Highlighting/coloring the links isn't mandatory. We have editors who do that for you. But if you're technically saavy, or enjoy learning new skills, here is a tutorial that will walk you through the process.
LINKS: As much as possible, links should point to DU Forum and keep our folks safe at home, as Poppy says! You don't have to correct outside links (it's ok if you want to) ... HOWEVER ... if a link is provided to an outside source, please do not C/B/I (see below) .. the link will still work, it just won't draw attention.
Editing DU links:
FIRST, COPY THE LINK TO BE INSERTED, THEN OPEN THE POST ('EDIT POST' button) TO EDIT THE LINK
NEXT, TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO TO VISUALLY REVIEW THE EDIT TOOLS AT THE TOP OF THE POST.
In WYSIWYG mode (white A/A button = WYSIWYG, blue = source mode):
1. Find* and Highlight the entire link 'text' as posted in chat log (don't worry if it's abbreviated or cut short)
2. If part of the link was blue already, we remove the broken link (in tool bar: click the blue circle, red x)
3. With text still highlighted, Link the article (in tool bar: click the blue circle). You will get a popup--this is where you paste in the full URL.
4. click Save in the popup box (not the entire post)
5. With the text still highlighted:
(C) Color Use color drop down and choose BLUE (not navy, medium or light)
(B) Apply Bold
(I) Apply Italics
For best results, always follow this order … Correct the Link, then C/B/I
6. Repeat for any other links in the post and then SAVE the entire post.
*Want to find all the DU links? Use the Find feature on your browser (usually in the Edit menu or in a drop down list top right on some browsers). Just enter the text you want to find (ex: dinarup) and it will highlight on the page. Safari browser even tells you how many times it is found on a given page.
Last edited by Mona Lisa; 03-10-2013 at 07:27 PM.
If you think today is good, just wait til tomorrow!!