NEWSSTIME WITH BGG and Co. – Tuesday, Decemeber 27, 2016

Thread: NEWSSTIME WITH BGG and Co. – Tuesday, Decemeber 27, 2016

NEWSSTIME WITH BGG and Co. – Tuesday, Decemeber 27, 2016

BGG says(6:36 PM):
    Let's kick this thing off...

tons and tons of interesting info to cover.

Mrs BGG - would you?

MrsBGG says(6:37 PM):
    Heavenly Father we come to You by the Blood of Jesus! Thank You Jesus for coming in the flesh to be our Savior! Thank You that You are Immanuel, "God with us". Thank You for your presence Holy Spirit. Thank You Holy Spirit for leading and guiding us. Thank You for this season of celebration with our family and friends. We are so grateful for them and the joy they are We know that every gift comes from You We thank You for everyone @ DU who helps and serves. We pray that You will bless each person and their families here. We pray for BGG and all the News Researchers that You will continue to give them wisdom as they bring in the News. We give You all the Glory, Honor, and Praise. In Jesus Name, Amen.

cricket22 says(6:37 PM):
    (L) AMEN (L)
    david334 says(6:37 PM):
    AMEN
    scottiegirl says(6:37 PM):
    Amen!
    BGG says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    john09 says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    JR67 says(6:37 PM):
    amen
    bibi says(6:37 PM):
    amen
    ABNewsflash says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    dale says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    SRW says to MrsBGG(6:37 PM):
    Amen..
    sassy says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    hutch says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    baxter says(6:37 PM):
    amen
    digiman1 says(6:37 PM):
    amen
    jimplants says(6:37 PM):
    AMEN
    bubbles says(6:37 PM):
    amen
    pacella says(6:37 PM):
    AMEN(v)
    subgirl says(6:37 PM):
    AMEN!!
    MadDScout says(6:37 PM):
    Amen
    magnetlady says(6:38 PM):
    AMEN
    sagecanyon says(6:38 PM):
    Amen
    MrsBGG says(6:39 PM):
    Thank you everyone for joining us for News Time!! We are so glad that you'all joined us tonight!! For anyone new, during News Time if you have a question or comment , please us a ? and then we will let you know when to go It makes it easier on the copiers and readers to understand. We appreciate you'all! Sit back , relax , and enjoy .

BGG says(6:39 PM):
    Before we get too far along here I want to thank all the people who make DU the place that it is. Our Mods, Chat Copiers, News peeps, researchers and more. We appreciate THEM ALL. It takes the whole team.

(Woops - left out our whole FaceBook admin team - sorry)

Also - be sure to tune in for the "After Call" with RCookie, Mr White, Daytrader and Hutch tomorrow nite. Details on THE BLOG.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/

BGG says(6:41 PM):
    I know I'll be looking forward to it...

Whew - were to start??

Decline in the dollar exchange rate in local markets

Economy News / Baghdad …Dollar exchange rate in the domestic market in the Stock Exchange fell on Monday.

Bourse struggle – Baghdad 130.800, while the Stock Exchange struggle to 131.100 on Sunday.

Buying and selling in shops Banking Rates:
    ollar selling price = 131.250 dinars.
    The purchase price of the dollar = 130.250 dinars.

This article will get some “airplay” – looks like a shady translation to me… if there were a “real move” we would know it AND the removal of the 3 zeros “project” does NOT refer to simply eliminating one, two or three decimal points from the nominal value. However, if they wind up at a value around 1 USD it may, in fact, look like it – but this project name is referring to the removal of the large notes. PERIOD.

BGG says(6:47 PM):
    Three more months to retake Mosul, says Abadi

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – The fight for Mosul will take another three months, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced on Tuesday as the ongoing battle to liberate the group’s stronghold in the northern Iraqi city is paused to allow Iraqi forces to regroup.
    Speaking at a press conference following a meeting of his cabinet in Baghdad, Abadi said “to finish ISIS, we need three more months.”...

My comment on this one - I'm a little surprised...

Abadi was very optimistic recently - he's now a little more conservative... not that it matters to the financial and economic reform tracks all that much - just interesting. No need to stress.

in fact, a really nice segway to two other pieces of recent News...

We agreed with al-Abadi to complete political reforms

BAGHDAD / Sky Press: He said the cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, on Monday, he agreed with Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to complete political reforms, while noting that the attack on the Christian component is a "terrorist act."

Sadr said in a joint news conference with Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and I followed, "Sky Press," that "our meeting today with Abadi was fruitful and we agreed on three points," noting that "the point at first was supported by the Iraqi army and the complete liberalization of Mosul, the second point is complete political reforms, and the third represented the support of moderation in Iraq. "...

This is Sadr's coalition agreeing with Abadi on moving forward - the big reason I see this as "fiscally important" is it could be tied to UN/IMF support on any "reintegration" into the world economies. They need that support - I am of the opinion their support has something to do with national unity and dropping the "tribal war" attitude.

is it big? Probably...

BGG says(6:54 PM):
    which leads us to this one...

a real hummdinger...

Deputy: Adoption of accountability and justice law firm guarantee of a comprehensive political settlement

...in a press statement on Monday (December 26 2016), that "accountability and justice of the agreed rules in the first paper of the political blocs law , " indicating that " the law will be passed after the holiday and the beginning of the next legislative term , " according to Manglth agency Nina.

He said al- Hilali " The passing of the bill will be required on all sides resolving the outstanding issues in order to move the political settlement which will be an important step for the peaceful and stable Iraq."...

Read More: https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...y-Adoption-of-

BGG says(6:56 PM):
    Pretty much explains itself - be sure to look that one up.

Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours. – John Locke

MrsBGG says(6:57 PM):
    Are there any questions or comments?

If you have a comment, please use your ?

BGG says(6:58 PM):
    Pat? Comments?

MadDScout says to BGG(6:58 PM):
    I did have that one cued

MeginHim says(6:59 PM):
    ?

BGG says(6:59 PM):
    Sorry.

MadDScout says to BGG(6:59 PM):
    I thought a good report

MrsBGG says to MeginHim(6:59 PM):
    GO

BGG says(6:59 PM):
    Good thinkin'!!

nromeo says(6:59 PM):
    ?

MadDScout says to BGG(6:59 PM):
    A lot on the plate when they come back

MeginHim says(6:59 PM):
    In one of the debates Trump said Iran was going to take over Iraq. I have heard this elsewhere too. Can you speak to this?

mfree05 says(7:00 PM):
    ?

BGG says(7:01 PM):
    Chalk that up to "rhetoric" - not literal. Is he right? Will Iran have more influence now? Yes. Will they take over? I doubt it.

MrsBGG says to nromeo(7:01 PM):
    GO

nromeo says(7:01 PM):
    are the reserves still being depleted and if so isn't that still corruption which means they wii hold up on the increase of the dinar until they get a handle on it?

BGG says to nromeo(7:02 PM):
    That is the complaint - I wonder if some of that isn't internal partisan politics?? Hard to say. However, I doubt this lasts long enough for any of that "arc" to matter.

MrsBGG says to mfree05(7:02 PM):
    Go

mfree05 says(7:02 PM):
    When dose the next session of Parliament start?

BGG says(7:02 PM):
    Pat?

wickedwitch1 says(7:02 PM):
    ?

MadDScout says(7:03 PM):
    Jan 7

MrsBGG says to wickedwitch1(7:03 PM):
    GO

mfree05 says(7:03 PM):
    thank you

wickedwitch1 says(7:03 PM):
    Articles are coming out about leaving article 7 and moving into article 8. Is this something that matters, or just played up by the gurus?

MadDScout says to mfree05(7:03 PM):
    (y)

MadDScout says to wickedwitch1(7:03 PM):
    Are you talking about ch7?

BGG says to MadDScout(7:04 PM):
    : D

wickedwitch1 says(7:04 PM):
    yes...sorry

I was trying to get to that...

One is Chapter 7 - the other is Article 8

MadDScout says to BGG(7:04 PM):
    (smile)

Apples and grape fruits.

MadDScout says(7:04 PM):
    LOL

wickedwitch1 says(7:05 PM):
    LOL...thought they were the same thing

BGG says to wickedwitch1(7:05 PM):
    So do most Gurus.

MrsBGG says(7:06 PM):
    Okay any other questions or comments?

BGG says to MadDScout(7:06 PM):
    Pat - why don't you bring some news. I have a couple of 'dingers to finish with.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:07 PM):
    Ok this is a kind of Iran/Iraq looking forward report

BGG says to MadDScout(7:07 PM):
    HUA?

MadDScout says(7:08 PM):
    I just realized it is also rather long and have another good one

your choice

BGG says to MadDScout(7:08 PM):
    You doin' this.

BGG says to MadDScout(7:08 PM):
    not me.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:08 PM):
    Iraq calls for the implementation of e - dinar

26/12/2016 (0:01 pm) - The number of readings: 348 - Issue (3811)

Baghdad / term

Rafidain Bank urged to leave work instruments system before issuing the e-dinar.
    The Director of the Rafidain Bank Khawla student, in a press statement, said that
    "electronic money are important in increasing the money supply within the banking
    system," indicating it would "contribute to the creation of deposits out of bank
    records and help to monitor and control the movement of these deposits."

She stressed that "the electronic system helps eliminate corruption and fraud and
    speed up the collection and payment and provision of services have the consent of
    the citizens and increase the level of culture among the society", calling on the
    media to "that supports the banking business in Iraq and not to discredit the banks
    because it would shake the trust between the public and the banks." .

Jabbar and stressed "the need to leave work instruments system before issuing the
    e-dinar with the emphasis on raising public awareness of distasteful regimes
    electronic payment."

The e-dinar means get rid of the payment in cash to electronic payment through
    credit cards, which operates most of the countries.

Link

Read More :https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...66-Iraq-calls-
    for-the-implementation-of-e-dinar

MadDScout says to BGG(7:09 PM):
    I don't want to "spoiler alert" anything the guys may talk about tomorrow

MadDScout says to BGG(7:10 PM):
    But I thought another good economic report

BGG says to MadDScout(7:10 PM):
    Now you are gonna' have to keep going - cause I don't have much left to finish with : D

MadDScout says(7:10 PM):
    This report or another report?

BGG says to MadDScout(7:11 PM):
    that was one I had qued up - no big... you're on.

MadDScout says(7:11 PM):
    Iran and Iraq .. distinctive economic relations on the threshold of 2017

2016-12-27 22:04:39 | (Voice of Iraq) - time - after it was some observers expect the decline in Iraqi - Iranian economic relations after 2014. It did not happen and these relations have been growing steadily.

The economic relations between the two countries began in 2003 after the fall of Saddam Hussein 's regime in 2005 , Iranian exports to Iraq amounted to $ 790 million and in 2006 the amount reached the billion dollars, but until 2006 , the Iraqi market did not respond to the requirements of trade with Iran and the desire in this a few area in the Iraqi market is open to Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States and the trade exchange between Iran and Iraq , below the one billion dollars , but after the visit of the Iraqi prime minister to Iran in 2006 , a committee was formed for the development of economic relations between the two countries and then increased volume of trade between them is not to 4 billion and $ 439 million in 2010.

MadDScout says(7:11 PM):
    if we add to this amount the size of exchanges in the field of energy as well then we get to $ 7 billion, has visited Iran in that year 300,000 Iraqi tourists, and in the following year , in 2011 volume of trade exchange between the two countries 5 billion and 149 million dollars did not matter to the dairy and food last Calcnoat limited but included industrial goods and household items as well.

In 2012 trade volume reached 6 billions and 249 million dollars Lama in 2013 has eased slightly to become the number five billion and 949 million dollars and in 2014 returned to the figure to rise to exceed $ 6 billion.

The trade relations between Iran and Iraq is witnessing continued growth as we mentioned, but with the start of an attack organization Daesh terrorist in Iraq and the fall of Mosul , the Iraqi government decided to reduce the country 's imports increased by 30 percent , and in conjunction with the crisis , falling oil prices , but the figures published by the country indicate that the volume of trade exchange with Iran not only has not diminished but has been rising on the contrary, and in 2015 came to 6 billion and 237 million dollars with the exception of oil trade and if oil trade we add also to the size of the trade - offs we find that the amount is $ 14 billion in 2014 , according to the announcement by Iraqi customs and this includes electricity exports and exports of technical and engineering services as well.

MadDScout says(7:12 PM):
    It is expected to reach the trade exchange between Iran and Iraq in the current size of 20,166 billion half billion dollars despite the fact that the Iraqi government Allowaradt cut by 10 percent for the second year in a row.

In a period of falling oil prices , Iraq 's budget size declined from $ 100 billion in 2014 to $ 45 billion in 2015 , but trade with Iran size grew Unlike the rest of the areas and the number of Iraqi tourists who visited Iran in 2015 , two and a half million tourists.

MadDScout says(7:12 PM):
    Iran and Iraq relations on the threshold of 2017

Next year is the year of the Iraq economic austerity similar to last year and this year, with a budget of Iraq in 2017, $ 70 billion , but the economic relations between Tehran and Baghdad is going according to the decree scheme which is witnessing an increase in size continuously.

Iran 's rivals in Iraq

Turkey occupies first place in trade with Iraq , which accounts for 22 percent of the Iraqi market , followed by Iran with 13 percent and China with 12 percent, and Iran acquires a 10 to 15 percent of the Iraqi market.

Experts and analysts , economists and confirms that Iran and Iraq have enjoyed excellent relations roots date back to the cultural and religious affinities between the two peoples and vast border between the two countries have been Iraqis accustomed to during these years on the Iranian foodstuffs including dairy and poultry meat and livestock Iraqis trust the traders Iranians , and that 's what made the relations between the two countries are excellent .

MadDScout says(7:13 PM):
    It is expected to see trade relations between the two countries , a jump over the past 3 and 4 the next , where economists activists say government organizations involved in the two countries are planning to deliver the volume of trade exchange between Iran and Iraq to $ 20 billion per year within 3 to 4 coming years.

Link

MadDScout says(7:13 PM):
    https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...eshold-of-2017
    MadDScout says(7:14 PM):
    Looks like cooperation not coercion
    MadDScout says(7:14 PM):
    Kuwait gives Iraq $ 100 million

Views 10 Date 12/27/2016 - 10:59

Economy News / Baghdad ...

Kuwait announced on Tuesday its willingness to grant the fund the reconstruction of
    the affected towns in Iraq, US $ 100 million to help Baghdad to implement
    strategic projects in Anbar province.

Said Mustafa al-Hiti, head of the fund said in a statement "the economy News"
    received a copy of it, that "Kuwait expressed its willingness to give the fund the
    reconstruction of the affected towns in Iraq, US $ 100 million to help Baghdad to
    implement strategic projects in Anbar province

He added that al-Hiti, "the Kuwaiti grant will be allocated for the rehabilitation of
    the highway link between Iraq and Jordan," he said, adding that "this road will not
    be useful to Anbar only, but all Iraqi provinces."

Hiti said that "the road will be completed in the first half of 2017".

mm
    Content link

Read More :https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthread.php?44972-
    Kuwait-gives-Iraq-100-million

MadDScout says(7:15 PM):
    This is a "Grant"

MadDScout says(7:15 PM):
    Not a loan

MadDScout says(7:17 PM):
    JMO I think they have worked out most of the remaining restitution to Kuwait issues just to address the reports from facebook today

BGG says to MadDScout(7:17 PM):
    Seems pretty cozy when Iraq is supposed to finish off their CH7 soon - Kuwait is just passin' out the dough.

MadDScout says(7:18 PM):
    Whether being paid, is paid or, going to be paid, they have it worked out.(MO)

BGG says to MadDScout(7:18 PM):
    I'm sure there is some "good faith" - intent here. ISIS is on the way out the Saudis and Kuwaitis are looked as (generally) Sunni backers...

BGG says to MadDScout(7:18 PM):
    I'm sure they want none of that hung around their neck - true or otherwise.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:19 PM):
    Yes and Iraq today talk of holding Saudis responsible

BGG says to MadDScout(7:19 PM):
    They always do...

Seemed heated

But is a one to watch

This was Abadi today

BGG says to MadDScout(7:19 PM):
    Yuppers...

MadDScout says to BGG(7:20 PM):
    I don't have the report in front of me

BGG says to MadDScout(7:21 PM):
    Here's one...

MadDScout says to BGG(7:21 PM):
    Here is another neighbor report

Oops

BGG says(7:21 PM):
    Ok - you go first.

Jordan proposes on Iraq set up a joint industrial free zone between the two countries

Views 12 Date 12/27/2016 - 09:46

Economy News / Baghdad ...

Suggested the Minister of Commerce, Industry and Supply Jordan expresses judges who is currently visiting Baghdad, the Iraqi Ministry of Trade set up a joint industrial free zone between the two countries.

He said Planning Minister / Minister of Trade and agency Salman Jumaili at a joint news conference with the judge, who is on an official visit to Iraq after a meeting between the two sides that the Iraqi - Jordanian relations are distinct and strong relations because of the common bond between the two countries.

He disclosed that the visit of Dr. Minister of Commerce, Industry and Supply Jordan to Iraq represents an important step because it included raised a number of important issues, including the possibility of development and rehabilitation of the joint Trebil border, given their importance in trade, tourism and economic activity between the two countries service.

He Jumaili we discussed in the joint for our meeting a proposal by the Jordanian side is the possibility to work on the establishment of a free industrial zone shared by benefiting from the Jordanian experience in this area, adding that the establishment of such a zone would attract large investments in the industrial sector as well as Mayofarh of support and development of the Iraqi industrial environment, the two parties agreed to form a joint technical committees to study this proposal and provide an integrated vision of the project.

He Jumaili that the Iraqi - Jordanian relations will witness a qualitative leap in the next stage after the demise of the security situation which has impacted negatively on the nature of the trade exchange between the two countries, a brace on the Iraqi government take over these relationships special attention as it represents the support of the Iraqi economy.

For his part, praised the Minister of Commerce, Industry and Supply Jordanian engineer expresses judges improvement in the security and economic situation in Iraq, which reflected positively on the quality of life throughout the country, noting that the unity and security of Iraq is a top priority for the people and the Government of Jordan.

Among the judges that he found great interest by the Iraqi government in the development of bilateral relations in various fields, revealing that his meeting with his Iraqi counterpart, addressed a number of important issues, including the desire of Jordan in the rehabilitation of the border joint crossing the international highway linking Iraq and Jordan, as well as the possibility of rehabilitation of pipeline oil.

According to the judges, said the Jordanian delegation, headed by a large Jordanian Prime Minister will visit Iraq soon in order to activate the joint agreements and confirmation of Jordan support for Iraq's position and the pursuit of work to strengthen relations especially in the economic, investment and trade fields.

mm

Content link

Read More https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...-two-countries

MadDScout says to BGG(7:23 PM):
    (y)

MadDScout says(7:27 PM):
    Any??'s

BGG says(7:27 PM):
    Nope??

OK - here's the last one.

Central Bank eliminates the use of customer financial operations of electronic fee

[Oan- Baghdad] The Central Bank of Iraq, cancel use of customer financial operations of electronic charge.

According to a statement to inform the bank received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of it, "in order to spread the culture of the electronic payment system and the shift from cash to electronic transfers in different financial operations as well as to encourage citizens to adopt modern methods in electronic point of sale [POS], the central bank decided Iraqi that the customer does not bear any fees when using electronic POS scattered across Iraq.

BGG says(7:29 PM):
    Kinda' curious - if you ask me??

I'm not making any kind of "veiled inference" - it's just curious.

Looks like - they are agressively looking to change the economic climate.

BGG says(7:30 PM):
    Pat?

final thoughts?

MadDScout says(7:30 PM):
    They are trying to coax people into holding accounts in the bank?

So they can...

BGG says(7:30 PM):

and other stuff

LOL

loop says(7:31 PM):
    It seems to be another strategy to attract the chunky money and build confidence in the banking system.

... and other stuff...

BGG says to loop(7:31 PM):
    Amen Loopster!!

MadDScout says(7:31 PM):
    If you want to make it appealing to do what you are not used to(holding a bank account) it would seem a good move to "introduce" them at a no fee rate

SRW says to loop(7:32 PM):
    Bingo..

BGG says to MadDScout(7:32 PM):
    and I just hate it when banks start in with that "no fee" business... you just know there's a CATCH!!

MadDScout says to BGG(7:32 PM):
    lol

MadDScout says to BGG(7:32 PM):
    We know it's there

BGG says to MadDScout(7:32 PM):
    "What's in your wallet"?

MadDScout says to BGG(7:33 PM):
    They will "learn" lol

MadDScout says to BGG(7:33 PM):
    Not an Edinar card yet LOL

loop says to BGG(7:33 PM):
    So free checking if not free?? NOOOOOOOOO!

BGG says to MadDScout(7:33 PM):
    They will

MadDScout says to loop(7:33 PM):
    lol

BGG says to loop(7:33 PM):
    some folks in here are about to learn the same thing soon.

MadDScout says(7:33 PM):
    Amen

SRW says to loop(7:33 PM):
    No.. They want account holders.. What a stupid statement.

MadDScout says(7:34 PM):
    I call them "broke in 2 years"

MadDScout says(7:34 PM):
    LOL

BGG says to MadDScout(7:34 PM):
    there are folks in here that will be that way in 2 months.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:35 PM):
    (lol)
    We laugh but it is sad and unneedful

loop says to BGG(7:35 PM):
    I agree. The change in value is when the really works begins.

BGG says(7:35 PM):
    Oh wait - "in this community"... maybe not "in here"

jeffusa says to BGG(7:36 PM):
    we have to be rich first.... just saying

MadDScout says to jeffusa(7:36 PM):
    lol

BGG says to loop(7:36 PM):
    You bet - we'll be ON IT in the war room. That is when the real work starts.

BGG says(7:36 PM):
    OK gang - what a great bunch. Thanks

MadDScout says to BGG(7:36 PM):
    (handshake)

loop says to BGG(7:36 PM):
    Thanks BGG and Pat

risk584944706899152215065432502 says(7:37 PM):
    thanks

MadDScout says to loop(7:37 PM):
    (handshake)

Thank you

magnetlady says(7:37 PM):
    Thanks to everyone.

BGG says(7:37 PM):
    be sure to tune in to the "After Call" with RCookie, Mr White, Daytrader and Hutch tomorrow nite...

MrsBGG says(7:37 PM):
    Thank you BGG & MadDScout!!

Thank you'all for joining us!!

MadDScout says to MrsBGG(7:37 PM):
    (handshake) My pleasure

Love & Blessings to you'all

BGG says(7:37 PM):
    and Thanks to Loop and RCookie for NEWS BOMBING the Chat Room today - you guys were AWESOME!!

MrsBGG says to BGG(7:38 PM):
    yes, whoo hoo rcookie & Loop!!

Last edited by magnetlady; 12-28-2016 at 02:38 AM.