BGG says(6:37 PM):
Hey gang - we all ready to kick this off??

Okie Dinar says to BGG(6:37 PM):
( y ) Good evening

BGG says(6:37 PM):
Good evening.

MadDScout says to BGG(6:37 PM):
Good evening

BGG says(6:38 PM):
Hey Pat!

MadDScout says(6:38 PM):
( y )

BGG says(6:38 PM):
Good to see you Bud!

MadDScout says(6:38 PM):
Thank you

BGG says(6:39 PM):
Great job with the DU FaceBook Crew!!

MadDScout says to BGG(6:39 PM):
Thank you it is a great crew

magnetlady says(6:39 PM):
I'm ready

BGG says to magnetlady(6:39 PM):
Well there we have it - Let's GO!!

BGG says(6:40 PM):
Mrs BGG - would you mind kicking us off right?

MrsBGG says(6:40 PM):
Heavenly Father, we come to You by the Blood of Jesus. Thank You for Your amazing love, grace, mercy & forgiveness. Thank You that You are Immanuel, "God with us" . Thank You Holy Spirit that You lead and guide us into all truth. Thank You for a New Year! We pray for Your will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. We thank You for each person on the site and all those who serve and help. We pray for all the News Researchers that You will continue to give them wisdom as they bring in the News. We pray that You will bless each person and their families. We love You and trust You We give You all the glory, Honor and Praise! In Jesus Name, Amen.

wilson6060 says(6:40 PM):
amen
BGG says(6:40 PM):
Amen
morris says(6:40 PM):
Amen
ABNewsflash says(6:40 PM):
Amen
baxter says(6:40 PM):
AMEN
Okie Dinar says(6:40 PM):
Amen
willie60 says(6:40 PM):
amen
Dabmac says(6:40 PM):
amen
chim-chim says(6:40 PM):
Amen!
SRW says(6:40 PM):
Amen
john09 says(6:40 PM):
Amen
1bobby says(6:40 PM):
AMEN
MadDScout says(6:40 PM):
Amen
Charlie&Gracie says(6:40 PM):
Amen
sagecanyon says(6:40 PM):
Amen
dale says(6:40 PM):
Amen
larrykn says(6:40 PM):
Amen
Carl_H says(6:40 PM):
Amen
hunter59 says(6:40 PM):
AMEN
sassy says(6:42 PM):
Amen

MrsBGG says(6:42 PM):
Welcome everyone to News Time tonight! We are glad you are here For anyone new tonight, during News Time, if you have a question or comment please use a ? and then we will let you know when to go. It makes it easier on the copiers and readers Sit back , relax , and enjoy!

MadDScout says(6:43 PM):
Yes sir?

BGG says(6:43 PM):
Any thoughts to get things kicked off??

Biggest piece of news today/yesterday?

MadDScout says(6:45 PM):
I was thinking if you wanted a positive news story one only need pick that category they want to hear it from

BGG says(6:45 PM):
You pick - what's the biggest for you?

MadDScout says(6:45 PM):
There is many good moves happening from the banks offering better interest rates to Mosul potentially being done way sooner than thought

BGG says(6:46 PM):
That is a biggie - for sure.

MadDScout says(6:46 PM):
My anticipation is with what parliament does on its session to come

This one is chock ful o'

And this one is Abadi's chance to redeem himself to parliament according to reports

Ministers

3 at the moment

Bobby?

Interior, defense and, finance?

1bobby says to MadDScout(6:50 PM):
hey Pat

MadDScout says(6:51 PM):
Bobby was defense one of the ministers?

1bobby says to MadDScout(6:51 PM):
That's correct

MadDScout says(6:51 PM):
I thought

and the other 2?

1bobby says to MadDScout(6:51 PM):
You got it right on your 3

Interior and Finance

MadDScout says(6:52 PM):
I am sure of defense and believe the interior is the other one

there were 3

Ok

1bobby says to MadDScout(6:52 PM):
Yep Interior, Defense and Finance

MadDScout says(6:52 PM):
National Alliance confirms the project to proceed "settlement" Despite reservation cleric

09/01/2017 (0:01 pm) - The number of readings: 71

Baghdad / long - Presse

He returned the Iraqi National Alliance once again to talk about the "political settlement" after two weeks of veiled criticism from Sistani for the project, and his claim blocks bear the responsibility before the people.

The leadership of the National Coalition Authority announced that it bears full responsibility before the people the details of the settlement terms and timing of the put and provide chances of success according to the constitution, stressing the need to continue national and international encounters, to remove all obstacles and doubts faced by the march of the project.

National Reconciliation moving ahead

And committed to the President of the National Alliance, Ammar al-Hakim, two weeks ago, the silence after the reference to the positions which I have lack of enthusiasm for the project in its current form, through two statements followed the visit of the National Alliance delegation to Najaf and guarantees to meet a number of references to religion with the exception of the highest religious authority.

However, Jan Kubiš, the head of the UN mission in Iraq, he returned days later to discuss a "settlement" with the head of the National Alliance, Ammar al-Hakim. Kubiš confirmed the existence of a clear regional support for the draft settlement, as well as the availability of partners for a settlement to the extent that allows the launching of the initiative.

BGG says(6:54 PM):
I really think the rhetoric from the Cleric is "old school" politics.

MadDScout says(6:54 PM):
So do I

BGG says(6:54 PM):
I'm doubtful he's as influential as he sounds...

MadDScout says(6:55 PM):
And is alone newspaper (range) to publish the text of the "historic compromise" which unveiled it in its 3771 issued on October 31 last, has been circulating widely, locally and regionally, and opened the door for debate about the possibility of develop a vision and an Iraqi national for after Daesh.

He said the National Alliance, in a statement received (range Press) copy of it on Sunday, said that "the leadership of the National Alliance held its ordinary course, where she discussed the developments in the security and political situation in Iraq and the region, and the victories achieved by our security forces from the army, the police and the crowd and folk clan and the Peshmerga."

BGG says(6:55 PM):
the big money is headed to Iraq. He'll have less and less say.

Hakim is pushing forward

BGG says(6:55 PM):
Of course he is.

he's the future.

He gets it.

He said the coalition statement said that "the meeting expressed their conviction and condemnation of recent terrorist operations against innocent people of our people", adding that "the meeting stressed the need to expedite the selection of efficient elements of the vacant ministries, especially the security ones."

She stressed the leadership to "continue the path initiated by the National Alliance in the national settlement project full responsibility and carry it with him before the people the details and the timing of its provisions raised and provide chances of success on in accordance with the Constitution and national constants."

The statement continued that "the leadership stressed the need to continue the national, regional and international encounters, and remove all obstacles and doubts faced by the march of national settlement project."

After visiting the National Alliance delegation to Najaf, Hamed Khafaf, a spokesman for Sistani, he said that "His Eminence stressed did not express any attitude toward this project has informed the representative of the Secretary General of the United Nations and other stakeholders in the foregoing that he does not see the interest of pushing the religious authority in Najaf Ashraf is in this project. "

He pumice that Sistani "believes that the political forces should assume full responsibility for it before the people the details and the timing of its provisions raised and provide chances of success and so on."

Moreover, the cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, 12 proposals before the most prominent Shiite alliance to change the faces of their leaders to fully gain the trust of reference, which prompted the Shiite parties to put doubts the possibility of the success of "political settlement" after the recent positions of reference, religious and chest.

In a related context, eloquent Abu Galal, a leading figure in the Supreme Council headed by Ammar al-Hakim, Scott reference criticized for alleged leading role in the Liberal bloc of blocs they are closer to the religious authority.

Said Abu Galal, the clip posted on his page in Facebook, he said that "the position of the reference and its response to the MP from the Bloc citizen Salim Shawki was correct and accurate, about the visit of the National Alliance delegation to Najaf, although the overall situation has led to Ovetna stream martyr Mehrab" .

He asked Assistant President of the National Alliance for the reason responded upper reference a statement by its spokesman on the deputy in mass citizen Salim Chawki although it is not an official spokesman for the bloc, is not considered an aide to Mr. Ammar al-Hakim, as he does not take an organizational or leadership in the stream martyr responsibility mihrab. Abu tirelessly expressed surprise at the "lack of response representative of the reference to a spokesman for the political body of the Sadrist movement Jawad al-Jubouri, when saying that Mr. al-Sadr is the closest characters to the religious authority."

Read More https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...te-reservation

MadDScout says(6:58 PM):
Reconciliation project brings a lot of positives to the table

Brings Iraq into a closer relationship to the secularized(as much as any mid east country)

Less sectarian based issues to gum the works

ABNewsflash had a good report

AB you here?

ABNewsflash says(7:00 PM):
this is from the cbi news and announcements today

MadDScout says(7:00 PM):
Gohead

ABNewsflash says(7:01 PM):
To / licensed banks and financial companies all conversion (uncles) 08/01/2017

here is the PDF file translated

Financial Operations Department and debt management window of the sale and purchase of foreign currency j and Kharafi t / for records to licensed banks and money transfer all greeting fold purpose to participate in the sale of foreign currency window Please submit all applications to the circle of financial operations and debt management from Sunday a brief summary (8 / a. ")... with appreciation...

MadDScout says to ABNewsflash(7:03 PM):
These are those who would be part of the sale of the foreign currency?

MadDScout says to ABNewsflash(7:04 PM):
Must have app's turned in?

to be a part of the sale

Sound right Andrew?

Any??'s

ABNewsflash says(7:05 PM):
looks like that deadline was today at 8 a.m. to put their request in to sell foreign currency

application to sell foreign currency

BGG says(7:06 PM):
Sounds like they are getting VERY PICKY about this...

MadDScout says to ABNewsflash(7:06 PM):
That was my take

tony57 says(7:06 PM):
Watch Fox news right now

MadDScout says to BGG(7:06 PM):
Are they in a hurry? LOL

(fingers and toes)

BGG says(7:08 PM):
Also - RCookie was talking about, and brought a very interesting article

BGG says to MadDScout(7:08 PM):
(probably)

BGG says(7:09 PM):
RCookie's article spoke to the border crossing thrust to regulate "currency smuggling" - my take??

IMHO - they don't want "unauthorized" currency transfers OUTSIDE the country... ask yourself why?

Pablo says(7:10 PM):
Too many foreigners buying camels?

BGG says to Pablo(7:11 PM):
strike one...

MadDScout says to BGG(7:12 PM):
?

MrsBGG says(7:12 PM):
go

Is there not a trade restriction with regard to the Rial/Toman?

awesomedtl says(7:12 PM):
they are getting readyto revalue their currency??

as to amount?

BGG says(7:12 PM):
and quite honestly - I am not sure, but I am suspicious the "outside" number is the one they are most concerned with.

it also has special interest rates than the dinar in the banks

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:12 PM):
They have pretty much told us so... in a number of different ways.

awesomedtl says(7:13 PM):
im stiill waiting lol

BGG says to MadDScout(7:13 PM):
probably.

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:13 PM):
This commentary is recent.

MadDScout says to awesomedtl(7:13 PM):
: D

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:13 PM):
Why would they tell us?

awesomedtl says(7:13 PM):
we have heard so much

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:14 PM):
Not this - not until lately.

MadDScout says to awesomedtl(7:14 PM):
Was it a question? LOL

awesomedtl says(7:14 PM):
hmm why would they?

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:14 PM):
Because they don't care if you know.

they aren't talking to you and I...

awesomedtl says(7:14 PM):
cuz we are the little fish in ther eyes

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:15 PM):
AND Shabibi did say - they would tell (educate) their people leading up to this event/start of "the project"...

Pablo says(7:16 PM):
?

MrsBGG says to Pablo(7:16 PM):
go

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:16 PM):
Everyone is little fish - in their eyes.

Pablo says(7:16 PM):
Is there still some concern about crooked politicians smuggling currency out, or has that been more or less locked down?

BGG says to Pablo(7:16 PM):
This is the jist of that article RCookie brought the other day.

david334 says(7:17 PM):
?

BGG says to david334(7:18 PM):
Go

david334 says(7:18 PM):
are we talking about transaction payments where the dinar is one of the cuerencies being converted ?

Pablo says(7:19 PM):
?

david334 says(7:19 PM):
Around the auction

BGG says to david334(7:20 PM):
I was talking in general terms - overview and the CBI/GOI attacking corruption and currency smuggling at the border crossings. This shows a very different sensitivity to this than we have seen in the past. Why??

david334 says(7:21 PM):
?

BGG says to david334(7:22 PM):
As far as I am aware - Dinar is only being used inside Iraq for transactions.

not external (at least not yet).

david334 says(7:22 PM):
Thx

MadDScout says to BGG(7:22 PM):
Comment

MrsBGG says to MadDScout(7:22 PM):
go

awesomedtl says(7:22 PM):
seriously?? what are the peeps doing with the dollar than there??

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:23 PM):
Let's listen to Pat and then - if you don't mind clarifying for me - we'll talk.

MadDScout says to david334(7:24 PM):
They did start allowing the transactions to be in IQD but instead of converting them at a window they do it as a function of the transaction as one here would use a dollar to pay something online that is, say in euros

Pablo says(7:24 PM):
?

MadDScout says to david334(7:24 PM):
They bring their dinar to the bank to make a remittence then it gets sent in the appropriate currency

BGG says to MadDScout(7:25 PM):
Still internal to Iraq though - correct?

MadDScout says to david334(7:25 PM):
remittance*

MadDScout says to BGG(7:25 PM):
Yes

they just removed the middle man

now it is a function of the transaction

Can be confusing

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:26 PM):
Now - if you would please clarify what you are aksing here?? ..."seriously?? what are the peeps doing with the dollar than there??"...

awesomedtl says(7:27 PM):
you mentioned that they are only using the iqd>....... what are they doing with the us dollar than?

BGG says to awesomedtl(7:28 PM):
Either you misunderstood me or I misspoke - that is not an accurate portrayal.

The USD is being used still.

awesomedtl says(7:29 PM):
ok no biggie! prolly it was me anyway lol

MadDScout says to awesomedtl(7:29 PM):
remittances

MrsBGG says to Pablo(7:29 PM):
Go

Pablo says(7:29 PM):
Have debit/credit cards really gone mainstream in Iraq, or are they still limited in use?

MadDScout says to Pablo(7:30 PM):
They have grown by leaps and bounds outpacing banking services at the moment

BGG says to Pablo(7:30 PM):
I am not sure. We have seen reports talkign about cards being used and available more - but to be proof positive is tough.

New fiber optics are being laid in the gulf right now

Pablo says(7:30 PM):
I heard about that.

they have lifi instead of wifi which allows 100 times the capacity of wifi

BGG says to Pablo(7:30 PM):
I suspect they will - soon... but one thing, people need to have money before they need a card... : S

Pablo says(7:31 PM):
Good point.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:31 PM):
lol

BGG says to MadDScout(7:31 PM):
I need some "lifi" here -

and a card.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:31 PM):
Indeed!

MadDScout says(7:33 PM):
More and more business will move to paying employees with smart cards

The banks and telecom industry pays in that fashion now and more are to come

their employees

MadDScout says to BGG(7:35 PM):
Want a bank story?

BGG says to MadDScout(7:35 PM):
Sure - whynot?

MadDScout says to BGG(7:35 PM):
Rivers raise rates for savings accounts of citizens rate

09/01/2017 (0:01 pm) - The number of readings: 50 - Issue (3821)

Baghdad / term

Rafidain Bank, announced to raise interest savings accounts own citizens rates, indicating that short-term credit benefits for a year of 9%.

Press office of the bank said in a press statement received "long", that "the management of the bank decided to raise Alvaidhlhassabat savings own citizens prices", noting that "the general benefits of bank's own accounts savings amounting to 4% In terms of fixed deposits for a period of six months, amounting to 5% either fixed deposit for a year amounts to 5.5 percent of their benefits. "

He added that "the benefits of fixed for more than two years of deposits and $ 50 million and above have become 7% instead of 6%," noting that he "also decided to raise the interest regarding the dollar to 3% deposit of $ million and above, and add half of one percent to 3.5 % if the amount is $ 5 million and above. "

The office confirmed that "the benefits of short-term credit for a year of 9% and the medium term, any more than a year and up to two years of 10%. As a long-term credit benefits amounts to 11%," explaining that "deposits Iraqis in Iran turned into Toman and the ratio of interest in Iraq 5 % which is equivalent to 20% in Iran, according to their currency, similar to foreign banks. "

MadDScout says(7:36 PM):
https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...-citizens-rate

BGG says to MadDScout(7:36 PM):
Now THAT - was a GREAT BANK STORY!! : D

MadDScout says(7:36 PM):
Working on getting them customers

MadDScout says to BGG(7:37 PM):
LOL lol

MadDScout says(7:38 PM):
Any??'s

BGG says(7:38 PM):
Here's how I'll end tonite...

with a Recap of an earlier conversation...

(very relevant)

MeginHim says(7:39 PM):
?

MrsBGG says to MeginHim(7:39 PM):
go

MeginHim says(7:39 PM):
You talked about "re-integration." Is that the same as revalue .. are we still believing that they will revalue around .90 equal to 1 dinar to begin with?

BGG says(7:39 PM):
BGG (Dinar Guru) – …everyone (me included) has operated under this premise that “they” wouldn’t tell us…like it’s some big secret… “the WHALES would sweep in and buy up Iraq for pennies on the dollar”…WHO WOULD THE WHALES BUY IT FROM? the amount of Dinar in circulation outside of Iraq is a set number – they could care less who owns it…me – you – the guy down the street… it’s all the same to them. …these articles they are printing are for their own people and their own purposes. Nothing to do with us… we are actually the little fish in this whole play. …the currency “re-integration” is NOT THE BIG PLAY HERE. Big time traders will make money on this the same way they always do – by trading once this new market goes digital and is accessible…and the big play is the “wall of investment capital” Iraq will get hit with once this happens. Once they are fully re-integrated in the world economy – THIS IS THE REAL PLAY. [The first few days on the ISX after their currency is international is going to be facinating.] Could be the biggest single movement in this whole happening.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/

awesomedtl says(7:40 PM):
thank you madscout , bgg, mrs bgg and gang!!!

MadDScout says to awesomedtl(7:41 PM):
My pleasure

BGG says to MeginHim(7:41 PM):
That's not exactly the same "re-integration" is more like a term the international community is using to describe this move to "re-engage" Iraq with the rest of the world economically. It is likely sometime around the same time they will start the project to "Remove the 3 Zero notes" as they have outlined over and over...

MrsBGG says to awesomedtl(7:41 PM):
you are welcome! We are blessed with an amazing team here @ DU!!

BGG says to MeginHim(7:42 PM):
the beginning stages of this "project" will likely include some change in the value of the Dinar.

awesomedtl says(7:42 PM):
yes I havent been inhere fro long time but been on the website daily, thank you for all ,ur husband and gang do to keep us informed!!

BGG says to MeginHim(7:43 PM):
This is the stage most here are after - but there is much more to follow as well. It get more and more exciting by the day.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:43 PM):
?

MrsBGG says to MadDScout(7:43 PM):
go

MadDScout says to BGG(7:43 PM):
Did you see 3 banks made it to the isx of the ones needing to complete their public offering?

of 8 which needed to be on the isx

BGG says to MadDScout(7:44 PM):
I did - that was VERY interesting!!

MadDScout says to BGG(7:44 PM):
: )

MadDScout says to BGG(7:44 PM):
good stuff

BGG says to MadDScout(7:45 PM):
Very good stuff.

Good nite all - have a good one!!

Josie says(7:46 PM):
For those that may be interested, tonights episode of "War Stories with Colonel Oliver North" on Fox News is dedicated to the fight for Mosul and what they are up against with ISIS. It is very good. It will be re-broadcast again tonight at 10PM cst if folks are interested.

MadDScout says(7:46 PM):
Thank you everyone

awesomedtl says(7:47 PM):
( y )

1bobby says(7:47 PM):
Thank you and appreciate all your efforts

MadDScout says to 1bobby(7:47 PM):
(handshake)

MrsBGG says(7:47 PM):
Thank you everyone for joining us! Love & Blessings to you'all! ( L )

MadDScout says to awesomedtl(7:47 PM):
( y )

MadDScout says to MrsBGG(7:47 PM):
Thank you have a great rest of your evening

Okie Dinar says(7:47 PM):
Thank you all very much!!

MadDScout says to Okie Dinar(7:48 PM):
(handshake)

MrsBGG says(7:48 PM):
you are welcome ! Thank you

MrsBGG says to magnetlady(7:48 PM):
Thank you for copying & editing!!