Al-Shahristani accused of squandering $ 13 billion a year: Abadi deluded people

2016-02-23 00:36:37 | (Voice of Iraq) - Twilight News

Former Deputy Prime Minister Bahaa al-Araji, said the oil licensing rounds with foreign companies where corruption files.

He said during a press conference in Baghdad on Monday that Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi was duped people that it does not cost per barrel more than two dollars while the cost is $ 20.

He accused the chairman of the Oil and Energy Committee of Ministers and former oil minister Hussein al-Shahristani, in charge of licensing rounds, causing wasting money for Iraq about $ 13 billion annually.

Araji said he filed a lawsuit against the corruption of the oil licensing rounds for decades. He said that "there are those who wonder why al-Araji did not stir that case when he was chairman of the Parliamentary Integrity?". He explained, "Agip I actually worked at the time to move those issues when I was a deputy prime minister, but those issues did not reach the results and I did not work on the follow-up but I Satafrg her now and I will work on the follow-up to detect thieves of public money."

Al-Abadi called for the formation of a supreme committee to open large files of corruption related to oil contracts and the Arab summit, weapons and electricity, trade in the previous government.
He pointed out that those involved know stealing the country's wealth will contribute to saving the Iraqi economy, which is currently facing great difficulties.

And he demanded the arrest of al-Abadi head of the Integrity Commission Hassan al for the work and the formation of a commission of inquiry and ministerial under his chairmanship to investigate corruption in the licensing rounds for decades.
He pointed to raise a lawsuit against Yasiri for defamation after the announcement accused him of corruption and referred to the judiciary, after verification of the absence of a case against him in court.

He called al-Yasiri announcing submitted earlier nine requests to open the suspicions against him files.
"I'm the only official who opens the files on the same has been investigating cases were Nbarita and went to grade final."

The Integrity Commission announced last Thursday for hauling Araji, Saleh al-Mutlaq, a former deputy prime minister and Naim Abaob former secretary of Baghdad and Farouk al-Araji, director of the office of former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to investigate charges of abuse of office and theft of public money.

Link