" The Dinar Daily " ..... Tuesday, 26 March 2013
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " The Dinar Daily " ..... Tuesday, 26 March 2013

" The Dinar Daily " ..... Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Ahrar Bloc: Sadrist Minister attends Tuesday's Cabinet session to deliver Sadr's 4 points
    25/03/2013 22:19:00

Baghdad (NINA) – Ahrar Bloc said that one of its ministers will attend Tuesday's Ministerial Session to deliver the Sadrist Leader, Muqtada al-Sadr, conditions for the Trend's ministers return.

In a statement to the press on Monday, March 25, the Bloc's leader, Baha al-Araji, said that Sadr's four-point conditions for the return of his ministers to attend Cabinet's sessions. The Conditions include forming a security committee charged with the issue of postponing elections in some provinces, without neglecting the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) role, writing the Cabinet's bylaw to limit dictatorial tendency, fulfilling the protestors' legitimate demands and re-establishing national unity by bringing all around dialogue table.

Araji pointed out that if Sadr's points accepted then the Sadrist Trend minister will resume attending Cabinet sessions.

Last week, the Sadrist Trend ministers suspended attending the Cabinet's sessions in protest of postponing elections in Anbar and Niniveh provinces.

The Cabinet is to meet on Tuesday to discuss the protestors' demands.

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GGLLMD

Damalouji: Iraqiya continues boycotting the Cabinet's sessions until demands of protestors met
    25/03/2013 22:02:00

Baghdad (NINA) – Iraqiya Alliance said that it will continue boycotting the Cabinet's sessions until all legitimate demands of political forces and protestors met.

In a statement to the press on Monday, March 25, Iraqiya Alliance's Spokesperson, Maysoun al-Damalouji, said that Iraqiya Alliance will continue boycotting the Council of Ministers' sessions and join forces with the political process partners, mainly Ahrar Trend and Kurdish Alliance. It will not go back on its decision until constitutional demands of the major political forces and protestors are being met.

Damalouji added that Iraqiya Alliance has severed its relations with the Minister of Electricity, who failed to provide electricity and failed his commitment to abide by Iraqiya's decision, who made him minister.

She went on saying that Iraqiya condemns irresponsible and unconstitutional decisions, taken in the absence of bylaw organizing the Cabinet's work.

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GGLLLI

Tahir: No justification for keeping on boycotting parliament sessions by some blocs
    Monday, 25 March 2013 22:40 | | |

Baghdad (AIN) –Independent MP, Abdul Khudhur Tahir, stressed that keeping on boycotting the parliament sessions by some blocs is no more justified.

He stated to AIN “Every side creates its own justifications for boycotting the parliament sessions to accomplish its interests.”

“Most of the demonstrators’ demands are to be solved through legislations by the parliament rather than the demonstrations,” he added.

He called “All sides to solve the crisis and to avoid insisting on creating new crises.”

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....tical&Itemid=2

CBS: two hours of heated debate between Kerry and al-Maliki about the lion did not lead to a result
    26-03-2013 | (Voice of Iraq)

Translation term
    According to CBS News that about two hours of "heated debate" did not lead to an agreement between the U.S. Secretary of State and the Prime Minister of Iraq on flights Iranian cross-domain Iraqi, warned against Kerry-Maliki that influence Iraqi in Syria in the future will be limited, if not deliberately Baghdad to take steps to stop Iranian aid to Damascus.
    The network said that U.S. Secretary of State told Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said Iraq should take steps to stop the flow of Iranian weapons and militants to Syria through Iraqi airspace. But almost two hours of "heated debate" between Kerry and Maliki did not produce any immediate agreement. And attached to the network by saying that the United States believes that Iraq allow Iran to use its airspace to deliver weapons to the Assad regime on an almost daily basis. In a press conference held after the meeting, John Kerry said that flights from Iran "problematic" and that it "helps to keep President Assad and his regime." Kerry said he had agreed to provide the Iraqi government with more information on the Iranian flights and deadly cargoes. But the Iraqi government confirms that the Iranian aircraft movement of humanitarian aid only. The network said a senior U.S. official, unnamed, John Kerry was accompanied on the trip said that intelligence information "real" contradict this claim, but refused to give details of how they got this information or how it happened many Iranian flights.
    He also noted U.S. Secretary of State that there are members of Congress and others, "watching increasingly about what he does Iraq."
    The network felt that Kerry's remarks this brings to mind what Kerry said when he was a senator last September that Congress should consider regarding American aid for Iraq on the basis of Iraqi response. The network indicated that Kerry's visit to Iraq, his first in office, comes amid concern of diminishing American influence and the increasing approach of the government of Prime Minister Maliki to neighboring Iran. The network added that al-Maliki has long relationships with Iranian and Syrian officials when an opponent. He has built relationships that during the seventies in an effort to get help overthrow of Saddam's regime. Since he became al-Maliki as prime minister, proved to be useful in relations strengthen his grip on power. However, there are problematic for the United States and its efforts to isolate Iran and cut off the regime of Bashar al-Assad. The network says that the United States believes that the Iranian army and fighters backed by Iran, such as Hezbollah fought alongside the army Bashar Assad over the past two years of civil war in Syria. The United States is also concerned that al Qaeda militants entering Syria across the Iraqi border.
    The network quotes a U.S. official described بالكبير saying that recent clashes between a group of al-Qaida in Iraq and members of the Syrian army is evidence of the breadth of what is happening in Syria.
    The network said that Prime Minister Maliki had publicly expressed his fears that the fall of the Assad regime would cause a political vacuum, and the possible spread of sectarian tensions and violence of civil war in Syria into Iraq. The network continues saying that Kerry, during his meetings in Baghdad, Prime Minister Maliki warned that Iraq's influence in the future of Syria will be limited unless his government is working to cut support for the Assad regime.
    She drew the network, referring to the decline of American influence, that the United States does not currently maintains military forces in Iraq and U.S. diplomatic presence also declined. The U.S. Embassy, ​​which is the largest diplomatic compound in the world, had made a cut on its cadres. By the end of 2013, number of employees will be 5 100 all Direct staff for the U.S. government. And there were 16 thousand workers at the embassy in the past year.

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2OcHZQuEJ

Sources (morning): next week will an expanded political meetings

Baghdad, Alaa al-Tai
    Government sources revealed for open channels of communication between the national and Kurdistan and get positive meetings confirms the willingness of the parties to dialogue and activating the partnership, announcing an extended hold meetings of political forces next week.
    In this regard, MP for the coalition of state law, Abbas al-Bayati, in an interview »Center Brief for the Iraqi Media Network» for meetings and contacts positive between Baghdad and Erbil by the President of the National Alliance Ibrahim al-Jaafari and President of the Supreme Council Ammar al-Hakim with the region's president and leaders of the Kurdistan Alliance led to calm discourse Media and the commitment of all a prelude to an extended hold meetings early next week.
    Al-Bayati said that «communicate with political parties in general continues to absorb the problems have exacerbated the crisis and act in accordance with the Constitution and the law to resolve political differences«.
    Observers warned of faltering political process in reference to the importance of taking real steps toward real reforms are made through a serious and responsible dialogue with the support components to participate in the political process, taking into account the legal and constitutional standards in resolving differences.
    He went MP for the coalition of state law in his speech that «the solution as we believe in the initiative that brings the parties that need to be flexible and expanded to include dialogues proposals and the mechanics of the solution and translated into practical steps to Halhh crisis.
    This is counting points and the general political efforts personalities acceptable to everyone to save the political scene, which could be interpreted to him, observers expressed fears of the collapse of what has been built from the foundations of democracy.
    Sources in the National Alliance that contacts conducted by the Chairman of the National Alliance and head of the Islamic Supreme Council with the Kurdistan Alliance and the rest of the parties recently stressed the importance of dialogue also adopted messages need to end the political crisis which was welcomed greatly. Across Bayati hope that restores the Council of Ministers meeting in the presence of All the ministers who suspended their attendance to meetings and recently announced the withdrawal in a reference to the importance of unifying the positions and work to end the crisis and awareness of the seriousness of the stage.
    He said «that everyone is aware of the seriousness of stage which requires putting the partial differences aside and solve problems constitutionally and legally and keep the institutions operate without interruption because it represents the interests of the state and a private citizen concerned with services and economic and development policy.
    Political sources said recently that Kerry's visit fruitful and achieved economic and political agreements and discussed the developments in Iraq, as she poured in the framework of strengthening cooperation with the United States and reiterated America's commitment to strategic partnership and in accordance with the Convention.
    In the meantime, sources close to the government said the regional differences on attitudes in the region were present at the talks with the American side, but he Regarding the Iraqi file, the two sides agreed on the need to ensure the success of the political process.
    The meetings dealt discuss the political situation and the challenges facing the country, where the U.S. side reiterated his belief in the success of the democratic process in Iraq and that dialogue is the only way of understanding and out of the crisis and called on all parties to exercise patience to keep the foundations of democracy.
    In the meantime expressed leaders of the Iraqi List concern the lack of practical solutions to the crisis and the weak response of government agencies in dealing with the demands of the demonstrators, which led to find paths of the political process and the slow democratization desired and non-implementation of the political agreements between the partners what reason a clear flaw in the concept of national unity and troubled in the partnership process, referring to the need for the State to democracy, equality and justice and law enforcement and rule of separation of powers and independence of the independent bodies and not to politicize the army and the security services and achieving the desired balance.
    For his part, MP for the Iraqi List, Hamza Alkrtani in an interview »Center Brief for the Iraqi Media Network» that the escalation in the demands recently came against the backdrop weak government response in dealing with the demands preliminary protesters noting »if the measures being taken are true to the worsening situation and arrived at What we have today is blaming the government and the executive bodies responsible for winning escalation.
    He Alkrtani out of the current crisis «We must override the voice of the wise and sensible and overcome political differences after taking framework Ascending demands in the presence of regional and international agendas trying to foment strife in Iraq and tampering with the future of Iraq.
    He should deal wisely with the protests and documented plan toward the end of the differences and to instruct the political blocs to push for approval of the relevant laws and ease the passage of legislation, including accountability, justice and forgiveness and Article 4 terrorism.
    He stressed Alkrtani on the independence of the judiciary on the grounds that one of the most important reasons for achieving social justice, saying «We feel that the judiciary is politicized and unfair as that security institutions are not neutral and have practices outside powers, which offended the state in general.

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2OcIIkPLP

Muqtada al-Sadr to review, at a meeting with his views explicit term in politics and religion and "rein dictator"

Interview conducted in Beirut: Sarmad al-Tai

Meeting in the chest (Section I):
    It is one of the most difficult political meetings and most exciting in my experience with the religious centers of power, social and political in 16 years of writing. Perhaps you are among a number of observers, the most enthusiastic to monitor the scion of a family of al-Sadr, which has been since the end of the Abbasid era, at the forefront of the major events in Iraq, Iran and Lebanon.
    Since he went to Erbil in May 2012 as an event startle many, and I ask your office to meet draw a recognizable face to face, and answer delayed.Even surprised me by the end of last month and at the end of a hard day's work, contact mannered young illustrious Ahmed al-Sadr, the son of the martyr Mustafa Muhammad Sadiq al-Sadr. Asks: Do you come to meet Sayyed? Agip I: Sure. Says: Even if the deadline after a few hours in Beirut? I ask and I am in Baghdad: how? Then take care of the rest, and arranges travel faster tried it in my life.
    Within hours, I find myself in a meeting with al-Sadr and some members of his family are "the rest of the sword", and a number of young people who represent the leadership of the Sadrist movement. He noted it seemed to me, I am waiting for the "explore" the atmosphere may be lost in the many big questions, did not leave me drowning in silence. And Xjah touched everyone in the family of al-Sadr, claimed the raises cost and teasing Gelash humbly and intelligence, then turns to me and asks: say you insist on cash brother Nuri al-Maliki every day "Weah Handk Maliki?". Then moderate in its asking himself firmly and voice we hear all "I, too, Handa Weah Maliki?" And opens the door to talk about the extreme necessity Calendar, and should not be silent, saying that there is an opportunity for the Prime Minister to listen to an interview with objectors who are keen on the new experience.
    The adult leader in the current notified that I "I am not a stranger." I found myself inside the discussions (with no red line) are between him and the leaders young, and took يفضفض and make opinions remained suppressed on stream Iran reformist Mohammad Khatami "smelting family chest" and the crisis of Syria and his vision of Western civilization and the type of books that يطالعها, and his passion for style novel "Azazel "Egyptian Youssef Zeidan she talks about Christian monk hamstrung by questions of theology and mental shocks philosophy.
    Sadr said: We represent a liberal trend is clear, and write at the same time for your positions with joy, especially try to bridge the sectarian divide in crisis demonstrations in the western region, and you are the leader of Movement for the controversial and widely when Islamists and secularists. Amid the silence of most of the Sadrists leaders and their leader, clearest voice.
    I did not find it, nor his political team, any Sdod. But they appeared ready to launch a large opening to the "other cultural", with the same enthusiasm that get them to Arbil, about a year ago as he was attending with Iraqi Kurdistan and the reason for the completion of the first political alliance transient barrier nationalism, caste and ideology.
    Yes, it seems Sadr in his statements and positions, and Holy reader C_lemsh in his interview with the "long" here, a rare opportunity to meet between the sects. His break more than forbidden, and violates more than a tradition, and the audacity to tell the new lock in his entire family. But is expected to be reciprocated others the courage or risk itself, an opportunity to launch the first major dialogue between the two communities, and national groups, serve as an input to all other components and currents. The most important in all of this pick a launch opportunity much later dialogue between religious and secular.
    I tell him that we are waiting to hear a lot from him. It is: "I am also willing to talk., But I refuse along the line talking to newspapers, and limit myself to permit television or written statement, a request for the accuracy and careful of distortion to say." I respond I am trying to assess the religious and social responsibilities: I will leave no more questions and I keep waiting for the answer, and will publish what you write literally. The first response to the request like this, and it was this dialogue that we publish today's first section, which includes more than a surprise, and more frank opinion published for the first time and open a serious debate and fate, far from luxury.
    This dialogue published in an exciting moment. AC described radicalism, has for the first time understanding a large and enthusiastic him in the cultural milieu and academic and social prominent names, looking for partnership "civil religion" in support of political pluralism and cultural diversity in Iraq and try to answer the question: How should prevent the emergence of a dictator last?
    The bet was so big, and will widen circle of understanding the bigger surprises. Valtiar and its leader, youth of that generation Iraqi who opened his eyes to the great scourges of war. Sadr was born early seventies, belongs to our generation who has not seen nothing but "all wars", and started the day pass gates responsible authority and opposed a policy maker. The Sadrist movement is more than just a party. It is the face senior Iraqi generation today faces a big test. Generation emerges from the ashes of war, "grave dictatorship" to "democratic عراء", and lower monitor carefully how great is our passage from "silent tomb game" to the rules of openness and pluralism .. It is the most painful passage through the history of all nations.
    The Answers chest carry color blood family and pains and hopes, and the blood of Iraqis that flowed and flowing, and feel that the message is always, stop the blood and the need to find at the moment on a formula moderation, and the need to forget and forgive, all of us, to reconcile deeply. Do you have or have chest choice but to this? Do you still have or has time to lose?
    ■ Every Iraqi advocate of moderation appreciate your help sons of the western region Tndij demonstrations. And wish that you will continue advising them. Your strengthens Taarhm moderate intervention. The silence and the silence of the rest of the political class allows owners to provoke them and dragged to a sectarian act offends them and for all. How did you find the level of communication between the two sides recently?
    - Perhaps attitudes towards demonstrations in the western region as crossing was varied on several levels:

The first level hostile attitude, which in turn is divided into more than one direction:

1. I: oriented political: the attitudes that come from politicians against these popular demonstrations with political demands in their eyes, as you want to cancel political decisions.

2. Oriented popular: It is a position popular emotional tend to with faith similar and alienated from people with different faiths, and in this sense long speech because most of the Iraqi people has taken root in the minds of some of the ideas Alchddah a bit, and perhaps the main reason keeping their distance from the guide right or the presence of leaders as a Almajajin.

Level II: position neutral: It sounds that are either moderate or sounds that distance itself from interfering in the telecom matters for concern matters of economic and trade or living and general life, or perhaps her political stance neutral and Oandersm so tends not to here and there for the purposes of or certain policies , but that could be included in the box of nowhere.
    Level III: Bracket or position in support or less sympathetic with the idea of ​​pretending or Radi demands and other things.
    I see maybe silence as the first anti-level enrollment for demonstrations, albeit gradually. On the one hand, and on the other hand, there is a level IV to talk about, may vary materially from the rest of the levels, namely position Rashed or counselor or assistant or cultured for these protesters who are in dire need not to apply their demands, but to the heart of affectionate look at them into Brothers and paternity ينتشلهم of fragmentation Ikhavhm more of them affiliated to them from the people themselves, and this fragmentation not only wants militancy and violence, God forbid.
    This position, although it was within the third level (cushions and sympathetic) but it rank, it must continue this level with the demonstrators through direct meetings, if possible, and only through the data and visits and delegations and the like.
    Although this is difficult but it is required in order not to escalate sectarian sense in the hearts of the demonstrators, especially if the individual or entity from their community, Fbaldharorh will be pursued by wiping out sectarian inevitably injection.
    Overall, the position of anti-demonstrations should not continue, especially if we consider that the anti is the supreme political in the country (the government) whose duty fatherhood and brotherhood, Iraq is not the Secretariat, however, demonstrators, but is the secretariat, however, "the prime minister" as well.
    The neutral position about the demonstrations may eventually lead to dire results. The position pro cushions must be logically not emotionally so as not to increase the tendons and sectarian self Altferdi in demonstrators and their leaders.
    The position needs to guide that communicates with the demonstrators, but protesters must also reached out with him and Kvahm Hjerana.
    ■ moderate line in the demonstrations says he is reinforced whenever issued a positive signal from you or from the rest of the Iraqi partners, while reinforced the Baath and Al-Qaeda line whenever Maliki spoke bad about the demonstrations. Is absorbed leaders need to stand with the legitimate demands of the demonstrators to promote moderation against extremism?
    - It behooves us to be moderate in all things, we also applied some levels on some of is outside demonstrations and قسمناه to three or four levels in the question, but we and the fairness must divide division is similar to those with the demonstrations and protesters, they even met substantially on demonstrations However, they disagreed on some things, and they were on several levels:
    • Level I: radical protester who wants a "liberation of Baghdad and topple Iran" and waiting for the Free Army and the like in the irrational ideas in our view. Or you may catch their claimants who advocated "people want to overthrow the regime" but it is fair to catch the last second level.
    • Level II: They want to achieve their demands away from the fact that the government's popularity or they are backed by Iran or America or otherwise, but sees himself as oppressed and the owner of the right undigested should Ahakagah through peaceful protest and that was his demand to overthrow the regime.
    Perhaps the overthrow of the regime did not demand, but the first and second level (of the first answer) any entity anti-demonstrations or neutral (Silence) invited him to increase the frequency of demands slowly, so we wanted to take the things of all, but some returned demonstrations (and went to demonstrate against it) and handing it to the people, and what a malicious idea and stood against it and even stood general reference against the idea that harm or benefit.
    • Level III: demonstrator non-sectarian and open to all, but he does not have to pretend only a matter of last resort, has tried to make a claim under the national partnership and the so-called national government or through political means,
    But he could not resorted to pretend along with the other levels, I mean radical centrist.
    However, in most cases be in the mixing levels preponderance of cuff trend hardline, it affects the rest of the levels gradually albeit through intimidation if not through carrots, and therefore we have to embrace those ideas unitary rational and those characters that do not like violence and does not like dictatorship together During moderate letting them listen to the sound of the outside demonstrations and their community.
    Let them know that those voices that fuel and enhance Michddém are votes represent only their relatives, and we and you away from home and we are not satisfied with at all and Ngelb together the Voice of Justice and impartiality and prudence and blind our eyes and shut our ears for telecom sounds odd that not only wants to stay her chair and her only. To provide public interest to walk together towards unity and actual autism to a free and dignified life away from the uniqueness and dictatorship.
    And play your brethren, you must not listen to the voices of those who belong to you of Taúvtkm who assumed militancy, but learned that you Ptaklkm and your vision of comprehensive unitary Tqmon votes falsehood and gradually Tmahouna.
    ■ we say that the deal inside Iraqi profitable even if sometimes lost or suspended, the pressures of the outside. We say that what happened in the meeting between Erbil and Najaf breach national rare large proved that Iraq and that Iraqis are not a backdrop for a garden but have their independent and Tsoethm choice that imposes itself on the will of the outside. Do you find that national deepening relations so that correct our regional and international influence?
    - May be queuing national Iraqi assembly that occurred in Erbil, a unique gathering of its kind, especially since it was in essence a gathering reflects the convergence of actual real fraternal honest albeit politically peel resulted in the decision to withdraw the confidence and bravery.
    The social Barzani was the first brother, and I honestly feel between the folds of his words and perhaps was Apadlna the same feeling, and everything I said was not just concerned of the tongue or a purely political dialogue. But the foundations to the stage of Arab-Kurdish consensus long-term, although we disagree with some political matters.
    Someone perhaps say: Erbil already brought Maliki Kurds and other partners, but I say not meeting their betrays only concerned of the tongue, and so you may hit al-Maliki agreements width of the wall and did not take into account the international political protocols.
    Then he did not social brother Barzani is the only one, was meeting with the brother Najafi is the first among us, and there were meetings with Mam Jalal, brother Iyad Allawi but were not the first among us, in terms of making the meeting a complete in terms of coverage for each spectra and political components.
    However, this meeting was a double-edged Iraqi or which might have been different views between satisfied and indignant, and may only be pleased with great fortune and only discontent with political orientation is contrary to what our house in Erbil from discussions and agreements.
    However, between this and that, it was a good start, but good for the orientations of national unity that must be pursued by all political actors, but broader than that, and I think has the foundations for a new stage show brotherhood and honesty away from cunning political and conflict competitive illegal surrounding the political action in the Iraqi arena .
    It even resulted alienated some of what you call Sadr, both at the political level or at the grassroots level, but I hope that this visit has established over the future and history of laws and principles for dealing national, and that what was in that visit of no confidence resolution was bold has opened Part of the opposition to the dictatorship and uniqueness wide, to be able to keep the ghost of our beloved Iraq in the future.
    I can not fail to mention that this decision but did not see the light until now, was a clear indication that it controls in the country are the people of the country and not those outside the walls of the country and thankfully. Vavhm.
    ■ Sometimes we use the term alliance May 19, or the "axis of Arbil - Najaf." We feel that passed important tests in Tuz Khurmatu crisis and demonstrations Bank and Council of the Judiciary Act. Wanted Maliki Tfkikkm but succeeded in steadfastness intelligently. To what extent is a cohesive alliance interceptor shared vision on a serious approach, versus those who say that it is a temporary alliance of convenience?
    - Although I answered implicitly in the previous one of my answers to your questions wonderful that, but I say that I am reassured that the visit Erbil given me a real partner and strategically thankfully.
    ■ Astiepkm of the meaning of political pluralism and how to protect in lust tyranny, may be difficult on some Iraqis believe they may need time to ratify sense. There are those who say that al-Sadr's support for multi-path and partnership against tyranny and uniqueness made him lose his audience. How Talqon this?
    - In most of the decisions and guidelines that Otbnaha oldest and usually do not see how increasing the public or I have said, but that often is to look at the approval of God Almighty and to the general rules bushy Mr. parent (Jerusalem) through a national basis and Ouhdoah.
    And I find a lot of things and the decisions issued me is in the interest of society and the poor and the faithful but at the same time I am sure they will not understand this or that decision sometimes, but Christmlonh bearings did not come to Bali when taken that decision.
    Add to is important is that there is political currents Her influence social and media and political big affected by around me, much talk and rumors and questions that may soften them iron, but I hope Steering popular especially cuddly family of al-Sadr, they will not deviate us Al Sadr.
    Then that such decisions do not consider it a bra but I consider national, might alienate some of us, but it is the door to make others not on purpose, I proposed while and insisted I do not want, as I said only the face of God. It is the owners of bright minds and neutrals and with national patriotism, positively influenced National Baqraratne and this is also a blessing from the Lord of the Worlds.
    Vdhu patriotism if they are not often Kthera, famous or not, behind the scenes, but I hope their lot because they continue even widen their circle and have their voices against dictatorship and uniqueness high and will not fade and will not fade.
    ■ Western researchers and journalists say: now we are trying to understand how the right of the Islamic described Balmichdd, that protects civil plurality liberal modernist sense. The fact that the political thought of the Sadrist movement witnessed remarkable development. But some elite Mtfajion evolution of ideas. How do you comment on their sense of surprise and they are watching your positions critical of the uniqueness and which has escalated since the 2010 elections?
    - Thought not evolving but saw open to other currents which led to their knowledge thoughts and Mtbuniatna, I mean the Sadrist movement, it became known that they have after they are ignorant of us.
    Perhaps the default or failure of us, most of those who belong to us closed for other trends, in addition to what passed us by circumstances to resist the occupier at the time, which pulled all telecom currents emergency landing do not mean they are against the idea of ​​military resistance, cultural and political, but perhaps some of them they hold and tend to them.
    Then I was impressed with some exclamation that saw that the Muslim hates the uniqueness and tends to pluralism, but that true Islamic approach, which should be every Muslim curriculum and approach.
    The rule in Islam has several as potential:
    1. The first possibility: that the ruling is infallible, peace be upon him, and this is not the meaning of exclusivity, but refer to the meaning the best or, at peace on his wife, it is not infallible and should be left to refer to is lower than that.
    Perhaps this possibility mean there infallible and refer to it is divine rather than popular, you can say that in the first possibility that return people to divine judgment, which may not require democratic than Tarefna it at that time or to elections as usual, but needs to society accept infallibility and believe, not seen one infallible peace be upon them, may impose married to him on others, but requires a genuine belief and also in verse honest: There is no compulsion in religion ... "in the sense that no compulsion faith cardiac Palmasom, and also said verse honorable" What you Hadi blind from their misguided. "
    2. The second possibility: Vice infallible or the so-called velayat-e faqih is though inspired by Back to the infallible, peace be upon him, or more familiar, but it should not keep considering that the choice of more familiar to the matter must be referred to the (parliament) Almaúa socially acceptable as well as the acceptance of religious and Islamic ideologically.
    Rightful ruler or guardian can not in any way impose control and extend his hand on areas Trdah no society or people do not accept it, if they look closer to democracy generally accepted without forgetting the divine orders.
    3. A third possibility: that the ruler Lansana normal, and this does not have his arrival to judge only the opinion of the people on the road to democracy generally accepted, though some people fall short of understanding of democracy, as well as shortcomings in the delivery of the people to govern.
    This ruling should not be judged by only including is divinely patients and popularly. It can not impose divine rule on the people rejected not palatable, except through the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice or less ethical ways through education, but he left it better than that the use of divine judgment repulsive to others.
    He can not also be unique governance although some people have chosen the majority which is one of the first democratic and founded, if there were other popular destinations Takhtrh should not إغفالهم to all.

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2OcJR486n

Mr. Hakim: Iraq needs a vision for his administration and should stay away from controversies and escalation

The President of the Islamic Supreme Council Ammar al-Hakim on the non-diversion of electoral conflict into sectarian conflict, and exploitation of people's feelings and needs to provide in accordance with the requirements and needs of the provinces and the powers and electoral programs and not running behind the promises and slogans.

He said al-Hakim during a meeting with tribal sheikhs Masoudi coming from most provinces in Iraq said on Monday that "the tribes along the history are the safety valve of Iraq." And between al-Hakim that "it is possible that Iraq to become a superpower consider them all look respect if Makant there to see firm for that matter," pointing out that "the country needs to see his administration." And stressed "not to deal with the Constitution selectively and must triumph of citizen and stay away from controversies and tones sectarian and media statements and not to escalate, "stressing" the need to coexist with love and tolerance among all Iraqi people and not to incite sectarianism because it will lead to sedition. "On the upcoming provincial elections explained Mr. Hakim said that" the election service, not political, and must be solved cases where people ", stressing the" non-diversion of conflict electoral into sectarian conflict, and exploitation of people's emotions and provide needs according to the requirements and needs of the provinces and the powers and electoral programs and not running behind the promises and slogans. "For their part, hailed the tribal Masoudi positions Mr. Hakim seeking always to heal the Iraqi row, revealing, "We learned from that tells us whether or not The Chksna during the last period of the disease and medication to the provinces", confirming the saying that "the next election will see a change, and we will vote for those than nominal is the service of the citizen."
    Baghdad / justice

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2OcKJHbzb

Kurdish bloc and «Iraq» Mstmrtan in boycott of parliament and Mutlaq attend the meeting of the Council of Ministers today

BAGHDAD - Omar Sattar
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013
    In the absence of masses of Al-Iraqiya and the Kurdistan Alliance »Iraqi parliament resumes its day, amid signs the disruption of quorum until achieving the demands of the demonstrators and the implementation of the terms of the Kurdistan region to approve the extension Federal Almoisana. In addition, Cabinet held today a special meeting to discuss the demands of the demonstrators in the Sunni provinces in the presence of ministers from the «Iraqi List».
    Shaker said Darraji MP for the coalition «rule of law», led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said that «Iraq» and «Kurdistan» suspended attending to the Parliament until «narrow political gains at the expense of the interests of the people. He said in a statement to «life» that «the Iraqi List, claim that they want to achieve the demands of the protesters and this is not achieved boycott parliament and disrupt the work of the legislature, and the Kurdistan Alliance bloc, they mortgaged their presence approve an extension of the budget is allocated four billion dollars for the oil companies operating in the Kurdistan region».
    Darraji predicted that these blocs seek to prejudice a quorum for the meeting today for more pressure on the coalition of Prime Minister, and pointed out that «the rest of the blocks will try to hold the meeting and the resumption of the work of the parliament which was not performed at the required level since the beginning of the year.
    County and Kurds, Al-Iraqiya and al-Sadr meetings of the Council of Ministers, Darraji said that «Minister Al-Iraqiya will attend tomorrow's meeting (today) because it will be dedicated to consider the demands of the demonstrators.
    He added that «these blocks you want to overthrow the government after the ratification of the law defining the mandates of the three presidencies, which was sent to the Presidency of the Republic. He stressed that his bloc «will follow all legal avenues to challenge the law limit the jurisdiction of the presidents and if passed will resort to form a majority government.
    The Cabinet yesterday reported that Deputy Prime Minister leader of the «Iraqi List, Saleh al-Mutlaq will attend today's meeting with two of his list, and Minister of Education Mohammad Tamim and Minister of Industry and Minerals Ahmed Karbouli after the approval of al-Maliki to discuss the demands of the demonstrators. But Mutlaq required to review and approve the findings of the Committee of Five problem to respond to those demands. He said in a statement that «we have no objection to attend the meeting of the Council of Ministers if the inclusion of the demands of the demonstrators and findings of the Committee of Five.
    He added: «our best to hold meetings and to find solutions satisfactory result will lead to response to the demands of protesters in the streets of the sit-in and end this crisis, which threatens the security and safety of the Iraqi people as a whole.
    The Mutlaq it «is keen to implement the demands of the demonstrators on the establishment of the general amnesty law and work for the release of all detainees and prisoners amnesty allocated for this purpose, in addition to a package of other laws and decisions, such as amending the Justice and Accountability Law and Anti-Terrorism Act and to find balance in the ministries and government institutions and judicial.
    And issued the «Iraqi List» a statement yesterday showed continued its boycott of the parliamentary session «until the inclusion of laws that meet the demands of the demonstrators and the Iraqi people.
    She explained that «the parliament session agenda included voting on a broad package of laws and documenting some of the treaties by the Government with some countries, but not devoid of the demands of the demonstrators or amendments to laws that affect them.
    The list stressed that «existing members commented attending sessions of Parliament for the non-inclusion of the general amnesty law and the abolition of Article 4 of the Anti-Terrorism Act and amend the law of accountability and justice, one of the demands of the demonstrators, and a fixed position.

Read more: https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2OcLXpxO6

McCain: Despite Erbil-Baghdad Tensions, I Still Hope For a Unified Iraq
    by Wladimir van Wilgenburg 2 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – During the debate “Iraq, 10 Years Later” organized by the American Enterprise Institute in Washington D.C. last week, Senator John McCain said he was greatly worried about the outcome of the serious differences between Erbil and Baghdad.

Asked where he thought the tensions with Iraq would lead, the Republican senator and former presidential candidate said he believed that Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani still wanted a unified Iraq, but that events could dictate otherwise.

“Kurdish interests are first and foremost in President Barzani's priority list, and I think that he would very much like to cooperate with us, have our assistance, do things, but he also covering all of his bets, and if I were him, I'd be doing the same thing,” McCain said.

McCain said he was surprised when he met Barzani six months ago, and learned that he did not regularly meet with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

“I asked Barzani, ‘when's the last time you spoke to Maliki?’ He said, ‘well over a year.’”

“I worry a great deal about the final outcome,” McCain said.

About Kurdish statehood, McCain said he was still hopeful that, despite Kurdish aspirations of statehood, Iraq would remain intact.

“The Kurds have dreamed of a Kurdish state for centuries, and I think there are some Kurds that believe that that opportunity may be on the horizon, given the situation in Syria and Iraq and Turkey and these places.

“But despite this, I still hope for a unified Iraq and reconciliation between the Iraqi political factions,” he said.

https://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/26032013

Iraqi Kurdistan Region: How to Secure Both Baghdad and Ankara?
    By HOSHMAND OTHMAN

The United States has conveyed to Ankara its concern about Turkey's oil companies' direct involvement in Iraqi Kurdistan Federal Region, raising Washington’s fear that the close tie between Ankara and the Iraqi Kurdistan regional capital, Erbil, could further push Baghdad towards Tehran or even lead to the partition of Iraq, Turkish media reported early January.

Although it is not clear how serious is the US warning, the recently announced project of linking Iraqi Kurdistan's oil and gas fields to Turkey and to the world market, through a network of pipeline to be completed by 2016, seems to be at the centre of the US concern.

If implemented, this project would mark a turning point in the growing cooperation between Turkey and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in the field of energy, and will undeniably have significant geopolitical repercussions.

Turkish new regional role

In order to meet its growing ambitions to become a leading regional economic and political power, Turkey needs Iraqi Kurdistan's natural resources, as one of its major tools.

Turkey depends on imports for over 90 percent of its oil and natural gas. According to a Turkish foreign ministry paper published in 2012, by the Washington-based Centre for Strategic Studies, in about 130 million barrels of crude oil, which Turkey imported in 2011, close to 90 million barrels came from Russia and Iran. The same report indicates that Turkey’s principal energy demand is expected to rise by four percent per year until 2020.

Kurdistan's current political stability and security could become crucial for countries, which see this Region as a significant source of their energy security, including Turkey.

Kurdistan Region's oil and gas can significantly reduce Turkish energy reliance on its main suppliers, help diversify its energy sources and boost its domestic economy and its new growing regional policy.

Furthermore, with the two competing planned gas pipeline networks, Nabucco and South Stream projects, due to connect Caucasus and Russia's gas fields to Europe through Turkish territory and its maritime pathway, Turkey has become the unavoidable zone for a significant part of Europe's energy supply. Turkish new target seems to be including the Kurdish oil and gas pipeline as its third network of energy supply to the international market.

Such situation would also put Turkey in a strong position towards Europe, which currently witnesses a decline in its economic growth.

The 45 billion barrels which the KRG estimates as its oil reserves, and more than 100 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, have not left international oil companies and Western countries indifferent. Since the ratification of Iraq's new Constitution in 2005, recognizing the Iraqi Kurdistan self-administered region as a federal entity, the KRG has signed exploration contracts with several international oil companies, including giants such as Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Total and Gasprom.

Kurdistan's current political stability and security could become crucial for countries, which see this Region as a significant source of their energy security, including Turkey.

The rapprochement between Iraqi Kurdistan and Turkey, which, seemingly, has a new political vision for the region, recognizing the Iraqi Kurdish entity, and an important political openness towards its own Kurds, is a significant geopolitical development.

Turkey also plays an important role in the events in Syria, by supporting anti-Assad opposition forces and seeking to have a say in the future of this country. It has positioned itself in the same line as the Arab Sunni states aiming to reduce Shiite regional influence.

If the efforts to connect Kurdistan Region's oil and gas fields to Turkey, and from there to the world market, were crowned with success, it could consolidate Kurdistan Region's autonomy vis-à-vis Baghdad, and boost its economic development.

However, for the Kurds, this adventure with Turkey needs a solid political and economic alternative as backup in case of failure.

However, for the Kurds, this adventure with Turkey needs a solid political and economic alternative as backup in case of failure.

Iraq’s internal dynamics

This backup can come from Iraq itself.

The geopolitical conjuncture of the Kurdish issue in Iraq offers a better opportunity today than in the past century to secure alternatives in the event that any alliance with any neighbouring country, fails - in comparison to 1975 when the Shah of Iran broke his alliance with Iraqi Kurds, resulting in an immediate collapse of the Kurdish movement.

Today, more than seventy percent of Iraqi Kurdistan is recognized as a self-governing federal region by the Iraqi federal Constitution. It is the first time that Iraqi Kurdistan obtains such legal status, where a local parliament and government run the Region.

However, the ongoing tension between Baghdad and Kurdistan over the constitutionality of KRG’s contracts with international oil companies and over the disputed Kurdish areas, Arabized by the former Iraqi regime, has been continuing since 2006 with successive governments in Baghdad.

Baghdad considers KRG's unilateral deals with international oil companies illegal and has recently warned the Kurds against any attempt to export oil.

The KRG says the contracts are legal, based on the fact that the Iraqi federal Constitution "gives primacy to regional law except in areas listed under the exclusive powers of the federal authorities. Oil and gas are not listed under the exclusive powers of the federal government. All oil contracts in the Region fall within the KRG oil and gas law, debated and passed by the Kurdistan parliament in 2007 and fully in line with the relevant provisions of the permanent Constitution", the KRG stated on its website last January.

So far Iraq has not made any counter legal argument to explain how KRG contracts with international oil companies are unconstitutional.

The tensions seem to be more politically motivated than being a legal and constitutional issue. No matter who is prime minister in Baghdad, this state of instability may well continue and escalate furthermore, unless a new foundation for a new political and economic partnership is agreed between Iraq’s major political components, taking into account Kurdistan's growing political and economic reality.

In an editorial published last December, the Baghdad-based newspaper, Al Sabah, proposed that while continual dialogue to settle the current problems between Baghdad and Erbil has not produced any permanent settlement, the only solution might be Kurdistan becoming an independent state. The importance of this proposal comes from the fact that Al Sabah is the mouthpiece of the Iraqi Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki.

There is no reason for the United States to be concerned that the Kurdish-Turkish pipeline project could push Baghdad further towards Teheran.

Whatever is the newspaper’s insinuation, Iraq's border dismantling at this stage could provoke unknown repercussions at a time when the political outcome of the Arab Spring conflicts is still not visible.

A confederation of independent entities

However, a confederation of equally independent entities within Iraq could introduce a medium, if not, long-term regional equilibrium, that can progressively make Iraq stable. This confederal status can go as far as granting Kurdistan the right to export oil and gas, control its air space and recognition of its international representations, among others.

KRG may be able to negotiate this status with Baghdad by becoming one of the major contributors to Iraq’s economy. Kurdistan can sell oil and gas at a special price to Iraq to export to Asian markets through the Gulf.

The foundation of this mechanism is actually already in place. According to an agreement reached between Baghdad and Erbil in 2011, and amended last September, the Iraqi government agreed to market between 175,000 to 200,000 barrels per day of crude oil produced in Kurdistan by international oil companies.

In addition, Kurdistan Region’s reserves in oil and gas can ensure its production capacity to more than two million barrels per day within three to four years. This amount is equal to two thirds of Iraq’s current production capacity of three million barrels per day.

While its confederal status could allow exporting oil and gas legally and independently to Turkey, and keep a close tie with this country, Kurdistan could at the same time enjoy a solid position inside Iraq.

Thus, securing both Baghdad and Ankara can provide political and economic security to Iraqi Kurds in case of failure of their alliance with Turkey or Iraq; and bring about a united confederation.

The first measure to take in this direction would be launching a trust-building process between Baghdad and Erbil to negotiate and settle the immediate outstanding issues: oil contracts and the disputed areas, under the auspices of the international community, above all the United States.

There is no reason for the United States to be concerned that the Kurdish-Turkish pipeline project could push Baghdad further towards Teheran.

Baghdad's refusal to abide by those Articles of the Constitution, which propose settlement for the outstanding issues, is one of the main reasons which have widen the gap between Baghdad and Erbil and, consequently, pushed the Kurdistan Region to get closer to Turkey.

Kurdistan can sell oil and gas at a special price to Iraq to export to Asian markets through the Gulf.

Regarding US fears that a close Kurdish-Turkish tie may lead to the partition of Iraq, it is to underline that a geopolitical settlement of establishing a confederation of independent entities in Iraq can bring about a united country and long-term regional equilibrium and stability.

Given the current Kurdistan Region’s political and economic development, such confederation remains the only viable solution to keep Iraq together.

Ten years after the fall of Saddam Hussein’s regime, the time has come for the United States to broker a permanent settlement of Iraq’s outstanding issues.

The time when many in the West believed that the only way to achieve stability was for a strong leader to keep the country and its people together with an iron fist, is, in principle, over. The Arab Spring has shown how devastating was that approach.

* Hoshmand Othman MA in Middle Eastern history and politics, EHESS, Paris, France.

https://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/26032013