Interior Minister: submitted my resignation from my post to Prime Minister

2016-07-05 16:36:26 | (Voice of Iraq) - Baghdad

Interior Minister Mohammed Salem Al Ghabban, Tuesday, to submit his resignation to the Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi, and as he pointed to the existence of overlapping powers and intersections between the security services, confirmed that in the past resign.

Ghabban said during a press conference held today at the ministry building , "submitted my resignation from my post to Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi," he said . "I am past the issue of my resignation and retrograde it depends on the reform of the security establishment."

Ghabban added that " the Undersecretary of the Ministry of the Interior Ministry received functions , " pointing out that "there is an overlap in the powers and the intersections between the security services."

This comes after a long carried out by a suicide bomber driving a car bomb, on the first Sunday (July 3, 2016), in the Karrada district of central Baghdad, and left hundreds of dead and wounded, while the year - Abadi mourning declared in the country for three days.

Link