Dollar up with the decline in risk appetite, Australian low

03.20.2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add Comment - LONDON (Reuters) The dollar rose against a basket of currencies on Tuesday, boosted by safe-haven demand with the decline of risk appetite, while the U.S. currency has made ​​strong gains against the Australian dollar amid concerns that the request China for raw materials may be slowing down. and down the Australian dollar 0.8 percent to 1.0528 dollars, with exposure rates for pressure after it said the mining giant me. H. BHP Billiton it sees signs of slowing growth in demand for iron ore in China's largest export market, Australia. and prompted fears of a slowdown in China could affect global growth, the dollar index to rise 0.2 percent to 79.659 heading towards the high level of 80.738 recorded in March and which could in case of a breakout to record U.S. currency's highest level since Jan. 18. The euro fell 0.2 percent to 1.3211 dollars to come down from its highest level in a week at around 1.3266 dollars set on Monday. and accelerated movement of the dollar against the yen in European trade after hearing Asian quiet due to public holiday in Japanese markets. The dollar rose 0.4 percent to 83.73 yen in order to re move towards the highest level in 11 months 84.187 yen struck on Thursday on any trading platform. me. S. yen and a new low level in four months against the euro at 110.70 yen. The Japanese currency has suffered over the past month after the decision to ease monetary policy surprise from the Bank of Japan Habt mid-February. (Ahmed Elhamy prepare for the Arab Bulletin - Edit Nadia Aljowaily)

Read more: https://www.sotaliraq.com/business.ph...#ixzz1pfpFff5i