NEWSTIME WITH BGG AND CO. Sunday, October 2 2016

Thread: NEWSTIME WITH BGG AND CO. Sunday, October 2 2016

NEWSTIME WITH BGG AND CO. Sunday, October 2 2016

BGG says(6:52 PM):
    Let's get this kicked off!!

DU News Time...

mailsusie says(6:52 PM):
    BGG Thank you so much!!! Walking 2 miles now and watching carbs!!

BGG says(6:52 PM):
    Mrs BGG - would mind saying a quick prayer to get us started off right?

BGG says to mailsusie(6:53 PM):
    (and no food after 5pm - it works)

MrsBGG says(6:53 PM):
    Heavenly Father, we boldly come before You by the Blood of Jesus. Thank You for Your Mercy, Grace, & Forgiveness. Thank You that You are Faithful & True. Thank You for keeping us and preserving us. Thank You Holy Spirit for leading and guiding us. Thank You for Your peace that passes all understanding. Thank You for a Day of rest. Thank You for all those who serve and help on the site! We pray for Mr. BGG & Pat that You will continue to give them wisdom as they bring the News. We pray that You will bless each person here and their families. We love You and trust You. We give You all the Glory, Honor, and Praise! In Jesus Name, Amen

mailsusie says(6:53 PM):

wilson6060 says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    MadDScout says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    jimplants says(6:53 PM):
    AMEN
    divgreen says(6:53 PM):
    AMEN ,, AMEN
    david334 says to MrsBGG(6:53 PM):
    amen
    wvchsr says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    Elane says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    dale says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    bookumdano says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    jtank says(6:53 PM):
    amen
    BGG says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    Luke says(6:53 PM):
    amen
    mathrews says(6:53 PM):
    amen
    Robl says(6:53 PM):
    Amen
    hutch says(6:54 PM):
    AMEN
    jake1 says(6:54 PM):
    amen +++
    Dabmac says(6:54 PM):
    Amen
    dinarforme says(6:54 PM):
    AMEN
    Mmagnetlady says(6:54 PM):
    AMEN

MrsBGG says(6:54 PM):
    Okay, this News Time and during News Time if you have a question or comment , please us a ? It makes it easier on the copiers and readers; Thank you for your understanding!

MrsBGG says(6:55 PM):
    We welcome anyone that is New tonight!! We're glad that you are here!

BGG says(6:55 PM):
    News Newby's to News Time - Welcome!!

BGG says(6:57 PM):
    We have such a great crew here at DU - thanks to everyone who helps, contributes, brings news

Thanks to our GREAT Mods, Copiers, RCookie, Hutch, Loop, Mr White...

Romello, Holly1 and everyone who posts and brings news.

Pat - would you like to mention some of our esteemed FaceBook crew??

MadDScout says(6:58 PM):
    Wow yes we got bobs of 'em

Bobby ,Toni Andrew, Tom
    Julian Becky El
    It is really hard to cover them all

BGG says(6:59 PM):
    Well -

we appreciate them all...

every one.

BGG says(7:00 PM):
    BTW - an advance notice..

MadDScout and 1Bobby will be doing our News Time next Thursday nite... be sure to tune in for some great info and perspectives.

For tonite...

we have SUCH GREAT PEOPLE - let's do an "Open Mic" nite for our News Time tonite...

Here's how we'll try it

you bring what you feel is the most important piece of news - present it in an orderly fashion...

we'll talk it over.

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:03 PM):
    ?

BGG says(7:03 PM):
    Bueno??

MrsBGG says to david334(7:03 PM):
    GO

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:04 PM):
    News thread article the US said that Iraq was going 6to be a protectorite

MrsBGG says to david334(7:04 PM):
    Can you bring the article in?

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:04 PM):
    With resposibility for the develop,ment and saftey. Is that big?

it on the BGG forum. I will try kinda clutsy on an excersise bike

MrsBGG says to david334(7:06 PM):
    you can go to the article and click over the title and copy the link address...

BGG says to david334(7:06 PM):
    - Thanks, we'll hunt that up..

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:06 PM):
    torture

MadDScout says(7:07 PM):
    Deputy for the National: Abadi will be presented this week, three candidates for the defense, trade and industry

2016/10/2 14:10

[Oan- special]

Deputy for the National Alliance, said the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi will present three candidates for the ministries of defense, trade and industry and minerals to parliament this week.

Said Jassim Mohammed Jaafar, told all of Iraq [where] that "Abadi will present these candidates in Djlsh parliament on Tuesday or next Thursday," noting that "the differences are still ongoing on a candidate and the Ministry of Interior has also not yet a candidate to Ministry of Finance resolved."

He added, "The prime minister wants an independent candidate and not the leaders of blocs and political parties."

The Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, has pledged once again, last Friday, to submit candidates to fill the vacant ministerial portfolios, "stressing that" the sacking of ministers interrogations had no effect so far on the work and performance of the government, but I'm not [Superman] [Superman] and I can not Ader several ministries that one is why I will soon be candidates for these ministries to parliament to fill the void. "

Read More :https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...idates-for-the

Sorry if I stepped on anybody

MrsBGG says to MadDScout(7:08 PM):
    thank you!

MadDScout says to MrsBGG(7:09 PM):
    YW

1bobby says(7:09 PM):
    ?

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:09 PM):
    A rosy picture .. US leaks reveal who will govern Iraq after the expulsion Daesh 2016

Read More :https://www.dinarupdates.com/forumdis...rent-Iraq-NEWS

BGG says to 1bobby(7:09 PM):
    Go ahead.

MrsBGG says to david334(7:10 PM):
    Thank you! You did great!

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:10 PM):
    8-

1bobby says(7:10 PM):
    There are 5 sovereign Ministers for the GOI, 2 are filled. What's the prospects of completing all 5 with the inclusion of the above ministers

I hope that made sense

BGG says to david334(7:11 PM):
    The main thing I will say about this - for a long time, the commentary on Mosul and Iraq in general has been - the politics behind removing ISIS (and who will do it) and what will happen afterwards... was purported to be FAR more difficult that the actual removing of them.

1bobby says(7:12 PM):
    The 5 being Interior, Defense, Finance, Foreign and Oil.

MadDScout says to BGG(7:12 PM):
    Ditto

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:13 PM):
    ?

BGG says(7:14 PM):
    The filling of these positions is inevitable. When - may be another story... However, given their recent progress - I doubt there are any long term hold-up's. I just don't see it.

MrsBGG says to david334(7:14 PM):
    Go

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:16 PM):
    there was a reference to Switzerland and the US and I thoiught that a US offical made this huge statement we are not going to ;let anyone mess. Maybe Abadi said it? this is in cpontext to congress killing the bomd guareentee

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:16 PM):
    Sorry

BGG says to david334(7:18 PM):
    There have been a lot of references to the US and others lately - highly enlightening comments...

referencing corruption, bonds guarantee, IMF oversight - etc, etc, etc.

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:19 PM):
    right

BGG says to david334(7:19 PM):
    Here's an article contributed by Hutch in response to 1bobby's ??

Vacant ministries and I will give candidates (Abadi speaking)

Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi said the dismissal of some ministers by Alberlmam not "affect so far on the work of the government." According to al - Abadi in the Political Commission of the National Alliance told a news conference after the meeting today , "I am not [Superman] [Superman] to run these ministries vacant , and I will Garibao candidates. "

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...es-3-hours-ago

Great point Hutch.

BGG says(7:24 PM):
    Dude - biking and typing do not mix. That is gonna' get you hurt.

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:24 PM):
    last one few days ago articles on our site talked about severe shortages of dinar

BGG says(7:24 PM):
    see?? Typing all by itself can be a sketchy proposition.

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:25 PM):
    I have fallen off tread mills and lived died of embarassment

BGG says(7:25 PM):
    Yup - fact.

BGG says to david334(7:26 PM):
    Seriously - you sound so out of breath.

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:26 PM):
    i am

i need my BGG fix cant help it

BGG says to david334(7:27 PM):
    Now you know how Trump feels at 3 AM

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:27 PM):
    LOL

BGG says(7:30 PM):
    BRB - getting something important...

SRW says to BGG(7:32 PM):
    ?

BGG says to SRW(7:32 PM):
    Go ahead.

SRW says to BGG(7:35 PM):
    There was an article brought in by Rcookie and discussion about the US congress holding up the IMF Loan payments. There was so much back and forth comments that I don't know what is right or wrong? Can you help me on this please!!

BGG says to SRW(7:35 PM):
    I was just about to repost the whole thing...

that is what I was looking for.

SRW says to BGG(7:36 PM):
    Thankyou!!

BGG says to SRW(7:37 PM):
    and - the bulk of those articles and comments were some of what I was commenting on earlier (in general)... Lots of VERY enlightening comments coming out of Iraq right now...

No need to "speculate" - they are telling us what's up.

BGG says(7:38 PM):
    US Congress frustrates the recovery of the Iraqi economy plans

Republicans reject the grant of security to the Iraqi bonds, the view from the United States because of the frustration of the penetration of corruption and control of Iran and the marginalization of the year.

Washington disappoint the expectations of Baghdad

WASHINGTON - Iraq thwarted plans to raise two billion dollars from the global debt markets this week to fill the budget caused by lower oil prices gap after the US Congress refused to guarantee half the value of the bonds.

Iraq had said it is seeking to issue bonds worth one billion US dollars guaranteed in full in order to reduce debt costs before other bonds issued one billion dollars as part of the 2017 budget, which enjoys the support of the International Monetary Fund.

These funds will complement the agreement with the International Monetary Fund for a loan worth $ 5.34 billion over three years, which the Fund has agreed in July in exchange for economic reforms. Baghdad hopes that the agreement opens the door to get more than $ 12 billion in additional aid from other sources such as the World Bank and the Group of Seven major industrial countries.

He acknowledged the Western Allies of the importance of the need to protect the fragile economy of one of the most important Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries members (OPEC) from collapse, which could threaten to undermine the military gains made by the Iraqi forces and the international coalition that the United States led to the organization of the Islamic State militant. These forces seek to regain control of the city of Mosul, a stronghold for militants later this month.

US President Barack Obama's administration requested that the guarantee granted under the "Extended Resolution" - a temporary legislation that would allow the US government to continue its work until the approval of the more permanent decisions regarding spending - but not yet to respond to this request in the final version passed by Congress Wednesday.

Lawmakers said they sought to remove the side issues outside the spending bill to ensure into force before the start of the new fiscal year, which begins Saturday.

The bulk of the following commentary was brought in by RCookie earlier... (unless I note otherwise... )

rcookie says: READ WELL!....

SRW says to BGG(7:41 PM):
    ?

MrsBGG says to SRW(7:42 PM):
    Please hold

BGG says(7:42 PM):
    larrykn says: I don't know why you say holdup, I didn't know we knew it was going to happen right now, but I think after reading what Rcookie brought in it looks like what they were expecting out of the IMF as been delayed

david334 says to MrsBGG(7:42 PM):
    ?

BGG says(7:42 PM):
    rcookie: IT'S IN THE 2016 AND 2017 BUDGET SO...WON'T BE EXECUTABLE...

"EXTENDED RESOLUTION" NOT PASSED...

MrsBGG says to david334(7:43 PM):
    Please hold

BGG says(7:43 PM):
    SO THE ECONOMIC REFORMS EXECUTED BY IRAQ IN RETURN FOR THE $5.3 BILLION AND SUBSEQUENT $12 BILLION IN DEFICIT BRIDGING FUNDING - THAT WAS AGREED ON IN JULY...

BGG says(7:44 PM):
    WHAT DID SHABIBI SAY WAS MOST IMPORTANT DETERMINANT TOWARD MONETARY REFORM??

bookumdano says(7:44 PM):
    Low inflation

BGG says(7:45 PM):
    woodguy: I say loans

NO...IRAQ STRUCK DEAL IN JULY TO COMPLETE MONETARY REFORMS INCLUDED IN 2017 BUDGET....WHICH THEY DID...AND US HAS NOT HELD ITS END OF THE BARGAIN AS FAR AS GUARANTEEING HALF OF THE BONDS...WHICH WERE IN THE 2016 BUDGET AS WELL AS THE PENDING 2017 BUDGET...

BTW - I am reposting because this was a particularly brilliant and DIRECT commentary on where we are today...

THEY ARE SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO DELAY THE BONDS THAT WERE SCHEDULED TO BE LAUNCHED BEFORE END OF 2016 ...TO EARLY 2017 BECAUSE US CONGESS FAILING TO APPROVE...

THAT WILL BECOME ANOTHER AMENDMENT TO 2016 BUDGET LAW THAT WILL HAVE TO BE ADDRESSED...

(several were worried this was somehow another "hold-up")

BGG says(7:47 PM):
    WHAT DID SHABIBI SAY WAS MOST IMPORTANT DETERMINANT TOWARD MONETARY REFORM... (AGAIN)??

prs says(7:48 PM):
    security

BGG says(7:48 PM):
    THE LOAN EFFECTS BUDGET EXECUTION...NOT CURRENCY REFORM.

larrykn says(7:48 PM):
    inflation

carxpress says(7:48 PM):
    (inflation)

Dr Dave says(7:48 PM):
    political stability

BGG says(7:48 PM):
    AND?

dale: Inflation and getting a handle on corruption.

Dr Dave says(7:49 PM):
    economic???

larrykn says(7:49 PM):
    corruption

BGG says(7:49 PM):
    BINGO!!

SRW says to BGG(7:49 PM):
    Is the US congress holding up the IMF Payments? Does the US have that much power over the IMF?
    Inflation and corruption!!

MrsBGG says to SRW(7:49 PM):
    Please hold

BGG says(7:49 PM):
    RCookie's Next article...

Annual inflation index registered a slight decrease in Iraq

BGG says(7:50 PM):
    Roudao - Erbil - Annual inflation index in Iraq decreased slightly by 0.2%, during the period from August / August 2015 and up to the same month of 2016, while the monthly inflation index rose in August.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Planning and Cooperation of the Iraqi Development, Abdul Zahra al-Hindawi, said in a statement, "The decline affected by lower food and beverage prices rose 0.2%, in addition to lower tobacco division by 8.8%, as well as lower recreation and culture department by 6%."

Hindawi said that "the total monthly expenditure on goods and services covered by the price survey accounted for 88 percent of Iraq's total per capita spending."

According to the Ministry of Planning statement, too, that the inflation index rose in August, compared to July last two.

Spokesman for the ministry in the report said that "the Central Bureau of Statistics of the Ministry completed the inflation report last August, on the basis of field data collection on the prices of goods and services components of the consumer basket of selected sample of outlets in all provinces of Iraq," explaining that "inflation index rose 0.8% compared with last July. "

Hindawi said that "the rise was the result of rising food prices and non-alcoholic beverages by 1.7%, higher housing department by 1%, in addition to the high section of goods and services increased by 0.9%," noting that "the survey which was conducted during July did not include the three Iraqi provinces because of the situation security witnessed in these provinces. "

On 23 August, it announced that the Iraqi Ministry of Planning, the high inflation index increased slightly for the month of July last down 0.1% for the month of June of the same year.

BGG says(7:50 PM):
    BOND DELAY AFFECTS THERE ABILITY TO EXECUTE THE BUDGET AND ADDRESS THE DEFICIT THESHOLDS SET BY THE IMF...

RCookie then followed with article after article illustrating Iraq's DEEP DESIRE to deal with their corruption problem (we here in the U.S. might learn a thing or two - the very fabric of our nation is at stake)...

BGG says(7:54 PM):
    So - if, as Dr Shabbibi said - it's about inflation and corruption - these things are being dealt with directly - as is ISIS.

jfd says(7:55 PM):
    ?

BGG says(7:56 PM):
    It's NOT A MESS - it appears they are making direct and rapid progress as per their agreements, directives and oversight from the IMF from the summer and before.

BGG says to SRW(7:56 PM):
    OK, now - go ahead.

Dr Dave says(7:56 PM):
    ?

SRW says to BGG(7:57 PM):
    Above question? Please!

carxpress says(7:57 PM):
    ?

BGG says to SRW(7:57 PM):
    I think I just answered that - as did RCookie.

BGG says to SRW(7:57 PM):
    It's NOT A MESS. It's IN THE WORKS NOW!!

BGG says to SRW(7:58 PM):
    You're mixing apples and oranges.

SRW says to BGG(7:59 PM):
    It takes the bitter out!! I guess!!

BGG says to SRW(7:59 PM):
    Congress left the bond guarantee funds out of our immediate budget. That's all - and as per the above commentary - and Dr. Shabibi - DOES IT MATTER?? 1) inflation 2) corruption??

BGG says to SRW(8:00 PM):
    The US Lawmakers - that is... there was some kind of guarantee by the US for half of their bond offering...

which - again... apples and oranges.

MrsBGG says to jfd(8:00 PM):
    GO

jfd says(8:00 PM):
    I thought it was hyperinflation that Shabibi was worried about or out of control inflation.

BGG says to jfd(8:01 PM):
    Not in the context of the speeches I listened to.

MrsBGG says to Dr Dave(8:01 PM):
    Go

Dr Dave says(8:02 PM):
    Do you think that the J and A laws will come before the UN's corruption findings.......?

BGG says to Dr Dave(8:04 PM):
    Not sure - I bet someone will dig something up on that soon.

BGG says to Dr Dave(8:04 PM):
    or do you mean when the UN publishes their findings - THEY ALREADY NOW.

MrsBGG says to carxpress(8:04 PM):
    Go

carxpress says(8:04 PM):
    BGG -- Your answers to SRW, helped answer my questions as well . … Thank You!!!

Dr Dave says(8:05 PM):
    Awesome...thanx

BGG says(8:05 PM):
    OK gang - that's it for me...

BGG says(8:05 PM):
    Thanks to everyone who helped... and a Special Thanks to RCookie for some great commentary earlier to work with.

carxpress says to BGG(8:06 PM):
    AGREED!!!

Last edited by magnetlady; 10-03-2016 at 01:18 AM.