Dialogue Osama Nujaifi: Iraq is at a crossroads .. No country .. Maliki and the cause
Dialogue Osama Nujaifi: Iraq is at a crossroads .. No country .. Maliki and the cause of failure
2016-05-19 04:29:06 | (Voice of Iraq) - Baghdad: Masum
Still caught invasion of demonstrators House of Representatives last month , interact and further complicate the political crisis in Iraq, where the parliament is divided on himself, and mass Kurdish retiring, and the government includes ministers did not perform the constitutional oath amid an escalating decline in the security situation and poor economic conditions.
Iraqi politician Osama Najafi, the former president of the House of Representatives , Vice President of the Republic (suspended), Chairman of the Alliance forces block that belongs to the current President of Parliament Saleem al - Jubouri, came out for the media silence and talked about all of these manifestations in an interview with «Middle East». Najafi carry presidency of the parliament and the government responsible for the storming of parliament and the attack on some of the House of Representatives, stressing that « the subject of discussion of changing the prime minister and the speaker of parliament is not a taboo, even though Washington and Tehran were pushing to keep things as they are in order to preserve its interests». On the security Alanfelataat, Najafi said that Iraq is passing through the most dangerous phase in its history, between or may not be, pointing out that there is no manifestation of the state , but currently fragmented authority. He also pointed to the presence of 45 armed factions not under the control of power, and that a large portion of them «uncontrollable», confirming the presence of some 2,500 innocent citizens kidnapped by the «Hezbollah» Iraq, the prime minister can not discuss it. Najafi and thanked the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques for his initiative to provide assistance to displaced Iraqis, said: «This is a good humanitarian initiative thank them and express the sincerity of his intentions toward the good of all Iraqis». And to the details of the interview ..
* Start from the incident to storm the parliament building by demonstrators last month .. Who is responsible for these events?
- This incident strange .. I get kind of collusion .. goal is to disable this institution, but chaos .. has been opening doors and remove the concrete barriers, and allow some people stormed the parliament and the attack on the House of Representatives without any reaction or an attempt to stop them. The ban does not mean confronted by the armed forces, there are many ways to confront the demonstrators, including spraying water on them, or the use of anti - riot forces, there is a known means in the world without harming the demonstrators to prevent this catastrophe that has occurred, while security forces remained watching or helping demonstrators or another, and welcomes them, and they left the House of Representatives beaten and abused before their eyes. That 's why I think that the case was orchestrated to disrupt legislative and regulatory institution, to let things go without accountability or oversight.
* You said that the issue of collusion .. complicity of and with whom?
- I say that the executive branch had a role to allow the incident to storm parliament.
* Means the government.
- Of course .. the government was able to prevent the demonstrators and the headquarters of the prime minister only a few meters from the parliament building, the army and security forces were present in large and able to prevent people from reaching the parliament building numbers. Demonstrations are legitimate and allowed, but can not allow assaulting a legislative institution. I think that this issue was salary, did not come as a result of a security or administrative errors.
* If the demonstrators had turned to storm the prime minister building .. Do you think that the result was similar to what happened with the parliament building?
- No .. it does not , of course, the government has placed great protection to protect the prime minister 's office, while the parliament building adjacent to the presidency of the government and there is no protection.
* Consider all of the Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi and head of the House of Representatives , Salim al incident storming of the parliament as the attack on the prestige of the state .. Where is the state?
- State of Iraq missing correct its standards or as a global definition, we have the authority has not completed building state institutions after 2003. When there is a weapon in the street outside the control of the authority or the government, and when there are provinces falling However organize Daash terrorist, and when there is a disruption of the laws and there are large numbers of innocent people in prisons and kidnap people off the road, it means that there is no state in Iraq, but there are attempts to build a state. Authority in Iraq violate many of the existing laws and the Constitution .. In fact , the Constitution and the disabled by another.
* Talking about attempts to build a state, while the Parliament semi - disabled, there are deputies promise of his presidency illegal, and the government where ministers did not perform the constitutional oath, the ministers considered the dismissal unconstitutional, and you say that the Constitution is disabled, narrated that any attempts to build a state of talking?
- I said that we are trying to build a state authority, in spite of all these difficulties, but the fact of it , and there are many and serious deviations, makes it difficult to complete this mission .. There are many obstacles. We can not build a nation respected by the Iraqi people first and then the world, without removing those distractions.
* 13 years of pain were insufficient before you to build a state?
- Time enough so if the method is true, I have not come since the beginning, but I joined the political work in 2005, and we were not part of the former Iraqi opposition abroad, and we have no arrangements or pre - post what happened at the beginning of change, we came on a sectarian position and quotas, we tried handle things, and that we may have a role in the correct path, and that we represent our people an honorable way, but the powers that control, which is in the person of the prime minister has always been working on the concentration of power , however , a certain group and however one party, and trying to entrench its presence in a way to enable the acquisition of all something, which led to the failure of the march of the security, political and economic failure and lack of conviction and confidence of the people in this march. Collective responsibility , but the bulk of it was located on the address of the responsibility of the government and the armed forces, the Prime Minister , who has the powers of a very wide and the powers of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.
* From the mean specifically?
- Both addressed the management of Iraq, Nouri al - Maliki , whether previously or Abadi now and before them. Maliki and more responsibility, and failure to manage things still exists present our situation.
* How do you manage Abadi government today?
- I think are not successful in the leadership of the country, there were a lot of failures and repudiate all the agreements and contrary to the constitution and the inability to address past mistakes. We do not deny that he received a heavy legacy of failures, but also did not act within the powers of authorized him, and signed agreements on the coup and partners, and became works alone after taking a legitimate political forces. This is a deviation that happened. He had to abide by the terms of the political agreement which was granted legitimacy as prime minister, and that maintains the principle of national partnership. If it committed so it was possible to achieve success, but unfortunately its uniqueness power led him to this gap.
* Presided over the previous session of the House of Representatives successfully by political observers .. How do you find today presidency of the Iraqi parliament from your experience?
- We must keep in mind that the circumstances have changed, we worked for the Iraqi people and solving problems faced by the country, and Tqatana with former Prime Minister Maliki , who tried to dominate the House of Representatives and make it subordinate to the executive, and moved broadly to contain the powers of the legislative parliament and regulators, and pressure often directly in this direction. Has defended the board with full force and did not appease the man, and did not try to hold any deal on a democratic Iraq account, we believe we have done our duty, and we can not successfully address all the things, but we have done what we can. The current situation is different. The legislature has been unable to act independently under what granted by the Constitution, as the basic power, and they are the source of authorities and monitored and held accountable, but I think has become a legislative power today an executive authority, and this is the result of misuse of parliament administration and not to deal with developments and to object in a timely manner. The recent crisis is the result of the presidency of the parliament failed to run things.
* This means that you carry the responsibility of the presidency of parliament divisions and sit - ins large number of deputies and the hoopla that took place in the last session in the House of Representatives?
- I'm told that some of these problems caused due to the Speaker of Parliament, and a section on the nature of alliances in the House of Representatives, the House of Representatives and the relationship with the presidency and with each other.
* Were not these alliances are the same as in the previous session?
- Do not .. differed, at the last session Rahtna Iraqi bloc, were a minority in relation to other large blocks, but we were able to form a kind of political alliances with the Kurdish bloc and the Sadrists and the Supreme Council, and remained the Dawa Party , which supports former Prime Minister as an opposition in the parliament, while he leads the executive branch. This was the result of the efforts of the presidency of the parliament and leaders of parliamentary blocs and political dissatisfaction and political leaders for the chief executive at the time so we demanded the resignation of the prime minister and we had a significant number. Today the situation is completely different, there are conflicts within the Shiite bloc, as well as Sunni and Kurdish bloc, and this led to divisions and distort the political scene and the inability of the Presidency of the parliament to control the rhythm and coordination between the attitudes and blocs, which led to the entire image distortion, and overcome some of the House of Representatives on the Council presidency and the lack of respect and commitment that prevailed in the relationship, which led to what happened at the last meeting of the Council of Representatives of the mess. I do not carry all the responsibility of the presidency of the Council, but it has a lot of this responsibility, as well as the rest of the responsibility borne by the political forces.
* Even so, Ktltkm Sunni, «coalition forces», is committed to the survival of Salim al - Jubouri , head of the House of Representatives did not Tadwa sacked by his opponents of Representatives, is this being a leader in your coalition and nominated by Ktltkm?
- Do not .. We are moving as a statesmen and defend the Constitution and the rules of procedure of the House of Representatives and legal assets, and what happened was an attempt to overthrow him by his opponents Representatives of the protesters illegally and chaotic, and our response to it. There was no formal request according to the rules of procedure, was the absence of the president although he was present at a meeting within the Council building, and did not get a quorum, everything that happened is that the complexity of a group of deputies sitting elected, including interim president, and decided to dismiss the original president without search in legal frameworks. If we allow hold such a way will not be any president is coming Council any role, and the president travels and come back to find another member in place, so we stood against this action we and some political leaders, but that does not mean that we are satisfied with the House of Representatives management, and this is bound to looking in detail.
* Do you think about the nomination of another member of the presidency of the parliament , whether from within or from other Ktltkm block?
- This is looking inside «strong alliance», which is not a taboo, it is now under consideration, there are some issues you should look before you issue this type of situation, it is necessary to resolve the legitimacy of the hearings and the cases brought to the Federal Court by the protestors of Representatives and by the presidency of the Council, and also the relationship between the President of the Council and the political forces, these things will be important in our decision , which we are considering, but so far things remain as they are until they make a decision by the alliance.
* Ask default .. If you were president of the House of Representatives how you Sttsrvon incident with the attack on Parliament?
- I certainly did not allow the breach of the Council building or assaulting any deputy, do not say that I will use armed force, then it is not Shemi, but certainly tidier with the Prime Minister in a way obliged to protect the Council and not allow the breach of the institution, and to convey the meeting to another place without frequency, nor accept that the Council vote in the presence of an existing threat, whether by hand or political protesters or any other threat. It so happened that the Council, when you head to him, had been threatened three times, and did not get anything, but former Prime Minister Maliki had disagreed with the Council and ordered the lifting of the concrete barriers as an invitation to the demonstrators attacked the council, so I decided to disable the Council and informed the Prime Minister that we We will not return to the meeting without the return of the barriers and have already achieved what we wanted.
* If we go back to the cause of the crisis that began when Prime Minister Abadi handed over the presidency of parliament closed envelope containing the names of the new cabin, and went out after he threw the ball in the court of the House of Representatives and get rid of them is, do you think that this procedure was constitutionally?
- Do not .. but the prime minister managed the topic intelligently and professionally and frame outside the constitution, and gave the Speaker of Parliament envelope closed, it is not an official asked him as prime minister to change the government, and it was the President of the Parliament to open the envelope in the presence of the Prime Minister and to the House of Representatives, and asks Abadi to read candidates for the Ministry of the names, to be discussed directly with the House of Representatives, but to receive the envelope and out of the Prime Minister, and after it is opened the envelope he finds Resume walk for candidates for the ministries without a formal request, and the names are distributed to the competent parliamentary committees for discussion; this is not a legal procedure, and Abadi transfer problem from the government to the parliament, which led to this mess and fissures within the Council, with the issue of interest to the executive branch.
* Do you think that there was an understanding between al - Jubouri and Abadi about this procedure?
- I do not think that there was an understanding in this matter, but it may be a common understanding later when the introduction of new names are not the names proposed before, and got a bug inside the blocks that provided not agreed upon names.
* If there was a change or reshuffle does Scharcn capacity as parliamentary bloc in the nomination or the government that will have the right Prime Minister to choose his booth?
- Thread the largest of the amendment or cabinet reshuffle, we believe it should be a review of the government as a whole is placed by the political forces in the coming period, considering the extent of their eligibility and ability to run the country, and this is not a taboo. Under the constitution, the political forces are comfortable majority form the government, they came through the election, and should not be isolated from the choice of ministers.
* Recently come together with a delegation from the US administration .. What do you discuss?
- They say that the country does not assume now replace the head of the parliament or the government or the Republic, considering that there is a battle, and we told them that perhaps these days do not open this file, but the theme of change is not taboo. The subject of the government and the House of Representatives must be discussed during the coming weeks, because the interest and the future of Iraq is the most important.
* Do you think that the Kurdish leadership has contributed to the complexity of the political scene through Theloahaa separation and withdrawal of their ministers and their deputies from Baghdad?
- The relationship between Baghdad and Erbil characterized by vasospasm and lack of trust, not only between the KRG and the federal government, but also between the various political forces, and lack of commitment to the agreements signed and that is the responsibility of the Department of them in Baghdad, the Department of the Erbil , one way or another, and the greater part of this responsibility falls the responsibility of the federal government, which led to not to rely too much on a common future, this is a serious matter, and the onus is on Baghdad to push the Kurds to take away from the center of Iraq resolutions, and this depends on the make concessions and meet financial commitments, and some of them military, and achieve the kind of true partnership, but we feel frustrated, because the government in Baghdad is not working for everyone 's interest, but is still working in the spirit of the one - party - one community, and this led to many of the fissures in their relationship in Arbil, most recently cutting the Kurdistan region of salaries by the previous government even Today. This is the result of accumulation led to the Kurds choose the right independence as a state, and this is revealed from them, while the Constitution defines the nature of relationships, and puts solutions to controversial issues about land financial and military rights, but not to abide by the constitution and the lack of confidence led to where we are today.
* You talked about the differences and divisions , Shiite and Kurdish, what about you, is not there are differences in the Sunni bloc , which represent «coalition forces»?
- I do not deny that there are different points of view, but in the recent crisis our backs into a coherent position, can we better than others, there are attempts to arrange rows , problem solving, but as I said there are disagreements over the Presidency of the Council of Representatives and the nature of relations with other political forces, but in general we put the best of months or years.
* Away from wishes, how do you see the development of the country today?
- Certainly a very difficult situation and met with the deterioration, but there is still a little hope. There is still continuing between the political blocs, and the world is keen to support Iraq against terrorism, and the importance of the stability of Iraq is of great importance, because it means the stability of neighboring countries, and this gives us hope for the existence of solutions. We have not reached the stage of despair yet, and I think the decision - makers in Iraq to act with courage to save the country. Yes , there is a breach of the Constitution and the spread of weapons outside of government control, and the problem of the House of Representatives and relations with neighboring countries. Achieving solutions are not impossible, but there must be a courageous decision, important and useful and popular pressure, to push decision - makers to review themselves and change their style, but we are still in danger and Iraq in the crossroads now.
* Ttrguetm to more than once for the weapon outside of state control, what do you mean by that?
- There are armed forces were «Modordh» since the Iraqi opposition, there are military arms of political parties, a section of these arms has been incorporated into the armed forces and security services, and the Constitution does not allow the existence of weapons outside the control of the state, a section of the party gathering armed tentacles and another section kept them, after entering «Daash» into Iraqi territory returned these armed groups, and developed other, and swelled dramatically, section of this is controlled by forces within the formal institution is « the popular crowd» and controlled within the laws, and the fighting in defense of Iraq, and another section is totals armed fugitive associated with certain countries, as there are more than 45 armed factions in Iraq, and a section of these groups to kill and kidnap people. Yesterday we progress in the «Union of Forces» a request to the Prime Minister for the release of 2,500 people were kidnapped in Razzazah area, and these innocent people including women and children, all of whom are Sunni component had been abducted from a public road, and most of them come from the provinces of Anbar and Nineveh, and all of the passing of this the road is kidnapped by «Hezbollah» Iraq, a well - known point of kidnapped soldiers, and seized control of the weapons , including an Iraqi army tanks, and the government can not interfere or release these innocent people released, and there are areas liberated from the control of «Daash» participation «crowd People », preventing people from returning to it, such as a rock cliff and Solomon your Yathrib and regions in Diyala, this kind of rebellion against authority and the state and the violation of the rights of Iraqis. We have long periods of call on the prime minister to intervene for the release of the abductees, and in some times openly declares that he can not intervene, and it is busy fight against terrorism, and that is if the open now will lead to the disturbance of the war situation and the like, but that does not exonerate the prime minister of being responsible about the life of Iraqi detainees and abductees and displaced persons. The most dangerous thing facing Iraq is the presence of these uncontrolled armed groups, because it will cause in the future in armed confrontations between these factions and the army, which deferred an internal war over Western agendas.
* Does this mean that the Sunni Arabs in Iraq are being targeted?
- Yes , there are efforts by some political forces to weaken the Sunnis and marginalize and isolate their audience for their leaders, and to show these leaders as weak through the persecution of the public, and not to be involved in the strategic decision and keep them away from sovereign positions, and targeted militarily and politically.
* Are there countries support the Sunnis in Iraq?
- Do not .. there is no support in this sense only moral or political support, and any support is done by the authority or government.
* How you received the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz 's initiative to provide assistance to the displaced inside Iraq? - This is to thank the Custodian of the Two, which is a good humanitarian initiative of a neighbor and the people of the brother, and have important human dimensions toward the oppressed people of Iraq, who are the strongest need to this assistance, and we thank them, and this attitude reflects the good faith of Saudi Arabia towards all Iraqis and Iraq. * always repeating that the battle to liberate Mosul imminent .. is it already imminent? - but this battle began, and the international coalition bombing sites «Daash» , and «National crowd» Iraqi army and tribesmen involved in the ground battles, and hopefully be resolved before the end of this year.