Hey gang - how is everyone??

daytrader says to BGG(6:22 PM):
    Peachy Keen. How long since you heard that one!! LOL

nick says(6:22 PM):
    just great

daytrader says to BGG(6:23 PM):
    Wow. Active group tonite!

jimplants says(6:24 PM):
    now if iraq would cooperate i could get a sky box in AZ. and watch Clemson beat ohio

aminmaine252297875331 says(6:24 PM):
    we are waiting!

daytrader says to jimplants(6:25 PM):
    I prefer a home in AZ, and play golf year-round.

daytrader says to jimplants(6:25 PM):
    Though I might go North for the summer.

jimplants says(6:25 PM):
    i like where i live thanky

daytrader says to jimplants(6:26 PM):
    I do too, just don't like winter...and winter seems to be here.

BGG says to daytrader(6:26 PM):
    Not...

daytrader says to BGG(6:26 PM):
    Not!!

jimplants says(6:26 PM):
    i realize iraq will get around to it just when is the 3.50 dollar queston

BGG says to daytrader(6:26 PM):
    That's more like it... I started sweating as soon as I read your AZ comment.

UGH.

ICKY

daytrader says to BGG(6:27 PM):
    Been on too many vacations there. Not going there except to pass through or a golf tourney.

jimplants says(6:27 PM):
    maui would be nice but you will get island fever

aminmaine252297875331 says(6:28 PM):
    i will risk that for a while!

BGG says to daytrader(6:28 PM):
    That's more like it - great place to visit... or for Northerners as a "winter spite" move.

daytrader says to jimplants(6:28 PM):
    So far, haven't found a good place to scuba dive there.

aminmaine252297875331 says(6:28 PM):
    i love the northeast! i am moving to maine

aminmaine252297875331 says(6:29 PM):
    but would love a warm winter respite

daytrader says to BGG(6:29 PM):
    Usually gettin cabin fever about mid January. Don't like not playing for weeks at a time.

BGG says to aminmaine252297875331(6:29 PM):
    I do love Maine.

jimplants says(6:29 PM):
    go over to the island thqats owned by the oracial dude

aminmaine252297875331 says(6:29 PM):
    so do I

daytrader says to BGG(6:30 PM):
    Agree there. Fall colors inland from the Eastern Seaboard are incredible. Thought I knew fall color growing up in the midwest until my wife convinced me to take a trip to the east in the fall.

jimplants says(6:30 PM):
    and what ever the place is off of maui thats is cresent shaped its beautiful

daytrader says to BGG(6:31 PM):
    Besides, lobster is really affordable there.

BGG says(6:32 PM):
    OK gang - I could use a volunteer to say a prayer to get us started off here.

jimplants says(6:33 PM):
    father we thank you for all you've done for us we thank you that you was placed us here at this time o'clock to help
    others in Jesus name

BGG says(6:35 PM):
    Ok - let's get things kicked off...

Pat will lead off...

MadDScout says(6:36 PM):
    Good evening folks

aminmaine252297875331 says(6:36 PM):
    hi

daytrader says to MadDScout(6:36 PM):
    GE Sir

MadDScout says(6:36 PM):
    I am getting it together if you will give a sec

BGG says(6:36 PM):
    * Mi * Mi * Mi * Mi * Meeeeee *

MadDScout says to daytrader(6:37 PM):
    Hello glad to see you

BGG says(6:37 PM):
    (he's getting warmed up... )

MadDScout says to aminmaine252297875331(6:37 PM):
    Howdy

daytrader says to MadDScout(6:37 PM):
    Been waiting for you guys to get er hummin tonite.

BGG says to daytrader(6:37 PM):
    Thanks Day!

MadDScout says(6:39 PM):
    Iraqi parliament accepts proposal to pay Kurdish gov’t employees in return for oil

By Rudaw 2 hours ago
    4/12/2016

Rudaw file photo of Iraqi parliament in session.

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region—The Iraqi parliament has accepted a proposal submitted by three Kurdish parties to consider paying the salaries of more than half a million Kurdish civil servants in the 2017 budget in return for 550,000 barrels of oil from Kirkuk and the Kurdistan Region’s oilfields.

The proposal, which was submitted by the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), Change Movement (Gorran) and Kurdistan Islamic Group (Komal), 250,000 bpd from the KRG oilfields and 300,000 bpd from Kirkuk should be exported through Iraq’s state-owned company (SOMO).

In return, Baghdad will send the salaries of 650,000 Kurdish civil servants.

The KRG however, issued a statement late on Sunday saying that terms and articles related to the region’s share in Iraq’s 2017 budget bill has failed to address the region’s economic woes.

Meanwhile, The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) faction in parliament boycotted the session, saying that Erbil’s call for the allocation of Peshmerga salaries in the 2017 budget has not been taken into consideration by parliament.

“We, as the KDP faction together with a number of MPs boycotted the parliament session as the KRG’s demands for the Peshmerga salaries and its budget share have not been taken into account,” said Khasraw Goran, head of the KDP bloc in Baghdad.

Last week, Masoud Haider, member of the Iraqi parliament’s finance committee, told Rudaw that there are certain points they will present to Baghdad to add to Erbil’s budget share, including the payment of 100,000 Peshmerga soldiers by Baghdad.

“We have asked Baghdad to allot 50 billion Iraqi dinars [$42 million] for the Peshmerga or provide the salaries of 100,000 Peshmerga soldiers,” Haider said.

The Kurdistan Region has faced a severe financial crisis since early 2014 due to falling oil prices and budget cuts by the federal government. Kurdish and Iraqi leaders have failed to reach an agreement over the issue despite multiple meetings in Baghdad.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...070#post166070

MadDScout says(6:41 PM):
    Here is a related on

House of Representatives approve the budget in 2017 has unanimously

05/12/2016 (0:01 pm) - The number of readings: 196 - Issue (3795)

Baghdad / term

After marathon negotiations fought political blocs throughout the day on Sunday, the House of Representatives voted on the general budget for 2017.

And wrangles final day postpone the parliament session, which was scheduled at five o'clock in the evening, more than once, until they were held at eight o'clock and lasted into late.

And it passed the House of Representatives, in the evening session, with revenues estimated 79.11 trillion Iraqi dinars budget, and a deficit of 21 trillion dinars. It was calculated as the rate of $ 42 for a barrel of a basic source of oil, of which the export of 3.7 million barrels per day, including 250 thousand barrels of the Kurdistan region of oil and 300 thousand barrels of Kirkuk. Parliament also voted to allocate $ 5 for every barrel of oil to the provinces.

The session witnessed the withdrawal of the Kurdistan Democratic bloc in protest against the non-inclusion of the Peshmerga forces allocations in Article IX, which determine the share of the Kurdistan region.

Article 9 / I that "determines the share of the Kurdistan region of 17% Seventeen percent of the actual total expenditures shown in (Table / d expenditures ruling) attached to this law and paid by the Federal Ministry of Finance and the approval of the Prime Minister."

Article 11 of the Budget also provides that "re-examined in the share of the Kurdistan region and governorates not organized in a region in the federal budget for the year 2017 and beyond in light of the results of statistics and the census for the year 2017 to be in the light of determining the actual amount of the share of the region or province are not organized in region in the federal budget for the year / 2018 and display the difference on the Federal Council of Ministers of settlement. ".

BGG says to MadDScout(6:42 PM):
    Lemme' know when you are done...

with this post.

(comment)...

MadDScout says(6:42 PM):
    Parliament also voted on Article 19, which prohibits the three presidencies appointments and the return of all of its members to their constituencies. Paragraph c of the same article, "Stop appointments in the three presidencies (the House of Representatives, the Presidency, the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister's Office), and the agencies and departments its subsidiaries, and may not be transferred services or placement at it from the ministries with the return of all employees of the ministries to their constituencies. ".

Article 33 also included a provision for the deduction of 3.8% from the salaries of state employees in general to cover the popular crowd and displaced expenses and compel the Kurdistan Regional Government to deduct the same percentage of the county staff.

Ok

MadDScout says(6:42 PM):
    Parliament also voted on Article 19, which prohibits the three presidencies appointments and the return of all of its members to their constituencies. Paragraph c of the same article, "Stop appointments in the three presidencies (the House of Representatives, the Presidency, the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister's Office), and the agencies and departments its subsidiaries, and may not be transferred services or placement at it from the ministries with the return of all employees of the ministries to their constituencies. ".

Article 33 also included a provision for the deduction of 3.8% from the salaries of state employees in general to cover the popular crowd and displaced expenses and compel the Kurdistan Regional Government to deduct the same percentage of the county staff.

Read More :https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...as-unanimously

MadDScout says(6:43 PM):
    This is the Kurdish portion that has been approved not the vote on the Budget

That will be Monday at 1PM

MadDScout says to BGG(6:43 PM):
    Go BGG

BGG says to MadDScout(6:43 PM):
    Great comment regarding Monday @ 1pm.

but

this title..

"Iraqi parliament accepts proposal to pay Kurdish gov’t employees in return for oil"

Isn't this a little like "Water is wet"

MadDScout says to BGG(6:44 PM):
    LOL Right

BGG says to MadDScout(6:44 PM):
    or "we've agreed to do everything we've already agreed to do..."

correctly this time...

MadDScout says to BGG(6:44 PM):
    This is an extra amount also

BGG says to MadDScout(6:44 PM):
    for sure

big picture...

where would Kurdish money come from - if not Baghdad??

ultimately??

These guys.

This sounds more and more foregone.

MadDScout says to BGG(6:46 PM):
    They did appear to all(unanimous) agree on the portion

There was disagreement earlier in the day

But they go on to say as a result of the "marathon session" they got it hammered out

BGG says to MadDScout(6:47 PM):
    Well that much is good - leave it to an Iraqi politician to argue the "wetness" of water

MadDScout says to BGG(6:48 PM):
    LOL

BGG says to MadDScout(6:48 PM):
    the fact of the matter is this... along the lines of my recent comments... the IMF is looking over their shoulder - they HAVE TO GET THIS DONE...

Nicole Balugo says(6:49 PM):
    Will there be a call tonight (Sunday)?

MadDScout says to BGG(6:49 PM):
    I have Basra report

Want I should bring?

jimplants says(6:49 PM):
    I thought they got paid by the word not by the job

BGG says(6:49 PM):
    (and yes - I am aware I am a chronic ellipses offender)

BGG says to jimplants(6:49 PM):
    One would think - right?!?

BGG says to MadDScout(6:50 PM):
    !Si

MadDScout says(6:50 PM):
    Abdel - Samad: Parliament voted on the rights of Basra within the budget

2016-12-05 01:50:47 | (Voice of Iraq) - Baghdad

The chairman of the Dawa bloc behind Abdul Samad, all members of the House vote on the rights of the province of Basra within the 2017 budget.

Said Abdul Samad in a statement after the vote on the budget session ends, the members of the Council voted on the paragraphs of the budget pertaining to the rights of Basra, including the amounts of $ 5 per barrel produced and exported from Basra, as well as the allocation of 50 percent of the border ports in Basra revenues, as well as a vote on pay Central government debt Basra through securities as the government for the time being unable to pay in cash.

BGG says to Nicole Balugo(6:50 PM):
    No ma'am - just News Time here on Chat.

MadDScout says(6:50 PM):
    He pointed out that the vote included most of the paragraphs of the budget, but he generally must vote on them entirely in a hearing tomorrow in order to approve all materials, including the rights of the province of Basra materials.

He noted there are some controversial articles in the budget , including allocations of the Peshmerga, and the allocation of 33% to adapt the sons of areas where military operations have seen in the form of the popular crowd.

Referred to House Speaker Salim al - Jubouri, raising the vote on the draft budget for fiscal 2017 Act hearing to one pm Monday, after the voice of the members of the House of Representatives on most of the paragraphs of the budget.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...077#post166077

Nicole Balugo says(6:51 PM):
    Thanks, BGG

MadDScout says(6:51 PM):
    Another confirmation on the vote at 1PM tomorrow

But Jabouri called this vote historic in terms of sending the proper message to the people of Iraq

They are in hustle mode

daytrader says to MadDScout(6:52 PM):
    Comment

MadDScout says to daytrader(6:53 PM):
    Please do

daytrader says to MadDScout(6:53 PM):
    Basra has been asking for $10, surprised they havent raised a ruckus

MadDScout says to daytrader(6:53 PM):
    Yes indeed

BGG says(6:54 PM):
    VERY - VERY interesting comments by Jubouri.

daytrader says to MadDScout(6:54 PM):
    Know they're upset that Kurdistan is gettin 17% of the total budget in exchange for about 14% of the oil production.

BGG says(6:54 PM):
    What makes this "more historic" than all the other budget approvals?

MadDScout says to BGG(6:54 PM):
    I took it as the "tone" this one is setting(budget)

It is being used as a way to shore up confidence

Why?

BGG says(6:55 PM):
    A little rhetorical... because

there really isn't that much different about this one than all the others - except that it's done right and ahead of time (unlike the last few years).

it's a budget - what's actually in there that is so "earth shattering"...

jimplants says(6:57 PM):
    and they have made a point to say they have included everyone in this budget referring to reconciliate shin

tarheeltim says(6:57 PM):
    and don't you think with a little world pressure than have experienced in the past?

nothing - probably, except that it is the "door way" to their international acceptance.

which is sooooooo much more important to them than what price their currency is.

MadDScout says(6:58 PM):
    Jabouri mentioned it would boost confidence of the people in their government

daytrader says to BGG(6:58 PM):
    Iraq needs everyone to buy into National Reconciliation, along with the IMF seeing the GOI as fully functional

BGG says to daytrader(6:58 PM):
    Really good point Steve.

BGG says to daytrader(6:58 PM):
    factual info.

BGG says to MadDScout(6:59 PM):
    and confidence in their GOI is critical too.

willie60 says(7:00 PM):
    ?

BGG says to willie60(7:00 PM):
    Hold please...

MadDScout will bring a couple more articles...

BGG says to willie60(7:01 PM):
    then I'll circle back to questions.

BGG says to willie60(7:01 PM):
    (you're first - I promise).

MadDScout says(7:02 PM):
    Restructuring of the secretariat of the Council of Ministers re-Abadi, and the call to the Indictment Division

Read More :https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...072#post166072

Baghdad / Wael blessing

He returned the government's recent decision to restructure the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, to talk again about the dominance of the call and the State of Law Party, the independent bodies, and most sensitive government sites.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi is accused by his allies in the National Alliance, that he had failed, since the two years of his reign, ending a proxy appointments for about 8 thousand important government site between the director general and Deputy Minister and adviser.

Parties to the National Alliance and considered that the recent changes in the Cabinet Secretariat, which is managed by proxy by the Mahdi Keywords, was intended to get rid of some of the parties in favor of the dominance of a single point. But among the Prime Minister defends the latter, certainly on the restructuring of the secretariat of the Cabinet comes as part of government measures limbering, and according to the principal balance.

He pointed Book secretary general of the Council of Ministers, which was recently leaked to the media, to edit the item (30 / IV / A and B) of the Rules of Procedure of the Council of Ministers to be the Secretary of the Council of Ministers one deputy rank of Deputy Minister, and adviser to one.

Amendment also includes the item (31 / I) of the system itself, by creating a circle of Iraqi women's empowerment. Under the amendments themselves, it will be the integration of citizens Affairs Department and Public Relations Department of follow-up and coordination of government to be a government coordination and citizens' affairs department, in addition to the integration of the Public Service Commissions Department of Cabinet Affairs to be a circle of Cabinet Affairs committees.

And it will be integrated into the circle of human resources and administrative services and PES and engineering department in one circle to be the Administrative and Financial Department, in addition to modifying the naming Audit Department and internal control to be the Audit and Control Department.

Control bodies

The Islamic Supreme Council, the most prominent partner of Ebadi, the Cabinet Secretariat are unconstitutional, because of the continuing Mahdi Keywords take over its presidency by proxy.

He says Mohammed Mayahi, a leader of the Supreme Council, in connection with the (range) yesterday, "was supposed to be the prime minister to change all honesty and display managers to parliament for a vote."

Mayahi that confirms the recent changes, which took place in the Cabinet Secretariat, "canceled the balance and made him, however one-sided." And held the Prime Minister, in July in conjunction with a wave of demonstrations and protests, a series of changes within a narrow circle, set the former office manager Mahdi Keywords Secretary General of the Council of Ministers acting, instead of Hamid al-Moussawi. It has been appointed as Iyad al-Waeli the post of Director of the Office of the Prime Minister, replacing hanger.
    Islamic Supreme Council confirms that two-thirds of independent bodies controlled by state law, and "Abadi trying to rotate the same characters in positions eight years ago."

Of the 27 independent body, there are only six bodies run by figures from outside the coalition of state law, most notably the Electoral Commission, and the complex science of Iraq, and the House of Wisdom.

Government Agency

Conversely Mayahi reveals the existence of a private 1000 to 1500 degrees (agents ministers, ambassadors, military leaders, advisers) is still 98% of which is managed by proxy. The leader of the Supreme Council to "the presence of four thousand in 6500 to 0.90% Acting Director of which is managed well."

And confirms the leadership of the mass of citizens, led by Ammar al-Hakim, said that "the Supreme Council put an initiative on the political blocs included the removal of special grades and admins years from quotas."

Attention Mayahi that his party demanded a public open the door for nomination to fill those positions. He adds, "We have agreed with Prime Minister eight months since the declaration of six independent bodies as a first stage and then gradually the rest of the bodies, but did not implement the agreement."

The Information Office of the Prime Minister revealed, just days after the beginning of the demonstrations in the summer of 2015, the formation of a committee of experts and advisers in the prime minister in order to develop criteria for selection of officials in special grades set by the 4-thousand degrees.

And because of the political agreement which resulted in the formation of a government-Abadi, blocs agreed to form a "committee to balance" take on the distribution of government positions, according to the elections.

The Committee included in its membership Abadi and his three deputies, Bahaa al-Araji, Saleh al-Mutlaq and Rose Nuri Shaways, as well as some representatives of the political blocs, but has been resolved after the announcement of reforms.

Mayahi that and see what he did to the Prime Minister in the management bodies acting is "to limit appointments to a specific group and left hundreds of talent in the country," adding that "the list of Al123 a senior government official, who sacked, has re-mostly to the office for a foul Abadi measures of the law."

The Federal Court has reinstated five ministers sacked Abadi middle of this year. Also it annulled the judiciary earlier decisions taken by the prime minister to cancel the three posts of Vice-President of the Republic.

MadDScout says(7:06 PM):
    Keywords outside call

And still the prime minister leads the government at 5 ministries vacant, after parliament sacked the ministers of defense and finance, and the continued vacancy of the ministries of trade, industry, and internal.

Attributes MP Huda Sajjad, a member of the Dawa Party, block, do not display Abadi new ministries to parliament to "lack of political blocs agree on candidates."

Despite the confirmation of Prime Minister quest for "personalities technocrats" for the management of ministries, but the MP for advocating mass said for (range) yesterday, "The prime minister gave the independent minister, Hussain al-Asadi months ago in Parliament to the Ministry of Commerce, but he failed to vote for him because the office the national coalition. "

It believes MP Huda Sajjad said the restructuring of the secretariat of the Council of Ministers "was a vote and approval of the Cabinet and the feminine government institutions."
    Denies mass of state law that the Secretary of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers calculated on the Dawa Party, rejecting a converter circuit to the Dawa Party. MP confirms that "recent measures passed to the Committee on the balance in every government institution."

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...072#post166072

End

BGG says to MadDScout(7:07 PM):
    Thanks for bringing!!

MadDScout says(7:07 PM):
    Sure thing

BGG says to MadDScout(7:07 PM):
    We ready for some questions?

MadDScout says(7:08 PM):
    It appears they are tired of "proxy's"

Yes

BGG says to MadDScout(7:08 PM):
    or the opposition is. I would bet the IMF is too...

that stuff needs cleaned up.

daytrader says(7:08 PM):
    Interesting that this surfaces now. Abadi has stated he will move forward with the reforms post Mosul. Apparently someone thinks the proxy's are more important???

MadDScout says to BGG(7:08 PM):
    I believe so also

BGG says to willie60(7:08 PM):
    OK - you're up.

??

willie60 says(7:08 PM):
    Why is this budget the "doorway to international acceptance?"

BGG says to willie60(7:09 PM):
    Daytrader??

BGG says to daytrader(7:10 PM):
    comments??

daytrader says(7:10 PM):
    We know the IMF has been behind the struction of this budget. It has everything the IMF requires of Iraq to date to move forward. This becomes the gateway to international acceptance of both Iraq and its currency.

daytrader says(7:10 PM):
    construction

BGG says to daytrader(7:10 PM):
    Whew - there you are...

I was just starting to type all that out

willie60 says(7:11 PM):
    That sums it up well. Thank you guys.

daytrader says(7:11 PM):
    Typing skills are rusty.

tarheeltim says(7:12 PM):
    ?

MadDScout says(7:12 PM):
    This is the most forward looking budget they have had

MadDScout says to tarheeltim(7:12 PM):
    Go

BGG says to willie60(7:13 PM):
    short version - IMHO - the IMF wants them to start acting like a real country, pass budgets correctly and on time, pay their bills - kick out terrorists, don't pursue their political adversaries in a "police state" sort of way - and enough with the "racist" tendancies.

daytrader says to BGG(7:13 PM):
    (y)

BGG says to willie60(7:14 PM):
    "racist" as in Shias vs. Sunnis - could even be referred to as "religious persecution" but it's a blurry line over there.

tarheeltim says(7:14 PM):
    Maliki shows up in Karbala gets his butt kicked and then starts making noise about Abadi. If the IMF and the world are watching Iraq why does this guy continue to make noise when clearly his days should be numbered?

BGG says to willie60(7:14 PM):
    either way - IMF, UN, WB has had enough

MadDScout says to tarheeltim(7:14 PM):
    The easy answer is he's stupid

willie60 says(7:15 PM):
    BGG , Daytrader--Very encouraging comments for all of us. Many thanks

BGG says to tarheeltim(7:15 PM):
    (lol) you took the words out of my mouf!!

MadDScout says to tarheeltim(7:15 PM):
    And he likes trouble

daytrader says to MadDScout(7:15 PM):
    (lol)

MadDScout says to BGG(7:15 PM):
    (lol)

Maliki is of very little importance these days.

BUT

tarheeltim says(7:15 PM):
    But is there more to it than that? Surely he can't be that stupid

I almost mentioned him - just to get the "catnip" out of the bag

Nope - there is not.

MadDScout says(7:16 PM):
    He is trying to remain relevant

daytrader says to tarheeltim(7:16 PM):
    More like unbelievable arrogance.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:16 PM):
    LOL

BGG says to tarheeltim(7:16 PM):
    You think he ever imagined his own people (according to him) would turn on him and attack him??

Because they did.

BGG says to daytrader(7:17 PM):
    that is true.

MadDScout says to tarheeltim(7:17 PM):
    He doesn't know enough to quit, he proves one can be that stupid

tarheeltim says(7:17 PM):
    no, but that can create turmoil in a country needing stability

BGG says to daytrader(7:17 PM):
    His arrogance is OFF THE CHARTS

MadDScout says to tarheeltim(7:17 PM):
    Yes and with International agencies watching add another notch to the dumbell belt

BGG says to daytrader(7:18 PM):
    on a scale of 0 - to narcissist... he's about an 11

aminmaine252297875331 says(7:18 PM):
    i honestly dont think that maliki can cause too much trouble now. they have come too far

MadDScout says to BGG(7:18 PM):
    LOL

BGG says to aminmaine252297875331(7:18 PM):
    we jest - but you have a handle on it.

cjquade54 says(7:18 PM):
    and he's ugly

BGG says to aminmaine252297875331(7:18 PM):
    he can't

MadDScout says to BGG(7:18 PM):
    As a dictator he makes a good bartender

cjquade54 says(7:18 PM):
    sorry

aminmaine252297875331 says(7:18 PM):
    thx BGG

BGG says to MadDScout(7:18 PM):
    That was funny

MadDScout says(7:19 PM):
    LOL

daytrader says to tarheeltim(7:19 PM):
    There's not much left he can do. The only MP's he controls are the ones he has "stuff" on, and that number is limited enough that they can no longer impact Parliament. He's also just had his Militia removed from his control...and Iran has effectively shoved him in a corner. He's toast.

Did I bring the deflation report?

BGG says to MadDScout(7:19 PM):
    You should.

Ok

BRB

tarheeltim says(7:20 PM):
    Thank you, I will remain cautiously optimistic

BGG says to daytrader(7:20 PM):
    That is true... very important - no personal army to back him up (which was the biggest thing observers might have been concerned about).

MadDScout says(7:20 PM):
    Deflation threatens the Iraqi economy as the government seeks to collect 11 trillion dinars

05/12/2016 (0:01 pm) - The number of readings: 59 - Issue (3795)

Baghdad / peace Zidane

A number of economists, that raising taxes and deductions from the salaries of state employees in the budget next year will affect the movement of the market and the country's economy will enter a phase of contraction. Iraqi state and impose income tax on employees in addition to the deduction of an amount of 4.8% of the total salary go to the popular crowd and the displaced.

And continue the tax on Kartat mobilization of mobile phone networks and the Internet imposition of 20% of the kart and airport tax value of a lump sum amount of twenty five thousand dinars per ticket in all Iraqi airports, and raise the property tax rate to 12%.

Falah al-Rubaie, the "long" that "the deduction of 4.8% from the salaries of state employees will affect the movement of the market and enhance the recession experienced by the economy of the country now," said professor of economics at the University of Mustansiriya, noting that "the citizen will tend toward saving for fear the outlook bad from and thus the amount of the purchase of goods. "

"The percentage withheld from employees' salaries if they went to the investment projects will be reflected positively but if you go for government spending and others will affect the country's economy," noting that "the tax doubling the citizens also will affect them and advised in this case the state of the need to reduce expenditures, equivalent to the size of the tax imposed on citizens to ease the burden on the people. "

MadDScout says(7:22 PM):
    The Ministry of Finance signed an agreement with the IMF to borrow $ 5.4 billion and the IMF imposed on the government's full salaries and allowances subordinate to senior staff Ath, functional scores and the Supreme own income tax, this tax ranging from 7.5% -15%, while the lower grades it imposes income on nominal salary only, without tax allowances.

On the other hand, said financial expert Abdul Rahman al-Shammari, "long", said that "increasing the proportion of deduction from state employees will affect the movement of the market because some of the staff, the amount of deduction 300 000 dinars, which is a very large sum," adding that "the increased income tax 10% to 15% also hold the problem in the face of rising market prices. "

He pointed out that "the country's economy is suffering from the problem of recession and raising taxes and deductions on employees increases the recession," explaining that "the country needs to be better than increasing the deductions economic solutions through activation of important productive sectors," noting that "the withdrawn funds from tax deductions and fees Where do you go to the popular crowd and displaced people? ".

MadDScout says(7:23 PM):
    Economist stressed that "when you do the productive sectors would inject hard money issued by the country to neighboring countries for the import of foreign goods into the local market and thus ease the ratios of unemployment and poverty."

The Iraqi government refused to comment on this issue despite repeated contacts made by the "long" economists with officials there.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...073#post166073

daytrader says to MadDScout(7:24 PM):
    Apparently, these economists are living in a vacuum and haven’t heard the plan is to raise the value of the dinar and the purchasing power of the citizens.

BGG says to daytrader(7:24 PM):
    I was thinking along those same lines.

MadDScout says(7:24 PM):
    Looks like this all needs a plan to make it work

BGG says to daytrader(7:24 PM):
    where are these guys??

daytrader says to BGG(7:25 PM):
    Amazing!!

MadDScout says(7:25 PM):
    it goes without saying this is OPED

BGG says to daytrader(7:25 PM):
    Of course - some of them are that much on the "outs".

it's like - when you're an "outsider" at a 2nd rate News Source...

in the Middle East...

daytrader says to BGG(7:26 PM):
    Wow. That hurts!!!

MadDScout says(7:26 PM):
    Ouch

BGG says to daytrader(7:26 PM):
    just offering some perspective.

in my own sort of way.

MadDScout says(7:27 PM):
    I have one from the Saturday Anti Money Laundering conference

BGG says to MadDScout(7:27 PM):
    Go man!!

MadDScout says(7:27 PM):
    Unless you want to ask for ??'s

BGG says to MadDScout(7:28 PM):
    I'm tired just watching you!!

Yeeee hawwww!!

MadDScout says(7:28 PM):
    He underscored his commitment to combating money Alomwal..antrza warns banks of channels "terrorist financing"

05/12/2016 (0:01 pm) - The number of readings: 55

Baghdad / long - Presse

It confirmed the central bank's board, the commitment of the banking institutions in Iraq's laws and regulations on anti-money laundering crimes, and warned of the repercussions of non-compliance with such legislation and risks to create channels for the financing of terrorism, while the Iraqi private banks association pointed out that some of the statements of politicians is "responsible" triggered off the handle a large European banks with Iraq.

The governor of the Central Bank, on the Keywords, during a press conference, held on the sidelines of the Forum of compliance and anti-money laundering and terrorism financing in the banks of the Iraqi financial institutions, Palestine Hotel in central Baghdad, and attended (range Press), said that "Iraq confirms banking and financial institutions, compliance with anti money laundering and financing terrorism, especially that this issue has become a national and international interest and a law passed in Iraq law No. 39 of 2015 represents a broad framework and whatever is built on the basis of what has been agreed upon with international organizations concerned with this issue. "

He Keywords that "the law was drafted very carefully and as far as this care needs to be carefully applied," noting that "the Iraqi Central Bank issued a set of instructions and regulations in light of this law in the financial institutions and groups and other concerned the banking sector in this law," stressing that "banks the establishment of units to comply with anti-money laundering and risk management of direct cooperation and coordination with the central bank, we are building and the development and training of these units to make them able to comply with this legislation. "

He Keywords that "the success of the application of the law depends largely on the nature of the deal that banking institutions with different parties, especially the Foreign him," adding that "the international banks and international financial institutions look closely and follow-up to the commitment of these banks by those rules so you can deal with it transparent and clear, "warning that" the risks entailed in not adhering to this law facilitates the work of the special operations of money laundering or other crimes of different channels to fund terrorism. "

He pointed Keywords, that "the central bank gave priority to the issue of the closure of the ports for the financing of terrorism, we have succeeded to a large extent in this regard during the past two years we have stopped hundreds of financial institutions and companies from the exercise of its work due to our discovery of the existence of cases involving suspicions of and in coordination with international parties as well as we develop programs linked to the international system to prosecute financial transfers and there is a program and a large part of the letter and put part of an international audit offices with international companies. "

He explained Keywords, that "the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing, the Office deals directly with the judiciary, even without the intervention of the central bank in a lot of cases that carry legal suspicions," asserting that "these issues are fully confidential and direct follow-up between the office and the prosecution."

For his part, head of the Iraqi private banks association, Wadih Handal, during the conference, said that "many international agencies monitoring the work of institutions in Iraq," he said, adding that "one of the European banks halted dealings with Iraq based on the remarks irresponsible for some politicians."

The Handal, said that "these forums, meetings and the work of the central bank through No. 39 Act of 2015 to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, I think it's a message to the disclosure, training and raising the potential and capabilities of human resources, which is the real raw material for financial institutions and banks."

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...076#post166076

MadDScout says(7:31 PM):
    Stricter monitoring of laws and compliance

Follow through on infringement of the rules also

MadDScout says to daytrader(7:32 PM):
    ??

daytrader says to MadDScout(7:32 PM):
    Looks like Alak was a bit hot under the collar. Don't blame him. Iraq has a lot at stake, and they don't need ignorance creating problems.

MadDScout says to daytrader(7:32 PM):
    Anything?

I took it that way also

BGG says(7:32 PM):
    What exactly does he mean here??

especially that this issue has become a national and international interest and a law passed in Iraq law No. 39 of 2015 represents a broad framework and whatever is built on the basis of what has been agreed upon with international organizations concerned with this issue. "...

MadDScout says to daytrader(7:33 PM):
    The thing is there are laws in place that need more even compliance and monitoring

BGG says(7:33 PM):
    Who and what is he talking about?? Hmmmmm??

MadDScout says to BGG(7:33 PM):
    Ah!

BGG says(7:34 PM):
    Right.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:34 PM):
    International compliance???

ZACTLY...

Woop!

LOL

daytrader says to MadDScout(7:34 PM):
    There have been several articles slamming the CBI recently on issues that are old. The CBI has been incredibly active and supportive of the IMF, WB, UST and other international orgs to deal with terrorist funding along with corruption that also can lead to terrorist funding.

Woooo Poooooow!!

MadDScout says to daytrader(7:35 PM):
    Yes indeed they have

MadDScout says(7:35 PM):
    Any??'s

Comments
    ?

BGG says to daytrader(7:35 PM):
    that is true... but kind of curious his "over arching" narrative is based on this theme?? He appears to know where he has to go.

Alak may or may not be qualified... but he can tell which way the wind is blowing.

this much is true.

MadDScout says to daytrader(7:37 PM):
    When I was agreeing to "they have" I meant the CBI working with and under IMF direction and compliance

BGG says to daytrader(7:37 PM):
    and "being qualified" can easily be argued from the stance of one's daily performance.

MrsBGG says(7:37 PM):
    does anyone have any questions or comments?

daytrader says to BGG(7:38 PM):
    Think that's because he's been the tacit target of a few articles recently. I still don't recall the IMF congratulating the finance committe for their outstanding work.

BGG says to daytrader(7:38 PM):
    Great points again!!

MadDScout says to BGG(7:38 PM):
    Alaq has been the face working with IMF

jimplants says(7:38 PM):
    IMO if the IMF WB and UST did not approve of him he would have been replaced

BGG says to daytrader(7:38 PM):
    Alak is an easy target - and easy cover for the FC.

daytrader says to jimplants(7:38 PM):
    (y)

BGG says to jimplants(7:39 PM):
    probably - for whatever reason - he is still there.

daytrader says to BGG(7:39 PM):
    Whether he's qualified or not, he has a team of experts giving him the direction Iraq needs to move forward...and he's working with them.

Dinar Dave says(7:40 PM):
    If he was that much of a problem, I'm sure he would of been replaced

ADP says(7:40 PM):
    And is Maliki still in the Presidential Pa;lace???

MadDScout says to daytrader(7:40 PM):
    Right

jimplants says(7:40 PM):
    he has done what the big three want when they want it

BGG says to daytrader(7:40 PM):
    that is true.

BGG says to ADP(7:40 PM):
    non-issue.

he might as well be on the MOON.

jimplants says(7:41 PM):
    the moon might be the only safe place for him

BGG says to jimplants(7:42 PM):
    I was just thinking - it's likely Shabibi is conversing with his pal Saleh - and Saleh is somehow able to work with Alak... who - BTW, was the Sec Gen on the Malik CoM...

BGG says(7:43 PM):
    However, just because Alak held that high position in a Maliki CoM may only mean he's a "political survivor" - not necessarily a Shia hold-out??

there are plenty of folks in this same profile.

jimplants says(7:43 PM):
    true that but remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend

BGG says to jimplants(7:44 PM):
    Awwww - now you're just getting all "Iraqi emotional" on us

jimplants says(7:45 PM):
    but i love to eat pork

daytrader says to jimplants(7:45 PM):
    Some may call that a "cautionary alliance".

ADP says(7:45 PM):
    I do hope Alak is still not having his strings pulled by Maliki....who continues to be protected from his fellow citizensn by Iranian malicia"...

MadDScout says to ADP(7:46 PM):
    It does not appear he is

BGG says to ADP(7:46 PM):
    He's not - and he's not...

AND

MadDScout says(7:46 PM):
    He's not?

LOL

jimplants says(7:46 PM):
    Adp the IMF UST AND WORLD BANK ARE DRIVING AND OWN THIS BUS

BGG says(7:46 PM):
    I don't care how good my Arabic gets.

I'm NOT GIVING UP BACON.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:47 PM):
    LOL

BGG says to jimplants(7:47 PM):
    I have 27lbs in various flavors on my deep freeze.

that stuff is "attitude magic"

MadDScout says(7:47 PM):
    lol

ADP says(7:47 PM):
    BLT's at BGG?

jimplants says(7:48 PM):
    i will be expecting a sample

MadDScout says to ADP(7:48 PM):
    Over there they are BGGlt's

ADP says(7:49 PM):
    Bacon, Grits and gravy in Lettuse and tomato???

ADP says(7:50 PM):
    on

MadDScout says to ADP(7:50 PM):
    lol

BGG says(7:51 PM):
    Ok - Great News Time - we're done.

I'm on the food topic.

MrsBGG says(7:52 PM):
    Thank you everyone for joinging us!!

MadDScout says(7:52 PM):
    Have a great night everyone

MrsBGG says to magnetlady(7:52 PM):
    Thank you for copying & editing!!

BGG says to ADP(7:52 PM):
    Oh - we do BLT's here.

MrsBGG says to magnetlady(7:52 PM):
    Thank you BGG & MadDScout!!

MadDScout says to magnetlady(7:52 PM):
    Thank you

cjquade54 says(7:53 PM):
    ty all

MadDScout says to MrsBGG(7:53 PM):
    You're welcome

MadDScout says to cjquade54(7:53 PM):
    Welcome

Last edited by magnetlady; 12-05-2016 at 02:15 AM.