A question for the RV believers.

Thread: A question for the RV believers.

A question for the RV believers.

Hi guys

I seen a question in the comments section of a youtube video that I can't quite get over , maybe one of the RV believers could answer it for me.
    "No country in history has ever had a major revaluation of their currency, instead went with the LOP, why would Iraq be the only one that would do it differently?".
    Last week I asked LOP question that I didn't get an answer to it is only fair that I ask the RV-ers a question too.

Re: A question for the RV believers.

Well the easy answer is that that comment is completely incorrect. My family was one that made LOTS of money on the Kuwait RV. So the ones that think they know because they can't find records of it. I know first hand that it did!!!

Hi guy
    If I am not mistaking though Kuwait didn't print a ship load of currency in their time of trouble where as Iraq did, am I mistaking?. Thanks for your answer by the way , I have never come across a Kuwait currency RV-er before , it clears up a few passed arguments.
    Last edited by BaronVonDinar; 02-28-2016 at 11:22 PM.

not sure how many they made but the principle is still there, Kuwait did drastically change the exchange rate and it could and will be done again

I think you are missing my point, Kuwait's currency exchange rate would have been effected by the Iraqi invasion, that's a fact, but when they were being occupied they were not printing currency , so when the war was over they could just revert back to the pre-war exchange rate. But Iraq printed 1000 times the currency they had when their exchange rate was 3.22 Dinar to the DOLLAR, so they could not just revert to that exchange rate. I think when it comes to revaluing Kuwait is the exception to the rule because they didn't print a crap load of currency (they couldn't have they were not in charge, the Iraqi's were occupying their country ,and banks).
    Last edited by BaronVonDinar; 02-29-2016 at 06:03 PM.

I may be completely mis-informed here but isn't this the reason that the "New" IQD was issued, to counteract the problems of mass production of the "Old" IQD during the war?

I would say that it was because Saddam's face was all over them and the new masters wanted to wipe clean the passed. Just my opinion. I really want for someone to be able to answer this question because I want this RV more then anyone.

Then look at the global monetary reform which is in full steam ahead which includes Iraq. Iraq didn't devalue their currency and they will not make the final decision to revalue it. Although there many things Iraq needed to accomplish and they have.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDinar View Post
    I think you are missing my point, Kuwait's currency exchange rate would have been effected by the Iraqi invasion, that's a fact, but when they were being occupied they were not printing currency , so when the war was over they could just revert back to the pre-war exchange rate. But Iraq printed 1000 times the currency they had when their exchange rate was 3.22 Dinar to the DOLLAR, so they could not just revert to that exchange rate. I think when it comes to revaluing Kuwait is the exception to the rule because they didn't print a crap load of currency (they couldn't have they were not in charge, the Iraqi's were occupying their country ,and banks).
    I've been very reluctant to respond to your questioning because I'm pretty sure you're not interested in any sort of objective response no matter how fact based it may be. Nevertheless I felt compelled to chime in to possibly help anyone else stumbling across this thread...hopefully they don't confuse any of the above nonsense as being factual.

First, there was never a Kuwaiti RV, and literally nobody made money on Kuwaits currency during the referenced time period. The truth is, Kuwait intentionally devalued their own currency during the Iraqi occupation to prevent Saddam's forces from capitalizing on the theft of Kuwaiti currency. After Kuwait was liberated, the country replaced it's very strongly vetted old currency with new, then reinstated their pre-invasion value.
    Baron you are correct in that Kuwait did not increase the amount of their currency in circulation during any of the events being discussed. First hand claims of riches being made on Kuwaiti currency during the time surrounding those events are blatantly false.

Secondly, and Baron you are correct again, more Iraqi currency was created, but it wasn't a thousand times more. You'd have to multiply the sum of that "thousand times more" by a thousand to arrive at the amount that was added to their currency. The Iraqi dinar was devalued by increasing the billions they had in circulation to trillions. 86 or so trillion if memory serves correctly and maybe it doesn't but even if I'm off by 75% it makes little difference to the bottom line.

Thirdly, and this is purely academic because it really doesn't matter but, the new Iraqi dinar being printed really didn't have much to do with ridding Saddam's picture from the currency although it was an additional feature lumped in with the true intent which, was simply to create a new currency with very little value. The purpose was to transform Iraq's economy and currency into such a depressed state of value that nobody would want it, thereby precluding Iraq from being able to use its currency to arm itself for further conflict.
    The fact that it was devalued by over printing and circulating is what gave rise to the internet driven urban legend that it would somehow "revalue" and suddenly become worth a million times more than it was.
    Ask yourself this...what caused the Iraqi dinar value to decrease? You know the answer to this already Baron because you stated it in the above quote although you were short a few zeros in the multiplier. The dinar was devalued by over printing and placing it into circulation. Once you understand that one point, you should automatically understand what has to happen for it to regain value. Correct, the excess has to be removed from circulation...86 trillion has to be reduced to at least 86 billion for even a remote chance to regain it's pre-invasion value, which by the way was itself not an internationally recognized value. So perhaps the real number is something even less than 86 billion that it has to reach if it's going to be internationally recognized with anything even remotely close to the common values being tossed around in dinar land.

Don't take my word for it. I implore you to investigate any of the claims you read in these forums for yourself, including mine. Trust me, Google is a much better friend to you than anyone making claims in here. The truth you seek, if in fact you are seeking truth lies right at your fingertips. Pull up Google, enter search terms along the lines of "how are international currency values determined and managed". Ignore the returns from dinar related sites and spend 30 minutes reading. If you haven't found real answers by then perform one more google search and enter the term "WHNT 19 news Iraqi dinar". Warning, if you don't wish to know the truth, don't follow these suggestions.

I apologize if anything I've said comes across offensively. In no way is that intended. The one purpose in anything I've tried to convey is simply to help those who seek the truth. Again don't take my word for it. Google is your friend and it's free. Use it wisely and you'll find the truth. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Kblp; 03-24-2016 at 02:53 PM.