The "Legendary" Jim Grant.

Thread: The "Legendary" Jim Grant.

The "Legendary" Jim Grant.

Hi Guy's

Check out this very short video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTVS02Te1q4

What is he talking about (the Dinar or the Iraqi stock market), and what does he mean when he says that this is much too small for professional investors and that it is only for Widows and Orphans , ie is he saying that the returns would be much too small?. And the Dinar is a "moose"?

Re: The "Legendary" Jim Grant.

Check out iraqcurrencywatch.com

You'll gain plenty of insight if you aren't avoiding the truth to protect your illusions.

Not trying to be rude kblp but I think that Jim Grant a professional and successful investor is more qualified to give advice on what is and isn't a good investment then Sam I am , Jew and Greek or Iraq currency watch is (who the hell are they and what do they do for a living). Plus the Dinar speculation has been on the mainstream media on a number of occasions so it must be plausible, if I said that I was going to turn lead into Gold the mainstream media wouldn't touch it because that would be ridiculous, it can't be done, it would be based in "illusions", but the mainstream media did touch the Dinar speculation so the numbers must add up. So it must be possible and is not illusions.

Fair enough. let's agree on the premise that Jim Grant is a highly qualified investment advice go-to as you've indicated.

Did you even hear what Grant had to say in the link you provided?
    He said "investment in Iraq is for widows and orphans, "too small for the average investor".
    He said investment in Iraq is a "bar bet"

He was speaking about growth potential of the ISX (Iraqi Stock Exchange), compared to other stock markets. He did NOT say it was a good investment or that he encouraged the investment.
    When the moderator asked him, "how does an individual invest in the ISX?"...Grant replied, "You don't! It's traded on a white board with an eraser!"

Still don't understand? Okay, "it's for widows and orphans", "it's much too small for the average investor" and, "it's a bar bet"....means, investment in Iraq is where individuals with relatively no investment capital go to make the longest of long shot gambles because it allows them to dream with the little they can afford.

Seems pretty clear he called the ISX a pig. Still impressed?

Did he or the moderator mention anything about holding Iraqi currency as an investment? Nope, not even remotely.
    They discussed a grand total of 1 Iraqi investment vehicle which was the ISX, and Grant capped the conversation by telling you how to invest in it...."Don't!"

As for your remarks about Sam I Am, Jew, Greek...I'm not in disagreement with you in that they are merely Internet personalities with no investment strategy credentials. How about that huh? But wait, now replace Sam I Am, Jew and Greek with BGG, MrWhite, and Rcookie...who are they and what do they do for a living? There's no difference in any of them when regarding Iraqi investment strategy credentials. Kaperonie, Adam Montana, Okie Oilman...the list goes on and on, and they can all be lumped into exactly the same category of Internet nobodies when it comes to being qualified investment advisors.

Would you compare any of them to Jim Grant? Only if you're delirious.

Now say iraqcurrencywatch and then say dinarupdates. Is there a difference regarding investing credentials? Nope. Both are Internet nobodies when it comes to investing or credibility. The only thing setting them apart is, one is promoting a scam/con, and the other isn't.

Any other falsehoods or delusions you'd like to throw up on the wall to see if it sticks?
    Last edited by Kblp; 07-31-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDinar View Post
    Plus the Dinar speculation has been on the mainstream media on a number of occasions so it must be plausible, if I said that I was going to turn lead into Gold the mainstream media wouldn't touch it because that would be ridiculous, it can't be done, it would be based in "illusions", but the mainstream media did touch the Dinar speculation so the numbers must add up. So it must be possible and is not illusions.
    So it must be plausible huh? You're absolutely right, that's ridiculous. You're also totally glossing over the reason for it's being in the mainstream media. They were exposing it as a scam. To you that equals credibility?

Post one link where a credible investment strategist/advisor or, anyone affiliated with the mainstream media has recommended owning Iraqi currency. It hasn't happened, therefore you can't.
    Last edited by Kblp; 07-31-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDinar View Post
    If I said that I was going to turn lead into Gold the mainstream media wouldn't touch it because that would be ridiculous, it can't be done, it would be based in "illusions", but the mainstream media did touch the Dinar speculation so the numbers must add up. So it must be possible and is not illusions.
    If you and a multitude of other personalities were deriving an income using the premise of converting lead into gold as the basis of an Internet get-rich with very little capital investment scheme...you would indeed find maistream media touching upon the scam.

Would it mean "the numbers must add up"? No.
    Would it mean turning lead into gold was plausible? No.

Would it mean the perpetrators of the scam were con artists? Yes.
    Would it mean the trolls helping to promote the scam were con artists as well? Yes.
    Would it mean those involved in the scam were being scrutinized for fraudulent activities? Yes.
    Can fraudulent activity lead to a prison sentence? Yes.
    Can conspiracy to commit fraud lead to a prison sentence? Yes.

Is there anything else we need to discuss on this matter "Baron"?

I am not sure if I like your tone (don't hold back lol).. So you are saying that Grants only message was to stay out of Iraq , singling them out so to speak , and that was the only point of him "writing something about investing in Iraq" (in the presenters words) , well ok then lol. And why didn't you answer my original post when asking what he meant by only for widows on orphans .. And on the mainstream media , my only point is it must be possible (Dinar appreciation) or it never would have made it on in the first place , and as far as them saying it is a scam go's , they say the scam is when you are sold the old Saddam Dinar or counterfeit Dinar , or being told that the RV is this Friday so buy now , or that you can only redeem Dinar in Iraq , or that the people selling Dinar are not registered , that is where they say the scam is. And me giving links on the mainstream media? , this isn't a court of law my friend, I have nothing to prove , I don't have an agenda, and I couldn't be bothered with someone with a tone like yours. My only point is it is on the mainstream so it must be possible (end of). Now you come here everyday looking for blood , why?, I don't get it, do you have an agenda?, for all I know you could be getting payed to make this look like a bad idea, a good lawyer can make the guilty look innocent and the innocent look guilty , I am not going to let you talk me into anything. Also there are debating forums if that is your thing, go and get your fix, if you don't come here to get payed and you don't have an agenda that is. And as for this forum promoting a scam? , if that was the case they would have shut you up long ago (don't you think).

I suspect it isn't my tone you dislike, but rather witnessing the truth in print for all the world to see.

Hiding behind semantics by stating this isn't a court of law lends no validity, or defense for that matter, to your claims that "it must mean something". That's adolescent reasoning at best. At worst, it's trolling to help promote the con.
    The answer to all of the false narrative is simple. If anything real existed that could validate an Iraqi dinar RV bringing wealth to a dinar currency holder, you or one of the gurus would bring it forth. Instead, the con is played through a propaganda campaign based solely on convoluted reasoning and hype. Does that fit the definition of a con for you?

My agenda is clear, dissecting the myth by providing the truth. What's yours?
    Last edited by Kblp; 07-30-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Whats my agenda? , really? , I am not the one coming here everyday taking on all that come, you are, if you want to know what I am doing here read my original post (to which you gave your opinion). I don't have an agenda , I have never sold one Dinar ever in my life. And as for comparing Sam I am and co with Mr White and co, well Mr White has never told me to run out and buy Dinar , he simply tells me the news and tells me what it means for my investment (his opinion), where as Sam I am and co says stay away from the Dinar, and is he qualified to?. There have been skeptics and critics and naysayers in everything from the start of time , and have they made some great points? I am sure they have , were they convinced they were 100% correct? , yes, and have some of these critics been wrong? YES. And listen even if all of the Dinar critics are 100% right , who's to say that the Iraqi's won't rewrite the rule book , the Americans rewrote the rule book with the petrodollar, and no one seen that coming, and Iraq is Americas baby , they could rewrite the book again, nothing is off the table.
    And "that's adolescent reasoning at best"? so you can not see the logic in my statement no? ,really?. It is on the mainstream media so it must be possible , I would never get on to the mainstream media trying to turn lead into gold because the mainstream media knows that that can't be done (I would never get on TV with it , NEVER EVER EVER), I will quote one lady expert on the mainstream media talking about the Dinar "You can not say it is a scam because you can not say it will never appreciate", and if she can't call it a scam then you can't call it a scam.
    And no it is your tone I dislike , if it was anything else there would be nothing stopping me from selling my Dinar on ebay, which I ma not going to do. Now if you don't have an agenda and you are not getting payed to bash the Dinar here every day then can I recommend online chess? , or a debating forum? , you would have a blast. Me I would love to fight it out here with you everyday but I have got a life , so I will bid you farewell.

Your deductions lack any logic and the evidence you've provided is the very definition of adolescent reasoning.

Farewell.

p.s., Google nuclear transmutation, lead into gold...not that it matters but...
    Last edited by Kblp; 07-31-2016 at 09:22 PM.