Shabibi!! Shabibi!! You are innocent IN MY MIND, until PROVEN guilty Sir!!

Thread: Shabibi!! Shabibi!! You are innocent IN MY MIND, until PROVEN guilty Sir!!

RED LILY

Exclamation Shabibi!! Shabibi!! You are innocent IN MY MIND, until PROVEN guilty Sir!!

Integrity Committee emphasizes addressing any party trying to dominate the Central Bank

BAGHDAD / JD / .. confirmed the Parliamentary Integrity Committee addressing any party trying to dominate the central bank, noting that it views with concern for the investigation on the sale and purchase of the dollar.

A member of the Integrity Committee MP Kurdistan Alliance Sherif Soliman's / JD /: We are awaiting with Stúl him search results and audit the CBI, revealed the existence of Thvdhat on this issue within the Integrity Committee.

expressed Suleiman the wish that the investigation on the sale and purchase of the dollar away politicization and bargains or group, and urged not to influence by some parties that did not call on the course investigation to be fair and transparent.

and a student member of the Integrity Committee of Parliament not to allow any party to dominate this important institution in order to preserve public money and the interest of the Iraqi people.

was a member of the Finance Committee MP Magda Tamimi had described the report issued by the Presidency of the parliament on the Central Bank Palmtsra and unprofessional.

It is noted that the judiciary has issued an arrest warrant for Shabibi Iraqi Central Bank Governor on the background of suspicions of money.

According to the report submitted by the committee overseeing the central bank, which included both of the heads of the two financial, economic and BSA under the supervision of First Deputy Speaker of Parliament Qusay al-Suhail: that investigations proved a sale of foreign currency to banks and corporations themselves and that has smuggled to neighboring countries.

said Tamimi in an earlier statement to the Agency / JD /: that the performance of the Central Bank of the responsibility of the Commission within the Finance Committee includes MP Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri and MP Ibrahim al-Mutlaq and I, and we several dialogues and meetings with the governor of the Central Bank, but surprised the formation of a committee by the presidency of parliament, without annexation any member of our committee earlier responsible mainly on the performance of the central bank.

described Tamimi report presented by the chairman of the parliament Palmtsra and unprofessional, pointing out that the objection is not against a particular person , but have reservations on the measures that should be more professional and confidential because the central bank institution interested in monetary policy in the country and reference them in this way is hasty action and affect the Iraqi economy and our reputation in the international fora. / end / Ali Ibrahim /

https://www.dananernews.com/News_Details.php?ID=2152

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012-10-22

Power-hungry Iraq PM consolidates control after bank chief ouster

Experts warn Maliki’s ouster of governor of Iraq’s Central Bank sends bad message to international investors.

Middle East Online

By Prashant Rao - BAGHDAD

Who's next on the list?

The targeting of Iraq's well-respected central bank chief appears to be a move by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to consolidate power and sends a bad message to international investors, experts and diplomats say.

Sinan al-Shabibi was last week replaced as governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) while he was overseas, and arrest warrants have since been issued for him and other bank officials over allegations of currency manipulation.

The moves are the latest that appear to undermine CBI independence, after a supreme court ruling early last year put the bank under the supervision of Iraq's cabinet rather than parliament.

"It (is) another step down the road (to) an extremely centralised level of control," said Crispin Hawes, the London-based director of the Middle East and North Africa group at the Eurasia Group think tank.

"Via a proxy, he (Maliki) has direct control of the CBI, the ministry of defence and the ministry of interior -- these are the signature institutions of a Middle Eastern state," Hawes said by telephone, referring to the fact that the top ministers at the two security ministries are seen as Maliki allies.

"It's not a complicated story," he added.

Shabibi, a 70-year-old economist who worked for two decades at the UN trade and investment body UNCTAD and had been CBI governor since 2003, has been described by analysts and diplomats as a capable technocrat who fought to maintain the independence of the central bank.

Iraq's cabinet nevertheless decided on Tuesday to replace him with Abdelbassit Turki, the head of the Board of Supreme Audit, after a parliamentary report blamed Shabibi and other CBI officials for currency manipulation, according to Maliki's spokesman Ali Mussawi.

"I do not think the accusations are true because Mr Shabibi is a well-known economist, and he has a good reputation," said Abdulrahman Mashhadani, head of the economics department at Mustansariyah University in Baghdad.

"There may be corruption at the central bank, but it is at a low level. In fact, we economists see Mudher Saleh as a kind of professor for us," Mashhadani said, referring to the CBI's deputy governor.

The decision to effectively sack Shabibi comes after Maliki sought to fire the former election commission chief, and pushed for reforms to the commission that were widely seen as likely to give his Dawa party greater clout.

He was unsuccessful on both counts.

"The Maliki government will claim it (the move against Shabibi) is part of long-standing efforts to root out corruption," said Joost Hiltermann, deputy chief of the Middle East and North Africa programme at the Brussels-based International Crisis Group.

"It looks more like a long-standing effort to gain control over independent institutions."

"The problem is that even if certain allegations -- in this case or others such as VP Hashemi's -- could contain an element of truth, there is no way of finding out, because the judicial process in Iraq remains deeply flawed," he said, referring to the death sentence handed down to Tareq al-Hashemi.

The Sunni vice president was accused of running death squads, charges he has dismissed as politically motivated. Last month, he was sentenced to death in absentia.

Of the ousting of Shabibi, Hiltermann added that it was "not a positive move as the country heads into a series of important elections," namely provincial elections in 2013 and national polls the following year.

Maliki's opponents, many of whom are members of the national unity government he heads, accuse him of consolidating power and displaying increasingly authoritarian behaviour.

He has dismissed those charges, insisting he is grappling with an unwieldy coalition.

But many remain sceptical, pointing to a spat with communications minister Mohammed Allawi this summer which prompted Allawi to resign from the government, claiming Maliki was interfering in his ministry.

"This is similar to the issues he had with the former communications minister," said one Western diplomat, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"Maliki wants to govern alone. He has a personal problem with Shabibi -- this is not about the law."

https://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=55031

RANTING RED!!!!!!!

BAM!! BAZINGA!!! WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SAY!! The above article could NOT have stated this better IN MY UNHUMBLE OPINION.. I have been ranting all deggum week that MALIKI is who MALIKI IS.. YOU CANNOT CHANGE A ZEBRAS STRIPES!!!!

I will NOT change my mind until I am smacked in the face with it.. SOMEONE will have to PROVE to me that MALIKI is an angel.. I have read too MUCH ON THIS MAN, to start believing that NOW... HE IS THE GOOD GUY.. HECK NO!! NO WAY.. and I may be wrong.. but those are my thoughts about that.

NOW YOU GO HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Shabibi confirms that the political parties behind the charges and will appear before the judiciary after the feast
    On: Tuesday 10/23/2012 08:16 pm

BAGHDAD - citizen
    said former central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi, he will return to Iraq after the holiday to stand in front of the Iraqi judiciary, while noting that there are political motives behind the charges, noting that the judiciary Cyprih after identifies him the truth. Shabibi said for "obelisk" , it would be "in Iraq after the end of the holiday and will dismantle talismans misunderstanding happened and explain glitches on the subject of an auction sale of foreign currency." He Shabibi "no fear of standing in front of the Iraqi judiciary because I believe Bmhnia, and I also know that I am not guilty and I will try when I return The Abyan to eliminate every thing which will decide in the end Nbarita of the charges. "
    and added that "there is political motives behind raising this issue in Parliament and the media and institutions that do not they understand the mechanism of action the central bank, creating a big mess without referring to the bank to explain the issue" . and pointed out that "what bothered me most is that I learned of the note detention of media and I could not be sure of it."

[ I PRAY THAT Dr.SHABIBI HAS MALIKI'S BUTT BURNED AT THE STAKE FOR THIS ]

https://www.almowatennews.com/news_view_50759.html
    "Truth is everlasting, but our ideas about truth are changeable. Only a little of the first fruits of wisdom, only a few fragments of the boundless heights and depths of truth, have I been able to gather"

Official at the central bank is likely to stay a Turkish bank president by proxy
    Published on Tuesday, 23 October

BAGHDAD / With: ruled out an official source in the Iraqi Central Bank to be choosing the head of one's own to take over the presidency of the successor to Bank Sinan Shabibi, Turkish likely stay in office by proxy.

The source said told the future on Tuesday that: "the most likely remain Chairman of the Board of Supreme Audit Abdul Basit Turki, at least for a period of not less than / 6 to 9 / proxy managed by the Central Bank."

The source added that "the work and conditions of the central bank is currently characterized by tension and confusion as a result of the sudden decision on the issuance of an arrest warrant against former central bank chief Sinan Shabibi", adding that "the Turkish survival in office now will increase the stability of the central bank."
    The informed sources in the Iraqi Central Bank, pointed to trading the Iraqi government and the House of Representatives the names of four candidates for the post of governor of the Bank names have been submitted to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to be studied.
    In turn, member of the parliamentary fact-finding committee formed to investigate the dealings of the Iraqi Central Bank Haider al-Abadi, last Wednesday, on the importance of the mandate of the Council of Ministers alternative proxy for former central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi.
    The Iraqi judiciary issued an arrest warrant for Central Bank Governor Dr Sinan Shabibi background corruption Vzaia.
    The Council of Ministers decided to appoint Chairman of the Board of Supreme Audit Abdul Basit Turki, governor of the Central Bank acting.

[WHAT THIS ARTICLES IS SAYING TO ME... IS THAT EVEN IF SHABIBI IS FOUND NOT GUILTY THE NEWLY APPOINTED DIRECTOR OF THE CBI WILL REMAIN IN POWER FOR AT LEAST 6-9 MONTHS... WHICH DURING THIS TIME MALIKI WILL BE FIGHTING ENDLESSLY TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL... WHICH ALSO TELLS ME THAT HE WILL BE DELAYING THE NATIONAL MEETING DURING THIS TIMELINE... NOW, THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS... JUST WHAT ARE MALIKI's GOALS ??? 1st. IS IT TO INCREASE THE EXCHANGE RATE OF THE DINAR ??? SOME ARTICLES STATE JUST THAT... THEY ARE GOING TO INCREASE THE EXCHANGE RATE... WE WILL SEE... 2nd COULD IT BE TO SPEND THE CASH RESERVES OF THE CBI ON WEAPONS ??? AGAIN ONLY TIME WILL TELL... AND IT LOOKS AS IF IT COULD BE A LITTLE WAYS DOWN THE ROAD BEFORE WE'RE ABLE TO SEE WHAT MALIKI's TRUE INTENTIONS ARE... REMEMBER WE HAVE BEEN INVESTED LONG ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE GOI/MALIKI OPERATES... HANG ON, HANG ON TIGHT... THIS COULD TURN OUT TO BE A BLESSING AND MALIKI FORCES AN INCREASE IN THE VALUE OF THE IQD... WHO KNOWS, JUST THINKING OUT LOUD... REMEMBER THIS IS "JMO"] PS... TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS... YOUR OPINION IS WELCOME

https://translate.google.ca/translate...%26Itemid%3D10
    "Truth is everlasting, but our ideas about truth are changeable. Only a little of the first fruits of wisdom, only a few fragments of the boundless heights and depths of truth, have I been able to gather"