkey and its separatist Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), said a Kurdish official involved in the negotiations.

PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan, who has been jailed on Turkey’s Imrali island ever since he was captured in 1999, called on his fighters last month to lay down their arms, ending a three-decade war that has claimed an estimated 40,000 lives nationwide.

“Barzani was able to untie the knot between Ankara and Imrali,” said Muhammad Penjweni, a member of the Kurdish National Congress (KNK), which has close ties to the PKK and Ocalan.

Penjweni said it was Barzani who convinced Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to start direct negotiations with Ocalan. He told Rudaw that he accompanied Barzani five months ago to the Qandil Mountain in Iraqi Kurdistan, where the PKK’s leadership is based.

“Barzani told the PKK leadership in Qandil that he would convince the Turkish government to directly negotiate with their imprisoned leader if they, in return, give him assurance that they would trust and abide by his decisions,” Penjweni said.

Barzani warned them that he is not willing to start a process whose end result he is not sure of,” Penjweni said.

He added that the talks got rolling after Barzani suggested that Erdogan bring Ocalan on board to try and end a hunger strike by hundreds of Kurdish inmates, launched in Turkish prisons last September to demand an end to Ocalan’s solitary confinement, and permission to use the Kurdish language in Turkish courts.

“Even though the Turkish PM didn’t have much faith in the plan, he still sent someone to Ocalan to convince him to call on the prisoners to end their strike,” Penjweni revealed. “To Erdogan’s surprise, the plan worked and the prisoners ended their strike,” he said.

Similar peace talks failed five years ago, after three years of constant negotiations involving the Turkish intelligence agency (MIT), Ocalan and the PKK leadership in Norway.

This time, hopes are high for a new era of political dialogue, and a solution for the long-standing conflict.

In a joint intelligence operation 14 years ago, Ocalan was captured in Nairobi, and returned to Turkey where he was sentenced to life in prison for treason.

“Just a few days before he was captured, Ocalan and I were together in Italy where he briefed me about his plan to go to South Africa to see (former South African leader) Nelson Mandela,” Penjweni disclosed.

https://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/10042013

*** SEARCHING RANDOMLY SOUNDS LIKE A CONTRIVED EFFORT. WHY NOT SEARCH THEM ALL ? ***

Third Iranian plane bound to Syria searched
    10/04/2013 23:34:00

Baghdad (NINA) – Advisor to the Minister of Transportation, Kareem al-Nuri, said that Iraqi authorities searched on Wednesday evening, Apr. 10, an Iranian plane, the third in one week, while on its way to Syria.

Nuri told NINA that the Iranian plane, bound to Syria, was unexpectedly searched, is is the third in this week, and found out that it was carrying medical and foodstuff material.

He added that Iraqi authorities will continue this measure randomly, abiding with international demands in this regard.

Earlier, Transport Minister, Hadi al-Amiri, affirmed that Iraq is committed not to allow Iranian planes carry military material that would support Syrian regime in its fight with the opposition.

Amiri added that he personally will randomly carry out the search of Iranian planes crossing Iraq's air space toward Syria, pointing out that this measure is not in response to the US Secretary of State, John Kerry, but it is a sovereign Iraqi decision.

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GHFDHD