Our economy publishes details Abadi plan to improve financial management and developm
Our economy publishes details Abadi plan to improve financial management and the development of industry
3/12/2016 0 Comments
Document included comprehensive reforms ministerial amendment presented by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to the political blocs, a plan to improve financial management in Iraq, providing a model for the drafting of the time plans for various activities, and the adoption of improved budget through the preparation of general roadmap, will be submitted to the Cabinet for approval. "
The model includes the formulation of the time plans for different activities, and a comprehensive plan for the advancement of the industrial sector, through the adoption of laws and the allocation of land for industrial cities, and the resolution of corporate restructuring on the principle of partnership, and attention to small and micro enterprises.
Time model formulation of plans for various activities
The comprehensive plan for the advancement of the industrial sector
Supervision: The Supreme Committee for the development of the industrial sector in Iraq (the problem under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister).
Based on what provided by the National Development Plan 2013-2017 of the roadmap task for sectoral development, and build on what has been achieved during 2015 (the revitalization of the private sector measures package, packages of reforms, simplification of procedures); work to implement:
1. industrial sector (cities)
- The resolution of the enactment of the establishment of industrial cities, during the month, by the State Consultative Council / House of Representatives.
- Resolving the issue of land allocation to the industrial cities, during the month, by the High Commission for the allocation of land for the purpose of development projects.
- Preparation of industrial projects matrix - sectoral and spatially, during the month, by the Ministry of Planning.
- Activation of the Supreme Committee for the development of the industrial sector; the formation of a panel of experts put through the plan, within three months, by the board of advisers.
2. resolve the corporate restructuring on the principle of partnership (investment and international companies of the private sector)
- Ending the Ministerial Committee for its work (including feasibility studies) within one month, by the Ministry of Industry.
- The launch of the announcement of the partnership and bidding, within three months, under the supervision of the Supreme Committee for the development of the industrial sector.
- The completion of the analysis and selection of partners operations, within two months, under the supervision of the Supreme Committee for the development of the industrial sector.
- Make decisions and sign contracts, within one month, under the supervision of the Supreme Committee for the development of the industrial sector.
3. Small and micro-enterprises
- Formation of a national group of experts to prepare a comprehensive study and use of international organizations, within one month, by the Ministry of Labor and Social affairs.
- Formation of a working cells (experts and technicians) from the private sector in the provinces, within one month, by the Secretariat of the Supreme coordinating body between the provinces.
- Provide revealed professions and trades and skills, and to develop a map of the activation of small business during the month, by the Ministry of Planning, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, the advisers.
- Selection of projects and crafts, advertising, and work transparently for the selection of qualified, within two months, by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
- Capacity building (integrated rehabilitation program), and the disclosure of lending procedures and facilitating mechanisms, and the allocation of land and sites, and launch and immediate action, within six months, by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
- Time timings are not necessarily consecutive, but that some of them simultaneously.
Adopt to improve budget
- Objective: to prepare a general road map and restructuring program to improve the budget, to be presented to the Cabinet and approval.
- Expected results: increased potential budget revenues in the medium term - run between $ 20-33 trillion Iraqi dinars / year.
Timing of the program
- Based on the selection (28) Initiative (paragraph) are working within a time schedule to prepare him begins in 2016 and ends with a full completion in 2020.
Stages of work to improve the budget
The first wave: begin in April 2016 and include (7) initiatives, focusing on the management improvements that do not require changes in the laws.
The second wave: begin before July 2016, and include (6) initiatives, focusing on the introduction of amendments to the current subsidy system, the activation of new taxes, the financial exploitation of unused drugs and improved project financing.
Third Wave: begin before the end of 2107 and includes (5) initiatives require changes in laws and be more complex, such as the (restructuring of state-owned enterprises / privatization).
Elements of success of the program:
- Political will.
- Governance and transparency.
- The formation of a dedicated team of software works with (unit results) in the Presidency of the Council of Ministers.
- Immediate direct action key.