urgent read in poppy's corner

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN THIS IS THE EXACT REASON AND KIND OF THINKING WE HAVE TO REMOVE ALL THESE OLD INCUMBANTS OUT OF OFFICE... WHILE THESE PEOPLE ARE KILLING OUR AMBASSITORS AND SOLDIERS THEY THINK WE SHOULD CONTINUE AID TO THESE PEOPLE WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN MORE THAN ONCE THEY HAVE USED TO BUY ARMS TO KILL US WITH.. WHAT KIND OF STUPID IDEA IS THIS... I WILL ALSO POINT OUT I SENT MY LETTER TO ALL THE CONGRESS REPRESENTATIVE AND ALL SENATE AND AT LEST HE HAS RESPONDED AND NONE OF THE OTHERS HAVE RESPONDED PERIOD.. I ALSO MIGHT ADD SENATOR YOU HAVE NO BUDGET AND HAVEN'T HAD FOR OVER THREE YEARS NOW ???? 1% MY BUTT

October 4, 2012

Reverend and Mrs. Dan & Carole

Dear Dan & Carole,

Thanks very much for getting in touch with me and letting me know what’s on your mind regarding the recent violence against Americans in Libya, Egypt and the Middle East.

On September 11, 2012, following Egyptian protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens was killed alongside three American officials during a diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya. The killing of these American officials is a tragedy and a grim reminder that our Foreign Service officers put their lives on the line every day. I am troubled by these events, and our government should make certain that these killers are brought to justice.

The U.S. has provided economic and military foreign assistance to Egypt each year since 1979. For fiscal year 2013, President Obama requested $1.55 billion in total aid, the same level as fiscal year 2012. Foreign aid makes up less than 1 percent of the federal budget, and it plays an important role in the war on terror by building goodwill and weakening support for extremists. Foreign aid can be a good investment when it’s spreading American values, furthering our national interests, and addressing humanitarian needs. I voted against Senator Rand Paul’s bill to cut U.S. assistance to Egypt, Libya and Pakistan, because withdrawing from these countries will allow others like Iran to move in, encourage radical Islamists, and put Americans in more danger.

The actions and decisions of the Egyptian, Libyan and Pakistani governments have significant implications for our bilateral relationships. In light of events in Egypt and Libya, as well as pressing needs at home and chronic budget deficits, we need to be vigilant that we are spending taxpayer dollars wisely. I will continue to support efforts to ensure that foreign aid is well-spent, in a way that is consistent with our values.

I’m grateful you took the time to let me know where you stand. I’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind as foreign aid is discussed and debated in Washington and in Tennessee.

Sincerely,
Lamar

Reply Forward

Click