What Is Kaperoni Talking About Here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Kaperoni Talking About Here?

Banned

PS.. Kaps chat in question is posted here..
    part 1 and 2 in other sites chat.

Again.. sorry for my brusqueness earlier.
    re-reading it.. I see I replied with an attititude that I was not feeling..
    was just wanting to slam out the info.

Yikes. Sorry for being a jerk .

Dinar Groupie..
    you bring a lot to this site...
    and you are valuable poster...
    and probably a nicer person than I am, for sure.

have a great day.

BlueyesinLevis, I don't know about that. I've been reading your comments and I think you present yourself as a very nice guy! Thank you for your kind words. And don't worry about it. I, like you, am just trying to piece this crazy puzzle together! Yes, I've heard about those nasty bank spreads, and I think they usually talk about a 2 to 3% spread that we'll be required to accept, right? So if it comes out on the CBI at a nice, round number of $3.00 let's say for simplicity's sake, we might only get $2.91 or $2.94 per dinar, right? If that is the case, it might be wise just to cash out a few notes and wait for a bit to see if the numbers do go up. My big concern is that I just wanna cash in a little somewhere to tide me over until the optimum time comes to cash in the rest.

So, again, don't waste another thought on our earlier conversation, I'm good! Let's see this thing RV really quick so we can stop speculating and start acting on our plans! God bless you and yours!

Banned
    Great. I like moving forward!

As far as a quick RV..
    I am all for that....
    with what Kap is saying.. and all the other info...
    I am pretty optimistic that a backstop for this thing may be September.
    Earlier would be better. Post September? Well we must accept whatever it is.

Me personaly, on the rate/cash in?

I am planning in my mind for it to come out at about a buck.

(.86 cents to 1.17)

Then, as the conditions dictate ( Kaps scenario - or straight up free for all at multiple banks?)...
    I too, will cash out a reasonable but minimum amount to get started.
    (I need to pay for the trust I have lined up.. but can not afford yet)

I expect the rate to climb up to around 3.50 to 4.00 over some undetermined period of time.
    Wang thinks a buck followed by the 3.50 figure a few days ( a week) later.
    Kap seems to project around buck with a longer period for the rate to climb.

IF.. Big IF.. it comes out at 3.41 (Randy Koonce's number) that will be THRILLING.

I am prepared for a low ball intro rate... I will accept what comes my way.

So many variables and unkowns.

Like LJ says.. "We don't know what it is we don't know!"

I don't recall BGG ever talking about a prospective rate....I can respect that.

IS BGG on record with a rate prediction? I would geuess .. he isn't.

Now this is just my understanding but a worldly recognized non exotic currency is just that and If a currency is not on the exotic list then it is a traded currency period. Now I toke no offense from other peoples opinions and that all any of us have at this moment in time and will not know how any of it will ultimately work out until it actually does. But for myself I don't really put to much faith in this talk of a world banking reset and some of the extreme things I have read over the years as I really haven't seen a concrete basis for the majority of these scenarios many non economists bring up on many of these forums. Now admittedly all I have is a degree in accounting and the only economics courses that I took where the ones I had to but I for myself will go off of the SOP ( standard operating procedure) that has been used for years at least until I have read or been show differently.

I my personal opinion and that's all it is, is my opinion, stick close to what Dr. Shibibi makes public in his statements while trying to fill in the gaps left by him so that no-one will know his full plan until he enacts it. I think that so often we get off track and looking for anything that we forget that really there is only one man (and God) that has all the answers in this and he (they) seems to be playing his (their) cards very close. Now one thing that sits in the back of my thinking is with all this carefully guarded planing way is so much information coming out about the future rate and date of issue and such?

And I totally agree be prepared for different possible rates with contingency plans, multiple plans of action are never a bad thing.

And I have to add that it is refreshing to see a forum that doesn't get all caught up in the craziness I have see on many of the other forums. I am glad that I ran across BGG,Poppy and their daily blog.

You all have a great day.
    Last edited by misterdc; 07-26-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Good comments, guys! BlueyesinLevis, I think BGG has come out with a rate that he expects, somewhere in the $3.xx range, no higher than Kuwait, I think. I know I've seen that somewhere from him.

Be blessed!

DinarGroupie, I like the way you think. I was actually speculating any where from $1.13 to $2.47. I do like $3.xx better of course. But any way you look at it, none of us is talking about a 10. Cent RV.

JayLee202, you got that right, buddy! I know it's hard for us to wrap our minds around a $3 or a bit more rate, but remember, they were at that rate before, and at a time when our dollar was worth more. Iraq is like the wealthiest country in the world when it comes to resources, with more oil than they know what to do with, plus gold, natural gas, other minerals and great land for growing vegetables. When I was in grade school, they called that area the "Fertile Crescent" because the land is so rich for growing things. The Bible's Garden of Eden was somewhere in that land. With all that they have going for them, their currency will easily be worth that much, and it will do a lot for their pride to have it that high again. I believe we'll see a rate that high, maybe even near $4.00 when all's said and done, especially if Kuwait's goes up too!

Quote Originally Posted by DinarGroupie View Post
    JayLee202, you got that right, buddy! I know it's hard for us to wrap our minds around a $3 or a bit more rate, but remember, they were at that rate before, and at a time when our dollar was worth more. Iraq is like the wealthiest country in the world when it comes to resources, with more oil than they know what to do with, plus gold, natural gas, other minerals and great land for growing vegetables. When I was in grade school, they called that area the "Fertile Crescent" because the land is so rich for growing things. The Bible's Garden of Eden was somewhere in that land. With all that they have going for them, their currency will easily be worth that much, and it will do a lot for their pride to have it that high again. I believe we'll see a rate that high, maybe even near $4.00 when all's said and done, especially if Kuwait's goes up too!
    I'm loving it! I'm with you

Banned
    I am very encouraged about this investment.

So much forward movement... I like it.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueyesinLevis View Post
    I am very encouraged about this investment.

So much forward movement... I like it.

Have a great weekend everybody!
    Same here and have a great weekend as well.