Central Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in Iraq: number of operating activity F & B 23,718
Central Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in Iraq: the number of operating activity and food and beverage facilities 23 718 facility
Twilight News / in the twenty-seventh of March of each year the world celebrates the World Tourism Day and the celebration of this event reflects the importance of tourism and Majtha this vital facility of investment and job opportunities leading to the development of a comprehensive work to bring prosperity to the peoples of the opportunities.
Where tourism contributes to today's world in the revitalization of the economies of many countries in the world to direct their contribution in support of national income as a result of tourists spending on services in addition to the multiplier effect of income generated by the spending of tourist revenue turnover in the various economic cycles.
To follow all the economic variables related to tourism being next to the Central Bureau of Statistics statistical surveys especially its relevant flow of foreign exchange and the rate of spending and its relationship to the balance of payments and balance of trade, investment, and how to maximize the economic returns.
Since the hotel activity, shelter tourism is one of the most important work requirements in the tourism, so the Central Bureau of Statistics is pleased to present the results of statistic hotel activity, shelter tourism for the year 2013 report and holds the Directorate of Census trade in the Central Bureau of Statistics to provide tourism statistics that include the following activities: -
Activity hotels and tourist accommodation complexes. Food and beverage services activity, which includes restaurants, cafes, casinos and offer drinks and fast food restaurants. And that is to get their data through field surveys which were conducted last survey in this regard, a survey of restaurants and hotels and complexes of tourist accommodation for the year 2013 and in the intention to hold a survey of tourism spending in the coming year, where it was hoped that this survey is in this year, has been postponed until the year the next because of the circumstances faced by the country at present.
3. The number of operating activity and food and beverage facilities totaled 23,718 facility, where the number of enterprises in urban areas 22009 facility and by 92.8%, while the number of establishments in the rural facility in 1709 amounted to 7.2% of the total number of establishments in Iraq.
4. The number of hotels and complexes of tourist accommodation (except for the Kurdistan region and the provinces of Anbar and Diyala) (1267), accompanied by "tourism for the year 2013 the city of Karbala formed the highest percentage (45.5%), followed by the province of Baghdad by (22.7%), followed by the province of Najaf by (16.9%) then the province of Basra by (4.3%) of the total number of hotels either at the level of sectors, the private sector has a ratio (98.8%) of the total number of hotels.
5 - formed the first class hotels (five stars) ratio (0.6%) were concentrated in Baghdad province (4) hotels, Basra (2) hotel, hotel and one each in Nineveh, Karbala, Maysan, formed a first-class hotels (Four Star ) ratio (5.3%), formed class hotels seconds (three stars) ratio (21.4%), formed the third-class hotels (Cheap) ratio (20.4%), formed a fourth-class hotels (one star) ratio (15.4%), either hotels fifth grade (popular) formed proportion (36.9%) of the total number of hotels.
6. Bbulg number of guests (6321) A guest for the year 2013, the city of Karbala accounted for the highest percentage (49.3%) due to religious tourism, followed by the province of Baghdad ratio (23.6%), followed by the province of Najaf by (19.9%) and the province of Basra by (3.5%) of the total the number of guests.
7. A total of nights (14059) A (bed / day) for the year 2013 formed the city of Karbala by (47.0%) and the province of Najaf by (24.8%), followed by the province of Baghdad by (15.3%), followed by the province of Basra by (3.5%) of the Total nights.
8. The number of workers (8830) in the business of "for the year 2013 formed the Baghdad governorate registered the highest percentage (34.3%), followed by the province of Karbala by (30.2%), followed by the province of Najaf by (14.4%) and the province of Basra by (9.3%) of the total number of workers.
9. The total revenue (261,392) million for the year 2013 formed the province of Najaf by (30.2%), followed by the province of Karbala by (29.5%), followed by the province of Baghdad by (25.5%) followed by the province of Basra (8.8%) of total revenue.