A major economic conference in Basra beginning next month
A major economic conference in Basra beginning next month on the implementation of the port of Faw
Member of the Parliamentary Committee on the economy and investment, holding a major economic conference beginning next March to operationalize implementation of Faw port project.
Committee member, said Abdul Salam Al-Maliki of Iraq agency IGN that "a major economic conference beginning next month in Basra attended by leading global corporations and venture capitalists to activate the theme great Faw port".
He noted that "the project is supposed to transmit it to the specialized companies, there are also asked of the Basra province to participate in the project companies of the simple citizen with 51%, and the remaining 49% of applicant companies for work, but the provincial Council is no longer far an integrated project."
Maliki stressed the need to view the project as an investment opportunity, especially with serious action, all eyes are as global economic zone with independent management, and hence lead to economic benefit to Iraq. "
The project needs to special laws regulating work and benefit from the international effort and the international companies of capital and expertise, making Faw port authority. He owner to "project will be among the 10 largest ports in the world, and will generate funds for the Iraqi people.
Transport Minister Baqir al-Zubaidi, yesterday 23 February, a special meeting to complete the requirements for the preparation of a National Conference on the possibility of Faw port and clarifying visions for the preparation of a working paper executable solutions in more detail.
The Ministry said in a statement received in "meeting was attended by the President of the Parliamentary Commission on the economy and investment, Jawad Al-Bolani and representatives from the ministries of oil, planning and investment and the number of specialists in the project".
Port of FAO was completed from the Eastern breakwater by 98 percent by Greek company and the Western breakwater by 24% by Daewoo Corp.
Note that the project on a land area of 54 square kilometres and includes a variety of containers and cargo jetties and berths for petroleum products and materials for ration card, in addition to a large industrial park and a tourist resort and refrigerated warehouses and parking lots of trucks and trains, which will be considered as a cultural milestone for Iraq and the Gulf and a supporter of the national economy and labour of the people of Basra