How to recognize the counterfeit Iraqi currency

Thread: How to recognize the counterfeit Iraqi currency

[Ayna-Baghdad] The Central Bank of Iraq, issued a design illustration of the Iraqi currency the truth of the counterfeit.
    The design showed "the most important points in Iraqi currencies."

Alliraqnews.com

Re: How to recognize the counterfeit Iraqi currency

BGG ~ I'm just going to make some obvious points...

1) I find it a little curious all this recent "float vs. no-float" talk in the marketplace lately.

2) Dated today, the CBI decides to put a "how to spot fake currency" memo...

3) Did anyone happen to notice the last 3 notes? I had to go back to my currency and dig out these notes to figure out what they were. That is a 1k, a 500 Dinar and a 250 Dinar note. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THE CBI BOTHER TELLING ANYONE HOW TO SPOT A FAKE 1K, 500 Dinar and 250 Dinar note?? The 1k is worth less than $1 right now... the 500 is about .50 and the 250 is not even worth a quarter!!

Quote Originally Posted by BGG View Post

1) I find it a little curious all this recent "float vs. no-float" talk in the marketplace lately.

3) Did anyone happen to notice the last 3 notes? I had to go back to my currency and dig out these notes to figure out what they were. That is a 1k, a 500 Dinar and a 250 Dinar note. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THE CBI BOTHER TELLING ANYONE HOW TO SPOT A FAKE 1K, 500 Dinar and 250 Dinar note?? The 1k is worth less than $1 right now... the 500 is about .50 and the 250 is not even worth a quarter!!

IMO This is part of the currency re-education and so we can expect something real soon...

Quote Originally Posted by BGG View Post

Could it be that these notes will be retained along with the lower denoms, hence the need for the Iraqis to be able to distinguish the real from the fake?