U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Armed Services-THORNBERRY ON WHITE HOUSE SENDING MORE TROOPS TO IRAQ - Public Technologies
11-JUL-2016
10:51:22 AM
WASHINGTON - Today, Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-TX), Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, made the following remarks in response to the announcement that the President will deploy an additional 560 U.S. troops to Iraq:

'The war against ISIS and Islamic Extremists cannot be won by inches, and I am concerned that operational needs in Iraq and Syria are taking a back seat to troop levels the White House finds politically palatable. Added to the President's Afghanistan announcement last week, the United States will now be deploying thousands more troops than we have budgeted for in the President's budget request. Those deployments can only be fully supported through a supplemental budget request. I look forward to reviewing the President's request when he sends it to Congress, as I believe he now must.'

U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Armed Services published this content on 11 July 2016 and is solely responsible for the information contained herein.
Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 11 July 2016 15:52:05 UTC.

Original document
https://armedservices.house.gov/news/press-releases/thornberry-white-h...