Mutlaq: ink on paper reforms and evidence of arbitrary detentions

Friday, August 10, 2012 17:50

BAGHDAD / Baghdadiya News / ..MP for the Iraqi List, Hamid al-Mutlaq, on Friday, the reforms as a dead letter and can not benefit from them.

Mutlaq said in a statement to the Agency / Baghdadiya News /, "The subject of interrogation, regardless of whether the Maliki or otherwise, for the inevitable to discuss the outstanding issues that affect the functioning of the political process and government performance."
He added that, "he lingered the subject of interrogation to wait for the reforms will occur on the political process had been promised by the National Alliance, stressing that we do not want reform to block or to a sect or a particular politician, but we want to reform touches the essence of the Iraqi and bread, work and living."
He said, "The reform process is just ink on paper and the best proof of that arbitrary arrests and the continuing right of Iraqis that are not subject to warrants issued by an official of the judiciary, and there are those who die as a result of prison torture."
He continued by saying, "I hope that the paper be a real reform and successful already, and I hope I am wrong belief, and if there was a meeting attended by leaders of political blocs after the Eid al-Fitr We hope that Athaoroa to sit down and serve the country and the citizen."
The Iraqi List, was announced on Thursday it moves to question Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, but if there is serious reforms, and the decision depends on the National Alliance, she said, and pointed out the Iraqi to the presence of the response by the Prime Minister about the demands of political blocs, such as those raised in the Convention on Arbil , and there are laws that he had obtained some controversy, turning some of them to debate in the House of Representatives and the other has become under validation by the Federal Court, asserting the existence of developments in the dialogues present between the political blocs, and today the coalition past reform and we are continuing the process of interrogation, and if there is real reform Fsnoagaf interrogation.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...IGt6bNeh9frKjA